Why is waypoint costing money?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Sousui.1635

Sousui.1635

Seriously? sure fine I’ll just roll an alt to do your silly jumping puzzle cause every fall is a DEATH.

Oh and add me to the list of people who hate jumping puzzles. The body collisions and camera in this game are awful.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Not every fall is death… Most of them are, though, I agree. And people are simply ignoring most bodies. That’s the biggest problem.

(and I’ve falling on my way to those goggles and lived several times… by falling in the water with just enough depth to make me go swim… I swear, it was not deeper than my knees!)

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

Play necro.
/15chars

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

The only reason I don’t mind so much is that there are constantly events going on that will recoup your loss. And you can start the events simply by interacting with the merchant’s items.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Basically this. I’ve lost so much money by trying and trying to get the crystals since I did not want to use the guide to get the achievement :P

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Basically this. I’ve lost so much money by trying and trying to get the crystals since I did not want to use the guide to get the achievement :P

It’s more fun just free exploring to find them. There is more challenge in it that way.

But to recoup your losses from dying just do a handful of events. One per death will refill all you lost plus some. And you can start the events pretty constantly.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Unfortunately the bazaar is not a city since it has mobs and dynamic events. Fortunately this issue is limited. Once you have all those crystals, you’re done. No need to continuously jump and fall. And as compensation you received several golds from APs. So I see no problem there (for now).

But instead I’d rather like to see a skill everyone gets. Cast 10s (fully interruptable, like downed heal), CD 2 mins, “teleport to lions arc/ your home city”.
And additionally to that, I’d also like to see waypoints between cities should be free as well. There are asuran portals, so given 3 loading screens you’re there, too. Just shorten it to a single one.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Unfortunately the bazaar is not a city since it has mobs and dynamic events. Fortunately this issue is limited. Once you have all those crystals, you’re done. No need to continuously jump and fall. And as compensation you received several golds from APs. So I see no problem there (for now).

But instead I’d rather like to see a skill everyone gets. Cast 10s (fully interruptable, like downed heal), CD 2 mins, “teleport to lions arc/ your home city”.
And additionally to that, I’d also like to see waypoints between cities should be free as well. There are asuran portals, so given 3 loading screens you’re there, too. Just shorten it to a single one.

Teleport to Home Instance button. Can leave Home Instance to enter Home City.

It’s not even about “hearthing”, it just makes it so instead of ending up at Lion’s Arch, we end up where we SHOULD end up.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

This is the technical explanation, I think. It’s not classed as a city for waypoint purposes because it’s a location with enemies.

I don’t think there’s a reason for a ‘hearth’ type skill – instead, I’d just propose making waypointing to a city always free. It’s not like we can’t get to the cities for free anyway, it’d just speed things up and remove Lion’s Arch congestion.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: Zenon.4328

Zenon.4328

The sanctum sprint game gives at least 8 silver no matter what place you come in, so 10 runs will get you almost 1g if not more. Don’t see how people can have trouble with money in waypoints in this map when it gives you an easy way to get the money back 10 fold.

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

yeah i was complaining about the waypoints day one, me and a buddy wasted so much money porting everywhere after death going for the sky crystals…then i found out about the sprint race giving you 10ish silver no matter what place you finish…yeah ok time to farm some races lol

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Wait.. the races give money now? Did some races the first day and I don’t recall getting any coin. Maybe it was patched?

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

cuz arena wants us to stay poor…i spent 17g on the quaggans, i never ever buy any of those expensive gem store pets, but…. they’re quaggans, i had to have them

quaggan. quaggan.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Oh and add me to the list of people who hate jumping puzzles. The body collisions and camera in this game are awful.

Just for you: some pictures of my warrior standing perfectly still. Also at one point I think playing air-guitar on an air-stage.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

Wait.. the races give money now? Did some races the first day and I don’t recall getting any coin. Maybe it was patched?

There is a chest after the finish line, when you open it you get a bag of coins and some other stuff.

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

There is a chest after the finish line, when you open it you get a bag of coins and some other stuff.

They must have changed this since the patch went live. That chest only yielded me mostly blues, and the rare yellow on patch day.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

It’s a money sink.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I died a decent number of times, but about half the time I was revived – the other half I landed somewhere totally out of the way and no one was around.

I also got 8-10 silver per bag running the race the past hour or so, so I’m pretty sure that I’ve gained over-all.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Unfortunately the bazaar is not a city since it has mobs and dynamic events.

Has not stopped LA from having both…

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

This is mainly an annoyance issue. The problem is that, before you discover all the cool aspects of the area, this issue comes up and creates a negative first impression. After doing Spekk’s Lab to get the achievement, it seems like the mechanics there are really quite good. And the JP was out very early. Why does Arenanet keep messing up the basics that they clearly had mastered at launch?

Slightly off topic, but related. They have toned down the supply delivery event which apparently was supposed to be a nice introduction to the zone. But nobody seems to know this so they are no longer even bothering with it. Another blown first impression. It is really a shame since there are so many very cool things about this zone. Probably not for those who hate jumping puzzles, but you don’t have to be a big jumping puzzle fan to have fun there.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

The Bazaar isn’t a town. Therefore, waypoints cost money. It’s how it works everywhere in this game.

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Yeah there was a quick addition in one of the patches, the chest now gives you a bag o coins (i’ve gotten anywhere from 12 to 9 silver, mostly 9 silver), a thing of karma (700 i think?), then blues and greens (a friend did get a rare, and i got an exotic out of it)

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Kinda have to agree.. the combination of a high likely hood of repeated falling deaths with a payed waypoint has pretty much killed all my interested in exploring this map.

after my second fall I just logged out.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Gold Sink

/16 chars

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

If the waypoint cost is breaking your bank…then you’re not selling your Quartz like you suppose to.

’nuff, said.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Sandman.7019

Sandman.7019

Uh wrong need at least 200 for an achievement lol

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Uh wrong need at least 200 for an achievement lol

How am I wrong? You obviously don’t know how the market works since you are blindly passing on an opportunity.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

Eh, it would have been nice to have seen these way-points being free. When you’ve got an environment in which the climb to the top is a massive achievement, quick movement really would have been nice. Let the penalty be in the time lost/equipment cost of death, but additionally crippling travel with the silver is a little mean. That being said, I don’t mind too much.

Posted by: Shaez.5762

Shaez.5762

What happens when you die and you don’t have money for a wp?

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Just make an alt, strip it neked, and enjoy dirt cheap ports.

[Yay]

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Just make an alt, strip it neked, and enjoy dirt cheap ports.

You shouldn’t get armor damage from falling.

But I’d agree: Use a low-level character.

There’s no benefit to using a level 80, since everyone’s upscaled. (And besides, there’s only a few events with monsters… and they have to be started by players anyway.)