Large Kite Baskets Empty?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

I’m sorry to ask this if it has already been answered, but I was wondering if large kite baskets are intentionally empty? I have only found two of them so far, but at both destinations there were skritt thieves just sort of hanging out next to the large kite. Are they supposed to have stolen the goods? If so, it is not very clearly conveyed and it seems odd that they just stand there with no dialogue or any sort of action like squeeing about shinies before scurrying off.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

They are only an achievement and basically you touch it and get the achievement. They do not contain loot. Kind of a bummer because some of them are not too easy to get to. I suppose the chest at the end of the jumping puzzle is suppose to be the reward but even some of those you don’t have to complete to get the kite.

The Burninator

SquirrelKing.8964

That’s about what I figured, but I just found it odd that there are skritt thieves just sort of moseying around the kite baskets, not doing anything.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I believe the initial release of info said we could get treasure from the chests. They must have taken that out and left the Skritt to explain how a parachute basket got inside a JP.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ll echo the fact that I was very disappointed the kite fortunes at the end of the JP’s didn’t have actual loot.

Especially since the patch notes do mention kites at the end of jumping puzzles having loot. Unless those are different jumping puzzles and different kites.

SquirrelKing.8964

I’m glad to hear from other folks. I’d like to hear from someone at ANet on why this was changed, since the patch notes don’t mention anything about it. It would have been great if the large kite baskets worked as another way to get kite fortunes (which have also become extremely rare since Cutthroat Politics started).

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

I believe the initial release of info said we could get treasure from the chests. They must have taken that out and left the Skritt to explain how a parachute basket got inside a JP.

The kites arent moved, they land there. They are always under cracks to the sky. I noticed this in the one JP thats really dark and full of Shadow Skelk. Even the OS one clearly came through the giant opening in the ceiling.