People Slamming Sprint Winners

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Is this some kind of secret “Look at how good I am thread”?

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Posted by: VinylScratch.3461

VinylScratch.3461

I tend to get first in most of my races and I don’t think I’ve ever given away the lead intentionally to give someone a title. I’ve been called a myriad of filthy names, someone went as far as to call me a fat lipped baboon (lol?) because I had won four consecutive times against him. Each where I was ticking at the end and it would be 10-20 seconds before he showed up. The fact I beat him by that margin is enough for me to decide he doesn’t deserve the title if he’s shooting for the title while I’m in the game.

The issue is that the GW2 community IS helpful, but at the same time it’s also starting to get some of the WoW players it seems who believe everyone should take turns so everybody gets what they want.

I personally like the fact I earned mine through a few failures, it keeps me thinking like Farzo linked, failure leads to success. It’s just some people are better at handling failure and the perception of it. And it made me better at the racing course because of it, in order to get first I had to learn a few tricks, like listening for the oncoming lightning strikes and using a guard.

People need to grow up and realize they should have to earn things, especially on a game where you have unlimited resources at your disposal, like google and youtube. And you can’t say generation crap because I’m 19 and I’ve figured this life fact already and have known it since I was 12 and progressing through AQ40 on WoW with a guild that knew my age and kept me around because they knew I was willing to fail with them until we reached that point of success.

Didn’t deserve the title, because you were in the race. So…he would deserve the title if you weren’t in that race. Kind of a strange bit of logic, isn’t it?

It is a bit funny seeing someone with a Brony name saying that he won’t give someone a win. So much for friendship and magic.

“Didn’t deserve the title because you were in the race.”

My answer to this is yes. I feel the title should be given to the best racer out of the group of racers in their own individual instance/server. If I was able to consistently beat him like that, he wasn’t the best racer therefore undeserving of the title. Simple as that.

And granted I enjoy the show, I kind of reject the term “brony” for a myriad of reasons. Feel free to PM me if you want the reasoning for whatever reason. And I’m all for helping people out legitimately do not get me wrong. But it’s higher on my moral priorities to make sure I never give a handout. Give a man a fish logic.

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

The problem is: are you join in the wrong neighborhood ? I mean, they do this before you join. Of course everybody will mad of you, due to you destroy that atmosphere. Or when you get 1st at x time, you said something to them which upset them.

If I were you, ignore them, leave, and join another race. (If you stay, it means you also acknowledge I need help (because they permit you to become number 1)).

(edited by deviller.9135)

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

No the problem is that this race and all the other minigames before this are tied to the achievements that are needed to get items. In this instance, the Quartz Crystal for your home instance. If they’d leave that off you wouldn’t get as many people complaining about not getting a freebie win.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

This is happening in every chat in every game I play. I can’t report everyone. Is this the so called “helpful” and “friendly” Gw2 Community everyone is always talking about?

To clear up confusion, the foul language in the chat box was directed at me for not letting people win the race.

It’s kinda like a professional athlete showing up to a friendly pick-up match, beating the pants off everyone, and then getting upset when everyone leaves.
Lets look at reality here. As much as we would like to believe that everyone playing Guild Wars 2 is is equal, the truth is we aren’t. People on the other end of the connection are dealing with all sorts of variables that make playing competitively much more difficult.

Lag, disabilities, computer speed, skill, time, desire, and even age are just a few of the factors that determine a players ability to compete in PvP type games. Guild Wars 2 doesn’t group people based on any factors, so its quite common for highly skilled players to be paired up with varying degrees of other players.

This is why taking PvP games such as this seriously, to the point of denying others of a win, is selfish and short sighted.

I understand the OP’s desire for a competitive and fair game, and in a perfect world ANet would design these games in a way that allowed fair matching, but until that happens, constantly winning despite having the achievement is not being gracious or considerate.

So, to the OP. Perhaps try to empathize with what situations other players may be facing, and consider what might be different for them if you weren’t in the race. Would that player with a bit of lag, older PC, or physical disability be able to win on their own?

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

………….How many threads are you going to make about this, once the devs close your last thread you make another one? Look some people are naturally …well lets say socially awkward, but ever stop to thing maybe its the way you treat others? I have yet to see people call others names especially anything considered bad just for winning there is more to this than you are letting on. There are enough races that if someone loses one they move on they don’t constantly stay to harass the person that won 1 race, they would have many many people winning over them so why is it just you they do this to im sure your not the only one winning races? If you don’t feel like helping others fine, that is your decision; however this alone wont provoke the kind of treatment your discussing. Treat others the way you wanted to be treated is my best advise.

Posted by: Rage Tiger.4019

Rage Tiger.4019

Wow. . . never thought about asking a group of racers if I can come in first. . . only to obtain the achievement, I don’t really have a purpose of having the title itself. Only title I even use is “been there, done that” for the 100% world completion.

Doesn’t matter if one comes in first or dead last, the reward in the chest are about the same. My best placing was 2nd, and I haven’t even seen any better from when I was 12th.

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

………….How many threads are you going to make about this, once the devs close your last thread you make another one? Look some people are naturally …well lets say socially awkward, but ever stop to thing maybe its the way you treat others? I have yet to see people call others names especially anything considered bad just for winning there is more to this than you are letting on. There are enough races that if someone loses one they move on they don’t constantly stay to harass the person that won 1 race, they would have many many people winning over them so why is it just you they do this to im sure your not the only one winning races? If you don’t feel like helping others fine, that is your decision; however this alone wont provoke the kind of treatment your discussing. Treat others the way you wanted to be treated is my best advise.

This is the first thread I’ve made about this topic. If you are referring to the previous thread I posted about people not cheating it is separate. This is to discuss people getting mad at those who do no let others win. At this point I couldn’t care less if someone wants to let others win, just don’t get mad at me for finishing in fist when I can.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

My honest advice is not to BlueSoda, but to everyone else. If this person can’t understand why being a gracious winner is a good thing, then I say whenever you see this player in your game….leave.

This is a community. And as a community we understand that there is a time and place to be competitive and a time and place to be cool. We all know that BlueSoda can win, good job, but as I said above, there are a lot of factors that make winning not as easy as just practicing until you get it.

If this player wants to run the race without considering others, then let them race alone. They can type /cheer at the finish line every time and feel just amazing for the well earned win.

BlueSoda.6297

My honest advice is not to BlueSoda, but to everyone else. If this person can’t understand why being a gracious winner is a good thing, then I say whenever you see this player in your game….leave.

This is a community. And as a community we understand that there is a time and place to be competitive and a time and place to be cool. We all know that BlueSoda can win, good job, but as I said above, there are a lot of factors that make winning not as easy as just practicing until you get it.

If this player wants to run the race without considering others, then let them race alone. They can type /cheer at the finish line every time and feel just amazing for the well earned win.

You’re speaking of a community that I love to be a part of in PvE, but in PvP I am not going to be a doormat for people to get points.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

This is the first thread I’ve made about this topic. If you are referring to the previous thread I posted about people not cheating it is separate. This is to discuss people getting mad at those who do no let others win. At this point I couldn’t care less if someone wants to let others win, just don’t get mad at me for finishing in fist when I can.

First because you join in wrong neighborhood. If from the first time you join in this race people compete with other people, you are not wrong. In the other hand, if you join when people do this, you are the wrong one. This is like you live in China but you use USA culture. Of course people will mad. (lucky this is not crab toss, which people will hit you over and over with plank).
Second you become number one with “help” others >>> although it’s not your intention (which mean there is someone who waits before finish line, and you just cross finish line over and over again).

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

…ok so you changed the title but the topic is still the same boils down to this you say : why do people stop at the finish line to help others and let them get their title and why do they get mad at me for winning. Answer people generally like to help others that are finding a certain task difficult to do this in no way means you have to help anyone, feel free to do what you want, but think; the way you are treated is directly related to the way you treat others. This does not excuse their behavior its never right to sink to someone else’s level to get even just be the better person and move on and provided all you did was win this is not how you would be treated. I have won my fair share of games w/o a word and have let others win even more games, to me its all about the fun I have in the race not what number I get in the finish. If someone is struggling I try to help if I can, but again you don’t have to do this, but people will treat you the way you treat them in almost all cases and seeing how this seems to be more than one person I hardly think all the blame lies with them. Just be nice to others and they will be nice to you that’s it case closed.

BlueSoda.6297

First because you join in wrong neighborhood. If from the first time you join in this race people compete with other people, you are not wrong. In the other hand, if you join when people do this, you are the wrong one. This is like you live in China but you use USA culture. Of course people will mad. (lucky this is not crab toss, which people will hit you over and over with plank).
Second you become number one with “help” others >>> although it’s not your intention (which mean there is someone who waits before finish line, and you just cross finish line over and over again).

I disagree, you can’t expect me to be in a random join game, and then follow arbitrarily made “rules” as I join.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Honestly just as there is no problem with standing by and letting others win, there is also no problem with choosing to take the win yourself. The person who gets to the finish line first gets to choose what to do with that victory. Noone else. If they want to take the victory them self, good for them. If they want to pass it to the next competitor to make it, good for them.

Just because anyone chooses to win when they have earned it does not mean they have earned our ire. That does reek of entitlement and is caustic to the environment. If people all agree to help others, that is good. But noone should be forced to do anything they don’t want to. Technically this is a competition, after all.

To players complaining about winners winning, just leave that match and find another more conducive.

To players complaining about winners not winning, just leave that match and find another more conducive.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

You’re speaking of a community that I love to be a part of in PvE, but in PvP I am not going to be a doormat for people to get points.

I would really like to see you address my first post.

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Hey guys,

as this thread does not conduct a friendly and healthy forum environment, we decided to close it. If someone is harassing you ingame, feel free to report them and our support will look into it.

Thanks for your understanding.