ZudetGambeous.9573

Cheapest dye is up to 2s

Unid dyes are up to 1g.

Better hurry if you want what’s left…

And there go the dyes....

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

And all of us that have to work during info releases are screwed yet again…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

#Laurels

That’s what I’m doing when I get home!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Well, when everyone have them they will go down again, since there won’t be alts to collect them on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

#Laurels

That’s what I’m doing when I get home!

^ this is what people are going to be doing.

If you are in game, cash out now!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

What about 250 for a Legendary item? Will that be changed? If I need 50 more for a Legendary, and you don’t tell us how (if) that will change, and before the 15th I go buy the remaining 50 I need with laurels and then you come along and say, “Surprise, you just need loaves of bread now in it’s place!”, do you think that’s terribly fair?

Collaborative.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Meh, can still craft ’em.

Admittedly, I think they should have simply reduced the drop rate, not nixed it completely, but at least its not a gemstore only means of acquiring them…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Prices always seem to go nuts the moment new information releases, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they calm down after awhile and it lowers. Glad I’ve been saving up my unidentified dyes for my eventual work towards Bifrost though.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

“When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.

If you already have the same dyes unlocked on multiple characters, when you log in on additional characters, you will receive one unidentified dye for each duplicate dye already unlocked on your account."

So does this mean, in order for us to make a dye account unlocked, we must buy the color and unlock it, and if we already had it unlocked on individual characters then we get an unidentified dye for each old character locked dye of that color?

So we must once again purchase a single dye of every color we want regardless of how many characters already have it unlocked?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People are completely buying out cheaper dyes… 3 colors are no longer available.

There will be a lot of laurels turned in tonight…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Any color you have on any character will be on all characters; you will get an extra dye for every duplicate.

Curiously, the price of unidentified dyes started going up before today, so some people obviously had inside info.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

Any color you have on any character will be on all characters; you will get an extra dye for every duplicate.

Curiously, the price of unidentified dyes started going up before today, so some people obviously had inside info.

Or they knew that china was receiving an account wide dye system and there was a blog post titled “Colors”…

hardly inside info…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sera.6539

“When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.

If you already have the same dyes unlocked on multiple characters, when you log in on additional characters, you will receive one unidentified dye for each duplicate dye already unlocked on your account."

So does this mean, in order for us to make a dye account unlocked, we must buy the color and unlock it, and if we already had it unlocked on individual characters then we get an unidentified dye for each old character locked dye of that color?

So we must once again purchase a single dye of every color we want regardless of how many characters already have it unlocked?

I’m a bit confused as to what you’re asking. But from my understanding…

All dyes on your characters will be converted to account-wide. Any duplicates across characters will pop an unidentified dye into your inventory (for a chance at another color). Any dye used after the feature patch is implemented is also automatically account-wide.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

That sucks because last week my brother went for the Charred dye for 90 gold, now it’s gonna be locked to 1 toon when it could have been to all 9 of them.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Or they knew that china was receiving an account wide dye system and there was a blog post titled “Colors”…

hardly inside info…

and let’s not forget about people looking at the titles of the blogpost last Friday and putting 2 and 2 together

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ANGELofPAIN.4809

ANGELofPAIN.4809

right @Sera

@StinVec … no, you must not purchase a single dye of every color again

@Dean Calaway … no, your brother will have the Charred dye on all of his chars at 15. april

(edited by ANGELofPAIN.4809)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

That sucks because last week my brother went for the Charred dye for 90 gold, now it’s gonna be locked to 1 toon when it could have been to all 9 of them.

All the dyes you already have will become account bound. But if you have a dye on 2 characters you will get 1 unidentified dye, 3 characters 2 unids etc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m pretty sure it means that the colors you already have will be account bound. So your brother will have charred dye on all 9 of his characters. But if he had bought charred dye on 2 different characters then all 9 would still get it, but he would also get a free unidentified dye because it was a duplicate.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

All the dyes you already have will become account bound. But if you have a dye on 2 characters you will get 1 unidentified dye, 3 characters 2 unids etc.

I didn’t understand this at all, but if you’re right, that’s awesome!

(Also, guess who’ll probably be getting 200+ unid’d dyes when they log in on April 15th :| ) lol

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Okay so now my cook will drain all my resources to make dyes.
My non cook characters will hunt down anything that moves for the sweet unidentified dye drops.
Also there go my laurels I was saving up, but that also means I’ll be doing dailies more often!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

No, that Charred Dye will be available to all 9 characters on patch day.

Any unlocked dyes within a character’s dye panel are being merged into one account panel. IE – get colors now before prices skyrocket (they already are).

Any duplicate unlocked dyes within character panels will be compensated with 1 UNID dye bottle to a player’s inventory for each duplicate color found.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

All dyes on your characters will be converted to account-wide. Any duplicates across characters will pop an unidentified dye into your inventory (for a chance at another color). Any dye used after the feature patch is implemented is also automatically account-wide.

By the wording it uses, it sounds like you must unlock dyes again after the patch goes in. Then, after unlocking that color to the account, logging in with a character has its unlocked dyes scanned to see if an account unlock match is found and then you get the unid dye.

Example:

• Midnight Ice currently unlocked on 10 characters
  • Patch hits
  • No previously unlocked dyes become account unlocked
  • Must buy and activate/unlock a new Midnight Ice into the account unlocked dyes
  • Log in a character that had Midnight Ice unlocked for it and you get an unid dye

That is my understanding based on their wording. Nowhere does it say existing dyes unlock that color for the account. It says unlocking new dyes adds colors to the account unlocked dyes.

So:

• Act as if no dyes are currently unlocked
  • Unlock the dyes you desire (buy a new one and ‘use’ it)
    For each character that has a dye that you have added to your account unlocked dyes you get an unid dye.

in Black Lion Trading Co

maddoctor.2738

(Also, guess who’ll probably be getting 200+ unid’d dyes when they log in on April 15th :| ) lol

When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.

^^ Means all dyes you have unlocked on all characters will become account bound

If you already have the same dyes unlocked on multiple characters, when you log in on additional characters, you will receive one unidentified dye for each duplicate dye already unlocked on your account.

If you have the same dye on multiple characters you will get unidentified dye for each duplicate, so if you have Abyss dye on 6 characters you will have Abyss unlocked for all and 5 unidentified dyes…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

arrrgh at work for another hour or so..

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

Where does it state that bolded part?

in Black Lion Trading Co

maddoctor.2738

By the wording it uses, it sounds like you must unlock dyes again after the patch goes in. Then, after unlocking that color to the account, logging in with a character has its unlocked dyes scanned to see if an account unlock match is found and then you get the unid dye.

Example:

• Patch hits
  • Must buy and activate/unlock a new Midnight Ice into the account unlocked dyes
  • Log in a character that had Midnight Ice unlocked for it and you get an unid dye

That is my understanding based on their wording. Nowhere does it say existing dyes unlock that color for the account. It says unlocking new dyes adds colors to the account unlocked dyes.

So:

For each character that has a dye that you have added to your account unlocked dyes you get an unid dye.

Reread this part:

If you already have the same dyes unlocked on multiple characters, when you log in on additional characters, you will receive one unidentified dye for each duplicate dye already unlocked on your account.

FOR EACH duplicate dye already UNLOCKED on your account.

in Black Lion Trading Co

maddoctor.2738

Also, the new dye interface is for the entire account, not per character.

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

Right, after newly unlocking it to the account unlocks via using a new dye, old character dyes will be scanned and matching ones will pump out an unid dye.

Their wording isn’t clear enough. I will need a dev to elaborate or wait until patch day.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Example:

• Patch hits

So:

Reread this part:

“When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.”

Bold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

You realize that the prices that are skyrocketing right now will crash and burn after right?

As soon as the patch hits, I’ll suddenly have close to 150 unidentified dyes without lifting a finger. I’m sure some people will have many, many more than that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Where does it state that bolded part?

It’s in the bottom of maddoctors’ post above yours.

Can you imagine the PR S-Storm that would arise if they deleted all of your current dyes and gave you Unidentified dyes instead?

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

Alukah, that is what has me believing it will require a fresh unlocking of a dye to make it account bound. If that is not how it will be, that is how their wording seems to describe it and they should fix that due to it being misleading.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

The video does imply that all dyes currently unlocked will be unlocked for the entire account. But the blog is worded differently. So I’m not sure which is more reliable.

[ARES]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The video does imply that all dyes currently unlocked will be unlocked for the entire account. But the blog is worded differently. So I’m not sure which is more reliable.

They aren’t going to delete the dyes you’ve already unlocked. The anger level would cause their servers to melt.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sera.6539

The wording isn’t clear, but I think that they would have made a clear, obvious distinction if they made the system have everything pre patch, be soul bound. It would create too much hassle, in my opinion.

In that scenario, they would be keeping track of XYZ characters with these dyes marked as soulbound. Then player unlocks it account wide, which changes that specific soulbound dye to account bound, keeping the rest soulbound.

As for the

“When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.”

That could also be interpreted as, instead of the current way of dyes. After the patch hits, blahblahblah will be the new way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

By the wording it uses, it sounds like you must unlock dyes again after the patch goes in.

No. Read it again:

If everything reset with the patch, it would make no sense for them to make the whole “unid dye pop into inventory” thing because nobody would ever be able to get the same dye twice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

maddoctor.2738

Example:

• Patch hits

So:

Reread this part:

Bold.

Reread what I posted ^^

Keep in mind that the new dye system has all the dyes you’ve unlocked on your account. So, for each duplicate that you have unlocked you will get unidentified dyes.

Since the new dye collection has all your account unlocked dyes, and unlocked means you can use it, no need to get it twice again, you get unids for DUPLICATES, the original dye stays inside.

If it was different the wording would’ve been: for each dye you have unlocked you will get unid dyes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ANGELofPAIN.4809

ANGELofPAIN.4809

between this parts is a paragraph at the blogpost, don’t read it as one paragraph

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Erskine.5206

Erskine.5206

That’s how I see it too…
It would be great if a dev could answer here!
I’m really excited. And scared

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

My coriander seeds are ready

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

I don’t see a video on the dye page. Where are you seeing this video detailing the dye changes? I’ve only been going off of their blog posts.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dyes-in-the-new-account-wardrobe

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Any word on the price of the Wooden Sword? That was my favorite sword skin up until now .-.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Basically, from my understanding is thus:

I have Celestial on both my ele and my mes at this time. When I log onto my ele, Celestial now becomes account bound and available to all of my characters. When I log onto my mes, Celestial is already known and cannot be added again to my account bound colors. To compensate, I will get a free unidentified dye. If I had Celestial on say my necro, I would get another unidentified dye, since I already have that color in my palette.

That help?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

I don’t see a video on the dye page. Where are you seeing this video detailing the dye changes? I’ve only been going off of their blog posts.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

The video there. At the end, it talks about the dye system.

[ARES]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Unless an individual has English as a second language (which is entirely possible for a global game), I see no confusing vocabulary in the sentences.

Parse it out by paragraphs, and you’ll see the difference between the now and the then.

Blog

One of the biggest changes we’re making is that dyes will no longer be unlocked per character but per account instead. When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.

That’s the THEN. That’s what will happen on Patch Day.

Blog

This is the part that pertains to the NOW. Note the word “duplicate.” That’s only referring to each additional dye of the same color, which means, the original and/or first dye of that color is saved. Also, see the word “already.” Since it’s the first time a character has logged in on the patch day, there’s no other way that dye could be saved, unless the dye lists of all the characters were merged BEFORE the the duplicates were counted.

Bottom Line: If you unlock it now, before patch day, you WILL have it for ALL characters on Patch Day.

Lanfear’s explanation up above is correct.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

“We also made some changes to the dye system. All the dyes are now account bound, so all of the dyes you’ve collected on each of your characters is available for use.”

It explicitly states in the Wardrobe Feature YouTube video that it’s retroactive.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

I have never seen such a feeding frenzy. Buttercream selling for 50 silver, holy kitten!

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

The video there. At the end, it talks about the dye system.

Aw come on! Thank you Lilith. I hadn’t watched the wardrobe video yet as I figured it only dealt with the wardrobe as it was on the wardrobe changes blog post and that any video having to do with the dye changes would be put on the dye changes blog post. Logic and all…I have to stop expecting it. :\

Thanks again!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I wonder what that one bottle of abyss dye I have sitting in my bank will go for now…

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

There should be a trading post app or api for things like this dye price fluctuation. If there isn’t one already. Or buying and selling items in general for that matter.

(edited by Zahld.4956)