Unlimited Zenith screwing up weapon system?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I don’t know. I mean, I am replacing my guardians gear with Zenith skins because she was my first character and apart from the two fractal weapon skins, her weapons were pretty boring (mystic claymore, ghastly staff, molten hammer). Plus I think the Zenith skins go will with the whole Guardian thing.

However, most of my other characters will not be switching to the Zenith skins. Mostly because, apart from my ranger whose axe skin leaves much to be desired, I am happy with the skins I have and see no need to replace them OR have other skins I would like. For my ranger, for example, I would like the Fractal axe skin.

So no, I don’t think it will break anything. Zenith is great but people get bored of weapon skins pretty quickly and the last thing they want is the same skin on all their characters.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Untill the next big thing arrives you will see them everywhere.

This. So much this.

Anyway, I like the look of the Zenith weapons in general, but like Pixel and a few others, they generally don’t suit the aesthetics I’m going for on my characters. The only Zenith weapon I’m using at the moment is the Zenith Cesta (scepter) on my Mesmer, because the crystals kind of fit with the glowy purple energy Mesmer use. And even then, I’m switching it out for a Golden Scepter once I get enough CM tokens.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I think your giving the zenith skins to much credit. I’v yet to see any 1 easy access skin dominate the population players, there are far to many different players with styles, tastes and theme for people to sit on 1 skin. sure there might be alot of like the mystic crystal look (mostly casters I imagine) but within a few weeks/months a new flavor of the week wil be found.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I don’t think the fact that they’re unlimited really has to do with this at all. The most I could see the unlimitedness doing is making transmutation stones less necessary.

And as for the skins themselves..I don’t think they’re gonna make other skins obsolete or anything. I mean everybody likes them right now because they’re new and some people think they look really cool. Why else do you get a skin? However there are a lot of other cool-looking skins out there, and I’m sure people are still going to go after whatever they think looks cool.

Plus, after a while zenith skins will become more common and get boring. And you wouldn’t really want all of your weapons on all of your characters to be zenith lol. Unless you REALLY like them. So I don’t think it’s really anything to worry about.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im using them as temporary skins until I get the skins I always planned to have. My mes is using the zenith sword and focus until I get infinite light and anomaly. My war will probably get zenith mace and axe permanently to go with my fractal axe though.

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Zenith staff + necro = Awful !!!!!!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

http://i.imgur.com/7h3MIZo.jpg

The reason why I took the Zenith Greatsword before anything else.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I wish they would move my HoM skins to this type of access (on AP screen). Going to the HoM to get skins is just a waste of time and a PitA…..

If it has effect on TP weapon prices, it can only be to bring them down (which is a good thing to 99% of players).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Beta Sprite.4169

Beta Sprite.4169

I disagree. Then again, my necro isn’t very dark. =P

~Beta

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

The weapon looks fit perfectly with my mesmer’s look.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I dont like alot of the new skins and already there is a huge amount of players using them. It seems its more important to have that “prestige” weapon. I was trying for Sunrise but ended up scoring the fractal GS. Which is much more rare then the Legendary weapon. So, why bother…

Posted by: clutchpro.6742

clutchpro.6742

Most of the Zenith skins are really nice ( GS/Staff/Bow/dagger, etc.) […] the new skins looks great and is unlimited.

Your opinion, and your opinion!

I don’t see myself using them on any of the characters I play right now. It’s just not the specific style of any of them.

Same here, but I like them, so I’m going to buy a new character slot and make a themed character just to use them. I’m just waiting for the 5k aps reward because I heard it will give us 400 gems, so I will just have to use my gold for the other 400, hopefully (I don’t know if that information is correct).
And answering to the OP’s question… Well, I won’t buy other weapons for THAT character in particular, but I don’t think that will screw up the market for other skins. I usually give my character dungeon weapons or weapons bought with badges in WvW instead of buying weapons from other players, anyway.

You heard right when you get to the 5k aps reward you will receive 400 gems, 15g, and more

Posted by: Dimi.9613

Dimi.9613

I guess I’m a little confused, do you get to unlock more skins every day or something? I haven’t been logging in every day so I just got to pick 1 skin today. Why do you say unlimited? I get unlimited of that one skin, but not all of them, right?

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I guess I’m a little confused, do you get to unlock more skins every day or something? I haven’t been logging in every day so I just got to pick 1 skin today. Why do you say unlimited? I get unlimited of that one skin, but not all of them, right?

Right. It seems that you can pick one Zenith skin each 1000 APs. You can have unlimited units of the skins you choose, but you can’t pick all of them (for now).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Dimi.9613

Dimi.9613

Right. It seems that you can pick one Zenith skin each 1000 APs. You can have unlimited units of the skins you choose, but you can’t pick all of them (for now).

Thanks!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I guess i am to feel bad for using blue quality skins then, sometimes barely costing me 5s.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Awesome looking weapons you can get even as a noob. Of course skin prices are going to drop.

Posted by: Exsul.5803

Exsul.5803

So far I’ve only unlocked one skin, I have 8 toons, none of them are max level yet (so their gear is still getting upgraded regularly) and only 2 toons use that weapon with any regularity. And still I see myself getting tired of them quickly (commitment issues).

Posted by: Wor Machien.9657

Wor Machien.9657

I like my fractal weapons because they are uncommon. Zenith weapons (oh gawd greatsword) are so common that I lean away from them when possible. When my fractal weapons start becoming common, I will find other uncommon cool looking skins to find.

I straight out destroyed my SAB greatsword skin. It just got boring because it wasn’t special anymore.

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

I disagree. Then again, my necro isn’t very dark. =P

Welcome to the dark side of the…… err wait…….

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

well I’m glad they have unlimited uses. I was pushing for them to make the event weapon skins have unlimited uses, or just 1 pvp and 1 pve version from 1 ticket, so this being unlimited uses is refreshing. I have 5500 achievement points, and have been playing since launch. I have no desire for more limitations.