500,000 Locked Black Lion Chests

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BrutikusIV.1827

BrutikusIV.1827

on the trader and rising. Next month they’re will be 2.5 million LOCKED chests on the trader. Average person on a good average day of play can gain 10+ chests. That’s up to $350 a month your asking your customers to pay for these silly minor pixelated fantasy land buffs and perks. How is it that the simple concept of making items affordable means you can sell 1000x more. Henry Ford understould this. If an item is FREE and you can sell it to 5% of the poplation for $1 when does the lightbulb turn on that 90% of population may purchase it if it’s priced at $.20 for astonishing profits and increased sales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

I would rather them decrease the drop rate of the chests, as I get them almost as much as I whites. I get yellows less often than I get chests.

However, I agree that if they dropped the prices of the keys, I am betting more people would buy them.

No game company besides Valve has gotten micro transactions correct. Valve has about 40+% buying stuff for real money, while most other games have 5% ish.

That is right ANet. Give us hats, and we will spend our money! (Of course, they would have to be the transmutation thing, so you can put the look of your hat with the stats).

(edited by DoctorWhy.3847)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Ah, Black Lion Chests. The penny stocks of the trading post.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BrutikusIV.1827

BrutikusIV.1827

Everyone I know loves to loot chests. Such a nice habbit. Heck Borderlands built it’s entire franchise off of Infinite loot that goes on and on and on and on and on….
I think whoever is making the calls about pricing on items isn’t intune with A: Their value. B: The Greater Percent of Customers finances ( not many can spend $400/mo. just for /.1% of the games design layout). Almost everyone I know has hundreds of these things with zero intention of opening them at $2 a pc.. Heck @$.25/key is honostly overpriced when you consider 10/day and its % of consumption of the game. It’s like chests are what % of the games content ? 1% ? 2%? 5%? Weighing those percentages and what AN wants us to spend daily I’m guessing their message currently is spend $500/day( worst case average but nonetheless statistically a factional reallity. Now on the other end maybe they’ve got theirselves convinced that everyone will save those chests for 4-48 months and eventually get around to saying awww I wanna see what I can get out of those. But that’s a horrible horrible horrrible idea if so simply because the only content they contain is 90% effective only while leveling and grinding.

SOOOOOO. Long story short everything related around these chests is horribly mismanaged in every concept. Guess they’re will someday be 999,999,999,999,999 black lion chests on the trader rofl

(edited by BrutikusIV.1827)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Liope.2948

Liope.2948

+1 for this, at the current drop rate/ key price we need a fortune to open the chests

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I had the luck of a key dropping recently and then four more keys dropping off the chests themselves.

Yes – at the current price I am not inclined to buy the keys. However, compared to the prices of the consumables you get it’s not too bad, it’s just that for me it’s more of a bonus.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

I have a very nice income IRL and I won’t buy the keys, its a blatant rip off.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

yeah i had accumulated over 50 chests so far, and wondered where all the keys were at. looked them up on the TP, and was shocked that 5/125 deal. that is expensive. maybe i will just give them away, or something.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

The current price of a key when buying with gold is 80 silver, that’s just not worth it.
BTW keys drop from mobs too, i’ve gotten a fair few but they only drop in certain areas.
The whole gem store is now way overpriced. Either way it was overpriced if paying real money too, i dunno they need to look at lotro, best ingame store around.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

I think I’d be interested at about 20s a key.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

I think I’d be interested at about 20s a key.

1s a key, and not a copper more. Honestly, the chests sell for 3c each, and would be less escept, lets be honest, I don’t think the TP will let them go at 2c each.

I wish A.Net would understand the value of something.

There is no value in 3 mystery tonics. I use them immediatley upon getting, just for teh sake of clearing out an inventory slot.

I made some pretty sound suggestions about what to put in the chests to make them more desirable and actually worth buying keys for. But hoestly, the prices of those keys would still make people balk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

As I have posted repeatedly in this and other games…

50% of something is worth infinitely more than 100% of nothing

And the latter is mostly what you’re going to get at these prices.

Unlike physical items, virtual items are created ONCE, and only one needs to be stored in order to be sold multiple times.

So the overhead is extremely minimal with virtual items. Pass half that savings on to your customers and you’ll make twice the money you make now.

Or you can continue to be penny wise and pound foolish.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

WTF! black lion chests just went from 3c to 45c and the supply is dropped from 500k to 95k. They going to be used in the upcoming event or something? did the test server come out recently for private beta testers? Some items have shifted really high lately.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

WTF! black lion chests just went from 3c to 45c and the supply is dropped from 500k to 95k. They going to be used in the upcoming event or something? did the test server come out recently for private beta testers? Some items have shifted really high lately.

From https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

Halloween with the Black Lion Trading Company

Available from October 22 to November 5

All kinds of tricks and treats are coming to the Gem Store this Halloween. Costumes that grant spooky skills, tonics that transform you into ghouls and ghosts, creepy crawly minis to follow you around. And don’t forget to pick up your free devil horns before they disappear!

The Black Lion Chest is getting a spooky upgrade for Halloween. Between October 23 and November 5 each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!

emphasis mine

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

i Hope ANet realese different chests so these kitten resellers lose all thier money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, unless ANet improve the rate at which BL keys drop, I guess I’m going to be selling my stockpile of BLC’s in my bank! No doubt I’ll rebuild this stockpile before long after Halloween is over.

The disparity between the supply of Chests and Keys is really out of hand though. My suggestion would be to include a BLK as part of the Daily reward, and perhaps 10 Keys as part of the Monthly reward. That way, players can at least get some more mileage out of their chests, but the supply of chests is still high enough that there will still be people buying keys from the Gem Store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

See my trouble is this:

I do not mind spending irl cash on game shops. I spent over £600 on APB:Reloaded. But I am currently working my first character.

The boosts in the chests would be nice to help me reach max and buy all the spunky lvl80 gear but then I see 25 locked chests and it would cost 2,250 gems to buy keys for them all. I’d have to buy the 2800gem/$29.50 deal.

But… my chara is lvl76! What use will I have for XP, karma or gold boosts when my chara is already maxed and has all the gear I want? So I will end up just using up the boosts to get rid of them, along with those mystery tonics.

Probably the only way to solve this (in my case at least) is if there was a preview mode for the TP. If I see 3 items with identical/near identical stats… one is 80b, one is 1s 40b and the other is 4g, which one looks the most attractive? I could buy the 4g one and hate it, or the 80b one and transmute it into a design I know and like. Buying the expensive one is a gamble which I cannot afford to take. Now if I could see what I was buying first, I may have incentive to buy the expensive one, in which case I would appreciate the boosts, if you get my meaning.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tooslow.7801

tooslow.7801

Ah. So someone is buying up the supply of BLCs to re-list once the event is on-going. They’re definitely not buying that many chests to open them – it would cost a fortune.

The peak price for BLC will be during the event so hold on to them until then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

It will be interesting to see if people will actually buy the chests for the event… Don’t most players have like 50+ in the bank by now? I’ve opened about 20 ish using keys I’ve gotten while playing, and still have over 100 locked ones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Well, I’ve only been playing 3 weeks and I must have nearly 30 in the bank that I never got keys for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tooslow.7801

I think some people will buy them up to open them – just like scratch cards really.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

and once people realize drop rate is low, or you don’t really need so much chests, prices will drop back down. Kudos to people who made a killing with these stuff. :P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shahotinaro.9250

Shahotinaro.9250

Meh, could go either way, and it would depend on if the skins are soulbound or not..

[CORE] is recruiting. http://4thecore.net/
[US First] Complete FotM 50

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

why open them when most of the time they give junk? a potion that turns you into an animal and a 30min buff. no ty.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tooslow.7801

why open them when most of the time they give junk? a potion that turns you into an animal and a 30min buff. no ty.

You may have missed the bit about rare skins being available from chests for the duration of the Halloween event.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

to quote the risen “it begins”

I’m very conflicted about Anet putting holiday skins in the chest. If the skins were BLTC themed skins it would be fine but these are holiday theme skins… it feels shady that they make them available only by gambling.

Again if Anet decides to add BLTC theme skins to the chest I’m fine with that, BUT holiday theme skins make me very uncomfortable. Wished they just added the skins to the gem shop directly and make the chest rewards complete separate from the game world.

It’s a slippery slope the one Anet is on right now.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I think you’re asking for the wrong thing. Why would you ask for a lower drop rate? That shouldn’t encourage more people to open them.

You should be asking for either a cheaper key price or higher valued items into the chest. The supply/demand of the chest is not going to altar my desire to open it.

RIP in peace Robert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

yea seriously,at least make them a yellow rare item,not everyone spent cash to unlock them,heck some ppl who spent cash aren’t even keen to buy keys

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hired Hench.8710

Hired Hench.8710

The only items in the chests that are worth anything to me, is the boosters and the occasional key to unlock more chests, for more boosters.. I have no intention of using the other items provided, all they do is take up space in the bank since you can’t sell account-bound items. Too many items ingame is account-bound imo. I don’t have a desire to change into something furry for 30min, but some players might have..?!

Shouldn’t I be able to sell such items to other players then? Which would probably result in a similar flood of such items at Auction for a ridiculously low price, same as chests… Right now I have space left in the bank, but as soon as it gets crowded, the items found in BL Chests will be the first to go. Sad really.. With this being said, I can’t understand why anyone would buy keys for gems? Even during Halloween..! The only thing I find worthy of spending gems on is bank tabs, which fills up fast due to “pointless/countless bound PvE/PvP items” and because there’s no collection tab for rare crafting mats..?!

The only reason why I go on like this is because I really love the way the game plays, story, combat and so forth.. Until the economy/crafting systems gets overhauled, I have a hard time seeing those aspects of the game matching up to other competitive titles..

Feel free to add your point of views..!