1,755,127 Orders for 1 Copper - Algorithms

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

No algo trading? Really?

I guess someone retyped 1,755,127 times a buy order for 1 copper for an item which sells for tens of gold?

Very nice Arena Net, very trust inspiring.

I guess the trends page has become an add board now?

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No algo trading? Really?

I guess someone retyped 1,755,127 times a buy order for 1 copper for an item which sells for tens of gold?

2 million buy orders are placed in less than 5 min with an autoclicker, which is ok to use according to Anet, as long as the autoclicker macro doesnt enable you to do anything else while clicking.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

So this is perfectly fine? …

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

No algo trading? Really?

I placed one of those orders. Hope someone sells it to me thatd be great!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

beating a dead horse here. I allways said for this game you need to pay for the box, if anet ban this acounts the users cant just simply make another acount like in many f2p games. Same thing goes for hundreds of videos or thousand of pictures with hackers flying in www.
so… working as indended

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

So this is perfectly fine? …

Well, they pay the gold for it, so why shouldnt it be fine?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not five minutes, try two hours.

Still the only thing it affects are players who don’t actually research demand numbers when choosing items to trade in.

It barely budged the buy and sell prices that have been dropping all month. Sounds like someone who bought so back when they were 55-60g each thinking the price would only go up. Now they are resorting to tactics to get the skin on the top demand list at the TP to advertise it.

Dead whoop.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Still the only thing it affects are players who don’t actually research demand numbers when choosing items to trade in.

It barely budged the buy and sell prices that have been dropping all month. Sounds like someone who bought so back when they were 55-60g each thinking the price would only go up. Now they are resorting to tactics to get the skin on the top demand list at the TP to advertise it.

Dead whoop.

If you order 250 for 1 copper, you can actually put in multiple orders of 250 before the price and amount resets. Manually i usually get in 10-12 clicks before it resets, with an autoclicker you can manage 250k orders before it resets.

Taking the orders off again, will take some more time though….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It count resets on my screen immediately.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I do it the cheap way and bind scroll wheel to left click. It’s how I can put thousands of orders in a few minutes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

No algo trading? Really?

2 million buy orders are placed in less than 5 min with an autoclicker, which is ok to use according to Anet, as long as the autoclicker macro doesnt enable you to do anything else while clicking.

Plz link this ok from Anet to use auto clickers.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Actually they were hoping that someone would accidentally sell it for the “Meet Highest Buyer” option for those couple hours before anyone else made a buy order for them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

It count resets on my screen immediately.

Might be influenced by my internet connection or because i dont use internet explorer as my default browser, so its not updated.
As i said, it takes about 0.5 to 1 sec for my tp to transfer my bid and in that time, i can place as many 250 orders as i can click, with an autoclicker that hits once every milisecond, thats 250k buy orders in a second, so my estimate of 5 minutes is casual.

I think the autoclicker that i use is no exploit, as stated in Gayle Grays post here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros/first#post1532762

I never measured the time i have before the amount of buy orders resets, if its half a second or a full one and i guess it depends on your engine and internet connection.
But i tried it tonight, how much 1 copper buy orders i can place with an auto clicker before it resets.

I had 237g at that time and i got stopped because I went out of gold withing that second, so i posted more tha 237k 1 copper orders withing a heartbeat or two.

However, there is no casual way to get rid of those nonsense 1 copper buy orders as quickly as posting them.

It will take a couple of hours, it doesnt matter, if you use an auto clicker or not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Actually they were hoping that someone would accidentally sell it for the “Meet Highest Buyer” option for those couple hours before anyone else made a buy order for them.

Rubbish. Because those 1 coppper buy orders were posted well after the price of cores was over 50s.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You don’t need an auto clicker and it only takes a few seconds or minutes, depending on your connection. It’s simple javascript.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

So….ANet….

You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.

I can auto click my way to titles….namely Thirst Slayer ….since this is based off the same principle?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

No algo trading? Really?

Plz link this ok from Anet to use auto clickers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros/first#post1532762

Macros
Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.
This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.
You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere."

I quoted this definition about macros and autoclickers alot when referencing to situations in which i used it(placing buy orders, salvaging with Salvage-O-Matic, opening Loot Bags etc.). I also used to report my own posts, when linking it, to ask a moderator, if my interpretation of the usage of auto clickers is right. I never got a negative answer or a ban for it, so i think its alright to use.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

So….ANet….

You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.

I can auto click my way to titles….namely Thirst Slayer ….since this is based off the same principle?

I would say yes, as long as you dont do anything else in game except hovering your cursor over the consumables and keep the auto clicker going.
Some auto clickers have the option to execute a doubleclick instead of a single click.

I guess that would be a violation but it hardly matters, if you make 1000 single or double clicks per second, so just keep it on single click.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

as long as the autoclicker macro doesnt enable you to do anything else while clicking.

Wat?

A.net is okay with a macro that does 1 action per keystroke. 1 click counts as 1 action

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Dead whoop.

If you order 250 for 1 copper, you can actually put in multiple orders of 250 before the price and amount resets. Manually i usually get in 10-12 clicks before it resets, with an autoclicker you can manage 250k orders before it resets.

10-12 clicks?
It’s either your connection or computer that’s slow…

I can do maximum 3.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I have to make the argument that this kind of behavior seeks to manipulate the expense of another player. This is not what market efficiency is about because you want to exploit other people easier, I don’t agree that’s a positive goal for the game overall (though I make no judgement about personal goals).

Yes, this is a modified quote from John about a year ago which I believe in this context still holds true (the original was more aimed at the “cold” number crunshing environment with no room for “opportunities”).

To allow this sort of, however attempted, manipulation, is inefficient. Combined with a need to consult out of the game references because the in-game given information is … lacking – does not provide an even playing field.

But maybe that is supposed to be the “skill” needed to trade?

We also might as well open up the game for all macros, damage meters and the like. I view this the same as the usage of mouse clickers – because those people would not do it (for long) if they literally had to sit there and click for hours on end. I personally get bored fairly quick alone searching for armour for example due to the amount of clicks.

Anyways, I’ll leave that here as food for thought.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

as long as the autoclicker macro doesnt enable you to do anything else while clicking.

Wat?

A.net is okay with a macro that does 1 action per keystroke. 1 click counts as 1 action

Yeah, this has always been their stance.

If you have an auto-clicker running that does the job of 1,000 clicks without you having to push a button 1,000 times it would seem you are violating their policy.

Remapping the left click button to the scroll wheel as Vol described is a clever way around it that seems to meet their policy. Every scroll counts as one keystroke/button and performs one action.

It’s not up to me to decide if anyone is violating their policy, but I personally wouldn’t recommend anyone using an autoclicker as that sounds like it is against their policy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Wat?

Yeah, this has always been their stance.

If you have an auto-clicker running that does the job of 1,000 clicks without you having to push a button 1,000 times it would seem you are violating their policy.

Remapping the left click button to the scroll wheel as Vol described is a clever way around it that seems to meet their policy. Every scroll counts as one keystroke/button and performs one action.

It’s not up to me to decide if anyone is violating their policy, but I personally wouldn’t recommend anyone using an autoclicker as that sounds like it is against their policy.

Well, i think the 1 action per keystroke means the macro cant cant execute skills 1 and 2 in a chain while you only click one button. An auto clicker wouldnt be an auto clicker, if the (same) button only executes 1 leftclick per keystroke.
Most autoclickers have the option to execute a single or a double leftclick. I interpret Anets stance that an autoclicker for a single leftclick is ok, while an autoclicker executing a doubleclick is not.

I had a discussion about this in another topic, where i used an autoclicker to determine if the salvage rate of rarer materials is bugged (it is). I reported one of my own posts in that topic, asking the Mods, if me posting about the use of auto clickers and using them in the way i do breaks any CoC or EULA. If that was the case, I asked them to delete my post or let me know that i should edit it but i didnt get a reply and the post wasnt deleted, so in my opinion its ok to use.

But you are right, everybody should decide for themselves to use an autoclicker or not. Binding left click to your mousewheel is a good alternative.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Dead whoop.

10-12 clicks?
It’s either your connection or computer that’s slow…

I can do maximum 3.

faster ping = less clicks before it updates. Some people intentionally play via tethered to their phone for that 1.5 second ping just so they can place 20 buy orders at once.

Anet’s stance on macros is ‘1 click = 1 action’. Some examples as I see them:
1) click 10 times real fast before the page refreshes = you’re clicking 10 times and getting 10 actions = legal
2) click once, program clicks 100 times for you = you’re clicking 1 time and getting 100 actions = not legal
3) bind mouse wheel to click and scroll up real fast to produce 100 clicks = you’re doing the clicks even if they are real easy; 100 clicks = 100 actions = legal
4) click once, program clicks 250 times for you to open a stack of bags = you’re clicking 1 time and getting 250 actions = technically not legal. however, I would say it could be argued that ‘opening a stack of bags’ is the action, which would make it 1 click = open 1 stack of bags, so could be legal by lawyer interpretation.

2 million buy orders can be placed via example 1 above (which I would think is legal) in 2-3 hours; quicker if you have a crummy internet connection. If you have an auto-clicker such as in example 2 (which I would think is not legal), those 2 million buy orders could be placed in under 10 minutes. If you check spidy for items where this happens, you’ll notice it takes like 3-4 hours for these items to go from 100 to 2 million buy orders, so I believe they are doing them legally. Removing them legally would also take 2-3 hours

(edited by Mystic.5934)