World vs Kite

World vs Kite

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Strucker.8274

Strucker.8274

Why the WvW achievement? I could see a sPvP one because there is so much flexibility. But WvW there are too many factors in play, first you need to have a keep to get to the puzzle, then you need to complete the puzzle all the while hoping you don’t get griefed by other players.

I’m sorry, I don’t log onto the forums much, but stuff like this that forces players into frustrating situations is probably one of the more foolish things I’ve seen in a Gw2 update in a while.

World vs Kite

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Yup, if you want the achievement, you got to work for it, that includes doing a JP while avoiding griefers.

World vs Kite

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Billion threads on this just let it die pleass

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

World vs Kite

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Honestly I miss when achievements were actually……..you know, achievements and nobody complained.

World vs Kite

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

They have stealth buffs all over that map to help you avoid any griefing that’ll go down, not to mention if your map DOESNT have a keep, well you guys are just awful at WvW… Not to mention i believe they made it so you can’t build siege down there any more so there’s really not all that many things to stop you from getting it….

But oh no, god forbid you gotta work a little for an achievement! That’d be terrible!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

World vs Kite

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

They have stealth buffs all over that map to help you avoid any griefing that’ll go down, not to mention if your map DOESNT have a keep, well you guys are just awful at WvW… Not to mention i believe they made it so you can’t build siege down there any more so there’s really not all that many things to stop you from getting it….

But oh no, god forbid you gotta work a little for an achievement! That’d be terrible!

Well there is a difference though, it’s not about working for an achievement … If I am good at jumping puzzles and I am almost done, I have worked for 20min finally figure out how to reach the top and once there I am killed by a group of griefers.
If you like to make a domino chainfall (Or whats it called) and you are almost compleate after 20min of putting all bricks up just as you want it, and suddenly a bully comes and kicks away every piece you had put up… Would you go ‘Oooh yea! Do that again, now I get some extra challange!’ … Doubt that.

If I hate playing PvP, why should I have to involve myself to achieve PvE content?

Now I like WvW and I like JP and I like PvE, what I don’t like is WvW JP… it’s like mixing Cocacola with Beer, both is good but it does not mix.
My sulotion to this is not to do it, but I won’t be silent about it since I do hate the idéa of the JP’s in WvW from start, I did them all once and I swore I will never do them again!

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

World vs Kite

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

World vs Kite

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well there is a difference though, it’s not about working for an achievement … If I am good at jumping puzzles and I am almost done, I have worked for 20min finally figure out how to reach the top and once there I am killed by a group of griefers.
If you like to make a domino chainfall (Or whats it called) and you are almost compleate after 20min of putting all bricks up just as you want it, and suddenly a bully comes and kicks away every piece you had put up… Would you go ‘Oooh yea! Do that again, now I get some extra challange!’ … Doubt that.

If I hate playing PvP, why should I have to involve myself to achieve PvE content?

Now I like WvW and I like JP and I like PvE, what I don’t like is WvW JP… it’s like mixing Cocacola with Beer, both is good but it does not mix.
My sulotion to this is not to do it, but I won’t be silent about it since I do hate the idéa of the JP’s in WvW from start, I did them all once and I swore I will never do them again!

I would kick the kitten out of the bully, and make him not want to do that again and then be more cautious as i set it up again…

You can always do what my friend does (granted he plays an engi) and just gear up where just about every skill he has is a pull or KB and he just throws any griefers out of the way.

Or, you can form a group of people and go together, using your example, get a large group of the wimpy kids together and beat off any bullies that try to harass you, or get a bigger kid to help you out IE get a PvPer with a lv 80 and gear to help you out.

It’s not that hard to get done man, there’s plenty of ways.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

World vs Kite

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Thanks for pointing the main thread out, but your calling it ‘QQ’ is just insulting. Don’t be a kitten, please.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

World vs Kite

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are stealth buffs but …
1) you can fit an very large army between the entrance and the first fountain (also a natural camping spot for any would be griefer …)
2) assumes the person is familiar enough to know where all the fountains are located

World vs Kite

Celestina.2894

Thanks for pointing the main thread out, but your calling it ‘QQ’ is just insulting. Don’t be a kitten, please.

Unfortunately, in this case, it kind of is true. An achievement isn’t really an achievement unless it takes some actual effort to accomplish, something modern games are extremely guilty of.

World vs Kite

SynfulChaot.3169

Unfortunately, in this case, it kind of is true. An achievement isn’t really an achievement unless it takes some actual effort to accomplish, something modern games are extremely guilty of.

Effort I can understand. But you’re asking people in PvE gearing/traiting to possibly get entirely new gearing and traiting just to get a single kite. Oh, and fight people with much more experience than they do in that setting. That’s a little ridiculous.

And calling valid complaints ‘QQ’ is just plain insulting. No ifs, ands, or buts there. This, again, comes down to politeness. We won’t demean your gaming preferences and you should not demean ours.

World vs Kite

Celestina.2894

Effort I can understand. But you’re asking people in PvE gearing/traiting to possibly get entirely new gearing and traiting just to get a single kite. Oh, and fight people with much more experience than they do in that setting. That’s a little ridiculous.

And calling valid complaints ‘QQ’ is just plain insulting. No ifs, ands, or buts there. This, again, comes down to politeness. We won’t demean your gaming preferences and you should not demean ours.

Most PVE gear (unless you’re in full zerker, which tbh even then can still work) works perfectly fine in WvW, as do most trait set ups. So no, you are not being asked to completely change your character. As for your opponent, again an achievement is not really an achievement without difficulty. Want a much easier achievement? You have plenty of options

As for your complaint……no, I’m sorry but it is not valid. Once again I go back to achievements not really being achievements without difficulty attached to them, not only that but it is ONE worth a measly 5 points and is not required for either of the two meta achievements. So yes, I will agree with it being “QQ”. Quite simply, the truth is not always polite.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

World vs Kite

SynfulChaot.3169

Most PVE gear (unless you’re in full zerker, which tbh even then can still work) works perfectly fine in WvW, as do most trait set ups. So no, you are not being asked to completely change your character. As for your opponent, again an achievement is not really an achievement without difficulty. Want a much easier achievement? You have plenty of options

As for your complaint……no, I’m sorry but it is not valid. Once again I go back to achievements not really being achievements without difficulty attached to them, not only that but it is ONE worth a measly 5 points and is not required for either of the two meta achievements. So yes, I will agree with it being “QQ”. Quite simply, the truth is not always polite.

If you think that gear/traiting should be the same for PvE and PvP/WvW, then I’ve the feeling you’ve not done both extensively. I know that my main builds for PvE are poor for WvW, and I don’t even bring my main there anymore as she’s just a free kill. I actually needed to make a WvW oriented build to be able to play there and actually have fun.

And you’re wrong, Celestina. It is required for the kite meta-achiev. Yes, it’s not worth much. But completionists don’t care about the point value. They care about completing a category. Yes, it is a challenge. But for some it is near insurmountable due to their build, and more importantly due to certain types of players camping and preventing all others from completing the content.

And again, not all complaining is pure ‘QQ’. If you feel that way, then I feel sorry for you for not realizing that you can give objective and constructive criticism.

Note: I have completed the JP. Multiple times. I’m not complaining because I can’t do it. I’m noting that it’s placement was ill-advised.

World vs Kite

Celestina.2894

Oh I never said all complaining is QQ, just that in this case it is.

Examples of QQ:

This thread
Complaining that zenith skins are not “unique”

Examples of valid complaints:

Ascended Gear being soul bound on equip
Current dungeon balance
Zerker gear’s current dominance in PVE

As for the meta, sorry that one I did forgot. I tend not to pay attention to meta achievements that don’t give a skin and such. That being said, even you agree that is is still a insignificant amount. As for someone who who is doing it just for completion’s sake, well then they should be prepared for any challenges that requires. Should we make every achievements easier just for someone who wants to complete them for the sake of completing?

Now as for your build, I am curious as to what you are using in PVE that does not work in WvW. I myself using a AH/EM build in both PVE and WvW, it’s certainly not the best build for WvW but I have had absolutely zero trouble using it there.

World vs Kite

SynfulChaot.3169

Examples of QQ:

This thread

Current dungeon balance

So you consider that all complaints about this achievement are invalid and that we are wrong for thinking that it is. How … kind of you …

Please do not force your opinion on us. We have opinions and we are free to voice them without being accused of simply crying.

World vs Kite

Celestina.2894

Examples of QQ:

This thread

Current dungeon balance

So you consider that all complaints about this achievement are invalid and that we are wrong for thinking that it is. How … kind of you …

Please do not force your opinion on us. We have opinions and we are free to voice them without being accused of simply crying.

I’ve yet to hear a single EB puzzle achievement complaint that does not amount to the same thing.

And you’re right, you do have a right to voice your opinion. You are however subject to critique of that opinion, something you appear to be having difficulty with.

World vs Kite

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

A little off topic but, does everyone need this to get the meta reward? Like, does the meta count individual kites (the big ones) or do you need the Learn to Kite in its entirety to count?

World vs Kite

Celestina.2894

A little off topic but, does everyone need this to get the meta reward? Like, does the meta count individual kites or do you need the Learn to Kite in its entirety to count?

For the learn to kite achievement, yes I believe you need all of them. Although all it gives you is 15 achievement points and nothing else. However, each kite itself gives an individual achievement.

World vs Kite

Joseph Skyrim.2470

So the Bazaar Ambassador counts each big kite individually? Woohoo, I’ll be skipping the one in Obsidian Sanctum then! I die there often enough on my own, without other players trying to kill me!

World vs Kite

Celestina.2894

So the Bazaar Ambassador counts each big kite individually? Woohoo, I’ll be skipping the one in Obsidian Sanctum then! I die there often enough on my own, without other players trying to kill me!

Yeah, each kite is counted individually for the main meta achievement. Only Learn to Kite requires them all.

World vs Kite

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Thanks Celestina! Hey that means I don’t need to worry about getting 1st place in the race either! phew

World vs Kite

SynfulChaot.3169

I’ve yet to hear a single EB puzzle achievement complaint that does not amount to the same thing.

And you’re right, you do have a right to voice your opinion. You are however subject to critique of that opinion, something you appear to be having difficulty with.

Then you’ve not read all the posts. Or you miss the point of many of the posts. Either/or.

I understand that you are critiquing my opinion, just as I am critiquing yours. I have no problem with that fact. You can tell that by the fact that I have remain civilly discussing.

World vs Kite

Celestina.2894

Thanks Celestina! Hey that means I don’t need to worry about getting 1st place in the race either! phew

Not a problem, if you have any other questions feel free to contact me ingame if you’d like. Think you can use the forum name? Not entirely sure actually.

Then you’ve not read all the posts. Or you miss the point of many of the posts. Either/or.

I understand that you are critiquing my opinion, just as I am critiquing yours. I have no problem with that fact. You can tell that by the fact that I have remain civilly discussing.

Read the majority of them, including your’s in a larger topic where you completely misread a Dev’s response on the topic, then acted like it was evidence you were correct. Not to mention calling various people who disagreed with you trolls.

And with that I’m out, need to walk the dogs.

World vs Kite

SynfulChaot.3169

Not a problem, if you have any other questions feel free to contact me ingame if you’d like. Think you can use the forum name? Not entirely sure actually.

You can. Forum names are account names and can be used in-game as well.

Read the majority of them, including your’s in a larger topic where you completely misread a Dev’s response on the topic, then acted like it was evidence you were correct. Not to mention calling various people who disagreed with you trolls.

I did acknowledge my overstatement if you bothered to read. But that does not invalidate every other point I have made. You just refuse to acknowledge any of those points as valid, as you are free to do. Just as I am free to refuse to see yours as valid. It’s a game we can both play, you know.

And I call trolls as I see them. And most of the time those call-outs get upvoted by people. Hmm. I must be doing it wrong, then.