Add empyreal dragonite bloodstne to TP/wallet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

We want to dump empyreal, dragonite, and bloodstone on the Trading Post please. They clog up a lot of inventories and don’t have much uses.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

Why not? I think their prices would stabilize around a couple of silvers. The alternative is to add more uses for them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Craft from 450-475, trash refined results when you have a stack of it already. Alternatively, stop opening champ bags, running jump puzzles, and meta bosses on level 80 characters, and do so on characters that are level 1-79.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

IMO, this is a terrible idea. I’m not sure where you are getting “a couple silvers” from. If everyone has stacks upon stack in their bank, they will be dirt cheap. Now if you want a vendor price for them and keep them accountbound, then I’m ok with that, but they will be worthless on the TP.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

IMO, this is a terrible idea. I’m not sure where you are getting “a couple silvers” from. If everyone has stacks upon stack in their bank, they will be dirt cheap. Now if you want a vendor price for them and keep them accountbound, then I’m ok with that, but they will be worthless on the TP.

I meant 1 or 2 silvers. Certainly they could fall below 1 silver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

What part “You use it to craft terminal gear” makes you think it would be worthless?

Still: No. The entire point of the system is to require you get out and PLAY THE GAME rather than just buy your way to all pink gear.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

What part “You use it to craft terminal gear” makes you think it would be worthless?

Still: No. The entire point of the system is to require you get out and PLAY THE GAME rather than just buy your way to all pink gear.

And still for armor for example it takes a lot, lot more grinding to get the rest of the materials to build them. But point taken and valid.

I just wishing obtaining the ascended mats would be the majority of work crafting the ascended gear, and not just a speedbump on the real grind.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I currently have a full stack of bloodstone and dragonite in my bank, along with close to 100 bricks and ingots. I already finished 1 set of ascended gear for a character. I have been playing for less than 4 months. Dragonite and Empyreal are the only two that will have any “substantial” value if they’re tradeable. Bloodstone you get out of champ bags in higher quantity than you get materials.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

We are playing the game, but we want to make good use of our extra materials instead of hoarding or destroying them. People still need the laurels as time-gate for ascended weapon/armor so I don’t see problem with allowing excess Bloodstone/Empyreal/Dragonite to be sold on TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I do … and it’s the same point Nike made. You might not see a problem with simply buying your way to end game gear. Many others, including Anet, do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Also, gift of exploration, pristine relic, ascended ring, levels, dungeon token, title, skill point make those sellable too.

heck, make gw2 account sellable too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

We are playing the game, but we want to make good use of our extra materials instead of hoarding or destroying them. People still need the laurels as time-gate for ascended weapon/armor so I don’t see problem with allowing excess Bloodstone/Empyreal/Dragonite to be sold on TP.

Its just your false perception to categorize those mats as loot. They were never meant to have gold value.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

Its just your false perception to categorize those mats as loot. They were never meant to have gold value.

You get the mats from chests that means they are loot. ArenaNet can always add a gold value to them. They can also be listed with the other Ascended items on the trading post with or without a inherent gold value (like food).

EDIT: There is also nothing special or extraordinary about these items (bloodstone dust, empyreal, dragonite) and they are rather easy to obtain in many cases. Common items such as these should be freely traded on the trading post.

(edited by Isaac.6041)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

You get the mats from chests that means they are loot. ArenaNet can always add a gold value to them. They can also be listed with the other Ascended items on the trading post with or without a inherent gold value (like food).

Those are just there so it “force you to play not the way you want”.

Anet want people who only do dungeon to try out world event or vice versa. Same thing with karma. So people that want karma are forced to do certain activity.

Basically Anet hope people will try to do other activity they don’t do and maybe enjoy it.

If you are having too much of things you already have, you probably enjoy the activity anyway or you are already rewarded enough that you’ll continue doing it.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

They can also send every player 50g by mail, why? Because they can. But they wont.
Because they were never intended as a gold faucet (sell to vendor) but as a means to make players actually play different aspects of the game in order to craft ascended gear as along term goal. Making them tradeable would completely go against that intention.

Either level your crafting to refine them or make profit off them (bloodstone→toxic nourishments) or destroy them. Stop coming to the forums and open another thread on topics that have already been discussed at length.

1-2 silver is completely dillusional btw.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Anet want people who only do dungeon to try out world event or vice versa. Same thing with karma. So people that want karma are forced to do certain activity.

You dont need ascended gear to complete a dungeon, so they dont force you to player other content, if you dont want. If you want ascended gear, thats your choice.
And karma is the most widely given static reward in the game, after gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

Yes, but there is no problem with Karma because you can store as much as you want in your wallet. Empyreal, Dragonite, Bloodstone Dust is overloading inventory spaces in many cases. Such was the case before they introduced wallet for dungeon tokens and Badges of Honor and Fractal Relics.

Empyreal, Dragonite, and Bloodstone Dust are dropping TOO frequently and we need to be able to sell off excess amount, have wallet to store them, or have more uses for them so we can consume them without destroying and wasting them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Yes, but there is no problem with Karma because you can store as much as you want in your wallet. Empyreal, Dragonite, Bloodstone Dust is overloading inventory spaces in many cases. Such was the case before they introduced wallet for dungeon tokens and Badges of Honor and Fractal Relics.

Empyreal, Dragonite, and Bloodstone Dust are dropping TOO frequently and we need to be able to sell off excess amount, have wallet to store them, or have more uses for them so we can consume them without destroying and wasting them.

I think their acquisition rate is fairly good in line with Laurels and the tradeable mats that are used to craft 1/day mats, when you are working on crafting ascended gear every day.
If you are not crafting ascended gear, well, destroy them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

Never a good suggestion to destroy something that may have additional uses in the future. Like many people destroyed Transmutation Stones because they didn’t transmute level 1-79 items. Now they are full of regret.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Never a good suggestion to destroy something that may have additional uses in the future. Like many people destroyed Transmutation Stones because they didn’t transmute level 1-79 items. Now they are full of regret.

The suggestion’s value is based on the volume.

Transmutation stones were acquired at a very low rate, so keeping a stack or two of them wasn’t a big issue.

Due to the huge volume of ascended materials though, deleting them is going to save you a TON of bank space and that will more than compensate for any future uses added for those items.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Craft a full set of ascended weapons for each of your level 80s. That will use up these materials.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

you can keep it or destroy it “and” you can also whine on the forum, and “maybe” Anet will do something about it “which have a very low chance” since many people already told you why.

I think they might make more use for it, or make a wallet, but I highly doubt they’ll make it sellable on the trading post. But even that is a far fetch.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I was one of those people that destroyed 100+ of them and i have no regrets what so ever. I obtained those at a far higher rate than i used them before the wardrobe and now i am obtaining Transmutation charges at a higher pace than im using them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

you can keep it or destroy it “and” you can also whine on the forum, and “maybe” Anet will do something about it “which have a very low chance” since many people already told you why.

I think they might make more use for it, or make a wallet, but I highly doubt they’ll make it sellable on the trading post. But even that is a far fetch.

Please, they are always open to suggestions. They listened to me when I told them about their language chat filter should be disabled in Edge of the Mists.

Listing empyreal, dragonite, and bloodstone on Trading Post is certainly not unreasonable because like I said, they are common items. Do you really think completing world events is really some sort of massive achievement and that dragonite is such a precious material that it should be account bound. No way, you ported to a waypoint and waited 10 min to have a zerg kill a big boss with you. You are the best player ever and you deserve to have that dragonite all to yourself…. wait a minute… everyone in the zerg got a bunch of dragonite too. Cool! Let’s all get more dragonite till our bags overflow. We can do so many things with dragonite! Not!

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Please, they are always open to suggestions. They listened to me when I told them about their language chat filter should be disabled in Edge of the Mists.

Listing empyreal, dragonite, and bloodstone on Trading Post is certainly not unreasonable because like I said, they are common items. Do you really think completing world events is really some sort of massive achievement and that dragonite is such a precious material that it should be account bound. No way, you ported to a waypoint and waited 10 min to have a zerg kill a big boss with you. You are the best player ever and you deserve to have that dragonite all to yourself…. wait a minute… everyone in the zerg got a bunch of dragonite too. Cool! Let’s all get more dragonite till our bags overflow. We can do so many things with dragonite! Not!

it’s such a useless item maybe you should just destroy it.

People already told you why anet make an extravagent number of currency. Else they can just reward gold for everything. It’s a way to persuade people to try out the various content they have.

I honestly dont’ care if dragonite can be sellable on the trading post. I just think it’s unlikely Anet will do it. Else why even bother to have so much currency.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

We want to dump empyreal, dragonite, and bloodstone on the Trading Post please. They clog up a lot of inventories and don’t have much uses.

Wallet, dear gods yes… TP… not so much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Things I want:

• Let me merch them
  • Stick them in my wallet
  • Give me appropriate sinks for the dumb things that are worthwhile
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

Listing empyreal, dragonite, and bloodstone on Trading Post is certainly not unreasonable because like I said, they are common items.

Being common doesn’t make the ability to list them on the TP reasonable. If anything, it’s a waste of time to implement because they will be the next ‘leather’. At best, allow them to be sold to a vendor as trash, nothing more.

Furthermore, while Anet is open to suggestions, the suggestions need to have some sensible reasoning or application that ISN’T opposing the design of the game. Just because you have alot of these things and don’t value them isn’t a good reason to make them sellable on TP, especially when it’s OBVIOUS they aren’t meant to be tradeable in their raw form …

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

I agree they should go into the wallet. If something should be farmed/earned and not bought at the TP, it shouldn’t just rain down on you like crazy with little/no effort. If it shouldn’t be sell-able, that’s fine. Or hey just reduce the drop rate and reduce the # needed for crafting.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

As someone who is working on Ascended Armor and weapons I would love the ablity to buy them off you. However….. them not being freely available is keeping a lot of Tier 6 and exotic armor in check on the trading post.

If these items are clogging up your bank space you can try to forge them(I wonder what you would get). Or you could craft them all into Vision Crystals and vendor the Crystal. Or you can destroy them.

Although personally I don’t see what the big deal is I highly doubt anyone has collected more then 25000 Pile of Bloodstone Dust. Because that is the amount you would have to have to cap the 250 capacity in your crafting material slot for Bloodstone Brick.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I agree they should go into the wallet. If something should be farmed/earned and not bought at the TP, it shouldn’t just rain down on you like crazy with little/no effort. If it shouldn’t be sell-able, that’s fine. Or hey just reduce the drop rate and reduce the # needed for crafting.

The wallet is for currencies, the collectible tab is for crafting mats. The crafting UI is not connected to the wallet, so its also a technical issue. Why would Anet even consider this? Did you ever consider that Anet doesnt intend that you hoard bank tabs full of this stuff? And there lies a significant problem because They will never introduce a way that would allow hoarders like you to capitalize on it. Even if they introduce more ways to use them, it will first of all be required to have a craft at level 450-500.
And if there is any other use, it will be gated by other means, you can be sure of that.
Reducing the droprate and mats needed to craft, would also favour hoarders because it would enable them to craft more ascended stuff in the future than those people who used up their mats as intended in the past.

If you want to wait for possible future uses and cant be bothered to refine them, fair enough, but dont expect to not having to allocate inventory space for it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wikie.2610

Wikie.2610

why the hell so many people argue against it?
the fact that players get tons of stuff that is USELESS and have to destroy it is a bad design decision and should be fixed somehow period

same with these kittenty fractal rings they drop every single fractal and once you got your characters equipped with em they literally have no use besides selling em for 5s to merchant but still its better than these completely useless bloodstones

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

What they should do is make the Vision Crystals tradeable on the TP just like all the other refined ascended mats. Yes, I know why it isn’t, because they want you to explore other areas of the game.

But, the reality is, people don’t want to do that (and shouldn’t have to). The game is billed as a play how you want game and some people play the game for only one aspect of it(wvw, pvp). Why force people to do things they don’t want to obtain certain gear? It will only serve to burn people out on the game having to farm in areas they dislike and that will only result in people logging in less.

Making them tradable on the TP is a terrible idea. I don’t see people’s obsession with this idea. They would literally sell for a few copper each. Is that really any better than just deleting them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Making them able to be stored in wallet would be nice. I have 250+ bricks of each and at least 300 stacks of the stuff over 4 alts…sigh

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Yeah the wallet actually sounds like a good idea. I disagree with being to sell at the TP though.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I do see the point of people who argue against them going in the Wallet as they’re crafting mats, not a currency, I would not be against them becoming wallet bound. It would free up lots of bank space.

Alternatively, let us just merch the stacks (simplest method), or introduce a Mystic Forge recipe where we can combine Bloodstone Dust/Empyreal Fragments/Dragonite Ore with Bottles of Elonian Wine to create karma jugs. Good way to increase karma source while removing excess mats + a small gold sink.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

why the hell so many people argue against it?
the fact that players get tons of stuff that is USELESS and have to destroy it is a bad design decision and should be fixed somehow period

same with these kittenty fractal rings they drop every single fractal and once you got your characters equipped with em they literally have no use besides selling em for 5s to merchant but still its better than these completely useless bloodstones

It’s not a bad design decision at all. It would be bad design if you couldn’t delete them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Desbreko.7906

Desbreko.7906

This wouldn’t even be a problem if there weren’t such a high cost to refine these mats. The reagents and obsidian shards should be moved from the refinement to elsewhere in the crafting process.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I agree with Wanze. Ascended materials aren’t currency; they are crafting material. They should never be added to the wallet.

I am not sure if they will introduce more ways to use empyreal fragments or dragonite ore, but they did add ways of using bloodstone dust:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7839
http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7840
http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7841

If you want to sell bloodstone dust, make one of those and sell it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I agree with Wanze. Ascended materials aren’t currency; they are crafting material. They should never be added to the wallet.

I am not sure if they will introduce more ways to use empyreal fragments or dragonite ore, but they did add ways of using bloodstone dust:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7839
http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7840
http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7841

If you want to sell bloodstone dust, make one of those and sell it.

Another way to make gold with it is to craft endless wintersday tonics, of which there a 5 different ones. All need a recipe sheet to learn them and they are account bound. But if you put 4 of them into the MF, you will either get the 5th, or the endless toymakers tonic or endless gift dolyak tonic. Both are tradeable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I do … and it’s the same point Nike made. You might not see a problem with simply buying your way to end game gear. Many others, including Anet, do.

Then why are Legendaries allowed on the TP?

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

I think the more relevant question is why can you a Legendary and not an Ascended? Answer seems kind of obvious in that context. Let’s be honest here, the exception that are Legendaries doesn’t make the barriers to endgame gear and the reasoning behind not being able to buy them on TP any less real.

We can go back and forth on this Legendary exception but the important point here is that it’s not desirable for people to buy endgame setups and it’s why the three ascended crafting mats aren’t available on the TP. This is why suggesting they be sellable contradicts the obvious game design.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I’m all for having them at least have some vendor price. That’s about it.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

To da WALLET!!! Yes please, where do I sign up for this?

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I’m all for having them at least have some vendor price. That’s about it.

I agree with this. There are many people who don’t want to even bother with crafting.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I agree with those that say this doesn’t belong in the wallet. The wallet is for ‘currencies’ and these are not currencies. As a crafting material, they do belong in the bank, in the collections tab.

I can see maybe making them vendorable (not tradable, just merch food). I can see creating MF recipes to convert one type to another. I can also see giving us more things in which they are a component of. That’s about it though.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

They can easily be converted into currencies just like the dungeon tokens.

The dungeon tokens were crafting materials as well to craft exotic accessories.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Adding it to the wallet would be genius. Then, no more clogged inventories and you still retain your insane amounts of them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Isaac.6041

Adding it to the wallet would be genius. Then, no more clogged inventories and you still retain your insane amounts of them.

Yes, please add these materials to the account wallet. They are so common.