Slam dunk!

Slam dunk!

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

ArenaNet I once again am amazed by the sheer scale of the content we have received from you. This the latest in a two week content pledge and its hard to fault (although I’m sure my trusty fellow forum users are busy doing just that )

Not only have we a new area to explore, you have added the elemental movements to it, made it all work so well within that environment and then also made is look so kitten pretty. The sail ship at the top is just stunning.

On top of all this you have hidden the sky crystals in really challenging places, given us the race, mini games, achievements which get us visiting old ground and reworked the achievements system. Added a new PVP map…. (Faints)

Seriously is anyone else as upbeat about this game as me now? I guess I am a fanboy, hey I’m guilty but I think for good reason. Awesome work AN, I think there are a lot of players starting to come back to look at what your doing and rightly so.

Genophix.

Slam dunk!

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

My friend (and maybe me aswell) feel bit different. I’d rather have permament content every now and then than temporary content every 2 weeks, which btw is way too often imo. My friend who played WoW like a crazy and hunted some achievements there with me, is getting sick and tired of the achievements with these living stories. And tbh, so am I. And that’s coming from a person who got Battlemaster title alone in WoW.

My friend is ok with JPs, but he doesn’t really like that it’s pretty much whole point of this new living story content. I myself find the whole zone amazing though, and the abilities are fun to use (even if they are buggy sometimes…add annoying sky crystals with that and it becomes a mess.) Still, overall I find the JP stuff enjoyable. But again they made this amazing looking zone BUT it’s only going to last for 2 weeks? It really seems like a waste of money/time to even make those zones if you just delete them after 2 weeks.

I also liked the new “mario kart” minigame, even if it starts to get boring after 5 runs. Imo they should’ve added more maps to make variety. My friend tried it and I guess he enjoyed it ok. The other minigame Belcher’s Bluff I found somewhat alright. The npc opponents are fun (EXCEPT 1 specific lovely norn) but the achievements required for the title are boring/tedious. 50 games is way too much and really, people who want the achievement/title right away, will just spam the belcher’s bluff kits with friend until they have the 50 games they need.

I’m glad lots of people seem to like this new content and I agree with most of the points people make, but 2 weeks is too short time to enjoy and do everything in peace.

Slam dunk!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Scale is definate, taking 555k damage in a fall, concidering I take half damage that was over a million points of damage in one shot.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Slam dunk!

Genophix.3098

Scale is definate, taking 555k damage in a fall, concidering I take half damage that was over a million points of damage in one shot.

Did you land on a nuke??

Slam dunk!

Posted by: Grimthagen.6019

Grimthagen.6019

I like most of the update – I just wish it was going to stick around. That’s a lot of man hours in ability design and map-making that are just going to go back into the Disney vault.

All the while, WvW players have been hollering for another map as playing the same two for a year is getting pretty dull – but they’ve been told “making maps is pretty hard”.

vOv

Slam dunk!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Did you land on a nuke??

I attempted to save myself by using the sun power, but I think it might have made me hit the ground harder instead.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Slam dunk!

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It brought back a couple of my friends, so this patch definitely is a step in the right direction.

Good job, Anet!!!

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Slam dunk!

Genophix.3098

Did you land on a nuke??

I attempted to save myself by using the sun power, but I think it might have made me hit the ground harder instead.

He he so you basically fired yourself at the ground at the speed of light?!

Your lucky you have a toon left to play with