Keep The Bazaar of the Four Winds!!!

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: AtomicRose.1893

AtomicRose.1893

We have no Canthan like Areas in the game. So why not keep it! Why get rid of it. This zone is alot better then South sun cove. The Area is beautiful. Just get rid of all the stuff like the Charged Quartz. Why get rid of something that everyone loves. You got rid of the Canthan district because of stupid reasons so don’t get rid of this beautiful zone.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’m sure it will return eventually. But the zone serves no purpose without living story, unless you rely on it to farm t6 mats.

Posted by: Nilanil.4721

Nilanil.4721

Both Keil and Gnashblade are negotiating trade agreements aren’t they? Once a trade agreement is established (as a result of CP) it seems to me that there will be a reason for Labyrinthine Cliffs to stay and for the Zephyr Sanctum to make regular visits.

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

Why does everyone go on about Cantha and Asian influences so much? What’s the big deal? The game is mainly European in theme. Nothing unique, but how would adding stereotypical Asian themes to the game improve it? Should it matter if something is Eastern versus Western? Isn’t the only thing that matters whether the content is satisfying or not?

More OT: Labyrinthine Cliffs would never be left in the game without the Zephyr Sanctum. I guarantee you that no one would visit a zone that small unless they were roleplaying. That said, I’m willing to bet it’ll appear again at some point, maybe even in another location. The devs. wouldn’t go through the trouble of establishing the Sanctum if it was never meant to return again. Personally, I think the whole Zephyr thing came out of nowhere. I’d rather have a zone that’s actually connected to the rest of the world instead of being in it’s own little bubble in the middle of nowhere.

I agree on one thing, though: Labyrinthine Cliffs does look great. Love to see that kind of effort in the aesthetic of another zone in the future.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Why does everyone go on about Cantha and Asian influences so much? What’s the big deal? The game is mainly European in theme. Nothing unique, but how would adding stereotypical Asian themes to the game improve it? Should it matter if something is Eastern versus Western? Isn’t the only thing that matters whether the content is satisfying or not?

To me, the game simply feels incomplete without Cantha (and Elona, of course, but I guess we are getting Elona someday, but maybe not Cantha).
It is simply that Cantha was part of the world in GW1, and in GW2 it is not, and maybe it never will. It is a bit ridiculous to wipe out an entire human nation like that.
Lore-wise, we simply lost contact with Cantha. This contact should be reestablished once the sea dragon is defeated, IMO.
I wouldn’t mind not having Cantha right now in the game if there was any hope that it would be brought back at all, but every time a Dev talk about Cantha it seems pretty unlikely that it will return.
Also, I want Cantha back for roleplaying reasons. I have a canthan character that used to live in the Canthan District before the Great Collapse, but since a Dev said that there was never a Canthan District in DR despite the npcs that say that there was, I don’t know what to do with this character anymore.

On topic: I don’t mind if Labyrinthine Cliffs is removed, as long as it returns soon.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

To me, the game simply feels incomplete without Cantha (and Elona, of course, but I guess it is a real possibility that we are getting Elona someday, but not Cantha).
It is simply that Cantha was part of the world in GW1, and in GW2 it is not, and maybe it never will. It is a bit ridiculous to wipe out an entire human nation like that.
Lore-wise, we simply lost contact with Cantha. This contact should be reestablished once the sea dragon is defeated, IMO.
I wouldn’t mind not having Cantha right now in the game if there was any hope that it would be brought back at all, but every time a Dev talk about Cantha it seems pretty unlikely that it will return.

I’m not against adding the continent. I’m just baffled by how many people so vehemently demand it be added (this is not directed at you, of course). I still standby my opinion that much, much more of Tyria should be opened up before moving on to other continents. Adding Cantha after defeating Bubbles is an interesting idea though. But I was pretty sure it was Zhaitan who blocked off Cantha, wasn’t it?

Also, I want Cantha back for roleplaying reasons. I have a canthan character that used to live in the Canthan District before the Great Collapse, but since a Dev said that there was never a Canthan District in DR despite the npcs that say that there was, I don’t know what to do with this character anymore.

I don’t roleplay, so I can’t really respond (as far as I’m concerned though, playing a game period is sort of like roleplaying, isn’t it?). It is inconsistent and confusing for the game lore-wise though, and the devs. should probably clear up whether it was Art or Canthan district and leave no loose ends if possible.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I’m not against adding the continent. I’m just baffled by how many people so vehemently demand it be added (this is not directed at you, of course). I still standby my opinion that much, much more of Tyria should be opened up before moving on to other continents. Adding Cantha after defeating Bubbles is an interesting idea though. But I was pretty sure it was Zhaitan who blocked off Cantha, wasn’t it?

I agree. Some people seem to think that the game was made for them and that they are the center of the whole universe, and by saying “I WILL STOP PLAYING” they will actually cause some impact and make the company rethink their decisions. Of course, a Dev told us to keep saying that we want Cantha back (politely, of course) because then maybe someday Cantha will be back.

About Zhaitan, yes, he blocked off Cantha, I believe it was on the rise of Orr However, Zhaitan is dead already(LS-wise), so the only reason for not starting sending ships to Cantha and back that I can see is Bubbles and his minions.
I mean, unless there is something else. “Here there be monsters”? x)

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

yes pls! when i am feeling down, i just have to go to this map and i feel better again!!! this is the most beautiful map in the game! and the background music in there is incredible..

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

wookie .. cantha is part of the major content in gw1. this expansion has brought a lot of improvement into gw1 i am with the others that want cantha back

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I would love it if the vendors would stay that give chests for the extra mats. I had a stockpile of Candy from the Dragon Bash living story and loved that I was able to offload that. That would be the only reason to keep any of the stuff in this zone here. They give Zephyr chests though and once the content ends, we won’t need those.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA