Zephyr Sanctum Model

Zephyr Sanctum Model

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: meltar.4581

meltar.4581

Why is the video for the model on low res settings?

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I guess it’s to allow even computers with low specs to play it.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: jamesrobert.5087

jamesrobert.5087

This was a huge disappointment for me. I really like the zone, it’s beautifully designed. I was happy at the prospect of having a keepsake to remember it by after it gets removed.

The resolution is terrible! Makes me want to never watch it again. Why wouldn’t they make it to play at the same resolution you’re running the game at?

If this is a bug, please fix it. If this is by design… what a shame.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yah, it definitely looks quite terrible playing the low-res video.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Catharsis.8571

Catharsis.8571

I’d imagine thakittens a video file. Replaying the cutscene in 3d won’t be practical… as it would require having the map saved in game files for the sole purpose of interacting with the object… which is inefficient use of hard disc space.
The crappy resolution could be an effort to reduce the video’s size on your hard drive… but yes it does look pretty bad.

Mauveine – 80 Mesmer, Bashastick – 80 Warrior
Basha Blue – 80 Guard, Cat Harsis – 80 Ranger
And many more… on Crystal Desert Server (NA)

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I just wish I could place the model in my home instance….that way it’s perma there and not taking up a spot in my bank. >.<

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

My question to ArenaNet is “There any reason to keep this in my box besides memories?” Or should I throw it away? I’m just confused to what the point of the reward is.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

My Zephyr Sanctum Model doesn’t work. I double click it and nothing happens.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Electro.4173

It only works in cities, and unlike Marjory’s Journal it doesn’t immedietly start a cutscene. It spawns an interactable model of the Sanctum at your location, then you interact with that to view the scene.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

It only works in cities, and unlike Marjory’s Journal it doesn’t immedietly start a cutscene. It spawns an interactable model of the Sanctum at your location, then you interact with that to view the scene.

So, in other words, I have completely wasted my time farming this and may as well delete it as it is nothing more than useless bag filler. Thanks for the info.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I really don’t mean to be ungrateful (as I have lots of respect for Anet and their artwork), but this has to be the lamest game reward I have ever gotten. Even if the video WAS HD, just make it a freakin’ VISTA on the ship somewhere and give us something that is useful and does not just waste a bank storage slot….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

When you first reach the sanctum top and the cutscene plays of the full ship – its gorgeous, THAT’S the clip i want, that exact sequence. I was trying to show it off to my mates but its a one off per char.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Electro.4173

I really don’t mean to be ungrateful (as I have lots of respect for Anet and their artwork), but this has to be the lamest game reward I have ever gotten. Even if the video WAS HD, just make it a freakin’ VISTA on the ship somewhere and give us something that is useful and does not just waste a bank storage slot….

The ship / zone won’t exist after the event ends, so making it a vista wouldn’t really help. I imagine that was the point, letting players view the scene after its over.

Its admittedly not a reward everyone will care about, just like Marjory’s Journal. Some will like to see the seen again, others don’t care and see it as a waste of space.

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

I’d imagine thakittens a video file. Replaying the cutscene in 3d won’t be practical… as it would require having the map saved in game files for the sole purpose of interacting with the object… which is inefficient use of hard disc space.
The crappy resolution could be an effort to reduce the video’s size on your hard drive… but yes it does look pretty bad.

I believe this is correct. (Although to be fair, the map is already on our hard drives; I doubt they delete those files when the content is gone. I think it’s a matter of keeping it on their servers.)

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If they want to impress me, let me turn it in for something useful. I foresee it getting destroyed in the not to distant future, otherwise.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Zephyr Sanctum Model

Posted by: GunshyGamer.2076

GunshyGamer.2076

As another opinion to counter this sea of negativity I for one would like to thank Anet for the model as it will give me a chance to see the ship and to show it to new players or players taking a break who may not have experienced the content while it was here. Yes I would have liked to see it in a bit higher resolution but I am not so picky to let that damage the quality of said reward. I understand space can be expensive and HD video can take a good deal of space.

Either way Anet just know that there are players who appreciate the reward. I found it worth my time and would have felt as though I missed out if I had not gotten it before the event ends. It is in my collection with my other unique living story items (Aside from the Ascended Karka Shell as that is on my Norn. ) and that I would LOVE to see more things like this in the future that allow me and others to view the living story content after it has gone. I love nostalgia so I love rewards like this.

Now all I need is one of the Molten Facility Dungeon from F&F as that has been my favorite content in game thus far.