3710g for a perm hair style contract!?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Seriously, some of the offers for a permanent hair style contract are higher than most LEGENDARY weapons now.

WTF?

Anet, will you ever release more of these? Because this has been going on for months, and it’s just getting ridiculous now.

Am I the only one that thinks this is insane?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Seriously, some of the offers for a permanent hair style contract are higher than most LEGENDARY weapons now.

WTF?

Anet, will you ever release more of these? Because this has been going on for months, and it’s just getting ridiculous now.

If I put a sell offer of 10,000 for a dusk, would you think there was an issue with them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

WTF?

If I put a sell offer of 10,000 for a dusk, would you think there was an issue with them?

Considering the OP was talking about BUY orders……if you put in a BUY order for dusk at 10k……..yes, most likely the OP would think there was an issue.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just think of the peoples faces that have the highest bids in, when it gets released in the gem store.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

WTF?

Considering the OP was talking about BUY orders……if you put in a BUY order for dusk at 10k……..yes, most likely the OP would think there was an issue.

If you could put in a 10k buy order for Dusk there would definitely be an issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Just think of the peoples faces that have the highest bids in, when it gets released in the gem store.

Confirmed, Wanze has insider info on what will be coming to the gem store! (I am kidding!)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

WTF?

If you could put in a 10k buy order for Dusk there would definitely be an issue.

Bah..you ruined my trap! *shakes fists

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Confirmed, Wanze has insider info on what will be coming to the gem store! (I am kidding!)

I couldnt care less about what they release in the gem store. And i dont trade in high value items because its stupid and unengaging. I think i have less than 10 items on stock that are worth more than 100g and i dont think i ever bought or sold anything valued higher than 200G.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

WTF?

Not sure if your trap was for me or the OP. My point was eventually going to be that a few orders at a high price, whether buy or sell, does not necessarily reflect the true price.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

It has extremely low supply and you cannot get it anywhere else in the game currently.

That and it’s a cosmetic item in a game where cosmetics are a big kittening deal.

Of course it’s going to have a steep price tag.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Bah..you ruined my trap! *shakes fists

Oh, a Forum Ranger! Did Forum Warrior get nerfed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Only drops rarely during the Winterday event (possibly only the first). So extremely limited supply. And if you are someone who likes to be able to change their looks then it may be worth that much to them.

Last one that was on the market was priced at 4999g. Time before that one was listed at 3300g. Last time there was more than one on the market at the same time was early March 2013 when they were priced around 170g.

Rare doesn’t describe it’s infrequency of one being for sale on the market.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaoda.1653

WTF?

No I wouldn’t think there is an issue because that’s a PRECURSOR which I (and I’m sure many others) expect to cost up to a couple thousand gold (or more if there is hardly any supply and people want to hoard them), but there’s ALWAYS some of them in supply.

If you take a look at all the other permanent contracts, there’s always at least 1 in supply. This particular hair style contract has had ZERO in supply for MONTHS. That is a BIG difference.

There’s also the fact that Anet hasn’t brought them back since I think it was the first Wintersday? (someone correct me if I’m wrong).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I dont’ think it matters what the buy orders is, because there isn’t even anyone selling it.

I think for 3 month, I only saw 1 being sold. It was up for a few hours and it is sold, I think for about 4,999 gold.

Not likely Anet will release any more, because they want to sell the one time in gem store. They just release the permanent one in small amount to tease you.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

WTF?

No I wouldn’t think there is an issue because that’s a PRECURSOR which I (and I’m sure many others) expect to cost up to a couple thousand gold (or more if there is hardly any supply and people want to hoard them), but there’s ALWAYS some of them in supply.

If you take a look at all the other permanent contracts, there’s always at least 1 in supply. This particular hair style contract has had ZERO in supply for MONTHS. That is a BIG difference.

There’s also the fact that Anet hasn’t brought them back since I think it was the first Wintersday? (someone correct me if I’m wrong).

I must’ve read your post and interpreted it incorrectly as I mistook it as another one of those threads you commonly see in this sub forum. I do agree with you that it is a bit ridiculous that there is now zero supply and an item such as this was limited to just Wintersday boxes rather than being included with BL chests.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I want this item so bad. But all the current ones are accountbound. There isn’t any left to be sold.

Please anet, re-release this item

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaoda.1653

@Charming Rogue, Same

Yeah I really don’t understand how it could have been SO long since Anet released this item. Did they just forget? They definitely need to look into this in my opinion.

I’m fine with items being rare and all that, but ones that haven’t been released since the first wintersday, especially when their counterparts are somewhat obtainable while this one isn’t AT ALL? Kind of unfair and ridiculous…

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaoda.1653

WTF?

I must’ve read your post and interpreted it incorrectly as I mistook it as another one of those threads you commonly see in this sub forum. I do agree with you that it is a bit ridiculous that there is now zero supply and an item such as this was limited to just Wintersday boxes rather than being included with BL chests.

No worries. I can see how it could come across as another ‘please fix, I can’t afford this item’ sort of threads.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

My guess would be that most of the buy orders are not because the player would love to change hairstyles every day, but because players think “if I get one first I can flip it and make 1000g easy.”

The problem is that the value of the item is not its utility (how many players want to change hairstyles constantly?) but because of its rarity. Reintroduce the item in sellable form and within hours dozens will be listed, driving down prices through competition and kittening off a lot of players who bought them too high.

It’s an economic crash waiting to happen. So the only thing I can see happening is if they sell an account bound version through the gem shop. But if it’s not sellable, how many people actually want one? Anet has stats for sales of regular kits, especially compared to the more useful complete makeover kits.

My guess is that sales of actual “hair style kits” are not high enough to justify reworking the permanent version for re-release, and that the demand for it actually is due to its inavailability. People tend to want the things they can’t have, and seeing an entry on the TP for an item that for practical purposes no longer exists is a huge temptation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

They are uber rare chest items. Go figure that something with such a purpose that cheats the gem prices cost SOOO much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

My guess would be that most of the buy orders are not because the player would love to change hairstyles every day, but because players think “if I get one first I can flip it and make 1000g easy.”

I don’t know about the buy orders, but there are sell orders before and none on the trading post.

So I guess people actually buy it for personal use.

People pay 3000 gold for a legendary, I don’t see why people wont’ pay more to change their hair everyday. And the item is account bound, so you can use it on all characters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

If you spent 3000 gold on gems, just how many hair style kits could you purchase though?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

3,000 gold would be about 100 kits.
(3,000 gold buys about 25,000 gems @ 120 gold per 1,000 / 250 gems per kit)

3,700 gold would get about 123ish single-use hair kits.
About 30,833 gems at the exchange of 120 gold for 1,000 gems (roughly what it was yesterday when I checked).

edit
Unless I completely screwed that math up. Which I may have.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

If you’re someone that continually changes your hairstyle then this item would be worth the cost. Otherwise, you’re just wasting your gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I would guess thousands of players want the option to swap their hair around regularly, as there are thousands of RPers. Fancy party? Time for a posh bun with gems! Stuck in the swamp duking it out with Inquest? Bring on the dirty tangle!

But it would have to be offered in line with armor sets and outfits.

I don’t think I’ve bought any kits directly, thanks to drops from chests and dailies. But I’ve been super sparing with using the ones I have, actually applying a new look only when it really is much better for the character than what I had before. If I could buy a permanent kit, I’d be very very very happy — that doesn’t mean I’m going to put up thousands of gold for it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I would not spend this amount of gold on this.

I don’t think it will ever be an offering in the gem store. BUT:

However, I’ve mentioned in a couple threads, I would pay a certain amount of gems for the option to have unlimited hairstyle and transmutation changes on a month by month basis. I can see 1600 gems being fair, but I’d leave that up to the economists to decide. I would only pay for it as long as I had the choice NOT to purchase it one month with no penalties (like a subscription fee might have) so that it was really, for sure, the customers choice to buy it each month.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I would guess thousands of players want the option to swap their hair around regularly, as there are thousands of RPers. Fancy party? Time for a posh bun with gems! Stuck in the swamp duking it out with Inquest? Bring on the dirty tangle!

But it would have to be offered in line with armor sets and outfits.

I don’t think I’ve bought any kits directly, thanks to drops from chests and dailies. But I’ve been super sparing with using the ones I have, actually applying a new look only when it really is much better for the character than what I had before. If I could buy a permanent kit, I’d be very very very happy — that doesn’t mean I’m going to put up thousands of gold for it.

There are threads requesting the makeover kits to be integrated into the Hero Panel and use “charges” or whatever for individual changes.

Players seem to be more likely to make many and frequent minor changes to their appearances for a small cost of a charge for each change (like appearance transmutations do) instead of having to spend a large amount on a one-time use item that is limited in its design, isn’t even all that functional, or even accurate to your end result after accepting changes. – Many helms do not cover the head and remove the hair, but the kit previews automatically remove any helm that is worn and blocks it from displaying in the preview so you cannot even see how your new hair or other changes will look with your equipped helm.

I really hope they are working on resolving the situation with the makeover/hair kits and are considering the suggestion to integrate character alterations for a small cost per change into the Hero Panel.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

3710g is nothing.

Some players have accumulated over 200,000 gold. 3,710 for them is a toothpick.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Guhracie.3419

3710g is nothing.

I would like a toothpick. (Do not send me your money! These forums are not a grey market.)

I couldnt care less about what they release in the gem store. And i dont trade in high value items because its stupid and unengaging. I think i have less than 10 items on stock that are worth more than 100g and i dont think i ever bought or sold anything valued higher than 200G.

I tried to make it really clear that I was joking, but okay.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charming Rogue.8071

3710g is nothing.

You don’t understand the problem. Yes, if I could fork over 4k gold for this item I would. The problem is that there are none of these items remaining to be sold. No one has an un-accountbounded item of this to sell. They have all been used and bounded to accounts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Yes, if I could fork over 4k gold for this item I would.

Really???

I changed my main’s hair 3 times since launch, and of the limited options the current one is the best. Why on earth would you spend the grind-time-equal of 4k gold for this?! Do you change your character’s hair hourly for whole weeks?

Also, this isn’t an item that’ll ever be depleted. It’s RNG. More will come.

The last I’ve seen on the supply side was listed for ~3k. While I don’t see the use for them, if I had one, I’d list it for 11k for the next rich gold farmer to give me his money.

And that’s not a lot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

But it’s unlimited on every character you ever make. 4000g translates now into roughly 160 Self-Style Hair kits. Now you have the ability to go crazy. It’s all about convenience.

Korossive, was the reason you only changed hair 3 times the cost? If you put that all behind you with a one time fee then how many times would you change your hair? It’s like the unlimited use gathering tools. You look at it from a purely economic nature the repayment time is huge. But never ever needing to worry about it? It makes it worthwhile.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

I have a few guildies who are monopolizing this market, they’re trolls to the extreme and hardly change a thing about their looks. My advice, don’t buy it and it will get fixed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

It’s not “broken”. Nobody is selling any. If nobody is selling any but players desire it, bids go up in an attempt to lure one out.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

I have a few guildies who are monopolizing this market, they’re trolls to the extreme and hardly change a thing about their looks. My advice, don’t buy it and it will get fixed.

I don’t even know there are people still selling them. I only saw 1 up for sell in the past few month.

The last time I saw one being sold, I asked people if they can lend me money, because I would totally pay 4000 gold for it. If I sold all my items I would have 4000 gold, I just dont’ have that much pure cash.

Is there any more being sold the past few days. I kind of stopped playing GW2 due to real life issue, so I dont’ know what’s going on with the market recently.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lewi.5497

lewi.5497

prices are going out of controle because ppl still buying them just don’t buy it otherwise
you’re drifting away by the economics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

prices are going out of controle because ppl still buying them just don’t buy it otherwise
you’re drifting away by the economics

I highly suggest you take an hour or two and learn basic economics. Reading about how they apply to game economies doesn’t help either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

3710g is nothing.

You don’t understand the problem. Yes, if I could fork over 4k gold for this item I would. The problem is that there are none of these items remaining to be sold. No one has an un-accountbounded item of this to sell. They have all been used and bounded to accounts.

Which is info you can’t possibly verify or know. Granted the number is exceptionally low or maybe it is zero, but you can’t say how many are out there that could be sold.

On top of all of this, these are still a drop from Black Lion Chests. An insanely rare drop but they can drop as can the other permanent service items (TP/Bank/Merch). So they can still be acquired but the chances are extremely, agonizingly low it seems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Guhracie.3419

3710g is nothing.

Which is info you can’t possibly verify or know. Granted the number is exceptionally low or maybe it is zero, but you can’t say how many are out there that could be sold.

On top of all of this, these are still a drop from Black Lion Chests. An insanely rare drop but they can drop as can the other permanent service items (TP/Bank/Merch). So they can still be acquired but the chances are extremely, agonizingly low it seems.

The hair kit and the total makeover kits that drop from black lion chests are not the permanent ones- they’re consumables, just like you’d buy from the gem store. According to the wiki, the black lion chests have never dropped the permanent hairstyle kit.

Edit: The wiki page for the item itself says that it has a chance to drop from Black Lion Chests, even though the page for the BLCs indicates they were only available from the mystery wintersday boxes. The utter absence of them on the TP makes me think that the page for the item is misinformed, but it would be nice to get some official confirmation on this.

-Mike O’Brien

(edited by Guhracie.3419)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

3710g is nothing.

The permanent hair style license is an “event” item that only drop in wintersday 2 years ago.

There have only been 1 sell order “I noticed” the past half year. I dont’ know if any have been bought through buy order, but I only noticed one being sold for the last half year. (maybe someone can check spidy).

I don’t know how people can even buy it. Because there isn’t even any sell order. There might be some seller really patiently waiting. Or there might be some returner who quit the game who still owns it.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have one simple question, why do you care?
i mean, if you’re gonna buy it then it might be an issue to you but keep in mind, things like that are luxury items not made for the casuals, just as legendaries are.
sure i would love to have one but if can’t pay for it i am not gonna complain about it on the forums, i still love to have twilight and the exterminator but as long as the prices are high and the gold acquire rate is low (for what i do) then i don’t have any thought of buying it just yet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charming Rogue.8071

More won’t come, because it doesn’t drop anymore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Pretty sure they still come out of BL chests…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

Normally I’d agree with you Grimm, but not a single person has come out and said they’ve gotten one since 2 wintersdays. And even an object of this rarity would still see a drop every once in a while. Look at the chaos of lyssa pre patch. It was insanely rare and still, a few people got it. We would see that here.

The only ones being sold are ones that people have hoarded or signed on for the first time in a year and said “Oh wow I still have that!”

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Normally I’d agree with you Grimm, but not a single person has come out and said they’ve gotten one since 2 wintersdays. And even an object of this rarity would still see a drop every once in a while. Look at the chaos of lyssa pre patch. It was insanely rare and still, a few people got it. We would see that here.

The only ones being sold are ones that people have hoarded or signed on for the first time in a year and said “Oh wow I still have that!”

Assuming they have the same drop rate, consider how many people open black lion chests vs how many were opening gauntlet chances (including how numerous those were). I’m not saying whether it drops or not but I had to point that out as it is a factor to consider.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

Assuming they have the same drop rate, consider how many people open black lion chests vs how many were opening gauntlet chances (including how numerous those were). I’m not saying whether it drops or not but I had to point that out as it is a factor to consider.

I suppose that’s a factor but the difference is.. well not everyone did the gauntlet (like I didn’t). Not everyone buys keys. But everyone gets them for personal story stuff and map completion occasionally. Plus key farmers. I think that if they existed in the black lion chests we would see a few pop up every week or month even. But we aren’t seeing that.

[ARES]

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

You’re right, far more BL chests are opened, because this happens constantly over a period of years instead of in a burst over a few weeks.

If they actually came from BL chests they would appear on the TP around the same rate that BL weapon skins do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

This is probably the one item that I would pay 2000 gems for. Though, the likelyhood of them releasing in the gem store… I’m not going to hold my breath, or anything.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Just sell the item in the gem store already. People would pay so much gems for this, the demand is there. Please no more BLC crap.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Pretty sure they still come out of BL chests…..

I think you mean permanent bank, permanent merchant, and permanent trading post. Those do still drop.

You can just check the trading post yourself. Type “permanent” and click search. There are always tones of permanent bank or merchant being sold and always 0 permanent hair being sold.