Srsly, entering while its already started?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Why do u put people in the sanctum sprint while it has already started? -_- u have no chance of winning/rewards will be denied. so whats the piont? all people i’ve asked about it are annoyed by it.

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Don’t worry, rewards are the same no matter in what place you finish.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I like it… it gives me a few moments to get warmed up to the commands before the real race begins. Helps me look slightly less foolish and uncoordinated.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Why do u put people in the sanctum sprint while it has already started? -_- u have no chance of winning/rewards will be denied. so whats the piont? all people i’ve asked about it are annoyed by it.

I entered 12th, everyone was already out of sight.

But I won anyway ^^ It can be done. It’s not perfect but it’s just one race at best where you’re handicapped.

You don’t need to be 1st, except once, for the title. The rewards are the same for all.

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

This happened to me and I came in 6th. I didn’t get a chest at all that time…no reward at all.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Kilgorn.1463

Kilgorn.1463

Don’t worry, rewards are the same no matter in what place you finish.

Not when there isn’t enough time left to get to the end. Then you get nothing.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Why does it matter? Does it affect the people already racing at all?

If not then why not let people do it? You might think they’re wasting their time, but it’s theirs to waste. Unless it somehow affects other people in the race I don’t see why it’s a problem.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anything you do still counts towards the achievements, however you won’t get a chest for that race.

Think of it as a warm up period before your actual race. In reality it is just filling up arenas, otherwise you’d be sitting at the starting line for 3-4 minutes waiting for enough players to join to have a full race. Either way you will be waiting the same amount of time, this way they let you work on achievements, practice your skills and warm up instead of just standing there.

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

How are the rewards the same? I have seen first place people get the new backpiece and the rest of us a green and a quartz.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Would you rather compete a little and get a hang of the race, watch the others playing, getting some crystals, or wait in the previous map for a spot in a race that is about to start while doing nothing?

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

At least it didn’t send you to PvP like first time I tried! (Temple of Silent Storm to be more specific).

I guess you can use those scenarios to warm a bit with the commands like others said. If they didn’t it this way, an incompleted group would be waiting until the roster would complete.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I actually don’t mind starting after the race has begun. I can take my time and look around a little without having the pressure of winning and collect crystals for the achievement. It is better than just waiting in the queue.

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

It behaves like a hotjoin game (you join to an already started game, roll over to another game) while it should behave like a tournament game (you start a fresh game, wait for players to assemble, get out to main map after a race).

Please fix it!

Temporary solution: I just leave the game, and rejoin it through NPC till I get one with enough time to finish it (preferable the one that’s just started) or the one that ends soon (so can roll to a fresh race).

(edited by Ravak.8912)

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I went to sPvP too the first time! Ending up observing a terrible ele.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Smoothy.1085

Im actually really dissapointed that every rank gets the same reward… i mean i get it thakittens just for fun but they just COMPLETELY annihilated the purpose of winning. winners should atleast get a little extra of something imo.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Im actually really dissapointed that every rank gets the same reward… i mean i get it thakittens just for fun but they just COMPLETELY annihilated the purpose of winning. winners should atleast get a little extra of something imo.

You don’t. The higher you place, the more quartz crystals you get. I was noticing this yesterday.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

You don’t. The higher you place, the more quartz crystals you get. I was noticing this yesterday.

No longer true. The patch tonight apparently removed the Quartz crystals from Sanctum Sprint entirely. How are we even to reliably get 25 per day now? Mining at the Bazaar yields about half of that, and the rest? (Finding kites is not reliable, considering how buggy they are and difficult to even find one that works.)

Posted by: eloqen.8297

eloqen.8297

I just finished one such race. No reward, and the race counted toward Crowd Favourite but not Frequent Sprinter. What?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

No longer true. The patch tonight apparently removed the Quartz crystals from Sanctum Sprint entirely. How are we even to reliably get 25 per day now? Mining at the Bazaar yields about half of that, and the rest? (Finding kites is not reliable, considering how buggy they are and difficult to even find one that works.)

You can buy supply boxes from the vendors
You can buy them directly from the Tp
You can open kite boxes that are scattered throughout the world
You can mine your home instance node

I’ve gotten about 500 crystals so far, they are pretty easy to get.

edit also if you enter a race mid-way it says in GIANT letters on the top of your screen that since you entered a race in progress it will be considered a practice race and you will not be rewarded a chest until the next race starts.

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

Grats, half the kite boxes I approach simply bug out. And I don’t even get them displayed on the map. Sanctum Sprint was my hope to reliable get 25 crystals per day…

Posted by: cuasilk.6927

cuasilk.6927

Mining at the Bazaar yields much more than 25.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

You can buy supply boxes from the vendors
You can buy them directly from the Tp
You can open kite boxes that are scattered throughout the world
You can mine your home instance node

I’ve gotten about 500 crystals so far, they are pretty easy to get.

edit also if you enter a race mid-way it says in GIANT letters on the top of your screen that since you entered a race in progress it will be considered a practice race and you will not be rewarded a chest until the next race starts.

They also drop from bags (on top of the material in the bag).

Back on topic, I don’t mind so much joining a race already in progress, what I think they should remove is joining a race so far in that you don’t get a reward for completing it (the races that tell you at the start you will get nothing for this race).

From what I’ve noticed, the rewards are now the same, regardless of position. To the poster that said first place got a back piece, that was simply luck, as I’ve yet to get anything good for first place, but I’ve gotten a few rares (including back pieces) from other positions (first back was when I ranked 8th or something).

Smoothy.1085

Whats even the point of trying to win if you don’t get something extra, might aswell just fool around now try to annoy people instead xD

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

What makes it even worse is that it’s bugged. Sometimes you do enter legitly from the beginning and when you get to the chest the late start message flashes and you get nothing T.T

edit:seems that happens if you try to claim the chest before finishing

(edited by Navzar.2938)