1,077 Gold/Legendary

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alex.4628

Alex.4628

The market prices as of right now it would cost 1077 gold to get a legendary. that is loadstones, runestones ectos, precursor and vials of blood… ( don’t believe me do all the mat math)and you make about 1.50 gold a dungion if that. That’s ridiculous. I know they are supposta be hard to get but God kitten that is ridiculous. add in the badges of honor, map exploration and 1,025,000 karma. Legendaries are not worth the grind for one skin that is soulbound to one char. this needs to be fixed!!!!!!
p.s. if you buy from anet you’ll spend $1000 for half of the gold needed for that.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

Legendaries are not worth the grind for one skin that is soulbound to one char.

Then don’t grind.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

How “Legendary” would it be if you could spend a long weekend grinding it out? I played GW1 for YEARS – personally I think it’s kinda cool that I might be working towards something for that long. I assume that special events will help us towards one to keep us coming back , but so long as those events are fun and imaginative I’m OK with looking towards the long road…

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alex.4628

Alex.4628

not a “long weekend” it has taken me since launch to get what i have now and that’s fine. However watch anets manifesto. They said they wanted to make a fun game where people don’t feel like they are grinding (I swung a sword, I swung a sword again) endlessly. I feel like enough of a nobody in real life with everyone around richer. would have been nice to feel like a hero in a game. anyone with loads of real money can just buy the “awesome looking sword” while the rest of us are once again nothing.
how cool you think that legendary is gonna be a year from now when all the rich people are laughing at you because they’ve had all of them for over a year.
a game shouldn’t be about how much money you have in real life. but whatever looks like I’m the minority.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Epilog.2168

Epilog.2168

Yeah…..it’s irresponsible to ask gamers to give the amount of time it takes for a legendary. These weapons are unreachable for a person like myself with college. I would have to agree that the only people with a legendary as of today are either rich irl and purchased in game money or are unemployed with 8+ hours a day to waste.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

I’m not even thinking of going for a legendary. And I play 2-4 hours a day. Starting to play only an hour a day for dungeon runs. I can’t grind for a legendary, and I don’t want to grind for ascension either, which is a result of the no lifers who whined because they finished the game in 1 day and got legendaries in 2.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Yeah…..it’s irresponsible to ask gamers to give the amount of time it takes for a legendary. These weapons are unreachable for a person like myself with college. I would have to agree that the only people with a legendary as of today are either rich irl and purchased in game money or are unemployed with 8+ hours a day to waste.

You forgot bugexploit!

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

not a “long weekend” it has taken me since launch to get what i have now and that’s fine. However watch anets manifesto. They said they wanted to make a fun game where people don’t feel like they are grinding (I swung a sword, I swung a sword again) endlessly. I feel like enough of a nobody in real life with everyone around richer. would have been nice to feel like a hero in a game. anyone with loads of real money can just buy the “awesome looking sword” while the rest of us are once again nothing.
how cool you think that legendary is gonna be a year from now when all the rich people are laughing at you because they’ve had all of them for over a year.
a game shouldn’t be about how much money you have in real life. but whatever looks like I’m the minority.

To me it looks like you’re not after the skin of the weapon, but rather the status that comes with it.

Because if you just wanted a cool-looking weapon, you probably would have already found another skin that you think looks awesome and is much easier to get.

And a lot of the Legendaries that you see floating around here bought with Precursors that were much cheaper, materials that were much cheaper.

If you ask me, it’s totally kittened up that the supposedly rarest item in the game already exists at all just a few months into the game. If you ask me, the rarest items should be something that only a few people ever go for. Right now it seems like we have tons of people going for Legendaries. Heck, I would be totally cool if ANet decided to delete every single existing Legendary and Precursor one day, just to make them rare again.

Yeah…..it’s irresponsible to ask gamers to give the amount of time it takes for a legendary.

Hint: It’s called “legendary” because it’s not something everyone is supposed to have.

It’s not. The players with legendaries are not any more powerful than those without. That’s the point. And since we’re talking vanity item here, yes, it should be a show of how much you have spent on the game. After all, it’s not like anyone other than you yourself cares one bit about how much time and effort you’ve put towards the game.

(edited by Olba.5376)

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Flyfunner.2093

Um @ above poster. Once they add in ascension weapons, legendary weapons are getting a boost in stats as well so they will be more powerful meaning you HAVE to grind those items if you don’t want to be at a disadvantage.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Olba.5376

Um @ above poster. Once they add in ascension weapons, legendary weapons are getting a boost in stats as well so they will be more powerful meaning you HAVE to grind those items if you don’t want to be at a disadvantage.

Nowhere did they state that they plan to make Legendaries better than the Ascended gear. And let’s be honest, doing that wouldn’t make much sense, considering that Legendaries are just top tier weaponry with pretty skins.

The whole point with bumping up the Legendaries when they introduce Ascended gear is so that they don’t lose their value. After all, unlike Exotics, Legendaries take a crapton of time and resources to get.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heisenberg.1290

Heisenberg.1290

The market prices as of right now it would cost 1077 gold to get a legendary. that is loadstones, runestones ectos, precursor and vials of blood… ( don’t believe me do all the mat math)and you make about 1.50 gold a dungion if that. That’s ridiculous. I know they are supposta be hard to get but God kitten that is ridiculous. add in the badges of honor, map exploration and 1,025,000 karma. Legendaries are not worth the grind for one skin that is soulbound to one char. this needs to be fixed!!!!!!
p.s. if you buy from anet you’ll spend $1000 for half of the gold needed for that.

Does your “math” ever calculate leaving Lion’s Arch and playing the game?

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Nowhere did they state that they plan to make Legendaries better than the Ascended gear.

They did state they are going to bump the stats of legendaries once ascended weapons are released. The person you have quoted never said anything about making them better than ascended.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They did state they are going to bump the stats of legendaries once ascended weapons are released. The person you have quoted never said anything about making them better than ascended.

Which mean his point is moot seeing as you can get Ascended weapons that will be just as strong.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Here are some thoughts on my road to a Legendary:

I wish I was rich.
I do spend between $20-$50 / month on the game, to support it. Even if I didn’t spend it all on chest keys and skins, it would’ve (at the time) translated to about 60-75 gold, depending specific times for exchange \o/.
I am employed, full time.
I obtained my precursor (the legend) for cheap, after the Karka event. That is hardly a bug or an exploit, though with all the whining you hear about it, it might as well be one.
I’ve logged about 350 hours on the game to date.

I’ve made most of the money that contributed to this legendary through a combination of the mystic forge and the trading post. I do understand that not everyone likes to do this. Trend analysis and managing of large volumes of data is part of my actual work, so this is not really out of my way.

On the whole, I feel like the legendary weapon is entirely too easy to get. Even when I didn’t have it, I’ve made posts here asking for it to be harder. I would’ve rather had this item been something that took half a year or more to get for those who play pretty regularly (me).

Your response is just ignorant.

I did put in a great deal of time and effort to get this. You make a broad series of statements to deride the act of getting one, pretty much reducing it to a weapon of those with too much spare (unemployed) time, or those that spent what would have to be upwards of $1,000 to raise the necessary gold.

I can tell you that you need neither.

(edited by LFk.1408)

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Good to know. Based on my current gold gains I’ll be able to get one by my birthday.

Anyone know if DR affects karma gains in WvW. I ran with a zerg today and got about 5k. I know thats not enough to hit DR but I didn’t have that long to play.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I obtained my precursor (the legend) for cheap, after the Karka event.

On the whole, I feel like the legendary weapon is entirely too easy to get.

Gee… you are so… well… I can’t find a word that would not break the TOS…

You got LUCKY. Plain and simple. There is no other word for it. L.U.C.K.Y. You did the same as we all did, but because your RND gave the right number, you got your legendary.

And now you come here, saying that it is too easy to get…

Man, man, of all the posts that I dislike in here, this tops them all.

Lucky. That is the word, pure and dumb luck.

It had nothing to do with skill.
It had nothing to do with determination.
It had nothing to do with planning.

It was pure and dumb luck.

Good for you! But do NOT tell people that were not lucky that they are too easy to get. It’s like a lottery winner saying that it’s easy to make money, cause, hey, all you got to do is fill in 6 numbers.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

You got LUCKY. Plain and simple. There is no other word for it. L.U.C.K.Y. You did the same as we all did, but because your RND gave the right number, you got your legendary.

I read his post to mean that he bought the precursor off the TP right after the Karka event when they were relatively cheap, not that he luckboxed it from the event.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Problem with legendary is not that they are hard to get, but that only hard part is have enough gold. Someone who want can buy gold with real money and he will not have problem of getting legendary. When I see someone had legendary I don’t think he worked hard to get it, first thought is that he bought gold or use some early bugs to get legendary.
Second problem is with prices, month ago I checked how much more gold I need for my legendary, at that time I need 480 gold more. Today after whole month of collecting things I need if I check how much more gold I need, then I miss 560 gold more. So after one month, not that I didn’t do any progress, it is worst, need more then one month ago.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Olba.5376

Problem with legendary is not that they are hard to get, but that only hard part is have enough gold. Someone who want can buy gold with real money and he will not have problem of getting legendary. When I see someone had legendary I don’t think he worked hard to get it, first thought is that he bought gold or use some early bugs to get legendary.
Second problem is with prices, month ago I checked how much more gold I need for my legendary, at that time I need 480 gold more. Today after whole month of collecting things I need if I check how much more gold I need, then I miss 560 gold more. So after one month, not that I didn’t do any progress, it is worst, need more then one month ago.

Fact is that there’s just no way to do it properly. After all, we have the ability to indirectly buy Gold with RL money.

And let’s be realistic, any so-called “epic and difficult” quest just won’t be good. Either it’s too difficult and no one gets it done and we get similar complaints, except now it’ll be about the difficulty rather than Gold, or it’s not difficult enough and a lot of people get it, making it very unLegendary.

And really, if you look at all the requirements for a Legendary, you actually gotta play a lot of the game in a really intensive manner. Map completion, lots of WvW, lots of dungeons, lots of crafting, lots of Mystic Forge. Whoever has a Legendary will have done all of those things.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Fact is that there’s just no way to do it properly. After all, we have the ability to indirectly buy Gold with RL money.

And let’s be realistic, any so-called “epic and difficult” quest just won’t be good. Either it’s too difficult and no one gets it done and we get similar complaints, except now it’ll be about the difficulty rather than Gold, or it’s not difficult enough and a lot of people get it, making it very unLegendary.

And really, if you look at all the requirements for a Legendary, you actually gotta play a lot of the game in a really intensive manner. Map completion, lots of WvW, lots of dungeons, lots of crafting, lots of Mystic Forge. Whoever has a Legendary will have done all of those things.

I would rather to be difficult then just about gold. All other things you need except gold I complete after 2 weeks of game release. After hit lvl80 you need maybe few days to get Map completion, you need 7-8 dungeon runs, that can be done in 2-3 days. I play lot’s WvW so badges really wasn’t problem for me, can get 50-100 badges per day without jumping puzzles. For crafting you need just gold. Ok, maybe for ~1m karma you need little more time.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

Learn how to play the TP. Buy everything you need, get the karma & badges, be done with your legendary in a week. Start working on the next one.

So far: [Bolt] finished, about 70% on [The Juggernaut].

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Learn how to play the TP.

THIS is the real problem with legendary weapons – not that they are particularly hard to acquire but that they are STILL largely dependent on skill playing the trading post to make gold. Most people want to play the game itself, NOT a woefully flawed commodities exchange, but out of all my friends who play the only ones with a decent bank roles are those who actively engage in flipping, manipulating the market or successfully anticipating future trends.

One could argue that the “gift of fortune” is now in line with the name – however I always thought that this was “fortune” as in luck rather than “fortune” as in, one needs to be an in game (silver) millionaire!

The above said though – apart from in WvW which requires a MASSIVE improvement in terms of loot – it is possible to obtain all the components bar a few (lodestones/ectos) from normal play so in many ways it really does depend on how quickly you expect to obtain your legendary.

Personally though I would like to see something of an improvement in the drop rates of T6 components and lodestones/ecto’s added as a generic drop.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phrozen.1205

Phrozen.1205

I have the precursor “the lover” thanks to the karka event (no it didn’t drop but it did drop in price enough that I bought one off the trading post) I purchased it for 115g which is way cheaper than I ever imagined I’d pay. Since i started playing gw2 about a month after launch I play maybe 3ish hours aday a few days a week. Once I hit 80 i farmed my nodes and did my daily. I have almost all the stuff to make a legendary except the lodestones which I would have if I didn’t buy 4 sets of exotics and level 2 professions that I didn’t need.

The legendaries are skins that are just out of the reach of most, only because they think it’s hard to obtain. There is no secret to making money in this game, it’s the same as any other. You farm what people want and sell it for 1c less than the guy above you. The only thing I probably did differently (only because I’ve played a few “gem store” mmo) was invest gold into gems when they were cheap and cashed out on halloween.

All and all if you play the game and enjoy it, making a legendary will just come. I know once people get a precursor it’s a rush to make it and it feels daunting seeing how much u need, but everything can be achieved by playing the game and enjoying yourself anyone that says otherwise is an elitist that has to have everything handed to them.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Flyfunner.2093

Which mean his point is moot seeing as you can get Ascended weapons that will be just as strong.

Actually, for a brief while after the nov 15 patch, legendaries were bumped higher in stats. It was a bug and a dev said that’s supposed to happen later when ascension weapons are released so they reverted the stats back. Now, if we look at their recent statements, they have said that ascension is bridge the gap between legendaries and exotics,meaning when ascension weapons are released, ofc they will be better than exotics, and in turn legendaries will have better stats than ascension.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually, for a brief while after the nov 15 patch, legendaries were bumped higher in stats. It was a bug and a dev said that’s supposed to happen later when ascension weapons are released so they reverted the stats back. Now, if we look at their recent statements, they have said that ascension is bridge the gap between legendaries and exotics,meaning when ascension weapons are released, ofc they will be better than exotics, and in turn legendaries will have better stats than ascension.

No, they have stated quite clearly that the Legendary Weapons will be bumped up to have the SAME stats as Ascended weapons.

The gap is about the amount of time it takes to get them, not the amount of stats.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doman.3042

Doman.3042

Now, if we look at their recent statements, they have said that ascension is bridge the gap between legendaries and exotics,meaning when ascension weapons are released, ofc they will be better than exotics, and in turn legendaries will have better stats than ascension.

I don’t think they meant a gap in stats, but just a gap in progression and overall goals. The problem they wanted to solve with Ascended items had to do with a general feeling of “I got all my exotics in a weekend, but it’ll take me a long time with no visible gains to make my Legendary.” They’ve stated that they never wanted to make stats a reason to grind for a Legendary, but that they won’t ever be outdated either. They’ll always be a best-in-slot choice, but not the best-in-slot choice (previously they shared this with Exotics, now they’ll share this with Ascended items).

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Flyfunner.2093

No, they have stated quite clearly that the Legendary Weapons will be bumped up to have the SAME stats as Ascended weapons.

The gap is about the amount of time it takes to get them, not the amount of stats.

Can I get a source for this. All I’ve seen is that they said it’s going to bridge the gap, never anything more specific. I wish they had better communication, but what do they care, I already paid my $60.

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

And now you come here, saying that it is too easy to get…

Man, man, of all the posts that I dislike in here, this tops them all.

Lucky. That is the word, pure and dumb luck.

It had nothing to do with skill.
It had nothing to do with determination.
It had nothing to do with planning.

It was pure and dumb luck.

Good for you! But do NOT tell people that were not lucky that they are too easy to get. It’s like a lottery winner saying that it’s easy to make money, cause, hey, all you got to do is fill in 6 numbers.

It seems that you did not understand my post. At all.

I bought my precursor after the Karka Event. Bought. This is not luck. You could buy it too.

You may want to work on your reading comprehension before you direct your anger at me. Note the words “for cheap”. Had I found it on some dice roll, those words would be “for free”.

Cheap is still a relative term – I still had to pay 200g for it. Yes, I’m aware it went lower. No, at the time I didn’t know just how low it was going to drop. Again: something that you cannot dwell on.

Your sort of attitude just makes me feel disappointed about the community which I belong to. Ever quick to blame your woes on external factors. Over the course of playing this game, I have had a great many things happen that could be considered lucky, which I remember fondly. On the flip side, I have had many things happen that can be considered unlucky, which sucks, but there it is.

Funny, how things go when you think carefully before you act, and take the good with the bad.

It’s the difference between salvaging 20 items, getting 2 ectos -> promptly complaining on forums about the 10% drop rate, and salvaging 20 items, getting 2 ectos, and continuing knowing that over time, it balances out.

(edited by LFk.1408)

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

My favourite sword skin was 5 gold. It also shares a skin with a precursor. Legendary weapons are for only a few kinds of people IMO: the people who love the skin, the people who find excitement in hard work and games of chance, and attention kittens. I will never go for a legendary unless the chance for The Dreamer falls into my lap, simply because I find it hilarious. I dislike every other legendary skin.

I got a skin I like better for much much less, and I get equal recognition (ever since I bought my 16 copper torch skin, I’ve gotten comments every day that I’ve used it) from guildmates and strangers. There’s me on why this argument is silly. If you like the item, the best of luck to you. But if you don’t wanna bother working for something you like better and then complain… well… I wouldn’t want to Xmas shop for you.

However, I also sympathize for those who feel pressure to grind for better stats. I have no idea what Anet was thinking going back on their own tier system, however if I don’t find grinding for slightly better gear fun, I’m not going to grind. Maybe I’m being a bit apathetic, but I’ll play and grind for my own enjoyment rather than anyone else’s (even if I’m not invited to as many parties).

I’m going to RP with my hard-earned exotics now. Tips transmuted tier 3 crafted hat

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

1,077 Gold/Legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doman.3042

Doman.3042

Can I get a source for this. All I’ve seen is that they said it’s going to bridge the gap, never anything more specific.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13tuac/im_the_studio_design_director_on_guild_wars_2_ama/c776dmy

“[Ascended Gear] is designed to give users a progression path that is between Exotic and Legendary (Legendary Items will be at the same power level as Ascended) and the gap between them in terms of time is very large.” (bolded emphasis mine, not Chris’)

There you go. Can we kill this bugbear for good now?