New Hair & Eye Colors - Temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

Q:

The newly added hair and eye colors to the customization kits are beautiful. I read on dulfy.net that they are specifically winter themed, and given that it’s winter, it made me wonder if they won’t be available/will be replaced by a new set of available colors at a later time. Are these new exclusive colors only available for a short time or are they going to stay around permanently for selection on future characters etc? Thank you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

A:

The colors are indeed only available through the Total Makeover Kit or Self-Style Hair Kit. They are not for limited time though; they will be permanently available through these kits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I don’t think you can pick them in character creation. I believe they’re only through the Hair Style kit. I also think that it’s only for a limited time. The colors will last forever if you don’t change them, but I don’t think you’ll have the option to choose them forever.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

Thank you so much for the prompt reply! I appreciate it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I still wish these colors were available in character creation as a preview. I tend to design characters with a theme and this makes it so that I’m doing so blindly unless I want to buy a total makeover kit (which I shouldn’t have to do with a new character) because I won’t be able to see what skin tones, etc. look like with the ‘winter’ hairs.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Its a shame its not, Arenanet needs to take a page from Paragon Studio and show it, but having to buy before you can make the character.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

I do wish for Charr the colors extended beyond just hair, otherwise my Purrtha Kitte just looks stupid with the new colors:(

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I got a total makeover kit in a black lion chest and decided to make over my elementalist with the new hair colour. Really cool!

Attachments:

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Completely disappointed with the colours, who picked these?? Not an artist, obviously.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lyer.1905

Lyer.1905

Does anyone have pictures of the new colors?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

I have a Total Makeover kit in storage from a few months back.

Does the upgrade to Total Makeover and Style kits apply to ALL existing Kits, or only to new purchases and drops?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You can test it out – the kit isn’t used ’til you accept the changes. My old kits had the new colors available just fine.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Completely disappointed with the colours, who picked these?? Not an artist, obviously.

Someone who realized that you gotta have blue hair, obviously.