bazaar kites and the JPs

bazaar kites and the JPs

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Why the kitten are the kites at the end of the jumping puzzles ???

I have always avoided those moronic kittenty things and now a bunch of achievements from bazaar are tied to these kites which can only be found at the end of the kitten kitten jumping puzzle !!!!

What now, you wanna force everyone to do your stupid jumping puzzles !!!!
They are supposed to be OPTIONAL for those that still want to relive their mario bros days ! I DO NOT WANT TO RELIVE MARIO

For kitten sake get these out of the stinking jumping puzzles please !!!!

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

If you have no dedication, if you aren’t willing to go through it, if you can’t handle it, you are not worthy of the achievement.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Latinkuro.9420

If you have no dedication, if you aren’t willing to go through it, if you can’t handle it, you are not worthy of the achievement.

you miss the point SIR !

JP’s are an optional thing !!!
they should not tie in something like a new resource node to that kitten kind of content !
not everybody wants to play mario wars 2 !

and to make things worse !

you cannot get 16/16 without them stinking JP’s !!!!!

that is the point lol

There;s already a title for them stinking puzzles !
keep it at that !

so the rest of us can still enjoy proper content !

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Find a Mesmer for hire, pay for portal and get your achievement…or learn to jump.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Bloody Knight Jack.2546

He is right on one point. Anet said in the past that JP were optional for players. Now they are including them in most of the living story so right the best thing to do is is what night said. However I will say this right now don’t trust anet to keep anything they say.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Yunipuma.6753

Yunipuma.6753

“If you have no dedication, if you aren’t willing to go through it, if you can’t handle it, you are not worthy of the achievement.”
So, if I’m a 43-years old clumsy man, who really cannot do 70% of these jumping puzzles, I’m not worthy of the achievement? Ok, no problem with that. But what about reward – Quartz node? It is not some cosmetic stuff like Dragon Wings or weapon Skins or something like that.
Yeah, I really HATE elitist so-called “hardcore” players like you, sir.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Ficik.6932

Ficik.6932

You don’t have to be hardcore player to be good in JP

bazaar kites and the JPs

Latinkuro.9420

and your assumption that I can’t jump is also erroneous lols !
I simply hate JP’s with a passion I spent to much of my youth playing mario, more like an addiction really.

And I do not want to relive that !
you call me an elitist ? are you serious ?
elitiest would be the ones that say it is ok the way they implemented this BS !

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Aeris.4209

Aeris.4209

Wanna know what else is optional?

Achievments.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Wanna know what else is optional?

Achievments.

That is true also but they did not go against their own words. The point is they can’t be trusted with keeping anything they say end of story.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Yunipuma.6753

To Latinkuro.9420
Sir, can you read English?
I answered to a specific assumption, which I put in quates.
So, it is not about your post, it’s about Farzo.8410’s post.

To Aeris.4209
“Wanna know what else is optional?
Achievments. "
Disable game-wise important physical rewards for achivements – and I’m with you all the way.
But Quartz is not some skin or title.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: DaddyBoJangles.6012

DaddyBoJangles.6012

jeez man every update threads like this sprout up. Im beginning to think GW2 has the most entitled fanbase on the web. Im beginning to think people want metas that consist of talking to 12 people all standing right next to each other. This is all optional you dont have to do it by god they make you actually achieve something for the metas.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

He is right on one point. Anet said in the past that JP were optional for players. Now they are including them in most of the living story so right the best thing to do is is what night said. However I will say this right now don’t trust anet to keep anything they say.

Because the kites and the caches are really important to the living story ? I mean you really aren’t missing anything from not doing them. Except achievement points, which is approximately 500 points for all JP and achievements related to it.

And honestly, except a handful of JP, most of them don’t require a lot of coordination.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Yunipuma.6753

To RedStar.4218
“And honestly, except a handful of JP, most of them don’t require a lot of coordination.”
When people come to the shop where I work & bring their broken PCs, I can answer them 70% of time: “Honestly, you do not need my services, you can do it yourselves, if you just search for right info on the Net, have patience and willing to waste bunch of your time”.
But I never say it because, being 40+ year old, I know that the time is the greatest currency in the world.
And yes, I do not buy a GAME to waste a bunch of my lifetime to do some exercises in masochism.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Do you have to do the kites to be able to get the meta event done? Or are there other ways around as in all the others? That’s to bad they, since I won’t be doing the Obsidan one since when I did that JP nine mounths ago I swore to never return to it ever again.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Do you have to do the kites to be able to get the meta event done? Or are there other ways around as in all the others? That’s to bad they, since I won’t be doing the Obsidan one since when I did that JP nine mounths ago I swore to never return to it ever again.

Yes, this time around, you need all 16 achievements to get the Quartz node in your Home Instance.

Meaning you have to do the kites.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Yes, this time around, you need all 16 achievements to get the Quartz node in your Home Instance.

Meaning you have to do the kites.

Wow, now that’s a bad kick in the pants
Sometimes these devs realy knows how to make you sad.
Nothing to do about it, other than complain about it!
Well in the end we won’t se how much of a big deal this quartz node is until the end of this Living Story.

Time for me to hit the sac before I hit the keyboard, g’night good people.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: mightyflub.8679

mightyflub.8679

I’ve done the lab in Caledon Forest and if my sums are correct that’s the only one I’ll have to do for the meta thank god I’m not very good at jumping puzzles

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

It’s just bad development when they just keep putting in jumping puzzles for content. Nothing original when it’s been done for the 100th time.
And not everyone likes to platform.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Because the kites and the caches are really important to the living story ? I mean you really aren’t missing anything from not doing them. Except achievement points, which is approximately 500 points for all JP and achievements related to it.

And honestly, except a handful of JP, most of them don’t require a lot of coordination.

Your still missing the big point here but I can’t help you figure it out if your not willing. So enjoy the game until they mess up something you like which they will.

bazaar kites and the JPs

RedStar.4218

To RedStar.4218
“And honestly, except a handful of JP, most of them don’t require a lot of coordination.”
When people come to the shop where I work & bring their broken PCs, I can answer them 70% of time: “Honestly, you do not need my services, you can do it yourselves, if you just search for right info on the Net, have patience and willing to waste bunch of your time”.
But I never say it because, being 40+ year old, I know that the time is the greatest currency in the world.
And yes, I do not buy a GAME to waste a bunch of my lifetime to do some exercises in masochism.

You didn’t understand : most jumping puzzles aren’t puzzles at all. One of them don’t require any kind of jump and dozen of others have jumps that won’t kill you.

If Anet placed something at the end of the Branded Cavern, then maybe complaining about it would be okay.

And on 7 kites, 3 of them aren’t even in a JP and 1 of them is an incredibly easy JP. That leaves Spekk, which can be hard, and Iron Pig which isn’t as bad at it seems. Obsidian Sanctum entirely depends on what server you are on.

Your still missing the big point here but I can’t help you figure it out if your not willing. So enjoy the game until they mess up something you like which they will.

What exactly did they mess up ? Your achievement points ?
Are you missing out on a mission or an event ? Unable to obtain a skin you desire ? Changed they way you play ?

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Why the kitten are the kites at the end of the jumping puzzles ???

I have always avoided those moronic kittenty things and now a bunch of achievements from bazaar are tied to these kites which can only be found at the end of the kitten kitten jumping puzzle !!!!

What now, you wanna force everyone to do your stupid jumping puzzles !!!!
They are supposed to be OPTIONAL for those that still want to relive their mario bros days ! I DO NOT WANT TO RELIVE MARIO

For kitten sake get these out of the stinking jumping puzzles please !!!!

Well the achievement are optional as well.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Bloody Knight Jack.2546

To RedStar.4218

You didn’t understand : most jumping puzzles aren’t puzzles at all. One of them don’t require any kind of jump and dozen of others have jumps that won’t kill you.

If Anet placed something at the end of the Branded Cavern, then maybe complaining about it would be okay.

And on 7 kites, 3 of them aren’t even in a JP and 1 of them is an incredibly easy JP. That leaves Spekk, which can be hard, and Iron Pig which isn’t as bad at it seems. Obsidian Sanctum entirely depends on what server you are on.

What exactly did they mess up ? Your achievement points ?
Are you missing out on a mission or an event ? Unable to obtain a skin you desire ? Changed they way you play ?

Nope the point your missing is they clearly put that JP would be optional however if most of the living story is going to add them then that means the whole thing is nothing more then optional. So I salute anet for wasting time and money of paying players.

bazaar kites and the JPs

RedStar.4218

Nope the point your missing is they clearly put that JP would be optional however if most of the living story is going to add them then that means the whole thing is nothing more then optional. So I salute anet for wasting time and money of paying players.

I think we don’t have the same definition of “optional”. You can get the 16 achievements required for the chest without doing the kites in the JP or finding the 40 crystals.
So those 3 kites tied to JP ? Fully optional. Except for achievement points.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

I want to use this threat to share my thoughts on sanctum jp after trying it.
People in there – you are kittening kittens. All the scum of mmos is gathered, concentrated there and if only I could I would nuke this kitten from space.

Summon Commando aerial support.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Jumping Puzzles are part of the game. Obsidian Sanctum is part of the game. There will ALWAYS be new achievements tied to those now and them and so people will always complain.

bazaar kites and the JPs

SpyderArachnid.5619

I think we don’t have the same definition of “optional”. You can get the 16 achievements required for the chest without doing the kites in the JP or finding the 40 crystals.
So those 3 kites tied to JP ? Fully optional. Except for achievement points.

There is 18 achievements total. 5 of those achievements do not require you to traverse a jumping puzzle. Meaning you still have to do 11 achievements that require you to traverse a jumping puzzle in order to get the meta done.

1. Strangers From the Sky
2. Voyage to the Bazaar
3. Diverse Trader
4. Ascend to Zephyr Sanctum (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPCs)
5. Kookoochoo the Incredulous (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)
6. Lessons from the Sky (requires jumping puzzle)
7. Best Dive Ever (requires jumping puzzle)
8. Grandmaster of Om (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)
9. Like Clockwork (Unsure on this one, as I haven’t seen Air on lower levels)
10. Parachute Pliferer
11. Learn to Kite (requires jumping puzzle)
12. Sanctum Sprint (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)
13. Crystal Obsessed (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)
14. Crowd Favorite (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)
15. Pickup Completionist (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)
16. Speedy Sprinter (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)
17. Sanctum Sprinter (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)
18. Frequent Sprinter (requires jumping puzzle to get to the NPC)

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

bazaar kites and the JPs

stof.9341

Grandmaster of Om requires jumping puzzle? That’s getting far fetched XD

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

are you people seriously getting upset that certain items achievements are done through a jumping puzzle? – as bad as i am towards jumping puzzles, i go through them. sure they can be a bit frustrating though it’s not bad at all.

this is just a silly thread and a silly thing to be upset about.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

bazaar kites and the JPs

SpyderArachnid.5619

Grandmaster of Om requires jumping puzzle? That’s getting far fetched XD

As I said, it requires a jumping puzzle just to get to the NPC to talk to him. Unless I’m mistaken and he is on the lower levels before you have to start jumping.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Ryan.5893

Ryan.5893

Want to know what else is optional? Playing the game in the first place. You choose to play Guild Wars 2 just like the rest of us. Don’t like it? Don’t play it. That’s the thing about gaming, there’s one for everyone. I happen to like jumping puzzles, and I bet there are many like myself. It’s as simple that.

bazaar kites and the JPs

SpyderArachnid.5619

Want to know what else is optional? Playing the game in the first place. You choose to play Guild Wars 2 just like the rest of us. Don’t like it? Don’t play it. That’s the thing about gaming, there’s one for everyone. I happen to like jumping puzzles, and I bet there are many like myself. It’s as simple that.

So we should all just quit because we don’t like a feature? That’s a little extreme don’t you think? I bet Anet would love for that to happen.

“Hey if you don’t like something in our game, just quit! It’s not like we need anyone playing the game at all!”

Great suggestion….

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: Ryan.5893

Ryan.5893

Not at all. I’m saying that the content you want to play is chosen, therefore “optional.” As it is, this was free. This was not promised or even remotely hinted at when all of us purchased the sixty dollar game in the past month(s). This is -new- content, that was designed -by- a company. They chose where what direction their game is going in. My point is, if you don’t like the new content, then simply don’t play it. “Hey if you don’t like something in our game, just quit! It’s not like we need anyone playing the game at all!”
That is taking my opinions and comment to an extreme, which is a little bit unfair, no? I never once mentioned to -stop- playing the game. If anything, rather than do what the OP did, and create a rage post…. Perhaps you could try to politely bring this to Anet’s eyes? I simply don’t know why these people are complaining anyways, this new content is in no way hindering your experience of playing the game, and you did not pay for it in the first place. It was an addition to the main game.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Achievement is as achievement does.

I got an achievement today for waking up…. And an achievement for getting a snack… Gee it almost makes them NOT feel like achievements when their so easy to get.

Also I have nerve damage and partial numbness in my left hand and I already got my quartz node AND my miniature model.

So don’t give me any lip.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

bazaar kites and the JPs

stof.9341

As I said, it requires a jumping puzzle just to get to the NPC to talk to him. Unless I’m mistaken and he is on the lower levels before you have to start jumping.

Just no. You cannot call that a jumping puzzle :/

All you have to do is walk forward and use the skills you are given in the very obvious places. So walk forward and press 1, 2 or 3 at times.

bazaar kites and the JPs

RedStar.4218

There is 18 achievements total. 5 of those achievements do not require you to traverse a jumping puzzle. Meaning you still have to do 11 achievements that require you to traverse a jumping puzzle in order to get the meta done.

The mini game achievements do not count ?

And honestly you cannot count using the wind to travel through the course a JP…It’s not because you are in the air that it’s a JP. I’d argue that even the goggles aren’t a JP because you don’t even have to be a good jumper or have any kind of reflexes in order to get to them.

bazaar kites and the JPs

SpyderArachnid.5619

Just no. You cannot call that a jumping puzzle :/

All you have to do is walk forward and use the skills you are given in the very obvious places. So walk forward and press 1, 2 or 3 at times.

Just pressing a button is not going to get you across the platforms. You still have to use your movement skills to aim and land on the platforms.

For someone that doesn’t have good coordination, they can’t do that. The wind thing just shoots you in the air. It doesn’t automatically place you on the platform.

So yes, it is a jumping puzzle to traverse the platforms. And if you don’t have the coordination to do it, you’ll never make it up them.

The mini game achievements do not count ?

What other achievements am I missing? I’m sure that is all of them.

bazaar kites and the JPs

RedStar.4218

Actually if you can’t even do that, you can use the lightning skill to get across. All you need to do is to place your cursor and yourself correctly.

bazaar kites and the JPs

stof.9341

No you don’t. You get to use first the Sun movement to dash through waterfalls. It’s trivial. Then you use the super jump movement to jump high stairs. Just use the movement skill while running forward. Then you get the lightning jump and the skill snaps on the platforms since there is a lightning pillar on those you can grab onto. Just look at the skill icon, it changes when you walk on the lightning painting on the ground and look at the pillar.

And even so, even if that one didn’t work, it’s just a matter of getting close and using the point and click lightning move to jump to the next platform! Point and Click. Press 3 then click on the next platform when you see a green ground target reticle appear on the next platform! So hard!

About the super jump part. Even someone with disabilities allowing him only to press one button at a time can make it. You just have to activate autorun forward and press the 1 button to jump the stairs.

(edited by stof.9341)

bazaar kites and the JPs

SpyderArachnid.5619

Actually if you can’t even do that, you can use the lightning skill to get across. All you need to do is to place your cursor and yourself correctly.

You don’t get the lightning skill until after you have traversed the platforms with the wind skill. There is no lightning on the lower levels. So you can’t use it to get past the wind platforms.

bazaar kites and the JPs

stof.9341

You don’t get the lightning skill until after you have traversed the platforms with the wind skill. There is no lightning on the lower levels. So you can’t use it to get past the wind platforms.

There is plenty of lightning on the lower levels. There’s one near the sea level just on the ground and another a few meters before the super jump part hidden in plain sight under a small set of stairs.

There’s also 2 other sets that I remember, one also trivial to get and the other a little more tricky but who cares?

bazaar kites and the JPs

SpyderArachnid.5619

There is plenty of lightning on the lower levels. There’s one near the sea level just on the ground and another a few meters before the super jump part hidden in plain sight under a small set of stairs.

There’s also 2 other sets that I remember, one also trivial to get and the other a little more tricky but who cares?

Ah my mistake then. I didn’t see those down below. Apologies. I’ll have to try them out to see if they help.

EDIT: Just tried out the Lightning to get on the platforms and sure enough, it works great. So for those having trouble traversing the platforms, use the Lightning.

Thanks for that suggestion.

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: DistantStatic.6098

DistantStatic.6098

you miss the point SIR !

JP’s are an optional thing !!!
they should not tie in something like a new resource node to that kitten kind of content !
not everybody wants to play mario wars 2 !

and to make things worse !

you cannot get 16/16 without them stinking JP’s !!!!!

that is the point lol

There;s already a title for them stinking puzzles !
keep it at that !

so the rest of us can still enjoy proper content !

You realize, achievements are optional… What you are asking for, is to receive rewards for not playing the game. You don’t need an achievement to enjoy the game. If getting an achievement is that big of a deal for you anyways, then put in the work. There’s a reason why it’s an achievement. Your life is not going to end if you do not get this achievement. Stop acting like it.

lvl80 Guardian lvl80 Ranger lvl80 Elementalist lvl80 Thief …. Why do I list these anymore?
Toyota Car Dealers [TCD]

bazaar kites and the JPs

RedStar.4218

It seems you didn’t take into account the kites, and 3 of them do not require jumping.

bazaar kites and the JPs

stof.9341

And you can always do the jumping puzzles with a mesmer portal anyway.

bazaar kites and the JPs

SpyderArachnid.5619

It seems you didn’t take into account the kites, and 3 of them do not require jumping.

Ah yes, forgot they were all single achievements with one big achievement in the end for all of them. Thanks for correcting that. That is still not enough achievements though to be able to get the meta without having to deal with jumping puzzles.

bazaar kites and the JPs

RedStar.4218

I got to 13 achievements you can do without any kind of real jumping that you can take really slowly. Maybe 2 more but I got lost and I’m playing the game xD

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: agnofinitra.6791

agnofinitra.6791

Love to do the JP’s again, except the ones in WvW. Especially when you have a ridiculous match-up with servers who outman you all the time once again.

Member of Pain Intended [PI] on Ring of Fire

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i have 8 ectos ready to pay someone for portals and assistance with JPs

id go through the sky crystals, but it seems that by the time i figure it out, the skills disappear, so i have to keep going back for them again and again and again….

looking to get Obsidian Sanctum, Forsaken Halls, and Cliffside Fractal (2 ectos Each), Dive Achievement, and the rest of the sky crystals.

bazaar kites and the JPs

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

It’s gotten to the point that JP’s are a major part of the game, and that’s that. To be fair, this is an action MMO, not your run-of-the-mill, stand there and click through rotations MMO. This is to be expected. If you don’t like moving, dodging, platforming, then action MMO’s are just not going to be your genre of choice. It’s an integral part of the game design, and I very heavily doubt that it’s going anywhere.

As for the Quartz, has anyone seen if you can join a friend in a home instance and mine their Quartz if you don’t have one in your own?

Hoopa doopa.