Advance Search Feature on TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lynsanity.1265

Lynsanity.1265

it would be nice if we could Search armor by armor type as well as Slot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nonsense.5204

nonsense.5204

Seriously, not being able to filter by armor type is embarrassing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

In the BWE2 (I think it was, could have been 3), I could swear there was a checkbox filter “Usable by Me only” or something like that. I wish they would bring that back.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sedaellus.6132

Sedaellus.6132

It might have been the cause of some of the issues they were seeing with the TP early on. I’m sure it will be put back in, in the future. I’d rather have the TP working and be without that option than for it to be working for 25% of the player base on certain days

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: midsummer.8237

midsummer.8237

I think it would be nice if there was also a preview option for armor and weapons in the trading post.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

All the “Usable by Me only” box did in BWE2 was change the level range of the items to be within 5 levels of your own…

And quite frankly, it didn’t make any sense.

You still got every armor type in the results, and the armor could be up to five levels above your own. It wasn’t “usable by me” at all. xD
(probably why they removed it. :p )

I agree on letting us filter the armor types though, getting heavy/medium armor results as an elementalist is kind of annoying. ^^;

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yaganox.8601

Yaganox.8601

That’s basic database work, ArenaNet. I’m SURE you have just ONE programmer (I think web, because the TP interface seems webby :P; shame on you) who can implement this in a single night’s work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dippy.8961

dippy.8961

Absolutely! I would love to be able to filter for specific classes of armor (light, medium, heavy). By slot as well would be divine!! Then I could filter level, class, and slot – no more wading through pages and pages of heavy armor! Anet – please!? =)

Dragonknights of Ascalon [DoA]
Level 80 – Everything
www.yaksbend.com

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

This is one the the options i miss the most in the TP. It would also be nice if we could preview armour/weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crispin.8705

crispin.8705

agree! i find the trading post filter to be really bad. so used to Rift, SWTOR and others that are better. At the very least just showing things that i can use would be fine.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Janson Smalling.1850

Janson Smalling.1850

Thanks for your feedback, guys. We are always looking forward into how we can make Guild Wars 2’s systems better. This includes the Trading Post. Our goal is to make it user-friendly, but also make it accessible to players want more complex functions. Feedback like this is essential in helping us meet that goal, so it’s important that you keep giving us your thoughts.

Rest assured that we will do what we can to give you the options you want, but right now, we are more closely focused on making the Trading Post faster and more stable for all users.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dortmunder.9572

Dortmunder.9572

The Trading Post is missing lots of things I would like to see.

Examples:

Filter by Armor Type(thread topic)
Filter by Price Range

Better “Transaction” view
-notify of loss of highest order place
-ability to place higher “bids” on items from transaction menu

Better searching function. If I search for “of Rage” I get a list of stuff not even remotely similar. Or if I am searching for “Major Sigil” it also lists every sigil in the game.

There’s others I can’t think of atm, but when I am doing something on the TP I am often like, “why isn’t this and this part of the TP interface?”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZaiTh.6378

ZaiTh.6378

Would also love to see preview put into it. I want to look good when I am killing

Tranzik 80 Mesmer (Stormbluff Isle)
400 Tailor/400 Weaponsmith
I beat the Game in less than 2 Months.