3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fernandinajazz.4068

fernandinajazz.4068

How can someone have enough gold to put up a 3800 gold lemon??

Attachments:

Jazzy Turrets [SoF] – Engineer

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Norb.4253

Norb.4253

Maybe they’re going to have a lemon party.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

I thought lemons could not be sold since they are souldbound? Am I wrong and something has changed?

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fernandinajazz.4068

fernandinajazz.4068

Its a buy order but to even put up an order that high you’d have to have the gold to back it.

Jazzy Turrets [SoF] – Engineer

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: yertle.5837

yertle.5837

Godskull/precursors.

say 800g made from godskulls (lowish estimate)
= 13 precursors @ 60g
= 13*400g at current prices
= 4400g after fees.

And yes, people did make that much on forging precursors from godskulls.

That is $1500 on black market or an ungodly amount of gems.

Acenn (Thief)
also L80 Ele/Necro/Mesmer
IoJ

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

ill just go cry in my corner now.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Ive made over 700g so far with flipping stuff, and im a casual player.

And the item your looking at is

[Legendary Yellow Lemon]

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

I thought it would be funny to list a lemon for 250g to put it in the value list in between precursors. Someone saw it and topped me by far.

3800g is the most money I’ve ever seen ingame. I suppose it’s possible if you continually play the TP as the higher you invest, the higher payoff you can potentially get.

Attachments:

(edited by neoxide.7320)

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

neoxide.7320

Its a buy order but to even put up an order that high you’d have to have the gold to back it.

Not really. All lemons in the game are soulbound on aquire. There is no risk in posting an offer for an item that cannot be traded, and there is no tax on posting offers. It basically serves as a bank that everyone can see.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: euphoria.2495

euphoria.2495

Haha, just imagine how that person would feel if Anet made lemons tradeable.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ulquiorra.6903

^ most regular players wont be able to even sell it to him since there would be a 570g listing fee.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I thought there was a max amount items on the TP could be listed as, like 999 gold.

Is that only for sell offers?

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

I think that someone who exploited the game is now laughing his/hers kitten off now. Just to put such an order you need aroung 190g, so yeah… Good for him. And most likely, nothing bad will happen to him/her.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Clark Skinner.4902

Anet please sell this person a lemon and divy the proceeds to all players. They really do have all of our money.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ulquiorra.6903

I think that someone who exploited the game is now laughing his/hers kitten off now. Just to put such an order you need aroung 190g, so yeah… Good for him. And most likely, nothing bad will happen to him/her.

there is no tax on buy orders….example see below.

Attachments:

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Dunno, they probably put it up there as a troll for just this to happen. lol

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

This is a bug. We are aware of it and are working to resolve it.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Its a serious exploit as it can ruin the market on the brokenness of orders. As prices are directly affected by buy orders only.

This is getting out of hand.

First we had orders of 1 copper or any amount below merchant price to devalue all items and prevent sales. This was done by botters/hackers.

The same holds true for the 3800 g lemon, its an exploit or is a hack being used to mess up the TP. Granted, it can’t be bought or sold yet…

Anet needs to find security holes in their game to stop this nonsense.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

@ Magnetron: What are you flipping? I haven’t found anything to be worth flipping yet because of listing fee + tax

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Well i use the power of the mystic forge, and a good dosis of luck

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

Godskull/precursors.

= 13 precursors @ 60g
= 4400g after fees.

froging precursors from godskulls? did they change something about the formulas in the mystic forge or something? i haven’t really tried this yet, but i believe to get one you’d have to be incredibly lucky.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magikker.9243

Magikker.9243

Godskull/precursors.

= 13 precursors @ 60g
= 4400g after fees.

froging precursors from godskulls? did they change something about the formulas in the mystic forge or something? i haven’t really tried this yet, but i believe to get one you’d have to be incredibly lucky.

Yeah, it was a bug. You could fairly commonly get a precursor from two lvl 65 godskull rares and two… other rares… I forget the exact details. But some people used this bug extensively. It was known in some circles for a month or more before the bug was fixed. Knowing it was bug I never tried it, but I know people that used it a lot and nothing ever happened to them.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

To be more clear. The ability to post buy orders for account bound items is a bug we are working on.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

The Godskull bug is a significant possibility, but it’s not the only way for someone to have 3800G, and many of the others are entirely legitimate.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

neoxide.7320

Its a serious exploit as it can ruin the market on the brokenness of orders. As prices are directly affected by buy orders only.

First we had orders of 1 copper or any amount below merchant price to devalue all items and prevent sales. This was done by botters/hackers.

The same holds true for the 3800 g lemon, its an exploit or is a hack being used to mess up the TP. Granted, it can’t be bought or sold yet…

It’s not an exploit nor is it a hack nor is it a bot. You probably don’t understand the situation because you’re describing something that doesn’t exist.

Basically this player is just posting an offer for an item which can’t be traded since it’s account bound. Nobody can accept his offer because it’s not tradable thus the wealthy player can offer all of his gold. Since valued list is categorized by offer value, you can send any untradable item to the top of the list if you offer more than what’s currently on the list.

Only thing remotely fishy about this ordeal is that some guy has 3800g to throw around. It’s possible to obtain that much gold but takes a lot of observation, timing, and repeated luck.

(edited by neoxide.7320)

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

It’s not an exploit nor is it a hack nor is it a bot. You probably don’t understand the situation because you’re describing something that doesn’t exist.

Basically this player is just posting an offer for an item which can’t be traded since it’s account bound. Nobody can accept his offer because it’s not tradable thus the wealthy player can offer all of his gold. Since valued list is categorized by offer value, you can send any untradable item to the top of the list if you offer more than what’s currently on the list.

Only thing remotely fishy about this ordeal is that some guy has 3800g to throw around. It’s possible to obtain that much gold but takes a lot of observation, timing, and repeated luck.

How do you explain the orders below merchant value then? We can no longer do that and yet that still persists!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

Those buy orders were put up before that change was made. Functionally, their presence or absence makes no difference at all; the worst it can do is be an annoyance. I expect people are gradually taking them down to get their money back; perhaps ArenaNet will automatically cancel and refund all of them at some point.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

How do you explain the orders below merchant value then? We can no longer do that and yet that still persists!

i’ve read a dev post (by John Smith who posted in this thread as well, i believe) stating that they removed the ability to post orders below merchant value. though they still had to do some cleaning up with the orders that were already placed by the time the change went live.

but i am not sure whether this is the same thing you’re still seeing today, as the post i mentioned above is fairly old now.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

neoxide.7320

I’m not even talking about that. I’m addressing what you’re saying about the 3800g lemon.

I don’t know anything about the other issue you mentioned.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Previously, it was possible to put up buy orders below merchant price. Nobody was ever forced to sell at that price, and people have always been able to offer more if they had a genuine interest in getting the item.

Currently, it is not possible to do this, but there are some old orders left over. Still nobody has been forced to sell at that price, and still people can offer more.

In the future, once these old orders have been removed from TP, there will be NO outstanding orders for those items. Not because these people somehow manipulated the market, but because the items in question are either a) garbage and nobody actually wants them, or b) the sell price is already close enough to vendor that the buyers don’t care, or c) the item is time-sensitive, like low-level gear, and doesn’t make sense to post offers that have to be waited on.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magikker.9243

Luck only exists on relatively small sample sizes.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Clark Skinner.4902

I occasionally see SELL orders below venor price.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

You do not need to pay a 5% fee to put in an order. You need to pay the whole amount.

Unless it is a double bug, first where you can put a buy order for non-tradeble items and second where you don’t have to pay the money in advance.

Me think this is a fogotten item from exploiters that use the TP to shift money back and forth.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

That should be old orders from the beginning of the TP. They need to clean those up, they are very, very annoying

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Maybe they’re going to have a lemon party.

Can’t believe no one ITT got the joke.

(edited by Iehova.9518)

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Clark Skinner.4902

That should be old orders from the beginning of the TP. They need to clean those up, they are very, very annoying

No they are the lowest price for sale. When I see them I buy them and resell to a vendor for slight profit.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

To be more clear. The ability to post buy orders for account bound items is a bug we are working on.

I love how this game economy reflects a real economy so well. There’s very small group of obscenely rich people, but most of us are dirt poor and scurrying about looking for work to pay for equipment repairs. :P

Looks like Mitt Romney wanted to buy a lemon. lmao

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

3800 Gold rofl…^^

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

ANet should fill the order … and watch the player have a meltdown at all their lost coin

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

I really hope this isnt someone who wrote a market bot to auto flip items. 3800 gold looks to be nothing with such tool.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

It’s an ascended lemon!

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I really hope this isnt someone who wrote a market bot to auto flip items.

Is this even possible?

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

I saw this in game the other day, when somebody mentioned the lemon in Lion’s Arch. lol

ANet should fill the order … and watch the player have a meltdown at all their lost coin

LOL. Anet should hide one sell-able, lemon somewhere in the world. :p

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

There are a tiny fraction of people who have that much gold in this game. (Remember the screen shot from the guy with 80k gems?) Those people are basically playing a different game than us. Kudos to Anet for trying to keep up with those few while also trying to satisfy the masses.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magikker.9243

I really hope this isnt someone who wrote a market bot to auto flip items.

Is this even possible?

In real markets it’s common. Most trades are conducted by algorithms. There are also firm out there who make a living “flipping items” expect in the real economy it’s called market making. They put out buy and sell orders on the same stock. This helps the market in that if someone wants to sell stock there’s always someone willing to buy it, and vice versa. They make a little bit of money per trade but trade constantly, so they can make quite a bit.

Actually, market making was the legitimate side of Bernie Madoff’s business.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Clark Skinner.4902

Except in the real world you can’t buy and instantly sell something for profit. And in the stock market, no one has to wait to buy stocks to level their crafting or to equip them. Everyone there is just buying with plans to resell later at a higher price.

Also, I have seen a bot at the TP botting away, and with patterns I’ve seen with mass buying and selling at patterned prices and near-instant reposting of buy orders when it gets outbid, I am sure there have been bots on the TP since late September.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magikker.9243

Except in the real world you can’t buy and instantly sell something for profit. And in the stock market, no one has to wait to buy stocks to level their crafting or to equip them. Everyone there is just buying with plans to resell later at a higher price.

Also, I have seen a bot at the TP botting away, and with patterns I’ve seen with mass buying and selling at patterned prices and near-instant reposting of buy orders when it gets outbid, I am sure there have been bots on the TP since late September.

As far as buying and selling stuff instantly in the real world… you kinda can. But don’t mistake explanation of what is possible with what should be going on in the game. After my experience with Diablo 3 I’m wary of the impact markets on game worlds.

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Clark Skinner.4902

you missed “instantly sell something for profit

3800 Gold Lemon?!?!?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

If I were an ANet developer I would just force 1 lemon through to the buyer and take that gold out of the economy.