And here goes the ecto price...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

yeah , the rise made me wish i didn’t offload a bunch last week, i lost money… – glad i’m not on wall street

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

there will be an initial skyrocket in price, but it will top off and then drop as supply/demand balances back out. no different from any other particular item that all of a sudden becomes more useful than it was the prior week.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Weeeeee! Hooray for more expensive ECTOs!!!! Would love them to hit 50s each. It won’t. But I would love it to. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

there will be an initial skyrocket in price, but it will top off and then drop as supply/demand balances back out. no different from any other particular item that all of a sudden becomes more useful than it was the prior week.

But the price always seems to settle at a higher price than before. We’re seeing inflation at a pretty breezy pace.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

The amount of ecto’s needed to level from 400-500 is not yet known. Just one exotic inscription requires 5. Salvaging might return 40% / 50% but; you still need ectos to make the pieces to build the weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I don’t see how it will go back to normal. This just created even more demand w/o offering more supply, unless I’m missing something?

Ecto’s are overused as it is.

I suggest Anet makes dungeons/fractals drop more Ecto/T6 mats to help balance it out, and it makes them more rewarding at the same time, 2 birds 1 stone anyone?

(edited by Knote.2904)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

I really hate ANet for the livestream they made yesterday. As a result of that in one hour ectos and T6 mats skyrocked ~30%. It´s ridiculous, because now we need much more gold for the gifts for a legendary. And the precursors skyrocked too. I am really loosing the motivation to get my legendary, it gets harder and harder because ANet cant control the market and they nerf everything they patch, because theykitten#8230;. it up.

Anyway, GTA V is coming in a few weeks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

The supply will be the people running around with at least 300% magic find.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Onkelbubu.3108

Onkelbubu.3108

Anyway, GTA V is coming in a few weeks

Oh yeah thats Guild Wars 2’s biggest opponent now -.-
Cya play it and stop complaining.
They got the worldwide trading post and controlling this is simply not possible.
With only a spark of intelligence you are able to recognize this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

With crafting reset Ectos will even go higher. Expecting a spike a 50silver in next few weeks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

BilboBaggins.5620

Without an increase in drop/salvage rates, crafters are really going to get hit hard by this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

But the price always seems to settle at a higher price than before. We’re seeing inflation at a pretty breezy pace.

Just wait some time after the next patch to hit. You will see a lot of items will start to drop as buy prices demand them to sink.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Articluna.4509

Articluna.4509

Dum dum, visited 40s and down to 32-33s already

=)

OooOOoohh, box of shinies. So many shinies!
Outsource rng → profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

Bought 201 ecto’s at about 33 silver as soon as I saw the page. Figure they will jump to at lest 45 silver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

1000 ectos sitting in bank, sweet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Black Lion Trading Co

BilboBaggins.5620

Dum dum, visited 40s and down to 32-33s already

=)

Ah yes, but less than a month ago they were in the high teens.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

ecto price has gone up and down in few updates, i’llstart with the price since the beginning of the introduction of world boss rares….

1. introduction of world boss rares – ecto price went down to around 18s

2.then the world boss rares limited to per boss per day per account – ecto went up a bit to 27, but not for long, it went down again to around 18s….

3. then ANET decided that you could salvage ectos to get crystaline dusts – created demand for ectos since dusts price was so high at that time, so ecto’s price went up again to around 27s, but not for long as market stabilize and more and more people salvaging ectos for dusts reducing demand for it and lowering dust price, thus lowering demand for ectos, it went down again to around 18s

4. then recently ANET says they will introduce ascended weapon that would require ectos to create, so people went panic buy and start stocking up ectos, thus increase their price to almost 40s..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

BilboBaggins.5620

Well the only two times I’ve speculated on the market I’ve lost money, so I’m probably wrong, but I don’t think ecto will go back down to 18s this time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Well the only two times I’ve speculated on the market I’ve lost money, so I’m probably wrong, but I don’t think ecto will go back down to 18s this time.

No I am almost sure it will hit 50silver and pretty fast in the next 72hours after update…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I expect prices for Ectos to continue to rise to maybe about 40 – 50 silver, for about a week to a month after the Ascended weapon patch hits. This is due mostly to people needing Ectos to make Orichalcum inscriptions and for refining the 450 materials.

However, not THAT much Ecto is actually needed to make an Ascended weapon (I believe it’s about 20 or so). Thus, demand for Ectos is not going to remain that high for very long, especially since once the Scarlet invasions stop, people are going to go right back to World Boss farming, which will increase supply again.

My conclusion: if you’re investing in ectos, sell at or shortly before the Sep 3rd patch hits. If you’re a buyer, wait for 2 weeks to a month after Sep 3rd. Prices will probably stabilise and fall back to more normal levels by then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

Ecto prices are kinda capped at the moment. Why? The gear boxes you can buy in pavillion for 30s+30 sprocket. Not sure if it’s worth stocking on rare and ecto that way tho. And yes, I have a substantial interest in the sprocket market

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

In my experience the value of an opened deluxe gear box on average is far less than 30s + 30 sprockets. Don’t see why anyone would want to buy those.

Do you have statistics to show otherwise?

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

And yes, I have a substantial interest in the sprocket market

Sprockets??
I have over 3000 of those things clogging up my bank …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tom Gore.4035

And yes, I have a substantial interest in the sprocket market

Sprockets??
I have over 3000 of those things clogging up my bank …

I bought a bunch of them when you could get them at 14c. Now they sell for 24c and going up…

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I’m waiting until it crashes again. People will be dumping tons of rares and exotics on the tp to get to 500 crafting. Others will salvage those, and ecto will drop to 20s in less than a week.

Not to mention the focus will be on big bosses again with the new t7 drops. Guaranteed rares, guaranteed ectos. I’m already preparing the popcorn.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Ecto’s are overused as it is.

I suggest Anet makes dungeons/fractals drop more Ecto/T6 mats to help balance it out, and it makes them more rewarding at the same time, 2 birds 1 stone anyone?

They don’t need to force more to drop or change drop tables one bit. All they need to do is take the stupid Diminishing Returns back off them.

When I first got my magic find set, I’d rapidly find 3 rares in a short period of time and then 2 more an hour or two later. Now I’m surprised as hell when I even find ONE despite doing nothing but killing mobs for hours and hours on end. The game KNOWS when you’ve gotten X # of rares for that day, and then it proceeds to slap you with DR even if those first rares came from World Boss / Temple chests. The reality is there there’s no shortage of opportunity here, just more timegating mechanics where none were needed.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

In my experience the value of an opened deluxe gear box on average is far less than 30s + 30 sprockets. Don’t see why anyone would want to buy those.

Do you have statistics to show otherwise?

An opened box gives you a rare of a certain kind. Now you can actually choose what type of rare it will be, like the warrior one giving weapons (even the high value ones like GS, Hammer, Sword), or guardian one giving metal armor (the best return if salvaging for ecto, rune and ori). Throw in the chance for exotic, however small.

My purpose of the original post was to show there is a soft cap in ecto price at the moment since you can get high value rares (resalable weapons and salvageable metal armor) for ~35 silver. Considering the sprocket price shot up during the period I do believe some people found the investment worth it and probably made a good bit of coin while ectos were over 35s.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I’m waiting until it crashes again. People will be dumping tons of rares and exotics on the tp to get to 500 crafting. Others will salvage those, and ecto will drop to 20s in less than a week.

Not to mention the focus will be on big bosses again with the new t7 drops. Guaranteed rares, guaranteed ectos. I’m already preparing the popcorn.

you need to put in more ectos than you can ever possibly get out when you craft. crafting is an ecto sink, not faucet. crafting will add demand for ectos. there will be a shrinking supply.

ectos will not fall in price due to crafting.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Can’t complain as I have been stacking up on ectos for the past month or so. But then again, I last sold my ectos when it hit about 43 so the current price is still considered cheap to me.

Many crafting materials have also shot up in price, making it less profitable to craft many of the high end crafted items right now.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Ectos will crash after the update.

People will need to kill something like 200 world bosses in order to get an ascended weapon, that is a crap ton of potential ectos. Everyone and their mother will be farming world bosses and ectos will drop quickly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I bought a bunch of them when you could get them at 14c. Now they sell for 24c and going up…

Well, well… So they have. Might be time to unload about a thousand or so of them before prices go back down.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tom Gore.4035

Well, well… So they have. Might be time to unload about a thousand or so of them before prices go back down.

It’s hard to say where the price will eventually settle to, as the supply will now be cut down signifigantly, but the demand should stay for a while because of the new rune/sigil recipes.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

People will need to kill something like 200 world bosses in order to get an ascended weapon

woot! they told you something via PM ?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

People will need to kill something like 200 world bosses in order to get an ascended weapon

No they told us via livestream a couple days ago… you can check out

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/gw2-account-magic-find-ascended-crafting-and-legendary-weapons-revamp-preview/

for the details. You will actually need 500 dragonite ore per weapon, not 200 like I thought. I must have mis-remembered. Of course that is assuming the chance is 100% per boss. Based on how much they like to make us grind this may not be the case.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tom Gore.4035

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/gw2-account-magic-find-ascended-crafting-and-legendary-weapons-revamp-preview/

for the details. You will actually need 500 dragonite ore per weapon, not 200 like I thought. I must have mis-remembered. Of course that is assuming the chance is 100% per boss. Based on how much they like to make us grind this may not be the case.

Or, for all we know, each event could drop 10 ore.

Point is, WE DON’T KNOW what the droprate is.

And neither do you.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

And neither do you.

lets count up all the things in this game that drop things in stacks of 10:

Done.

Now lets make a list of all the things that drop things in stacks of <1 (i.e. random chance of 0-3)
1. Ectos
2. Every bag in the game
3. T6 mats from salvage items
4. Champ bag T6 loot

My speculation is an educated guess based on multiple other sources in the game. Yours is just pulling a number out of your kitten to say i’m wrong… the best we can hope for is a chance at 1-3. Most likely based on time gating, and RNG we will have a 0-2 or 0-3 chance similar to other rare drop mats that have similar cost requirements.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

If each event drop 0-3 and 1 class has 5-8 weapons….

I wouldn’t even want to play this game anymore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

And neither do you.

lets count up all the things in this game that drop things in stacks of 10:

Done.

Now lets make a list of all the things that drop things in stacks of <1 (i.e. random chance of 0-3)
1. Ectos
2. Every bag in the game
3. T6 mats from salvage items
4. Champ bag T6 loot

My speculation is an educated guess based on multiple other sources in the game. Yours is just pulling a number out of your kitten to say i’m wrong… the best we can hope for is a chance at 1-3. Most likely based on time gating, and RNG we will have a 0-2 or 0-3 chance similar to other rare drop mats that have similar cost requirements.

or maybe we can count fractal relics or dungeon tokens.
as Tom said, we don’t know.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

(edited by Daendur.2357)

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

Worse than we both thought… 0-1 low chance…

“Drips of Liquid Karma from champion loot bags have been replaced with Piles of Bloodstone Dust.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Lol, would be faster to just go for legendary weapons.