Thanks a lot to...

Thanks a lot to...

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: soulsuke.7913

soulsuke.7913

…Henge of Denravi and Isle of Jantir! And no, I’m not being sarcastic. Last night I went to EB to get the “World vs. Kite” achievement, and when I got to the jumpung puzzle… Dammit, there were a lot of red players. Yet… There was no killing at all! Actually, people from a server were helping those from the others in certain parts of the dungeon!
Given the other threads where people actually complain about trolls and griefers, I actually want to thank all the players of these two servers (along with mine, Northern Shiverpeaks), who actually made this achievement obtainable for everyone! I’ve never witnessed such friendliness between rival factions on any other MMO, I’m quite moved!

Proud Opera and Debian Sid (unstable) user. And it won’t stop me from playing GW2! :p

Thanks a lot to...

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Stuff like this is awesome. I hope more servers hold truces!

Thanks a lot to...

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I may give this a shot then after all! It was a nightmare getting it during the Aetherblades LS and swore I’d never go back, hopefully there’s some of this attitude for us Tarnished Coasters I only attack people in there if I’m attacked first, but I haven’t had as much luck with other players.

Hoopa doopa.

Thanks a lot to...

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I may give this a shot then after all! It was a nightmare getting it during the Aetherblades LS and swore I’d never go back, hopefully there’s some of this attitude for us Tarnished Coasters I only attack people in there if I’m attacked first, but I haven’t had as much luck with other players.

TC is griefing DB hard atm. I had to kill off 3 of your kind for camping it.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Thanks a lot to...

Joseph Skyrim.2470

… aaaand it’s back to the murderous rampage. :P

Can’t really blame them though. For each enemy that gets the achievement means an increase quartz supply for their opponent + a potentially stronger enemy individual (thanks to achievement rewards) to face later on.

But they’re not thinking about that. They’re just thinking about camping.

Thanks a lot to...

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

DB is doing pretty much the same. I had to kill two DBs to get to the achievement because they randomly attacked me at the end of it (just after the cages).
Toaster here. I miss FA.
Edit: Just to make it clear, I do not camp the JP. Never did and never ever will do. I didn’t even finish it after getting the achievement, I just left, since I am not used to it and I didn’t want to be an easy target. I’m busy defending our third of the map.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

Thanks a lot to...

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I hate it when they do that. They give all of Tarnished Coast a bad name when they do. Most of us try to get them to stop, btw. They don’t listen. >.< In fact after I got killed by an opponent in the JP, a couple of my own side (the griefers, of course) decided to ‘teabag’ me.

So feel free to kill all the camping kittens you like. Even we thank you for it.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Thanks a lot to...

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

And I had to kill off 3 DB to make my way to the kite too <shrug> – nevermind last week I got attacked by a 4 on 1 in the same jump puzzle trying to get the aetherblade cache (I killed 2 of them and the other 2 chickened out)

I wouldn’t call that griefing though, just seems to me like business as usual, DB and TC stabbing each other in the face on sight, which is no big surprise considering our server’s history together as near-permanent WvW adversaries.

HOWEVER I do feel they need to remove these kinds of achievements – it’s really not cool to force pure-PvE players into a PvP hot-zone for a PvE reward

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

Thanks a lot to...

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Maybe what they should do in the future is have a pvp set of achievements so that the WvWers have something of their own too. Using the kites as an example:

PvE – get 6 kites from JPs and mini dungeons (1 AP for each)
PvP – get 3 kites from each of the borderlands (2 AP for each)

Completing either gives you the Learn to Kite achievement (4 AP), but completing both will only still net you a max of 10 AP (as if you only completed one), so it’s pointless to do both. Or a simpler way is just make the overall Learn to Kite grant all the achievement points, it would just have 2 completion bars which is either/or.

Having more objectives in there would actually mean less camping, since the campers would have to spread out to cover each. If they do go with this I hope they aren’t scum by putting the kites (or whatever) inside forts though. :P

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)

Thanks a lot to...

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I got mine a couple days ago. This is a good thread, I will use it to thank those mostly SoR and some BG that didn’t attack me and my group of friends that went to get the kite. I had tried a few times fighting and didn’t make it, it was nice (and unexpected in a PvP zone) to have an easy run.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Thanks a lot to...

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’ll add to the awesome community story. A big ol’ Charr named “Scorch Bloodclaw” on Emhry Bay was making sure people had gotten in the top 3 at least once. Not only was his initiative amazing, but everyone else, at least in my races, seemed to be cooperating.

I’m sure I made him nervous when I blew right by him the first time when he said it and won, but I read what he wrote, and I hadn’t yet. The win jumped me over my 16.

So to Scorch and the rest of the folks that ran a few races with me tonight on Emhry (which is my home server, I don’t guest much). Thank you!