$300 a ticket.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Just wanted to say that it is a little pricey, and I can’t think of many things outside of game that cost $300 for a ticket :P

I don’t mind supporting the game, and I have supported the idea of prestigious items being rare/unique. But when I spend $300 for 1 single ticket (I have 11 characters), and I have to choose 1 item, it kinda hurts the wallet and brain. Please just make them 4000 gems and people will buy them, they would much rather do so than spend hundreds on a “chance” to get one. They would still be rare, but at least obtainable through your RNG and the 4000 buyout option.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Thx for supporting RNG chests so we will be sure to get more in the future…………………………

Anytime Enjoyed every drop I got lol And since I have the money for the “optional” content it produces, I have no regrets My 4 fused tickets outfit my Charr and Asura well, 10 characters left to outfit with cool skins not from TP.

Hmm odd how things change………

Serenity now~Insanity later

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Why would you do that. You should have sold all those gems and simply bought the dragon coffers from the PRTP. A few thousand of those beats the hell out of a hundred or so elite coffers from the CRTP…

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Thx for supporting RNG chests so we will be sure to get more in the future…………………………

Anytime Enjoyed every drop I got lol And since I have the money for the “optional” content it produces, I have no regrets My 4 fused tickets outfit my Charr and Asura well, 10 characters left to outfit with cool skins not from TP.

There is a difference here, I still do not mind spending the money. However, I don’t think it is fair to people who don’t have the money to be told the purchased ones have a better chance, when the cost is 100-300+ dollars. That is the difference here, before we knew the chance was low and this time it sounded more like it was a decent chance. I spent around 800 dollars this week on game for fun, I could care less about money, but not everyone is fortunate to have disposable income. And when someone says “better chance” I would suspect 3000 in game coffers = 1 ticket, 25-50 gem store tickets = 1 ticket. Unfortunately that isn’t how it worked out. Again, no problem spending money, but i won’t continue to on these. Instead I bought 90 black lions keys, need more boosts anyway.

Edit-I am ok with RNG chests, but this felt misleading because it was made to sound like a better chance, when clearly the chance is still very very very low. Slightly better would have been a better phrase.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Why would you do that. You should have sold all those gems and simply bought the dragon coffers from the PRTP. A few thousand of those beats the hell out of a hundred or so elite coffers from the CRTP…

That is the problem though, when they said better chance, it made it sound “better” lol. That wasn’t the case, it shouldn’t be 3000 in game coffers or 2900 gem coffers =1 ticket, it isn’t fair to people who can’t shell out 300 bucks on RNG. I have 20 gamestop gem cards on order at my local store(1200 ea), and I won’t be using them on the coffers.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Also, the boxes don’t drop much of anything good for the money. Which I see as another problem. At least the BL chests drop boosts etc, perhaps add more nice items to the box as at least a conciliation prize rather than useless candy ^^

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Geo. Seems you outspend me on this game. I’m not one to lose a good challenge, so let’s see if I can top your amounts. May the best man win!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Geo, I must say at this moment I dislike you immensely for contributing to their RNG practices.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

That is the problem though, when they said better chance, it made it sound “better” lol. That wasn’t the case, it shouldn’t be 3000 in game coffers or 2900 gem coffers =1 ticket, it isn’t fair to people who can’t shell out 300 bucks on RNG. I have 20 gamestop gem cards on order at my local store(1200 ea), and I won’t be using them on the coffers.

At the end of the month you’ll likely be able to buy a few stacks of Dragon Coffers for 10 gold. Hold off till then if you’re looking to buy them. As you’ve mentioned though, save those gems for something else.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

“Want” is a funny thing

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Geo. Seems you outspend me on this game. I’m not one to lose a good challenge, so let’s see if I can top your amounts. May the best man win!

Haha challenge accepted

Attachments:

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

At the end of the month you’ll likely be able to buy a few stacks of Dragon Coffers for 10 gold. Hold off till then if you’re looking to buy them. As you’ve mentioned though, save those gems for something else.

Yea, I ended up just getting lots of keys for the decent BL chests. Not sure what I’ll do with 250 trans stones, but never know. It’s not so much that I hate RNG or the RNG boxes, but the fact that the fused tickets lead to at least getting some boosts etc was nice. With these it is a big loss and not so much fun. I just feel bad for people, myself included, who were let down by the lose lose situation these types offer. With such great skins and designs it is too bad not many people will be able to enjoy at least 1 type. I generally give unbiased info, and I wouldn’t tell people to spend on something I didn’t believe had some sort of value. But that is why I made this post, I don’t support the idea of giving something or literally nothing good. At least with keys we get many cool items, buffs, kits etc with chance.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ghyer.4172

Ghyer.4172

I just opened 2345 regular dragon chests that I bought off the tp. I decided to use my mf toon got it up to 208%. Probably didn’t make a difference but I got 3 tickets out of it and 21 minis. 19 stacks of candy and the random food and potions. Two of the tickest came in before the first 600 the last I got around another 800 in. This was from in game currency I’ve made from crafting not using the O’L credit card.

Attachments:

(edited by Ghyer.4172)

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

People were afraid micro transactions would lead to pay-to-win so arenanet just made it pay-to-lose.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

I’m quite disappointed about the claim ticket system. Spending tons of gold only for a chance to get a valuable item is both tedious and boring. I’m fine with rare weapon kins being difficult to get, but why does the experience have to feel frustrating and wasteful? It’s just plain depressing to see someone over map chat get 7 claim tickets out of a small amount of coffers while you yourself have wasted tons of gold to get nothing but zhaitaffy and food items that are of no value.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I’m not really sure if the OP is genuine. Seems more like someone trying to provide an example of the type of customer that would make ANet think these things are a good idea, rather than an actual experience.

I know some people have a lot of disposable income, but I really have trouble believing someone would spend $800 a month on the gem store and not bat a lakitten doing so.

If it is real, then it’s probably an addiction to ripping off people like this that has prevented who ever runs the gem store from pursuing a more reasonable and likely more profitable cash shop strategy that doesn’t rely on those they must view as “suckers” throwing money at these horrible RNG boxes.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

It’s not so much that I hate RNG or the RNG boxes, but the fact that the fused tickets lead to at least getting some boosts etc was nice. With these it is a big loss and not so much fun.

I’ve been disappointed with their move away from using BLCs. At least when the tickets were in BLCs there was a chance for a ‘nice’ surprise like a backpack cover or makeover kit.

Currently I have no real reason to open BLCs and unfortunately that may be part of the problem. I have over 50 keys in my bank right now all from alts + map completion. I’ve never bought a key for RL money or gold. Maybe Anet figures there are a lot of others like me and they make more money selling separate RNG boxes than BLC keys? Even though if they actually put something worthwhile in BLCs I might have reason to burn through my stock.

At any rate, I’ve never bought one of their RNG boxes and I never will.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

There is a difference here, I still do not mind spending the money. However, I don’t think it is fair to people who don’t have the money to be told the purchased ones have a better chance, when the cost is 100-300+ dollars. That is the difference here, before we knew the chance was low and this time it sounded more like it was a decent chance.

Hi hypocrite. Thanks for having OUR back when WE wanted something in the kitten ed RNG chests.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I checked as well. Spent 4000 gems, no ticket. Regardless of the gambling aspects, this is plain false advertising.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I opened around 75-85 normal dragon coffers, collected since Dragon Bash started, before logging off tonight, got a ticket. Seeing how the drop rate data on the wiki suggests a 1 in 2000 chance of that, I was indeed quite lucky.

Also got one mini, one Cold Potion and three types of food items (and of course fireworks but they are quite common relatively speaking).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

I opened around 75-85 normal dragon coffers, collected since Dragon Bash started, before logging off tonight, got a ticket. Seeing how the drop rate data on the wiki suggests a 1 in 2000 chance of that, I was indeed quite lucky.

Also got one mini, one Cold Potion and three types of food items (and of course fireworks but they are quite common relatively speaking).

With all due respect, I don’t see how this is relevant to the current thread, which is about rich coffers. I’m happy for you though that your slot machine cashed out. That’s at the heart of the RNG model, and the reason this community remains divided on the issue. Yet, false advertising and gambling are very real issues, that take a special place in legal systems around the world. Certain commercial companies have been taken to court – and lost – for far less as a result of false advertising. If these were items in a regular store, most national watchdogs would have intervened by now. But because they’re virtual items, people don’t know what to do yet. Anet is exploiting this uncertainty to the fullest; with each update, it’s checking where the boundaries are, and what people will still accept.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

If the tickets were up for sale in the gem store for 300 bucks each, would y’all buy them?

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

If the tickets were up for sale in the gem store for 300 bucks each, would y’all buy them?

No, but setting up a system whereby you can either try RNG, or 2000+ gems per weapon, that could work. That would be 25 euro or 60g per skin.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DungeonDaughter.7391

DungeonDaughter.7391

You know what’s cooler than a Jade Weapon for $300?

An Nvidia GTX 670 for $300. Okay maybe $350.

http://www.hwcompare.com/13463/geforce-gtx-650-vs-geforce-gtx-670

“We just don’t want players…in Guild Wars 2.
No one enjoys [it]. No one finds it fun.” —Colin J.

(edited by DungeonDaughter.7391)

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

But 60g per skin that’s about 3000 coffers of TP (assuming 2s each) and since the average droprate is 1/2000 its basically what we already have…

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I got two of these tickets after opening maybe one stack of dragon coffers, and not one cent was spent through the gem store. Now, call me lucky, but I just played the game my way and wasn’t expecting anything to come from it. My luck is crap most of the time, but ANet decided to be kind to me for once.

Haha challenge accepted

A fool and his “disposable income” are soon parted…

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

With all due respect, I don’t see how this is relevant to the current thread, which is about rich coffers. I’m happy for you though that your slot machine cashed out. That’s at the heart of the RNG model, and the reason this community remains divided on the issue. Yet, false advertising and gambling are very real issues, that take a special place in legal systems around the world. Certain commercial companies have been taken to court – and lost – for far less as a result of false advertising. If these were items in a regular store, most national watchdogs would have intervened by now. But because they’re virtual items, people don’t know what to do yet. Anet is exploiting this uncertainty to the fullest; with each update, it’s checking where the boundaries are, and what people will still accept.

Because 1) they are available in the normal Dragon Coffers and 2) random is random.

When will people understand that sometimes the odds aren’t in your favor and sometimes you bat 0.000 or flip 100 tails in a row.

It’s a dollar (or euro) a pull and if the chance is 1.25% (25x higher than normal Dragon Coffers) there is still a 2.3% chance in 300 pulls of not getting one. There is also only a 2.2% chance of getting 8, 0.9% chance of getting 9 and 0.5% chance of getting more than 9. There is still a 10.4% chance of not getting at least 1 at 180 rich coffers.

In my case, getting 1 in 75-85 at 2000:1 is 3.6-4.0%. A similar chance can be have with only 3 rich coffers at 80:1.

This all goes back to the disconnect between ANet’s definition of rare chance and the players. So what’s rare to you? Less than 50%? 10%? 5%?

Probability is a kitten people, learn and embrace this.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

If you really spent 300 on rich coffers, you’re the type of person making things miserable for everyone else

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Another way to look at it is if 100 people buy the 25 rich coffer package, 80 to 1 odds means:

73 wouldn’t get any
23 would get one
4 would get two

If those 100 buy 80 rich coffers thinking 80 to 1 so buy 80 should guarantee me one

37 wouldn’t get any
37 would get one
18 would get two
6 would get three
2 would get four

Like I said, probability is a kitten.

RIP City of Heroes

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I got two of these tickets after opening maybe one stack of dragon coffers, and not one cent was spent through the gem store. Now, call me lucky, but I just played the game my way and wasn’t expecting anything to come from it. My luck is crap most of the time, but ANet decided to be kind to me for once.

Haha challenge accepted

A fool and his “disposable income” are soon parted…

20k in my checking says otherwise I know better than to keep going lol

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

If you really spent 300 on rich coffers, you’re the type of person making things miserable for everyone else

I’m more the type of person who just wanted a ticket, at least 1. If I don’t buy them someone else will. In the end if things aren’t turned around my large amounts of purchases will slowly decrease, as will others, because of these scenarios.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lisa.6102

I’m not really sure if the OP is genuine. Seems more like someone trying to provide an example of the type of customer that would make ANet think these things are a good idea, rather than an actual experience.

I know some people have a lot of disposable income, but I really have trouble believing someone would spend $800 a month on the gem store and not bat a lakitten doing so.

If it is real, then it’s probably an addiction to ripping off people like this that has prevented who ever runs the gem store from pursuing a more reasonable and likely more profitable cash shop strategy that doesn’t rely on those they must view as “suckers” throwing money at these horrible RNG boxes.

Hey , they could be Donald Trumph , for all we know

Rolls eye Yes eye ( I have stye atm so it hurts to roll both)

Brings to mind that saying

A Fool and their money are soon parted,

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Oh man, someone can just close this thread. It’s over. I changed my mind, leave it open, he’s bragging about his IRL money, let’s watch the slow descent into madness. /popcorn.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Oh man, someone can just close this thread. It’s over. I changed my mind, leave it open, he’s bragging about his IRL money, let’s watch the slow descent into madness. /popcorn.

Not bragging, just find peoples responses ill informed. People rather attack others than have a discussion, this is whats wrong with the world today. But oh well, kids will be kids I suppose, regardless of age.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I wish they were in BLC, not some random kitten chest… at least with the MF stuff i got a ticket or two because as others have said, the 2 keys i bought had the chance to give me something else i’d want, like repair cans, or a backpack, or makeover kit etc, but wtf do i want this BS candy for when i can get it from like any mob in the game? No thanks!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

I’m quite perplexed, help me out here. Why did you spend $300 on rich coffers, and better yet, why did you spend $800 on gaming this week? From what you said, you have “disposable” income – but $20K is nothing. I understand that it’s your money and you decide how you spend it, but just for ONE skin? Why don’t you look at the opportunity cost man…$300 add $100 more, and order the new PS4 or something. Go out and spend that, go on a vacation, buy someone a gift, donate to children in need, or something.

I too, have “disposable” income, but by no means does it justify shelling out that much for a game.

I don’t even know what to say…I’m at a loss for words.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I’m quite perplexed, help me out here. Why did you spend $300 on rich coffers, and better yet, why did you spend $800 on gaming this week? From what you said, you have “disposable” income – but $20K is nothing. I understand that it’s your money and you decide how you spend it, but just for ONE skin? Why don’t you look at the opportunity cost man…$300 add $100 more, and order the new PS4 or something. Go out and spend that, go on a vacation, buy someone a gift, donate to children in need, or something.

I too, have “disposable” income, but by no means does it justify shelling out that much for a game.

Already have PS4 on preorder, as well as many games at my favorite gamestop. I also recently drove around 600 miles with my family over the weekend for fun, so I believe I covered that too. On top of that I am in college full time doing programming, 4 classes currently. I understand the sillyness that so much money into a game of RNG entails, but I do have my limits for all things. The $800 was for some epic CE editions of my favorite game coming out, and some for GW2. When I start a sub for another game I am less likely to spend as much on a free game as I will be intently playing the sub one more. Aside from that, with family, gw2, new games, my 230+ ps3 games, and regular life I keep myself pretty busy. I even bought my wife a new wedding ring because hers had become slightly damaged and wanted a more personalized one. Then I bought my son a 3ds XL because games these days should be enjoyed on large screens. I bought my wife an alien ware X51, because like me, she had always wanted one as a child.

So I live comfortably, yet busily. I do spend my money/time wisely on my own terms. I don’t agree that RNG is the best way to deliver these items, I did want one of these and I ended up with 1 (3 as of today). But I wanted to shine some clarity of the fact that a few steps forward were made on the RNG chests, but then a few steps were taken back. Hence the discussion on the topic, I was hoping people would have suggestions and share their feelings on them. But I suppose people rather turn it into a thread about me, but in all honesty, I’m truly not that interesting of a topic.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

HAHAHAOHWOW…

Umm… thank you I guess?? For umm… well I’m not actually sure….
Supporting WildStar probably?…. which I have no intention of playing anyway b/c it look too much like a cartoony Borderlands with much slower Telegraphing than GW?

I heard what I thought were horror stories in LA, of people having to open 3000 of the normal coffers (that kind of crap drove me insane when I had to open just 1000 TOT bags back in Gw1’s halloween..). But wow this one just blows my mind.

Can’t really think of a good way to be gracious about this so I’ll just stop trying now :p

(edited by ilr.9675)

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Not bragging, just find peoples responses ill informed. People rather attack others than have a discussion, this is whats wrong with the world today. But oh well, kids will be kids I suppose, regardless of age.

I’m not exactly sure what you were expecting. My comment was about the mindset “It’s not my problem unless it happens to me.”, which was evident by your prior post which I quoted. It was eluding to the tendency people have.

A lot of people don’t see things as problems when it doesn’t affect them, even when such things are obviously an issue. (not in my backyard) However, like in this instance, when something eventually does affect them, people’s perceptions tend to change.

I am sorry you took it as some kind of personal attack, but admittedly I have found the resulting exchanges rather amusing.

PS..I rather enjoy the food buffs and minis that we get when we open the coffers. They are (imo) much better than mystery tonics and crafting/glory/experience/killstreak/rejuvination boosters from the blc’s.

Serenity now~Insanity later

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

You do realize that every bit of data on the Guild Wars 2 servers are owned by arena net right? Anything in the game is property of arena net.

You spent 300$ for a license to use an ugly weapon.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Forget about the slow descent into madness, gold ol’ Geo has gone and made a thread, which he should have entitled “it’s all about me, your opinion doesn’t mean jack”. If you’ve gone and spent all that cash on a game, dude you really should have the number for the local looney-bin at hand.

Game over dude, just game over.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Hey OP, if it’s this easy to swindle you into blowing your money, drop me a PM. My nigerian buddy is looking for a bank account to deposit $1,000,000,000 into

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I’m not exactly sure what you were expecting. My comment was about the mindset “It’s not my problem unless it happens to me.”, which was evident by your prior post which I quoted. It was eluding to the tendency people have.

A lot of people don’t see things as problems when it doesn’t affect them, even when such things are obviously an issue. (not in my backyard) However, like in this instance, when something eventually does affect them, people’s perceptions tend to change.

I am sorry you took it as some kind of personal attack, but admittedly I have found the resulting exchanges rather amusing.

PS..I rather enjoy the food buffs and minis that we get when we open the coffers. They are (imo) much better than mystery tonics and crafting/glory/experience/killstreak/rejuvination boosters from the blc’s.

I’m at 4 tickets now after 25 more boxes, but my opinion on the matter still hasn’t changed. I’ve went more in to detail in other threads about what was good/bad about them, I was just voicing my opinion despite the fact I still have tickets now.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Forget about the slow descent into madness, gold ol’ Geo has gone and made a thread, which he should have entitled “it’s all about me, your opinion doesn’t mean jack”. If you’ve gone and spent all that cash on a game, dude you really should have the number for the local looney-bin at hand.

Game over dude, just game over.

I’m agreeing with people about the RNG being bad for tickets, you seemed to have overlooked that. I’m supporting others opinion on the matter as well.
Your silly and I’ll just leave it at that.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Hey OP, if it’s this easy to swindle you into blowing your money, drop me a PM. My nigerian buddy is looking for a bank account to deposit $1,000,000,000 into

According to my many emails, I apparently have around 230-500 relatives there who are rich, I’m wondering why they aren’t just spending it over there instead of on me.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lisa.6102

Already have PS4 on preorder, as well as many games at my favorite gamestop. I also recently drove around 600 miles with my family over the weekend for fun, so I believe I covered that too. On top of that I am in college full time doing programming, 4 classes currently. I understand the sillyness that so much money into a game of RNG entails, but I do have my limits for all things. The $800 was for some epic CE editions of my favorite game coming out, and some for GW2. When I start a sub for another game I am less likely to spend as much on a free game as I will be intently playing the sub one more. Aside from that, with family, gw2, new games, my 230+ ps3 games, and regular life I keep myself pretty busy. I even bought my wife a new wedding ring because hers had become slightly damaged and wanted a more personalized one. Then I bought my son a 3ds XL because games these days should be enjoyed on large screens. I bought my wife an alien ware X51, because like me, she had always wanted one as a child.

So I live comfortably, yet busily. I do spend my money/time wisely on my own terms. I don’t agree that RNG is the best way to deliver these items, I did want one of these and I ended up with 1 (3 as of today). But I wanted to shine some clarity of the fact that a few steps forward were made on the RNG chests, but then a few steps were taken back. Hence the discussion on the topic, I was hoping people would have suggestions and share their feelings on them. But I suppose people rather turn it into a thread about me, but in all honesty, I’m truly not that interesting of a topic.

Wow so young to have accomplished so much , well young wife anyways… ;-)

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Wow so young to have accomplished so much , well young wife anyways… ;-)

My wife is young, me, not so much :P I think I have the military to thank for pushing me forward into trying to accomplish all my goals at an early age, since I joined at 17 and was in Iraq by 18. I feel like I’m 50 most days, that could just be all the german food though.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Discussions about money and RNG supporting and “real life success”notwithstanding, I just want to say thank you to Geotherma, because having someone who is willing to sink that much real money into the process gives us a unique perspective into how much it would take to get what you want with real money in GW2. I really appreciate your efforts from a data collection point of view.

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

Just wanted to say that it is a little pricey, and I can’t think of many things outside of game that cost $300 for a ticket :P

I don’t mind supporting the game, and I have supported the idea of prestigious items being rare/unique. But when I spend $300 for 1 single ticket (I have 11 characters), and I have to choose 1 item, it kinda hurts the wallet and brain. Please just make them 4000 gems and people will buy them, they would much rather do so than spend hundreds on a “chance” to get one. They would still be rare, but at least obtainable through your RNG and the 4000 buyout option.

people would much rather spend 4000 gems on them than spending 100’s but people are willing to spend hundreds on them, so why would anet change it?

$300 a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Sigh….

So many people put in so much time and effort trying to come up with better solutions to RNG, and along come people like this that undermine it all.

It’s great that some people have globs of disposable income to spend on a game, but man, what a short sighted choice.

I just hope that people that spend this kind of money are a very, very small minority. To think that there are people out there giving ANet the evidence it needs to do more RNG really disheartens me.