Anniversary Sale Spoilers

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

A list of everything to come for the 10 day Anniversary Sale. Enjoy!

Friday, August 23

• Mini White Kitten
  • Wintersday Weapon Skins (PERMANENT | x5 Black Lion Claim Tickets)

Saturday, August 24

• Molten Alliance Mining Pick

Sunday, August 25

• Consortium Harvesting Sickle

Monday, August 26

• Chop-It-All Logging Axe

Tuesday, August 27

• Rox’s Weapons (Rox’s Quiver, Rox’s Short Bow)
  • Braham’s Weapons (Braham’s Mace, Braham’s Shield)
  • Fused Weapon Skins (PERMANENT | x7 Black Lion Claim Tickets)

Wednesday, August 28

• Dragon’s Fortune Fireworks

Thursday, August 29

• Bouquet of Roses

Friday, August 30

• Flame Dye Kit
  • Frost Dye Kit

Saturday, August 31

• Miniature Spooky Trio (Spooky Ghost, Spooky Spider, Spooky Skeleton)

Sunday, September 1

• Super Adventure Box o’ Fun
  • Sclerite Weapon Skins (PERMANENT | x3 Black Lion Claim Tickets)

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/feed/

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avatara.1042

5 and 7 tickets…what a complete and utter joke. Anet should be ashamed, preying on people like that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kareth.6572

Kareth.6572

5 and 7 tickets…what a complete and utter joke. Anet should be ashamed, preying on people like thakittens

not a joke. It just makes those weapons still unique, while enabling ppl that really want it to get it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avatara.1042

5 and 7 tickets…what a complete and utter joke. Anet should be ashamed, preying on people like thakittens

not a joke. It just makes those weapons still unique, while enabling ppl that really want it to get it.

Do you have any idea what 7 tickets means? Do you know what compulsive gamblers and others will do?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaisukii.7809

Kaisukii.7809

If this is really the list .. hugely disappointing to say the least.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

I’m actually surprised at sclerite weapons being offered for 3 BL tickets since they were arguably as rare as the molten skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

And here I thought they would add contracts back into chests. Guess I get to spend my money on other games.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apoc.1074

Apoc.1074

So, no sale on character slots?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RyanThomas.4182

RyanThomas.4182

I was kinda hoping for a sale on bag slots, since I want some new bag slots on my thief alt, and the price has doubled since I bought them for my main.

Blackgate – Love and War [LAW]
5 Ele meta let’s go

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

So, no sale on character slots?

Was hoping to see bank/bag slots as well myself.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Flame and frost dyes = sell them as fast as you can so you can make moneh >:D

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Lol, I can’t imagine the reaction some dye hoarders must have had when they saw this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

^I was like “OH YES!” when I found out, ’cuz I sold it all a day before the news got out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Do you have any idea what 7 tickets means? Do you know what compulsive gamblers and others will do?

If they have any sense they should use the money they were going to waste on RNG and buy gems convert to gold and buy the skins outright

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Quite surprised at the price disparity between the Winter’s, Fused and Sclerite weapons. I wonder why that is…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Quite surprised at the price disparity between the Winter’s, Fused and Sclerite weapons. I wonder why that is…

I’d bet it’s based off their purchase popularity.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: josiahpapaya.6210

josiahpapaya.6210

i just did the math and the average price to purchase a fused skin with claim tickets would be $315 worth of gems. lol nice one, anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

i just did the math and the average price to purchase a fused skin with claim tickets would be $315 worth of gems. lol nice one, anet.

$315 in gems translates into 280 keys. So you are running under the assumption of 1 scrap, 70 needed for a fused skin, from every 4 chests. You’ve ignored the chance of getting a whole ticket, each would be equivalent to 40 fewer chests needed based on your numbers. That’s a savings of $45.

Yes it’s still insane. Makes the EVE monocle look down right affordable. Talk about a luxury item.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

You know what would have been nice to find in our birthday present? A free Black Lion Claim Ticket. HINT HINT ANet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I’ve been waiting for a bank space sale forever. I’m not sure they’ve even had more than one since release.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Some Reddit dataminers dug up information about an expansion of bank space slots to 15, coming sometime in the future. Of course, there’s no guarantee that bank slots will also go on sale at the same time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I’ve been waiting for a bank space sale forever. I’m not sure they’ve even had more than one since release.

I only remember one. Be mildly ticked if they have one within a few weeks of this sale being over.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I’ve been playing since day 1. I’ve opened every black lion chest I’ve ever found. I’ve never gotten a black lion ticket or ticket scrap.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’ve been playing since day 1. I’ve opened every black lion chest I’ve ever found. I’ve never gotten a black lion ticket or ticket scrap.

Probably because the tickets just got added like a month ago.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ricochet Saw.1793

Ricochet Saw.1793

I honestly think that ANet should reduce the prices for all the Black Lion Claim ticket weapons, the skins are far too expensive using claim tickets. The drop rates for ticket scraps just seems too rare at the moment. I’ve probably opened 50 chests since they were introduced and I’ve gotten 2 scraps and 1 full ticket.

Then again the argument for trading gems for gold and buying them outright comes up, this will just cause the prices to jump much higher than they are right now. I mean, at least the Dragons Jade skins came from an item that was in a drop when they were introduced.

I’d love to see these ticket prices reduced and tickets refunded to players who got the skins, or the drop rates for tickets and scraps increased.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Missing a lot of minis there which is disappointing for sure. BL tickets I will never buy again. I did it the first time fusion and it cost 95 usd for 1 skin. I am compulsive though and it was silly for me to buy into that RNG.

fireworks and super box o fun seem like a big waste. Did they sell well last time? perhaps that is why they are for sale again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

I was kinda hoping for a sale on bag slots, since I want some new bag slots on my thief alt, and the price has doubled since I bought them for my main.

to my knowlege the price for bag slots have remained the same trough out the games history exepet on the sales periodes but they have never increased in normal price

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I’m actually surprised at sclerite weapons being offered for 3 BL tickets since they were arguably as rare as the molten skins.

They were in southsun crates which people could farm… so no doubt they are less rare than fused.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lane.3410

They were in southsun crates which people could farm… so no doubt they are less rare than fused.

I think it’s the opposite. The drop rate on the crates was terrible and then the drop rate of the skins from the crates was even worse. It was RNG on top of RNG unless you bought the crates from the gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I have no clue where Anet get’s it’s demographics from? To think gamers have THAT kind of disposable income to spend. How about charge less and make it up in volume? It’s not like you have reproduction cost, it’s virtual!

:)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

From what I’ve read, people most wanted the infinite tools and Rox & Braham’s weapons, especially the quiver, so this is good stuff. Thanks for the info.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

I have no clue where Anet get’s it’s demographics from? To think gamers have THAT kind of disposable income to spend. How about charge less and make it up in volume? It’s not like you have reproduction cost, it’s virtual!

You’d be surprised at how much money some people are willing to dump into virtual currency. There was a thread over in General Discussion about mini collectors who were peeved that Mr Sparkles was a (potential) Gamescon exclusive and therefore it permanently ruins their ability to complete the collection. Some of these collectors have spent thousands of dollars on gems to get all the minis. Likewise, we don’t have any concrete figures, but I’m willing to bet that those Legendaries selling for thousands of gold on the TP get bought too.

I remember reading an interview from Zynga (the makers of Farmville) who said that less than 5% of their players spent any money in their cash shop, but the 5% that did, spent MILLIONS. If that’s a reflection of what the gamer demographic is like, it’s not hard to imagine that the people pumping money into the gem store far outweighs any sales in bulk that ANet might pick up by pricing these goods cheaper.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Nexon made over $1 Billion USD in the last 4 quarters and they had only 9.6-11.5% of monthly active users in their F2P PC games buy from the item shop.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lane.3410

There was a thread over in General Discussion about mini collectors who were peeved that Mr Sparkles was a (potential) Gamescon exclusive and therefore it permanently ruins their ability to complete the collection.

Honestly, if you want to collect anything, especially pets, GW2 is the worst MMO I’ve ever played to do it in. Anyone who wants to collect minis is just unnecessarily setting themselves up for a LOT of heartache.

As an aside, I hate RL event specific goodies. It’s one of the things that drove me nuts in WoW (especially the Tyrael pet from Paris for gods sake) since they were virtually impossible for most people to get. (Hell, the annual Blizzcon alone was almost a $1000 trip if you included travel, lodging, etc.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I’m so happy they are bringing back so many limited skins and items to the store! I got a few molten alliance picks for my characters and am putting them to good use!

While I’m not thrilled about the continuation of rng tickets and black lion keys, I’m glad we’ll have a chance to acquire fused weapon skins and sclerite skins again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

You’d be surprised at how much money some people are willing to dump into virtual currency. There was a thread over in General Discussion about mini collectors who were peeved that Mr Sparkles was a (potential) Gamescon exclusive and therefore it permanently ruins their ability to complete the collection. Some of these collectors have spent thousands of dollars on gems to get all the minis. Likewise, we don’t have any concrete figures, but I’m willing to bet that those Legendaries selling for thousands of gold on the TP get bought too.

I remember reading an interview from Zynga (the makers of Farmville) who said that less than 5% of their players spent any money in their cash shop, but the 5% that did, spent MILLIONS. If that’s a reflection of what the gamer demographic is like, it’s not hard to imagine that the people pumping money into the gem store far outweighs any sales in bulk that ANet might pick up by pricing these goods cheaper.

I’ll never do it again, but I spent about 2 grand on my and my son’s transactions in DDO over like 4 years. All from $.50 to 2 bucks a transaction here and there except for a few $5-9 purchases of quest packs and one huge expansion there at the end. Stupid, but I can see how that can happen… it sneaks up on you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’ll never do it again, but I spent about 2 grand on my and my son’s transactions in DDO over like 4 years. All from $.50 to 2 bucks a transaction here and there except for a few $5-9 purchases of quest packs and one huge expansion there at the end. Stupid, but I can see how that can happen… it sneaks up on you.

As long as you can afford it, who cares? Naturally it would be different if you actually started to loan money so you could buy things in a game…

Besides, 2.000 dollar over 4 years is 500 dollar a year. That’s 10 dollar a week. I do not even want to think about the money that is burned away every day by smoking cigarets…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Hehe, yeah, it can. Over the last year I’ve probably spent about $300 worth in gems to pick up things like the unlimited tools and the Salvage-o-matic, along with incidental purchases for things like Transmutation Crystals. I only ever go for items that have no RNG and are permanent, thankfully, or my expenditure budget would have been much higher.