bad kite fortune drop rate?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Well I’m at about 110 scraps, but at this rate I will not get a backpiece before kite fortunes stop dropping. Why? Mainly because I didn’t even start collecting them until support tokens started dropping, and I get those all the time but not kite fortunes. It’s really annoying. The only option would be to farm the game all day today (not fun as I seem to be getting about 1 fortune every 10-15 minutes) which there’s no way I can do since I work anyway.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I faced the same problem yesterday about at about 112 scraps. To bump it up I bought about a gold’s worth of Heavy Loot Bags on the TP and managed to nudge up to 150 that way. The only reason I even had that many to begin with was thanks to a one-off 50 fortune scraps I got :P

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

This was a stupid lucky week for me, opened less 50 fortunes and between that and the normal scraps I was able to get both back pieces – not to mention the 2x Wind Catchers I got in Sanctum Sprint.

RNG is RNG, but sometime it doesn’t feel like it.

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

It’s not terribly efficient but you can do the tent event at Guardpoint Decimus waypoint in Plains of Ashford. If you see it come up start pinging it in map chat and get as many people as possible. Use an AoE weapon like staff Guardian and you will rack up tons and tons of kills. You can usually get 4-5 fortunes in 8 minutes or less doing this. Not terribly fast as I said but it’s one of the better options I think.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.