Jumping Again?

Jumping Again?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: jenasaykwa.8327

jenasaykwa.8327

I fail at jumping. Yes, I have gotten better at it since launch, but still.

The fact that you have released a patch that depends almost entirely on one’s ability to jump just saddens me. I am going to miss out on this content because of this need to satisfy a niche audience.

Jumping Again?

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

Heh unfortunatly Jumping is one of the KEY factors of this game so your gonna have to get better.. I to suck at it but hey .

Jumping Again?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

In Guild Wars 1, people complained you couldn’t jump.

In Guild Wars 2, people complained you could do optional content through jumping.

People never cease to amaze me.

I really like how a.net implemented jumping with a vengeance.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Jumping Again?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I really like how a.net implemented jumping with a vengeance.

I think it’s just pentup sexual tens- erm… Z-axis tension, unleashed with fury!

Jumping Again?

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i love jumping. i even jump in real life now to hone in on my skills!

well tbh, if you take a look at the “theme” of this patch, being in the skies, new movement skills, kites.. it kinda relates to jumping.

seemingly there’s a huge outrage this time around, perhaps it’s the 2nd patch in a row where a bunch of achieves are tied to JPs and jumping. maybe we’ll see how ANet chooses to move forward?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Jumping Again?

Posted by: fey.5438

fey.5438

Jumping thread again?

Jumping Again?

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

well tbh, if you take a look at the “theme” of this patch, being in the skies, new movement skills, kites.. it kinda relates to jumping.

seemingly there’s a huge outrage this time around, perhaps it’s the 2nd patch in a row where a bunch of achieves are tied to JPs and jumping. maybe we’ll see how ANet chooses to move forward?

Don’cha mean how ANet plans to move up?

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Jumping Again?

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

I too hate with a passion the jumping puzzles, but yesterday I did them all for a first time (except the one in WvW).
They are not really that hard (again except the one in WvW).

The Caledon Forest one has timer on the pads, but if you fail, you can teleport to the last checkpoint (there are 5 or 6 check points). So you dont have to start over from the beginning.

The one in Dredgehaunt Cliffs is very simple, just get a group. When several people are using the torch skills it goes really fast and easy!

For the kite in Queensdale you dont have to do a jumping puzzle (bandits cave).

The JP in Lornar’s Pass is a kittenallenging, but there are no time limits or environment traps, so you can take your time. Plenty of guides on the internet.

Fireheart Rise – also an easy one. No time limits or traps. Really fast one. Just be careful at the end, the boss has a knock back. Go straight for the kite, and then kill the boss.

Jumping Again?

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Not sure what the problem is. Sure there are a good number of crystals that require a bit of skill but the elements do most of our work. Hell I when to a normal JP after doing 2 hours of elemental jumping and I thought I was gonna die from how bad I suddenly got.

Its pretty simple.
1. jumps straight up and all you have to do is push the foward button.
2. aim straight. click once, click again to spot.
3. Point and click.

#ELEtism

Jumping Again?

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Oops, I thought the OP means the Jumping puzzles kites.

Jumping Again?

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

We get it. You can jump in this game. Please stop shoving it down our throats. Can we please do something else?

Jumping Again?

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

People never cease to amaze me.

Probably because you mistake ‘people’ for ‘the same people’. One little generalization and suddenly they’re capable of all kinds of amazing and contradictory things!

Jumping Again?

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

We get it. You can jump in this game. Please stop shoving it down our throats. Can we please do something else?

You spend the vast majority of the game beating on enemies. It’s nice to have a little variety. Maybe they can add other things like skiing/snowboarding.

Jumping Again?

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Don’cha mean how ANet plans to move up?

ba-dum tssss.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Jumping Again?

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

It takes a bit to get used to the new skills especially figuring out which to use where. If the jump is horizontal and looks a bit too far it’s probably the new #3 skill. I didn’t realise straight away that the purple obelisk things act as an auto-target so if you are near one of those you can just press #3 to auto-jump to the other side. I found once I’d got the second waypoint it was easier to go back down and the visibility of the crystals is improved.

Not keen on the vanishing skills I have to say. Also there are some crystals which seem highly visible but a waste of time trying to get to. Just that tiny bit too high or far. I managed to get 40 though and discovered the location of another 4 that I gave up on. Also not keen on the high falls to certain death followed by wp charges. For future suggestions, rather than clutter a new area with lots of shiny power-ups why not go with a transform tonic instead. It makes sense in the Mario-kartesque sprinting game but for area exploration there are too many negatives – you die, you get charged to wp, you have to remember where you found the power-ups, you’re not sure if skill #1 will run-out before you reach point x because you missed 1 jump etc.

At least by the time you get 40 crystals you get the feeling that you have really earned the little statue thing.