2200 g for legendary

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

So there’s some offer for a legendary gsword for 2200g on TP!

Is it legit gold? I mean is it really possible to make 2200g in game after 3 months? Or is it real life cash? Or bots?

If it’s legit gold from playing the game (credit card players / gem buyers don’t count!), whoever you are my friend, I salute you! Kudos!

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Legendary wallets are mighty!

But intelligent players playing the market for 3 months can easily get more than 2200 gold.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

You have to accept that from its inception, this game has $ for gold built into it.

Take comfort in the fact that it’s sorta like golf and other hobbies. Wealthy people can buy the top equipment, but that’s never made a weak player into a good one.

But purchased gold is just as legit in this game as gold you looted, or gold you coerced from the TP.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

You can make at least a couple gold every day by just collecting and selling crafting materials – lowbie ones, even, though if you know where Orichalcum and Ancient Wood nodes are, you can make some freakin’ bank off that. If you can get lucky enough to fairly reliably produce Ectoplasm from crafted goods, you can make money that way, too.

It’s just going to be a pain in the kitten

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I saw one on the TP for ~6k and another for ~9k last night. I really can’t imagine a brisk trade in legendaries at those prices. Yes, there will be a very few players that want to go to the work of a legendary just to sell it and there will be a very few players with legendary wallets that can afford one. Personally, I would like to see legendaries account bound, not bound to a character, as that really speaks to the achievement involved. Then all players with legendaries would represent those that have gone through the legendary steps needed to create one. But, it’s nothing I’m going to lose sleep over.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

It can be done; my trading would get me enough gold to buy that in less than a month and a half and I’m a relative late-starter on the trading scene.

But, I probably wouldn’t buy it all the same even if i could… I’d rather sell the pieces to desperate rich people than to assemble them for my own use, and I can think of much better stuff to spend that gold on.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: exionn.8152

exionn.8152

after you learn to use the tradepost correctly, 2k gold is not that far

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

The devs should pay attention to this statement:

It should be GW2, not TP2, time to un-suck quest gold and drop rates.

Is it legit gold? I mean is it really possible to make 2200g in game after 3 months? Or is it real life cash? Or bots?

If it’s legit gold from playing the game (credit card players / gem buyers don’t count!), whoever you are my friend, I salute you! Kudos!

Yes, it is possible:

exploit godskull, subvert the spirit of the game by hitting 80 in a day and farming the first month and a half when there was no DR on loot, exploit snowflake-to-ecto, profit while everyone else has zero way to actually reach that level of gold.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ryuujin.8236

Yes, it is possible:

exploit godskull, subvert the spirit of the game by hitting 80 in a day and farming the first month and a half when there was no DR on loot, exploit snowflake-to-ecto, profit while everyone else has zero way to actually reach that level of gold.

Alternatively make up sour spirited false accusations to help justify your own lack of gold when compared to players who count a spreadsheet and calculator amongst their inventory, and traited mathematics instead of making it a dump stat

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

plasmacutter.2709

Yes, it is possible:

Alternatively make up sour spirited false accusations to help justify your own lack of gold when compared to players who count a spreadsheet and calculator amongst their inventory, and traited mathematics instead of making it a dump stat

It’s a GAME

I work in applied mathematics, I don’t want to do it to be viable in a GAME , I want to play a WIZARD, not an ACCOUNTANT . When I want to day-trade, I do it with real money.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It is possible to make that much money on TP but buying a legendary off of TP is more expensive that making one yourself. Why buy it when should have created one by the time you gained half of that money.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ryuujin.8236

It’s a GAME

I work in applied mathematics, I don’t want to do it to be viable in a GAME , I want to play a WIZARD, not an ACCOUNTANT . When I want to day-trade, I do it with real money.

Then why all the accusations of exploiting and gaming the system; if you understand the maths behind all this you should realise for a little effort you can reap big and perfectly legit pay offs.

Secondly, just because you personally don’t enjoy it, why all the hostility towards those who do? – Go do your wizarding and I’ll do my accountancy, just don’t accuse me of exploiting

PS: Has that word changed definition? – someone was claiming mesmer’s ability to shatter clones was an exploit too, if the definition has changed this’d all make sense :p

It is possible to make that much money on TP but buying a legendary off of TP is more expensive that making one yourself. Why buy it when should have created one by the time you gained half of that money.

I can think of a few scenarios; super-rich folks who don’t have much time to play could trade in gems and buy a legend outright. Players who do more PvE/trading than WvW could skip the need for awkward components like badges of honour for them the extra cost may be worth the time not-spent grinding. Players who’ve already got 2 legends can’t craft more so they need buy them or explore the world on an alt.

All are of course rather counter to the spirit of legendaries

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Few hours ago I just saw how someone bought it right in front of my eyes. Legendary pockets indeed.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

It’s already TP2. They wanted to recreate a realistic economy in a game, and this was a bad idea in the first place. But hey they did an awesome job, economy in this game has become rotten just like real one.
Ofc some ppl spend real money on this game, good for them. I’m lucky enough to be rich irl but i won’t spend money on TP2, i somehow still enjoy the game anyway plus legendaries suck so it’s not like a legendary is a huge need.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Yes, it is possible:

It’s a GAME

Then don’t do it. Nobody is forcing you.

It’s my choice if I want to exploit other people’s ignorance or impatience which allows me to profit off of them.

You don’t like a game that doesn’t have an economy? You’re playing the wrong genre.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

plasmacutter.2709

Yes, it is possible:

It’s a GAME

Then don’t do it. Nobody is forcing you.

It’s my choice if I want to exploit other people’s ignorance or impatience which allows me to profit off of them.

You don’t like a game that doesn’t have an economy? You’re playing the wrong genre.

The progression in this game is via cosmetics.

The pinnacle of cosmetics are legendaries, which come from precursors.

The other useful cosmetic items for muting involve ludicrous amounts of lodestones.

All of the above have skyrocketed because ANet allowed the exploits mentioned to happen, producing wealth gaps that make the situations leading to the arab spring look like absolute bliss and social justice by comparison.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

I think there is a difference between wanting to take part in the economy and wanting to make it your kitten. It is quite ironic that the current global economical crisis is kind of mirrored in GW2. You got the same kind of wealth gap, and the same kind of attitude on both sides AKA “Y U NO SHARE?” and “TROLOLO POOR NABS”…

Like plasma said, it’s just a game. Most of us, if ever going for a legendary, are going to craft it ourselves. Just because some people raise the valid question of how much gold is too much gold does not mean it’s an invitation for trolls to come out of hiding with snooty remarks.

If you like playing commodity trader in the game, that is your right but do not expect people to think it says something meaningful (either ways) about you.

Working 9 til 5, what a way to make a living…

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

We sure do have a lot of anti-capitalism in this forum. How about blaming ANet for making recipies requiring stacks of items you might get at a rate of 1 per hour, rather than players who are good at making money?

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shadowwaka.1952

Shadowwaka.1952

“It should be GW2, not TP2, time to un-suck quest gold and drop rates.”

Amen to that. A-net, we NEED better drop rates. Everyone is just sitting in Lion’s Arch playing the TP because it gives the best reward for the time put into it. As of now there is no incentive to leave. Please A-net, give us better loot and rewards. This game has so many areas to be played in and explored, and yet only one area is in use – The Black Lion Trading Company.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anarion.3678

Anarion.3678

It is everything. There are thousands of people who made thousands of gold with bots.

An honest player, who JUST plays the game (not trading post) even in hardcore mode, CANNOT farm that much money in that period of time.

That’s why, a guys who put Twilight for 9500g twice (spending almost 1k g just for putting it up) should be banned immediately.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anarion.3678

Anarion.3678

All of the above have skyrocketed because ANet allowed the exploits mentioned to happen, producing wealth gaps that make the situations leading to the arab spring look like absolute bliss and social justice by comparison.

+1

And they still sit idle and do nothing about it

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

Amen to that. A-net, we NEED better drop rates. Everyone is just sitting in Lion’s Arch playing the TP because it gives the best reward for the time put into it. As of now there is no incentive to leave. Please A-net, give us better loot and rewards. This game has so many areas to be played in and explored, and yet only one area is in use – The Black Lion Trading Company.

I just love these “Print more money, then everyone will be rich!” suggestions.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Juxtapositronic.1405

Juxtapositronic.1405

ITT:

Lots of players who don’t want to put in the brainpower complaining about those who do.

Some players track the prices of all major trade goods, from ectos and bloods to rares and precursors. Some players farm hard for a few months to get started, then think about what they will spend it on instead of blowing it on a new character.

You are 100% capable of getting top gear and never being “rich” in this game.

You are also 100% capable of being rich in this game, having top gear, and being a terrible player nobody wants to group with.

You are also 100% capable of being rich AND skilled in this game.

Choosing one or another is your own business. Some of us have an easier time making money that we do dominating in Spvp. Some of us have an easier time dominating in Spvp than we do making money. Some of us are insane no-lifes who spend way too much time and do it all

And don’t call this social justice. It’s a game. You are completely capable of making vast amounts of money. The fact that you don’t shouldn’t impact another player. Some players obviously exploit to get gold. Other players get lucky on drops. Most players who end up rich do it with hard work, dedication, patience, and a deep love for the economics of the game.

To hate another player’s preferences because you don’t share them makes no sense to me. How does another person’s success harm you?

Jack Lolwand [LUN]

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shadowwaka.1952

Shadowwaka.1952

I just love these “Print more money, then everyone will be rich!” suggestions.

I don’t mean that everyone should have 9500g+, but I do mean one should be rewarded with better loot for killing enemies then we are now. I do not want everyone to be rich, but I do not want those people going out and farming for hours only making the amount of gold someone at the Black Lion could make in minutes.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)
And don’t call this social justice. It’s a game. You are completely capable of making vast amounts of money. The fact that you don’t shouldn’t impact another player.
(…)
To hate another player’s preferences because you don’t share them makes no sense to me. How does another person’s success harm you?

The fact that you do shouldn’t impact another player.

I don’t hate anyone, but I do think the system is flawed. The question that Arena Net has to ask themselves again is … is it fun?

Another aspect would be the blog for legendary weapons, quote from here

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/my-legend-grows-forging-your-first-legendary-weapon/

“Legendary Weapons are the end result of an epic adventure in Guild Wars 2. You’ll travel all over, collecting items and amassing materials to build your Legendary Weapon.”

Legendary Weapons are the end result of epic transactions on the BLTC. You’ll flip items all over, collecting your tab and amassing gold to buy your Legendary Weapon.

Exaggeration? Yes. But perhaps there is a grain in there.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

I don’t mean that everyone should have 9500g+, but I do mean one should be rewarded with better loot for killing enemies then we are now. I do not want everyone to be rich, but I do not want those people going out and farming for hours only making the amount of gold someone at the Black Lion could make in minutes.

Wouldn’t work. You are just raising the bar even higher. Inflation. Postings have to expire at the TP, there needs to be more risk at a lower income at the TP, not at the base. The base is designed around NPC prices (well, I would think).

This is the only premise at which I would buy gems and trade them for gold, to pay NPC’s, not other players who in turn make everything even more expensive for others.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Juxtapositronic.1405

(…)
And don’t call this social justice. It’s a game. You are completely capable of making vast amounts of money. The fact that you don’t shouldn’t impact another player.
(…)

The fact that you do shouldn’t impact another player.

I don’t hate anyone, but I do think the system is flawed. The question that Arena Net has to ask themselves again is … is it fun?

Another aspect would be the blog for legendary weapons, quote from here

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/my-legend-grows-forging-your-first-legendary-weapon/

“Legendary Weapons are the end result of an epic adventure in Guild Wars 2. You’ll travel all over, collecting items and amassing materials to build your Legendary Weapon.”

Legendary Weapons are the end result of epic transactions on the BLTC. You’ll flip items all over, collecting your tab and amassing gold to buy your Legendary Weapon.

Exaggeration? Yes. But perhaps there is a grain in there.

If a player finds an epic economic adventure to be fun, who are you to judge them? What does their effort have to do with your experience in the game?

If they go out and cash-shop their way to a legendary, does that matter to you?

Personally, I acquired my legendary “the hard way” because I found that to be satisfying. My legendary is not an achievement that puts me above other players in terms of gearing. My legendary is a cosmetic distinction that makes me feel like my character has reached a pinnacle of achievement. The impact on other players doesn’t exist.

You are not the one who determines what is fun for another person, you determine it for you. If you want to get a legendary by farming every single item that goes into it, good for you! But you need to understand that, while most people, including myself, agree with you, there are many who do not. They have just as much a right to enjoy the game as you do, and currently, both methods are in place.

Jack Lolwand [LUN]

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

You can’t really blame people for not wanting to do analysis in the leisure activity. Also, the financial gap we have is never going to change. It happens, by design, in an open market.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

If a player finds an epic economic adventure to be fun, who are you to judge them? What does their effort have to do with your experience in the game?

I am not judging and quite frankly I do not personally care how ever you aquired what ever you may have. If you check my posting history you may find that stated a few times.

There are only two main ways of “gold” into the “economy”.

Buying gems and converting them – limited by the amount people are willing to spend.
Looting something in game and selling it.

The “third” way that we are talking about here is other players through the TP.

Usually – I am repeating myself – this is none of my business and does not concern me – but here it is the center of everything and as a result it has to concern me in the long run. I am absolutely happy to buy something from the TP from another player who went out there and “farmed” the mithril or whatever. Here, this is no longer the case – because of the nature of the marketplace – you may find a few threads about different main ingredients that you cannot simply farm per se – I am most likely to pay someone who will turn around and will try to sell me something else even more expensive.

See, other games you have to go out and slay mobs for a tiny per cent chance, here you have to throw items (goods you buy for gold) into a big slot machine.

So traditionally you have your raids and stuff and you would have to participate there or do your daily quests etc etc. Anet said we want to break away those traditions and let you play like you want – respect the player and so on. Then it turns out – oh, that’s actually not really the case. Instead replace raids with BLTC. To quote other player comments here on the forums “the real pvp”.

Just because I refuse to play the TP – and as a result of the current state no longer sell my items on the TP either – I am basically punished. Ok, here is an example that I just checked right now for you. About two weeks ago I looked into legendary weapons and made myself a roadmap, the most expensive item: the precursor. Not farmable (unless you tell me where hammers drop on a regular basis) – 160G (the colossus)
Two weeks later, today – 320G.
I made a note for the silver doubloons as well, 75G – now 120G.
Everything farmeable (non NPC) I did not look at the price.

I am not really talking to you personally either, I want Arena Net to start thinking about this. About their maxime, their core values. Not what you and I think is right or wrong – but: Is it fun?

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

plasmacutter.2709

I am not judging and quite frankly I do not personally care how ever you aquired what ever you may have. If you check my posting history you may find that stated a few times.

There are only two main ways of “gold” into the “economy”.

Buying gems and converting them – limited by the amount people are willing to spend.
Looting something in game and selling it.

The “third” way that we are talking about here is other players through the TP.

Usually – I am repeating myself – this is none of my business and does not concern me – but here it is the center of everything and as a result it has to concern me in the long run. I am absolutely happy to buy something from the TP from another player who went out there and “farmed” the mithril or whatever. Here, this is no longer the case – because of the nature of the marketplace – you may find a few threads about different main ingredients that you cannot simply farm per se – I am most likely to pay someone who will turn around and will try to sell me something else even more expensive.

See, other games you have to go out and slay mobs for a tiny per cent chance, here you have to throw items (goods you buy for gold) into a big slot machine.

So traditionally you have your raids and stuff and you would have to participate there or do your daily quests etc etc. Anet said we want to break away those traditions and let you play like you want – respect the player and so on. Then it turns out – oh, that’s actually not really the case. Instead replace raids with BLTC. To quote other player comments here on the forums “the real pvp”.

Just because I refuse to play the TP – and as a result of the current state no longer sell my items on the TP either – I am basically punished. Ok, here is an example that I just checked right now for you. About two weeks ago I looked into legendary weapons and made myself a roadmap, the most expensive item: the precursor. Not farmable (unless you tell me where hammers drop on a regular basis) – 160G (the colossus)
Two weeks later, today – 320G.
I made a note for the silver doubloons as well, 75G – now 120G.
Everything farmeable (non NPC) I did not look at the price.

I am not really talking to you personally either, I want Arena Net to start thinking about this. About their maxime, their core values. Not what you and I think is right or wrong – but: Is it fun?

This is about right.. I don’t care how much gold people have as long as I can attain what I want without playing bean counter.

It’s an MMORPG. To the people who are defending this idea that everyone else’s experience should be held hostage to the BLTC because it’s fun for them, well, there are plenty of fantasy-stock-market websites that let you trade imaginary dollars and compete with people where your doing so will not make those who don’t want to do this feel that playing the game for progressin is futile. The rest of us want to be able to progress doing normal “RPG Stuff”, like fighting each other over a control point or slaying dragons.

We want an avenue to our progression that does not necessitate “beating the market inflation through day-trading” due to terrible drop rates and un-farm-able items.

The drop-rates need un-sucking, because it’s quite clear the supply is simply too low.

To put it in free-market speech:
going out and farming your own goods is the equivalent of someone thinking the price is too high and starting their own business to “get in on that” or doing it themselves.

The current droprates prevent competition from entering the market through normal production (except botters who don’t go brain-dead from farming 28 hours a day, and exploiters who found bugs that allow them to get obscenely valuable items too quickly), nobody is able to add to the supply of their own volition, so the prices continue to skyrocket, and that’s pretty stupid.

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Juxtapositronic.1405

I don’t see how any of this prevents you from enjoying or playing the game.

You can acquire a legendary weapon without playing the trading post. Playing the trading post is another way that some, extremely saavy players, who are a tiny minority, make enormous amounts of money. Without us/them many of the goods you put up on the trading post probably would not sell at all. It is by no means the only way to get certain items, with the possible exception of some of the charged-lodestone Mystic Forge items. However, that is a problem with the scarcity of charged lodestones , not the trading post.

You obviously aren’t being affected by any of this. Maybe you are being frustrated by the drop rate on some of the higher-end crafting materials… and I’m all for an increase in those (particularly charged lodestones) however you don’t even seem able to state a specific problem you want changed. Nobody is demanding that you go the extra mile, and all it will get you is the ability to avoid spending huge amounts of time in other areas of the game (Mainly farming for hours upon hours.).

It is the same as all arguments about the free-market; some people will never be comfortable with the fact that some have more than they do. So again I ask you; why do you care?

Jack Lolwand [LUN]

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

Just roll that on your tongue – a tiny minority who make enourmous amounts of money. And they make it on the backs of the large majority who makes a pittance. Delicious.

Of course that doesn’t affect anyone, nothing to see here. Yummy.

But I am sure you would not have anything against leveling the playing field, because you are telling me that it’s just about playing, right? It would not affect you if all over sudden all the ingredients where reliably farmeable so that there is no need for the TP for those who don’t like to participate there? You see, it would affect you, same as it affects me right now.

Nah, with enough money you don’t even have to be savvy, because your offers don’t expire, there is not enough punishment for abuse. And please stop your talk about free market, this market doesn’t mimic even half of what a real market has, there are no interests and no credits to consider, no seasons (other than the odd “I got all my eggs for christmas” thread), there is no time or distance bridged. It’s artificial.

No I am not an economist – and I don’t have to be. As interesting as many things are they don’t really apply here. The only question you have to ask yourself is if it’s fun for your customers – and maybe ask yourself if you want it to be fun for a tiny minority, or fun for the others. Perception is the key.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

Even with better drop rates, lower recipie requirements, and reliable farming areas (all which I support), there will always be a need for the TP unless you intend to be horribly inefficient by vendoring items you don’t want to hold any more of. And quit this “evil rich people” attutude. Unlike real life, there is no use of force (government) giving them an unfair advantage. Maybe if the “large majority who makes a pittance” would stop directly buying/selling everything and use more buy/sell orders, they wouldn’t be so broke.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

Never have I said evil nor that I hate or disrespect anyone. Those are facts presented in laymens terms, granted, it has a slight negative touch putting it that way, I am sure the technical term will sound a lot more positive.

What I’m talking about is that the system itself is flawed.

Look at the way it’s presented, sell your items direct out of the bag, tell me what you see. The fact that people use gwspidy should speak volumes alone. “Meet highest buyer” is the default. If you truly want to see more you will have to hop over, search for the item again and check again what you could list it for. But these are all just details of the larger picture.

You know, for a while I thought it’s just me, but all you have to do is read the threads here and you will notice it’s a re-occuring theme.

Bottom line – the TP is the number 1 source to make money here, by far and uncontested. Again, perception is key – should I feel obliged to have to use the TP to get anywhere? Why don’t we make PvP the number one moneymaker? Before you answer – this would mean that the TP would not be the number one moneymaker anymore.

There should be a TP, absolutely. There should be the opportunity for a trading game. Right now it’s just not reasonable.

Another topic not touched yet is that gold also buys gems, which of course have become unattainable in any reasonable amount for the – as you put it – inefficient player. (There is your unfair advantage, nicely seen at events as well. I would love to believe that people spend hundrets of dollars to open keys, if so good for Anet, but I’m more inclined to believe they are aquired via exchanging gold.)

I love markets, although I like them more in the style of EVE. It has more meaning. The only reason why I did not continue there is because I looked at the training list and it showed me something over 2 real years to train my character. That is their design decision. I will give it some more time to decide for myself what I think the design decision is here.

Anyways, this is starting to affect my enjoyment of the game, I will try to stop thinking about it.

Have fun in the game whichever way you like.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: goldi.3129

goldi.3129

….

Bottom line – the TP is the number 1 source to make money here, by far and uncontested. Again, perception is key – should I feel obliged to have to use the TP to get anywhere? Why don’t we make PvP the number one moneymaker? Before you answer – this would mean that the TP would not be the number one moneymaker anymore.
…..

In all MMOs I have played the fastest way to make money is the trading post/auction house/galactic market/whatever.

Even if you choose to grind you sell your items not to the NPC for the maximum profit, no you list them on the market. What about crafting, thats a part of the TP as well, as where do you sell your goods…

An MMO lifes from the interaction between players- economies is a part of that interaction. And for that to work even remotely well in MASSIVE multiplayer games you need central institutions like trading posts.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

….

…..

In all MMOs I have played the fastest way to make money is the trading post/auction house/galactic market/whatever.

Even if you choose to grind you sell your items not to the NPC for the maximum profit, no you list them on the market. What about crafting, thats a part of the TP as well, as where do you sell your goods…

An MMO lifes from the interaction between players- economies is a part of that interaction. And for that to work even remotely well in MASSIVE multiplayer games you need central institutions like trading posts.

No argument here, but ask yourself what the gold bought you in those other games and what it does here. The gap is simply incredible large and I’ve never seen prices soar like here. Yes, a trading post is vital, did I say anywhere get rid of it entirely?

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: goldi.3129

goldi.3129

….

…..

No argument here, but ask yourself what the gold bought you in those other games and what it does here. The gap is simply incredible large and I’ve never seen prices soar like here. Yes, a trading post is vital, did I say anywhere get rid of it entirely?

In other games you had huge advantages as you always had the best gear available. In this game the difference between exotic and legendary is not a real issue.
As it is only one slot as it is anyways.

So what advantage do I have with tons of gold? None really. Getting a fullruned exotic with weapon and trinkets is around 50g. You don’t need to play the tp to get that amount.
A legenendary is a luxury article primary aquired for the skins- not because it gives you a real advantage.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

In other games you had huge advantages as you always had the best gear available. In this game the difference between exotic and legendary is not a real issue.
As it is only one slot as it is anyways.

So what advantage do I have with tons of gold? None really. Getting a fullruned exotic with weapon and trinkets is around 50g. You don’t need to play the tp to get that amount.
A legenendary is a luxury article primary aquired for the skins- not because it gives you a real advantage.

We are definitely not on the same page here, sorry.
In other games, well at least the ones I think of, the high end stuff came from sources that you could not buy. Some other more expensive options offered certain conveniences, I have always been able to afford them in a foreseeable future – without playing the TP.
That part does not exist here in the same fashion, which is great – the skins are the primary drive here, the high end stuff if you so will.
But again I’m basically told – you don’t need this, you don’t deserve this, if you want it, play the TP like everyone else.
Plus you are overlooking what I said before about gems. But nevermind, I am not here to convince any of you and we are talking in circles (or so I feel).
Let me say this in closing and take it as food for thought – the TP here sort of replaces the daily grind that exists in other games. You cannot even collect much without the TP – be it mini’s or a full dye set.

In the meantime I will continue my travels in Tyria, still got lot’s to do, will try to take my mind off this and evaluate the situation later again for myself.

Wishing everyone fun in Tyria, happy holidays and a happy new year

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

No one is forcing you to play TP go farm the materials yourself, TP is just an option.

I can totally imaginethat that half of you complain in real life that you need to rob the bank, kidnap president, be criminal, so you can afford Bentley, Ferari, etc. So they should make it cheaper because there is no other option Yes there is, find yourself a better job!

Ye also wishing you happy holidays and happy new year And dont get jealous because someone bought or received nicer and more pricy presents than you did

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sera.9750

Sera.9750

Yeah, i mean me myself; I do spend real money on the game. I got extra cash and my gaming experience is helped by not being hindered by equipment or items I “can’t” have. Now in terms of legendaries being upwards of 2-5k or w/e….that’s insane and I would never spend that much real money or find a way to save that without playing the system.
In a nutshell..that is how most that do have thousands got it is from playing the TP. Which is fine…your good at selling and trading….tho there is some that take advantage of some facets which shouldn’t exist or loop holes…but whos gonna really track that kinda behavior anyhow?
I figure ignore it and make a legendary yourself…give the way I look at it. It takes a wealthy player to even list one on TP…and the only other people with that kinda money is another wealthy player who will already have said legendaries…so who really do they expect to buy them? The consumer they’re advertising to can’t afford them so whats it matter; its the rich trading amoung the rich is all…which is pretty dumb imo.
So enjoy the game for whats its worth and ignore the legendaries listed honestly…just rich people showing off since 95% of the community cant afford them anyhow.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Tell me your secrets, master.

2200 g for legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m fine with cosmetic items remaining relatively unreachable for casual players like me.. But I wish they won’t let these ascended items be available only to the elite. The reason why most of us are upset about these ascended items is that it requires excessive resources that casuals can’t afford (time and/or real life money).

Legendaries, IF they stick to weapons only, is fine being slightly better than any other tier so long as they don’t insist on making legendary armor or accessories that only a handful of people can obtain (stat-wise).

If they allow Legendaries to be sold on TP, then so should every other tier below it.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits