All these precursor complaints....

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

And nobody bats an eye when Gift of Fortune, also 1/4 of a Legendary, is more expensive than the precursor for most Legendaries.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

ya i’m wondering the same thing.

I suppose it’s something forensic scientist Henry Lee once said, writing a book may sounds like a lot of work. But writing a page a day is easy. That’s how he finished writing his book in a couple month.

Also besides that you can buy Gift of Fortune bit by bit, so inflation don’t hit those people as hard. They could be 80% finished on Gift of Fortune, and a bit of inflation won’t hurt them as much since they only need to buy 20% of the material at inflated price. While the precursor, you have to buy the whole thing, so 10% inflation could mean 100 more gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iretha.7625

Iretha.7625

Also besides that you can buy Gift of Fortune bit by bit, so inflation don’t hit those people as hard. They could be 80% finished on Gift of Fortune, and a bit of inflation won’t hurt them as much since they only need to buy 20% of the material at inflated price. While the precursor, you have to buy the whole thing, so 10% inflation could mean 100 more gold.

This, also you can farm the Ectos for your gift of fortune relatively easily. (World Bosses, Fractals, champ trains, spending dungeon tokens on gear for salvaging, and now you can get clovers from spvp.) But there’s no set or guaranteed way of getting a precursor, you either get lucky or get rich. The overall price of Gift of Fortune may be higher, but not everybody will buy it all, you can farm it.

(edited by Iretha.7625)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kernave.5732

Kernave.5732

Indeed they have set the bar for that. I’m happy to rise to that and grind my heart out. But how the heck am I supposed to get a precursor without resorting to the mystic toilet. I haven’t wasted as much as most people so maybe my argument is less significant but I think I’ve dropped over 200g in there since launch with nothing remotely useful out of it, at least I unlocked some skins last time I used it. I don’t want to resort to buying it I would much prefer to work towards it. Ive given up on the forge now. So unfortunately for me I will never get a legendary.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

Yeah, the precursor was why less than half when I crafted Sunrise.

The rest of the gifts totaled over 1200g.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

funny i have all the gift’s Ready all i need now is Dusk and been Farming event’s to get my gold up to buy the weapon. would love too see it drop from a event but ya it’s like a 000000.01% drop rate for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Whilst I do think it’s dumb to have this laundry list of boring and expensive items to collect, at least it can be done by anyone through playing the game. There is less luck involved except for the clovers, but you’re guaranteed to eventually get those finished. it’s a part of the legendary that you can grind out yourself. If they wanted Legendaries to be expensive, they got that part covered with this gift, but the insane prices of precursors and the horrid RNG that comes with them is a double whammy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Gift of fortune is pretty easy. You can easily farm karma and ectos. Then MF those to get all your T6 mats and the clovers, then you are done.

There is no way to get a precursor reliably except save up a ton of gold and hope you can save it faster than the price inflates.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

ya its getting Crazy on the price for Dusk 1k+ i got a long way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

I hate people that are like well look at the gift of fortune karma and t6 mats are easy to come by so is ecto skill points I could face roll my keyboard and get them clovers have a set recipe that you use.. Not only that but if you DO NOT get clovers you get some form of t6 material or some of your karma/ecto/skill points back mystic coins are cheaper than dirt personal experience here trying to make my twilight I was going for dusk or dawn to sell to put me closer to Dusk and I used 1300 exotic greatswords to get neither of them and still had to spend 747 gold to get it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

People don’t complain about Gift of Fortune because they know one day they will complete it. They’ll gather the mats, buy when they can, or get them from friends (I have no interest in getting a legendary, so I give all the T6 I get to my friend who wants one). Bottom line is someday, the Gift WILL be done and there is no RNG about it (other than drops). Getting the precursor involves nightmarish RNG, plain and simple. It’s either take you chances with absolute fudge RNG, some of the worst I’ve seen in gaming, or shell out the big bucks (going higher by the day) on top of trying to get Gift of Fortune done.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I completed my Gift of Fortune for almost nothing, thanks mostly to the world boss train and laurels.

All I need for Frostfang is the precursor, in fact.