About placing orders...

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Erebus.6893

Erebus.6893

I honestly think the “placing order” system needs some kind of adjustment.

Mainly regarding the fact that, for example, you place an order of 100G for an item, then 1 minute later you get some yo-yo that places an order of 100G and 1 copper.

Another minute goes by, you see a string of orders that are each 1 copper higher.

Seriously, this is silly and childish, which is exactly why real auctions don’t work this way.

You won’t see an item at the bid of a million dollars receiving the next bid of 1 million dollars and 1 cent in any auction event. There’s some kind of minimum percentage one has to add to the current bid to form a legitimate bid.

I am hoping that something similar can be added to the “place order” system of the TP.

Thank you.

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Nah, that would just help people that are trying to hike up the price on stuff. It’s fine as is.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The trading post is simply another form of PvP.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if you don’t want people outbidding you, stop being cheap and offer a reasonable price.

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bonius.9427

Bonius.9427

if you don’t want people outbidding you, stop being cheap and offer a reasonable price.

It doesn’t really work like that… I’m “playing the TP” alot during a day, and the same applies for every single item out there. Take the aether keys for example, that was a really profitable item to buy and trade since it was going extremely fast.

Over the course of a day it’s gone from a goldmine to more or less useless, simply because people are able to do these +-1c bids/sales. It’s rather annoying having to ship silly amounts of items only to make a decent profit worthwhile.

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

It’d be nice if we had a less kitten way to update a buy order on an item.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

It’d be nice if we had a less kitten way to update a buy order on an item.

Agreed. +1

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It doesn’t really work like that… I’m “playing the TP” alot during a day, and the same applies for every single item out there. Take the aether keys for example, that was a really profitable item to buy and trade since it was going extremely fast.

Over the course of a day it’s gone from a goldmine to more or less useless, simply because people are able to do these +-1c bids/sales. It’s rather annoying having to ship silly amounts of items only to make a decent profit worthwhile.

So you are upset that the price of Aether Key Pieces reached an equilibrium as driven by market forces (ie supply going up while demand stays the same). Oh well?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

I honestly think the “placing order” system needs some kind of adjustment.

Mainly regarding the fact that, for example, you place an order of 100G for an item, then 1 minute later you get some yo-yo that places an order of 100G and 1 copper.

Another minute goes by, you see a string of orders that are each 1 copper higher.

Seriously, this is silly and childish, which is exactly why real auctions don’t work this way.

You won’t see an item at the bid of a million dollars receiving the next bid of 1 million dollars and 1 cent in any auction event. There’s some kind of minimum percentage one has to add to the current bid to form a legitimate bid.

I am hoping that something similar can be added to the “place order” system of the TP.

Thank you.

worst thing:
i observed 1 item a few hours, no price change, not even a few copper.
i made a buyorder, and ONE SECOND, and i mean 1 !!! secon later, someone places an order of 1 copper more.
that happens more often… kitten these tp bots.

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bonius.9427

So you are upset that the price of Aether Key Pieces reached an equilibrium as driven by market forces (ie supply going up while demand stays the same). Oh well?

Equilibrium my kitten. I was watching it for over 8 hours. Every 20 minutes (on the clock), someone was undercutting the market by atleast 30%, and the second after a -1c post appeared with a very large quantity of items, steadily driving the market down the toilet.

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Alternatively, you can use buy orders to artificially drive up the price – and dump your stuff when the buy order price is “right”. It is remarkably easy to do this with slow moving items. I don’t like to do this, and as a result mostly refrained from doing so. The times that I did try, however, it was a walk in the park.

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bonius.9427

Alternatively, you can use buy orders to artificially drive up the price – and dump your stuff when the buy order price is “right”. It is remarkably easy to do this with slow moving items. I don’t like to do this, and as a result mostly refrained from doing so. The times that I did try, however, it was a walk in the park.

It would have to be a very low-quantity trade then, otherwise it just gets outspammed.

About placing orders...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

It would have to be a very low-quantity trade then, otherwise it just gets outspammed.

My multiple buy offers (which created the illusion of several interested buyers) were certainly low quantity. The guys that “out-buy offered” me made the mistake of placing buy orders for huge quantities. Again, I’m not proud of having done this, just saying – in the context of OP’s discussion – that it’s very easy to replicate this trick.