Any huge profit chances from event?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Any ideas on how to earn the cold Christmas cash? What drastic market changes will the event/patch notes cause? I sold the T6 mats that got an increase in drop chance.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sirgleno.2679

Sirgleno.2679

Yes, I turned my 220g into 320g just today.

No, I’m not going to post about the method in here in the public forums, but lets just say it was only a recently added efficiency to something I have been doing for the last couple weeks, and the profit per hour just jumped 5 fold (from around 5g/hr to about 25g/hr). The market is already starting to adapt to what I (as well as likely several others) am doing here, but I expect profits to hold in the 15g/hr to 20g/hr range for another couple days until the unnamed “thing” I am doing continues to catch on for a greater share of the player population.

Sorry I can’t share more, but obviously it would be dumb as hell to post about anything in detail here on the public forums. Maybe once I hit 600g and can buy out my legendary, but I don’t really expect the niche to hold that long.

Also, notably, there was nothing in the patch notes about this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tajmo.1836

Tajmo.1836

Nobody who is actually making money will just give away their secrets, but I will leave you with three tips:

1. Trade everything Christmas related as you get it. Those boxes traded at 5 Silver a piece earlier yesterday, and ended up under 3 Silver by the time I went to bed. Same goes for the socks etc. which was selling at nearly 2 Silver at one point. I also sold my 250 stack of glue from doing Tixx which sold for almost 1 Gold. This will probably only last another day or two.

2. Certain ‘things’ will go up in value during the Wintersday event since people will be so busy throwing snowballs at each other that nobody will be doing certain content that produces said ‘things’. I expect a steady incline, followed by a steady decline until the prices are back to normal, so swinging at peak won’t be too difficult.

3. I have seen certain items spike, like Mystic Coins for example (from 1.5 Silver to nearly 10 Silver), and I really couldn’t see why. Don’t ever think other players think or play like you.

“all your shinies are belong to us” – Skritt Citizen

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

No, I’m not going to post about the method in here in the public forums, but lets just say it was only a recently added efficiency to something I have been doing for the last couple weeks, and the profit per hour just jumped 5 fold (from around 5g/hr to about 25g/hr). The market is already starting to adapt to what I (as well as likely several others) am doing here, but I expect profits to hold in the 15g/hr to 20g/hr range for another couple days until the unnamed “thing” I am doing continues to catch on for a greater share of the player population.

Sorry I can’t share more, but obviously it would be dumb as hell to post about anything in detail here on the public forums. Maybe once I hit 600g and can buy out my legendary, but I don’t really expect the niche to hold that long.

To hell with you and your unnamed thing!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nefczi.8549

Nefczi.8549

Does this “thing” involve in any way the Mystic Forge?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talyjta.9081

Talyjta.9081

Does this “thing” involve in any way the Mystic Forge?

More probably it involved simply something else than truth. Someone who made really good profit will either tell how he has done it, or he will enjoy it silently.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

I bought glacial cores and lodestones earlier, made some profit off of it.
And I am farming the jumping puzzle. Easier than getting at high lvl areas IMO.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sigmatics.7056

Sigmatics.7056

Farming the puzzle for what?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Draaky.2436

Draaky.2436

Karma items? Wintersday Gifts?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Senzox.2850

Senzox.2850

To hell with you and your unnamed thing!

What a statement! Puts a smile on my face

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sirgleno.2679

Sirgleno.2679

So, I am happy to report that in addition to the 100g I made two days ago, I piled on another 190g yesterday – bringing me up to 510g. I absolutely realize that there are hordes of players who have well more gold than this, so please don’t mistake this for chest-beating, I honestly only do this to let people know the magnitude of opportunities that are out there to be found.

Also, I would like to thank the several people, who have written to me in game, for their interest and well wishes. However, even if I was willing to give away my secrets, I don’t believe that anything I could share now would serve any purpose other than to encourage players to jump into a declining opportunity. This ship is sailing on this one, but there will undoubtedly be more short term niche markets in the future, where maybe it will be YOU who makes hundreds of gold.

Play well, and happy prospecting!

Sirgleno

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

So, I am happy to report that in addition to the 100g I made two days ago, I piled on another 190g yesterday – bringing me up to 510g. I absolutely realize that there are hordes of players who have well more gold than this, so please don’t mistake this for chest-beating, I honestly only do this to let people know the magnitude of opportunities that are out there to be found.

Also, I would like to thank the several people, who have written to me in game, for their interest and well wishes. However, even if I was willing to give away my secrets, I don’t believe that anything I could share now would serve any purpose other than to encourage players to jump into a declining opportunity. This ship is sailing on this one, but there will undoubtedly be more short term niche markets in the future, where maybe it will be YOU who makes hundreds of gold.

Sirgleno

Man you’re so full of yourself. Just shu the kitten up.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Sirgleno

this is really a mean post.
you should share your “secret” or shut up.
everyone know that there are possibilities, what we have to know is which ones.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

He was exploiting the snowflake exploit to make hundreds of ectos. nothing to see here, move along.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Sirgleno

Wow man gratz, you are amazing, i’m so jelly.
http://images47.fotki.com/v1397/photos/1/107577/402366/youwontheprize-vi.jpg