800 gems for a vuvuzuela

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Thanks anet, this is what we needed. Last nail in the coffin.

What does everyone else think of this wonderful piece of music equipment now available in the rng-store for a mere 800 gems, or 26 gold – The marriners horn, or vuvuzela as I like to call it.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

(edited by Gasoline.2570)

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I like it.
Not much of a musician myself, but happy for those that likes to play a bit.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Lol oh stop whining , if you don’t like the thing then dont get it . If you lack the funds to get it then thats always room for begging in LA

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malekkai.9546

Malekkai.9546

Have no idea what it sounds like. Anyone got a video?

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Needed? Why exactly do we need a musical instrument in GW2?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I can’t believe Anet really make this.
I was expecting some kind of learn to dance kitten with pre-made tunes but they really did it in the right way this time but…
800 GEMS??? For something useless I will use only while waiting for some afkers in a dungeon run? NO TY!

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I haven’t seen it yet nor am I musically inclined, but some creative people may want a permanent instrument. I’ve read about LotRO having lots of instruments and players have created ingame bands to play concerts.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Just bought one, it’s pretty similar to the choir bell, except that you can hold notes now, and it sounds like a horn. In regards to not having pre-made tunes built in, learn to play, it’s not that kittence you get some practice in. And the gold price is still lower than unbreakable choir bells.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Sounds like a trumpet. I was just watching someone play the Star Wars theme on it in LA. Very cool little item, and not RNG based like the bells were, which I hope would make a lot of people happy.

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

For the love of all that is holy, please remove this from the store and make it a reward for some kind of musical talent challenge. A test of the emergency broadcast system is more pleasant than some of the sounds I’m hearing from this thing in game…

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I don’t have it but I like it. I prefer it more than the choir bell. I hope they never take it down so I have enough time to farm for those gems.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Thanks anet, this is what we needed.

I agree! Anet should put out more awesome toys like this.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This is now Lion’s Arch in GW2:

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eidola.9148

Eidola.9148

As I posted under Suggestions, they just need to add a volume slider for Player Music so we can turn down (or off) player generated music.

Would solve lots of ear bleeding from people spamming single notes or practicing their music in busy areas!

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Needed? Why exactly do we need a musical instrument in GW2?

To start a band! First the Wintersday Bell, and now the Horn. Just need something like drums and we’ll have the base of making really good music

Nothing brings a world together to fight an evil trying to wipe out everything than music!

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You should need to pass some sort of music test before being allowed to buy that thing… The amount of racket in LA is deafening.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I am glad I didn’t buy it on impulse because I’m a horrible musician and this would just be a haunting reminder of it lol, but my god do I love it being added!! There was a little band of charr and asura playing different songs in DR today, I love seeing that!! I hope they add more instruments for the people that like them =D!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Why is the OP under the impression that the Marriner’s Horn is a vuvuzela? The Marriner’s Horn has the ability to play more than one note, much like a normal trumpet, where as the vuvuzela can only play one …. annoying…. note.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

where as the vuvuzela can only play one …. annoying…. note.

That’s exactly what people is doing with the horn…

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Well all the notes are annoying

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Final nail in the coffin? A bit dramatic. But it’s one thing I’ve decided not to buy, it just doesn’t appeal to me, but glad to see other people are getting enjoyment from it :-)

It takes me back to my Lord of the Rings online days, when people used to play musical instruments.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I do want drums, mandolin, hard, pianoforte or clavecimble.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

now we need drums, flute and lute

(edited by Flubble.8093)

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

You don’t like Vuvuzuela concerts?

Attachments:

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I bought it to annoy people with. Single high pitched note in LA, thats me.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who saw the horn and immediately thought “vuvuzela”. XD That said, I think the benefits of the horn outweigh the negatives. Sure, we have trolls spamming it now, but the same people did the same thing with the Choir Bells back in Wintersday, and how often do you see them now? The novelty will wear off within a few weeks.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Sure.. and Anet thanks you very much for your 800 gems, for nothing. Either be a victim of a gimmick and be thoroughly annoying to anyone that hears you try to play either one note or a tune, or follow the hoarder’s mantra and just hang on to your horn until you might have use of it one day.

There is a third option, and that’s to just not go there at all. Consider wants and needs, and you’ll soon find out that no one (no matter how much they try to convince you otherwise) ‘needs’ a horn. Those 800 gems could be better utilised on an unbreakable harvesting tool, for instance. The long-term benefits of that far outweigh the initial cost, and are nothing like as annoying.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Headless.3718

Headless.3718

Sure.. and Anet thanks you very much for your 800 gems, for nothing. Either be a victim of a gimmick and be thoroughly annoying to anyone that hears you try to play either one note or a tune, or follow the hoarder’s mantra and just hang on to your horn until you might have use of it one day.

There is a third option, and that’s to just not go there at all. Consider wants and needs, and you’ll soon find out that no one (no matter how much they try to convince you otherwise) ‘needs’ a horn. Those 800 gems could be better utilised on an unbreakable harvesting tool, for instance. The long-term benefits of that far outweigh the initial cost, and are nothing like as annoying.

So Anet should remove everything from the store except gathering tools and buffs?

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I like it and have one. I practice in isolated areas of the map. I’m still not very good but will hopefully get better soon so I can use it in certain RP situations. I am willing to wager that the number of people using to annoy others will go down once the novelty of it is reduced.

The Burninator

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

I wouldn’t mind if it was less than 800 gems. That’s a new character slot.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I wouldn’t spend $10 on a real vuvuzuela.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

So Anet should remove everything from the store except gathering tools and buffs?

Nice idea, but no. No real practicality about that.. there’ll always be someone else up in arms about something the BLTC offers that annoys the crap out of others. The amount of gimmicky stuff really irks me, but I’m only one small voice in a much larger chorus on this.

There’s another thread on this already, about what we’d like to see ANet put into the BLTC as a matter of suggestions, and to my mind it always has to be something that is worth the investment (seen the gold <→ gems trading rates lately?) and practical in the game. It doesn’t always have to be just about ‘fun’ and pleasing the lower end of the player demographics/age, because this is precisely what makes me not want to go anywhere near the gem store.

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Headless.3718

… and to my mind it always has to be something that is worth the investment (seen the gold <-> gems trading rates lately?) and practical in the game. …

So buffs and gathering tools.

It doesn’t always have to be just about ‘fun’ and pleasing the lower end of the player demographics/age, because this is precisely what makes me not want to go anywhere near the gem store.

There a more than enough people who buy these kind of items from the store so i’m perfectly fine with releases like that. And what is that BS about lower end of the demographics/age?

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

If you think we’re all kids that play this game then you’re only fooling yourself.

From the “What do you want to see in the BLTC” (or similar wording) thread…

squashedsquirrel.5408

Please please please limit the silly. There is so much silly right now. Cute hats, squishy cute backpack covers, town clothes themselves are silly…

I believe this says it best.

(edited by Valandil Dragonhart.2371)

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Headless.3718

If you think we’re all kids that play this game then you’re only fooling yourself.

Where did i say that?

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

I think people should be allowed to display their musical talents/intuition/skill/etc…

Only problem is that this instrument opens up room for a LOT of trolling/near enough griefing of other players, due to its harsh sound.

Far Shiverpeaks

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

I think people should be allowed to display their musical talents/intuition/skill/etc…

Only problem is that this instrument opens up room for a LOT of trolling/near enough griefing of other players, due to its harsh sound.

extremely easy solution to this and it’s shocked me that no one has thought of it, to stop people from trolling just block them, when you block someone it should mute all sound produced by that character simple

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

800 gems for a vuvuzuela

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I think the price is a bit steep. I’ve been considering buying the marriners horn (I loved the bell choir but never got an unbreakable bell), and if it was 400 I’d definitely buy it. it just seems 10€ for a simple (and very limited) musical instrument is way too much.

in addition I think they could’ve done a better job with the controls. scale switching should work via modifier keys, imho. recording/replay is also missing. synced play with others as well. to cut it short: other games managed a lot more with instruments which didn’t cost 10€ each – kinda disappointing.

in regards to the trolling potential:
the only way trolling would stop, is if they would make rules against trolling/griefing and enforce them. there are a few people who only play because they can aggravate others and they like it. they will find ways to follow their hobby no matter the technical limitations. it’s like with pets, you have to be able to say ‘bad doggy’ and refuse them their treat (in this case the high of griefing someone, i.e. by a temp ban) for them to learn what behavior isn’t acceptable. as long as there are no mods/GM’s online who react quickly and decisively upon such reports, nothing will ever change and GW2 will be an ideal environment for griefers (see all the ‘I got kicked from dungeon before boss’ posts etc)