Stop the Cheating and Match Fixing in Races!

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Something needs to be done about all the match fixing that is going on in the new mini game race.

People are running to the end, and then waiting for people to get there so they can get 1st for their achievement.

It’s making it pointless for people who actually enjoy the game to try and compete. Plus I’m tired of getting called mean for not letting others win when I come in fist a few times in a row.

This is CHEATING!

EDIT:

So after reading all of the comments below and doing my best to respond to as many as I could I’ve come to the conclusion that the community does not want to actually play this mini game, and only wants the achievement points. If that is what the majority wants, then I guess it is pointless for me to continue to argue my point.

I will close by saying that it would maybe fix this problem the awards were adjusted for 1st 2nd and 3rd place to give people more incentive to win. I suppose I will just have to accept that no ones wants any mini-game in gw2 to ever be played fairly.

Please feel free to continue to express your opinions on this issue weather you agree with me or disagree.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

(edited by BlueSoda.6297)

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

lol what?

I do this because I’m not selfish and there is absolutely no difference in rewards from 1st or 12th place.

I already know how to do this game that I’m consistently first and I already have my achievements for Sanctum Sprint, so why not? I’ll help others.

I wouldn’t call this cheating. I bet you don’t even know the ‘shortcut’ to the end lol. Now that’s cheating.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Its not cheating. No one is using some kind of exploit to get themselves or their friends to the end faster than anyone else.

This is called not being a jerk and allowing people who’d like to get the achievement get it.

ive made first 20+ times and i only took 1st the first time. I know a lot of people would appreciate getting their achievement done and they shouldnt have to suffer something they dont like doing just because their skill level or luck isnt as high as some other people.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

BlueSoda.6297

I know about the shortcut, and I don’t use it. I play fair. I want people to play fair too.

All I’m saying is, what’s the point of it even being pvp in there if no ones is going to compete!

People need to EARN their achievements!

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’m too busy to even notice these kinds of things. But on the other end I would not mind if someone else lets me win

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

People can EARN their achievements when they’re not heavily dependent on something that they can’t control – ping. Lag of any kind makes the race 100% unwinnable (movement skills won’t work, send you to your death, lock you in place for several seconds, among other things).

The race’s mechanics are broken. Match fixing is the only way for some people to get the achievements, and not due to a lack of skill, but due to the fact their actions don’t actually trigger immediately, unlike people who are close to the servers, whose actions fire much faster.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

People need to EARN their achievements!

What is this word…“EARN”…the forums know not this term…

BlueSoda.6297

People can EARN their achievements when they’re not heavily dependent on something that they can’t control – ping. Lag of any kind makes the race 100% unwinnable (movement skills won’t work, send you to your death, lock you in place for several seconds, among other things).

The race’s mechanics are broken. Match fixing is the only way for some people to get the achievements, and not due to a lack of skill, but due to the fact their actions don’t actually trigger immediately, unlike people who are close to the servers, whose actions fire much faster.

A legitimate argument. However, I am still angry that I can’t get a decent match up and that I’m being hassled for not letting people win.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: slaney.4250

slaney.4250

Maybe Anet can install some kind of hall monitor type thing to stop this outrageous behaviour of people helping people….or maybe, just maybe they have better things to be bothered about?

BlueSoda.6297

Maybe Anet can install some kind of hall monitor type thing to stop this outrageous behaviour of people helping people….or maybe, just maybe they have better things to be bothered about?

It’s helping sure, but it is also cheating and exploiting. It’s people getting something they didn’t work for and didn’t earn.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

A legitimate argument. However, I am still angry that I can’t get a decent match up and that I’m being hassled for not letting people win.

Yeah, I understand your frustration with that. Both sides have legitimate complaints, I think. It would already help some if people in any given match were close to each other, geographically, or if the matchups took people’s placement in previous races into consideration – that way the players who aren’t as good or have worse ping would race each other rather than the people who are better or live closer to the server.

Posted by: DaddyBoJangles.6012

DaddyBoJangles.6012

I like to give a good ole tortoise and the hare when I am in first(having already gotten the chieve) /sleep at the finish line until someone else crossed

Topher.1684

It’s helping sure, but it is also cheating and exploiting. It’s people getting something they didn’t work for and didn’t earn.

So what you are saying is me and some friends were exploiting/cheating when we invited others in the guild to get the cliffside kite achievement? or people joining a boss fight at the end and dealing enough damage to get the chest are cheating/exploiting because they didn’t work for it/do all the pre-quests?

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Allowing people that are having trouble to get an achievement via kindness and cooperation?
Not an exploit.
Thief being able to spec to have twice as many sun strikes?
Exploit.

Stop complaining that a good community works together and help out people who aren’t as good at something that they are.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

BlueSoda.6297

So what you are saying is me and some friends were exploiting/cheating when we invited others in the guild to get the cliffside kite achievement? or people joining a boss fight at the end and dealing enough damage to get the chest are cheating/exploiting because they didn’t work for it/do all the pre-quests?

I don’t know what kite achiev. you are talking about, haven’t done it yet so I can’t say one way or the other.

As far as the boss fight goes, if people come in and do enough damage to get credit for the kill then they are not cheating, they did what was required.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’m pretty sure the buggy/laggy mechanics are preventing those who are not local to the servers from doing well in this race.

Is it fair they get a handicap and never able to obtain the one time only achievement just because you’re “competing” for a reward you already have? Preventing any one else from getting it once you have it is simply being mean. There is no reason to come first after you got it the first time.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The problem isn’t people just standing at the finish waiting for others to cross first….it’s people standing up on a ledge and using the attacks on some but not others so that some people can get ahead of those they don’t know..

Topher.1684

I don’t know what kite achiev. you are talking about, haven’t done it yet so I can’t say one way or the other.

As far as the boss fight goes, if people come in and do enough damage to get credit for the kill then they are not cheating, they did what was required.

A player finishes first because someone let them. They did what the achievement required, they finished first…

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I use all the shortcuts I can find, I also try to run the course as fast as possible and I win 90% of the time, and I already have the title since first day of the patch.

BlueSoda.6297

I’m pretty sure the buggy/laggy mechanics are preventing those who are not local to the servers from doing well in this race.

Is it fair they get a handicap and never able to obtain the one time only achievement just because you’re “competing” for a reward you already have? Preventing any one else from getting it once you have it is simply being mean. There is no reason to come first after you got it the first time.

I’m not competing for a reward, I’m competing for fun. This is a game, and I would like it to be played fairly so I can have fun. I actually like the race, but when people cheat like this it really hurts us all.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Azure Prower.8701

I’m not competing for a reward, I’m competing for fun. This is a game, and I would like it to be played fairly so I can have fun. I actually like the race, but when people cheat like this it really hurts us all.

Curios if you run Sanctum Sprinter as a naked Charr? Because if so. I’m probably the one who called you out in game. You’re simply being mean for no reason. There is nothing competitive about this mini-game. It’s mostly luck based and connection based. You’re just trying to block others from getting a one time achievement for your amusement.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

Something needs to be done about all the match fixing that is going on in the new mini game race.

People are running to the end, and then waiting for people to get there so they can get 1st for their achievement.

I just did about 20 runs (in the same instance) and asked nicely before the race started, to wait just before the finish line when you already got the achieve. Most people cheered for this method, and i made lots of people happy when they finally got their achieve.

It’s making it pointless for people who actually enjoy the game to try and compete. Plus I’m tired of getting called mean for not letting others win when I come in fist a few times in a row.

This is CHEATING!

We still competed for 1st/2nd and 3rd place, but we waited just before the finish. Everybody had a great time and lots of fun (till some guy joined and behaved like a real idiot in the chat)

I dont see how its cheating, its just being nice to other people who have a hard time with the race.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

All that is required is hitting the boss once, especially if you are in a group. I have received credit for chest by barely hitting Fire Ele once with my GSword as I ran in with it at 5% hp. I do not think this is acceptable, but it’s in the game design.

In fact, I think it is better that people ‘fix’ these races, than it is that people get full credit on dragons for doing barely anything.

This game supports working together and helping others, and this is just another example of that.

Is it cheating if you are doing a mini-dungeon and get downed, and suddenly someone else comes and revives you and kills the end boss? You got full credit, but you really didn’t deserve it.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

………….so now we’re complaining about kindness and calling it cheating……

Jesus Christ these forums will complain about anything.

Next you’re going to tell me it’s cheating for all sides to form a silent truce in the EB jumping puzzle, something that happens fairly often on TC.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

BlueSoda.6297

All that is required is hitting the boss once, especially if you are in a group. I have received credit for chest by barely hitting Fire Ele once with my GSword as I ran in with it at 5% hp. I do not think this is acceptable, but it’s in the game design.

In fact, I think it is better that people ‘fix’ these races, than it is that people get full credit on dragons for doing barely anything.

This game supports working together and helping others, and this is just another example of that.

Is it cheating if you are doing a mini-dungeon and get downed, and suddenly someone else comes and revives you and kills the end boss? You got full credit, but you really didn’t deserve it.

Yeah but that’s all PvE people helping people. I’m talking about in context of this race which is PvP and is not supposed to be based on people helping each other. Why are there attack power-ups if this is co-op?

If you let someone win, you are cheating period.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

The only one it seems to hurt is you. Tell me what is the difference between reaching the end first and crossing the finish line and reaching the end first and waiting. There is no difference except an ego one. So is that all it is? You needing an ego boost to have your name on top?

I’ve finished first by actually winning, but I had to switch to cable over wifi to do so. The game has to many lag issues and bad skill behaviour to make it a fair race to begin with. I’ve even gone over the side a few times only to fall on air meaning I had to jump myself further down manually.

Posted by: jackiekat.1382

jackiekat.1382

See, I appreciate it when people are courteous enough to win only once to get their achievements. My computer is really slow and I’ve played 20+ times and haven’t broken top three once. It’s annoying. But at least I know I still have a chance if I keep trying!

BlueSoda.6297

The only one it seems to hurt is you. Tell me what is the difference between reaching the end first and crossing the finish line and reaching the end first and waiting. There is no difference except an ego one. So is that all it is? You needing an ego boost to have your name on top?

I’ve finished first by actually winning, but I had to switch to cable over wifi to do so. The game has to many lag issues and bad skill behaviour to make it a fair race to begin with. I’ve even gone over the side a few times only to fall on air meaning I had to jump myself further down manually.

The reason I want to play fairly and work to win is because of the same reason I like to win a games like Mario Kart, because it’s fun!

Since when is it more important for people to get an achievement than to have fun and play fairly?

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Yamori.9781

Yamori.9781

Really don’t see the issue here. It’s not fun when you’re stressing to get 1st for the achievement. If everyone already has it than it is considerably more fun since you dont have to worry about it at all.

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I’ve been called selfish for crossing the finish line. Made me do a double take, really.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

BlueSoda.6297

I’ve been called selfish for crossing the finish line. Made me do a double take, really.

Same happened to me, got a lot worse than being called selfish though :p Had to report several people.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

This is CHEATING!

I do that. I get first to the finish line, then I sit in front of it and let other people win so they get their achievement.

Someone helped me the same way, so I help others by paying it forward.

Are you Shpongled?

Shpongle.6025

Same happened to me, got a lot worse than being called selfish though :p Had to report several people.

That’s considered grief. You will get banned for grief reports like that.

Are you Shpongled?

Shpongle.6025

Really don’t see the issue here. It’s not fun when you’re stressing to get 1st for the achievement. If everyone already has it than it is considerably more fun since you dont have to worry about it at all.

yea dude exactly, i totally agree maan, after I got my achievement i just chilled at the back of the bus totally awesome when u get it and u can not care about the race or what place ur in

I mean the chest rewards are the same for all places, if first 3 places got different chest rewards, like if the first place was some really good loot, it’d be worth competing everytime, but to compete just to compete, that’s lame and pathetic

Are you Shpongled?

BlueSoda.6297

That’s considered grief. You will get banned for grief reports like that.

I’ll get banned for reporting someone that cursed at me? I don’t think so,lol.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Yamori.9781

Yamori.9781

It’s more fun to compete knowing everyone already got their first. I don’t like to stress over an achievement like this and I don’t want to be the cause of someone elses anxiety for it. Even if the rewards were better for higher place, I’d feel better about it knowing everyone got their achieve already.

Azure Prower.8701

yea dude exactly, i totally agree maan, after I got my achievement i just chilled at the back of the bus totally awesome when u get it and u can not care about the race or what place ur in

I mean the chest rewards are the same for all places, if first 3 places got different chest rewards, like if the first place was some really good loot, it’d be worth competing everytime, but to compete just to compete, that’s lame and pathetic

I agree.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Shpongle.6025

It’s more fun to compete knowing everyone already got their first. I don’t like to stress over an achievement like this and I don’t want to be the cause of someone elses anxiety for it. Even if the rewards were better for higher place, I’d feel better about it knowing everyone got their achieve already.

yeeea duuude exactly, it’s waaaay more fun that way

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Best I can get in a “full match” is 4th. When I played with only 3 I won. Also I was able to run a few times by myself yesterday… cause lucky and only 3, 2, 1 players.

Shpongle.6025

I agree.

Pretty much found a video that sums up my thoughts on people like that.

http://youtu.be/Hw1ncADC9KM

hahahahhahah that’s hilarious, dude that made my day I met THIS guy in THIS video exactly today, his name was uh… Lashnitzka or something Kashnitski or Lashkata something like that and it was EXACTLY THE DUDE IN THE VIDEO U LINKED maaan hahahaha i had a ball with him tho, some conservative pompous egomaniac, i cut him down a few notches :p

Are you Shpongled?

Conner.4702

The reason I want to play fairly and work to win is because of the same reason I like to win a games like Mario Kart, because it’s fun!

Since when is it more important for people to get an achievement than to have fun and play fairly?

Since when is it more important for others to know you won over knowing you won yourself but letting others have the “top” spot. I don’t need someone elses approval to know I’m good.

BlueSoda.6297

Since when is it more important for others to know you won over knowing you won yourself but letting others have the “top” spot. I don’t need someone elses approval to know I’m good.

I’m just glad people don’t have that kind of sad mentality in regular PvP matches.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

You seem to think those of us letting people pass are still not competing, we are. We just know we don’t need to cross the finish line to prove we won.

Based on the fact that rewards do not scale, it’s safe to assume Anet expected and maybe even intended for this to happen.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Shpongle.6025

Curios if you run Sanctum Sprinter as a naked Charr? Because if so. I’m probably the one who called you out in game. You’re simply being mean for no reason. There is nothing competitive about this mini-game. It’s mostly luck based and connection based. You’re just trying to block others from getting a one time achievement for your amusement.

dude totally, exactly what u said man, not helping other’s is sooo laaame

Are you Shpongled?

BlueSoda.6297

You seem to think those of us letting people pass are still not competing, we are. We just know we don’t need to cross the finish line to prove we one.

Well, as I stated in my recent EDIT at the top of the thread, if that is what you wish to make of the game you are entitled to it.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Shpongle.6025

I’m just glad people don’t have that kind of sad mentality in regular PvP matches.

dude u shudve seen us in southshun crab toss, i had this group where ALL of us took turns getting all the achievements like the one where others gotta get rolled over and u dont, all of us took turns and we all got it, i got like all of the hard competitive achievements in like 30 mins, it was totally awesome

teamwork and helping eachothers rullZ!! IT RULLZ, BUDDY!!

Are you Shpongled?

Conner.4702

Yep very sad indeed that I don’t feel the need to stroke my own ego in a mini game for fun. I don’t have an inferiority complex thankfully.

Memphis.3274

Curios if you run Sanctum Sprinter as a naked Charr? Because if so.

Hey, nothing wrong with running it naked, my asura does all the (pvp) mini games naked

BlueSoda.6297

LOL, lots of people play as a naked charr, there were like 5 of us in one race yesterday. Someone suggested it and I think it became a thing :P

btw, if you were the one that called me those bad words then you were reported…so…I don’t know if it was you or not.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

(edited by BlueSoda.6297)

Memphis.3274

EDIT:

So after reading all of the comments below and doing my best to respond to as many as I could I’ve come to the conclusion that the community does not want to actually play this mini game, and only wants the achievement points. If that is what the majority wants, then I guess it is pointless for me to continue to argue my point.

I will close by saying that it would maybe fix this problem the awards were adjusted for 1st 2nd and 3rd place to give people more incentive to win. I suppose I will just have to accept that no ones wants any mini-game in gw2 to ever be played fairly.

Please feel free to continue to express your opinions on this issue weather you agree with me or disagree.

Like i said before, there is still lots of competing for the 1st/2nd and 3rd place, but we simply dont need our names on the scoreboard at the end. I even gave the people (who were competing against eachother) tips how to be faster at the top (or is giving tips to other people also cheating)