Mini Mai Trin 2
Mini Caithe 4
Mini Marjory 3

Attachments:

350 Keys used with the new ticket drop rate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Guinevere.4859

Black Guinevere.4859

Needless to say i’m pretty happy with the loot I got.
I’m a heavy Black Lion Kit user, and those are very valuable for me (approx 2,5 gold per charge = 62,5gold per kit). Scraps and full tickets drop rate is a solid 1/3 and 1/40.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Cool data, thanks for sharing.

Or words to that effect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Very nice info. Maybe put your info in here also? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest/Drop_rate

As you can see, they badly need it. ^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Convertig gems to gold and buying skins directly from TP seems to still be a better option. They should raise the chance for tickets and scraps even further.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Black Guinevere.4859

Well let’s calculate…

3500 gold spent for the 350 keys

+21 full tickets @100gold each = 2100gold
+23 kits @60gold each = 1380gold
+267 dyes @32 silver each = 85gold

As u can see i’m @ break-even here, and EVERYTHING else i got (mini packs, dye packs, mini, backpacks, booster, services) was completely free for me. I even had 367 free chances at one permanent contract, without any luck tho. Still, free chances.

Increasing drop rate again would just result in skin price to sink on the TP IMHO

(edited by Black Guinevere.4859)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Black Guinevere.4859

Very nice info. Maybe put your info in here also? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest/Drop_rate

As you can see, they badly need it. ^^

I was about to. Done now!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Well let’s calculate…

As u can see i’m @ break-even here, and EVERYTHING else i got (mini packs, dye packs, mini, backpacks, booster, services) was completely free for me. I even had 367 free chances at one permanent contract, without any luck tho. Still, free chances.

Increasing drop rate again would just result in skin price to sink on the TP IMHO

but if you want the skins yourself you can buy the 1 ticket ones for 50-70g of the TP
via buy orders also if everyone does the BLTK thing your profit margins can easily drop to 25g.
Valuing tickets @ 100g is nonsense if you look at current tempest prices

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Well let’s calculate…

but if you want the skins yourself you can buy the 1 ticket ones for 50-70g of the TP
via buy orders also if everyone does the BLTK thing your profit margins can easily drop to 25g.

It’s not nonsense if you are getting the tickets to sell weapon skins. In that case 100 gold is a reasonable value to put on them. If you are willing to hold on to the skin for longer than the 1 ticket price, then many are above that value.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

May i ask how you make 60 gold with a BLSK?

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t know either, but each one costs 300 gems, which with at the moment 15.11 gold per 100 gems means each one would cost you 45.33 gold to buy. So 23 of them is a 1042.59 value.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Look for exotic gear with an expensive upgrade component and ideally a chance to salvage an insignia. If you get them on buy order, you can make 1-5g profit per salvage.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Well let’s calculate…

It’s not nonsense if you are getting the tickets to sell weapon skins. In that case 100 gold is a reasonable value to put on them. If you are willing to hold on to the skin for longer than the 1 ticket price, then many are above that value.

Thats longterm investing. It will take some months for the price to raise to 100g.
Doesnt seem very appealing to me to just break even at an investment of 3500g.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Well let’s calculate…

Thats longterm investing. It will take some months for the price to raise to 100g.
Doesnt seem very appealing to me to just break even at an investment of 3500g.

Not necessarily months. The chaos skins, which were the ones previous to this, have sell orders of 100 plus gold now on most and 100 or not far below it for buy orders. And they had the disadvantage of being one ticket for an exceptionally long time.
http://www.gw2tp.com/search?name=Chaos

Perhaps some sell only to buy orders. I have always sold weapon skins though as a sell order and usually they sell pretty quickly.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Also not including any TP taxes in any of these calculations. Unless you sell it for ~ 118g, that “100g” is going to be 85g.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Well if you want it as an investment, it would be best to spend the 3500g on buyorders. 50-60g per weapon now. Much better than breaking just even in a few month. So far I had little problems buying these black lion skins via buy orders.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MystikaLsmuRF.7150

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

tfw 25 keys and only 1 scrap >.< “1/3”

neva gonna finish mah dreamer with this luck =( fml

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

tfw 25 keys and only 1 scrap >.< “1/3”

neva gonna finish mah dreamer with this luck =( fml

I used 1 key on 1 chest last night and got 2 scraps [and a gathering booster]. RNG.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I’m a heavy Black Lion Kit user, and those are very valuable for me (approx 2,5 gold per charge = 62,5gold per kit). Scraps and full tickets drop rate is a solid 1/3 and 1/40.

can you explain to me why black lion kits are so valuable to you ? I don’t get it. what do you mean by 2,5 g per charge an 62,5 gold per kit ? that’s not possible, you can’t sell them on the tp

i have like 15 of them in my bank and i don’t know what to do with them, how the hell do you consider them worth 62g ? you can’t even vendor them lol

Are you Shpongled?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

….

Gotta agree with this. I have no idea where OP remotely thinks a BL ticket is worth 100g.

I have NO clue how the OP is valuing BL Kit uses….? They are certainly worth it to pull expensive Sigils and Runes off equipment (and possible get you some rare inscriptions or insignia), but the actual VALUE is from the item, not the kit that salvage it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

can you explain to me why black lion kits are so valuable to you ? I don’t get it. what do you mean by 2,5 g per charge an 62,5 gold per kit ? that’s not possible, you can’t sell them on the tp

i have like 15 of them in my bank and i don’t know what to do with them, how the hell do you consider them worth 62g ? you can’t even vendor them lol

Example:
Yakkington’s armor has buy orders of about 7g20s
If you salvage it with a BLSK, you get a Superior Rune of the Traveler (8g30s) and 0.6 Dire Intricate Gossamer Insignia (2g40s) and 1.66 ecto (44s) and ~0.5 GoDM (~1g) and some basic mats that don’t matter as much. So salvaging it gives 10g97s = 9g32s after tax. So if you get BLSK for free, you would make a 2g12s profit, hence why each use of a BLSK would be worth 2g12s in this case.
There are similar items that give more, this is just a good example. I’d have to search harder to find better ones.
At the current price of 14g88s to buy 100 gems, each use of BLSK costs 1g78s. So if you were to buy them and salvage yakkington’s armor, you would end up only making a 34s profit, which probably isn’t worth the risk or gold invested.
As you might appreciate, I buy dozens of BLSK whenever they are discounted

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

And here i was thinking you farmed the keys, instead you used a legendary in gold for 350 keys?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As you might appreciate, I buy dozens of BLSK whenever they are discounted

I’m kinda wishing that I’d bought a few back when they were on sale. I’ve still got 3 spare BLSK’s left, but I’m burning through them remarkably fast nowadays thanks to doing more dungeons to complete the various Collections.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

yeah, I exchanged gifts with a few guilds during wintersday. effectively bought them at 20% off (when gems were 6g80s/100gems). I say ‘a few’ because they didn’t need/want as many as I did :P I got about 60 total during that time at 20% off (81s60c per use). Then there was a 30% off sale a few months later, and a 40% off sale for the gw2 2nd anniversary on aug 28th. And probably a few others I’m forgetting. I have yet to see them priced for 50% off.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They were 30% off a couple of weekends ago. That was the latest offering.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anomaly.7208

anomaly.7208

dang, i didn’t realize how stupid lucky i have been with black lion chests until i started seeing mass opening posts like this. did some keyruns in the couple days before the impending nerf (first i had heard of keyrunning was from people lamenting its “death”). opened 21 chests and got 2 tickets and 7 scraps (and this was before the supposed increase in drop rate).

and just last week i got one of my alts through the level 50 story and got another key. forgot about it for a couple days til a chest dropped and i saw i had the key there in my inventory. popped it open and at first i thought they had changed what the tickets/scraps looked like. nope. permanent bank contract. nearly lost my kitten when i checked the price on the tp. i’m afraid i may have used up all the luck i will ever have in this game though, haha.