Any way to make 10 gold in 10 minutes?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

So, there are plenty of days where I can’t log into the game, and plenty more in which I can log for very small amounts of time.

I’d like to have a regular income of about 50 gold/week to be able to purchase the stuff I need. My idea was, if I could find a way of getting at least 10 gold/day in a short time, I could maybe manage to login for at least 5 days a week in those conditions.

So I’m asking all the rich goldmaking experts here if there’s such a way. I don’t really need it to be scalable (i.e. doesn’t need to go 20 gold in 20 minutes). As long as it’s repeatable once a day, reliably gives me 10 gold on average, and it takes only a short amount of time, it’d be good for me.

Any suggestions?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ll like the same information too. 10 gold for only a few minutes in game, reliable and repeatable, that everyone who reads this thread can get, sounds epic. (But extremely unlikely).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

If there was some easy, risk-free way to make 10g in 10 minutes everyone would be doing it and there would be massive inflation in the market. If you don’t have enough time to play the game for more than 10 minutes a night, then I suggest buying gems with cash and converting to gold. If you do have the time to play, then just do the things you enjoy most and save your gold for those big purchases that mean something.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

If there was some easy, risk-free way to make 10g in 10 minutes everyone would be doing it and there would be massive inflation in the market.

Well as I said it doesn’t really need to be scalable. There’s people out there gaining gold at over 100X this speed, 10 gold/day is chump change for them, I’m hoping to get some decent suggestions since the amount is so low as to be essentially irrelevant to the power traders.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

IF youre really good, you can make 10g on 10 min game time per day playing the tp.
But usually, you wont be good at playing the tp while only logging 10 min day.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

IF youre really good, you can make 10g on 10 min game time per day playing the tp.

That and the low risk/high velocity options tend to be fairly time intensive. I know people talk about “playing the TP” as an easy, quick thing with instant results, but it really doesn’t work like that. Simplifying it down to X gold per Y minutes really doesn’t fit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

That and the low risk/high velocity options tend to be fairly time intensive. I know people talk about “playing the TP” as an easy, quick thing with instant results, but it really doesn’t work like that. Simplifying it down to X gold per Y minutes really doesn’t fit.

On my trading account, i make more than 1g per minute. Much depends on your starting capital though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

On my trading account, i make more than 1g per minute. Much depends on your starting capital though.

But if you only spent 1 minute a day, I’d venture to say you wouldn’t make 1g per day. Likewise, an additional 500 minutes per day of effort from you likely wouldn’t increase your earnings by 500g per day. (It may be more, it may be less, but it’s extremely unlikely to be the same.) There’s a limited range of scaling, but at some point, you’re no longer making the same gold/time ratio. While you can still average it out (say I made 240g this week in 4 hours of trading, I made 1g/hr) the numbers don’t actually end up meaning anything because it’s not a fixed ratio.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

But if you only spent 1 minute a day, I’d venture to say you wouldn’t make 1g per day. Likewise, an additional 500 minutes per day of effort from you likely wouldn’t increase your earnings by 500g per day. (It may be more, it may be less, but it’s extremely unlikely to be the same.) There’s a limited range of scaling, but at some point, you’re no longer making the same gold/time ratio. While you can still average it out (say I made 240g this week in 4 hours of trading, I made 1g/hr) the numbers don’t actually end up meaning anything because it’s not a fixed ratio.

Of course its a fixed ratio because the OP asked for 10g in 10 min.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Yeah I know what you mean, for TP trading it is usually a diminishing return over time, unless you are farming certain areas in the game.

It is not hard to get 10g in 10 mins, I can show you a way to get > 20g right now instantly from the TP for a particular item, just through its buy orders so you wont even be undercut by others, but it will be a diminishing return over time. You can earn even more if you sell through sell orders but that wont be instant gold now would it?

You can always target some other market/items which have good profits even if they are slightly lower returns and move on from there. In total, you can earn a lot more and certainly possible to get more than 100g in a day if you work towards that.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

yes, quite easy

1- Have 10000 gold in wallet

2- speculate with expensive items, buy low sell high

3- make much more than 10g in 10 minutes

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

How long would that take? You want to earn the max amount of gold FAST!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pie Flavor.1647

How long would that take? You want to earn the max amount of gold FAST!

it’s only bottlenecked by the speed of the trading post, all you have to actually do is place buy orders for stacks of 250 items, then place sell orders for the same stacks and do this over and over and over, if you find a profitable one and depending on the velocity of the market, you may end up with earnings of upwards to 1000g/hour.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Sell your skill points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Sell your skill points.

At 10 min per day, i dont think its a viable option in the long run.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

it’s only bottlenecked by the speed of the trading post, all you have to actually do is place buy orders for stacks of 250 items, then place sell orders for the same stacks

You need to earn 10g in 10 mins. I have my doubts on that approach, not to mention people undercutting you, etc. Your approach is too slow.

The best way to ensure that you get that within the time limit is to sell through buy orders so you can get your gold instantly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Try minis/insignias/inscriptions. All of those can be flipped pretty quickly and some particular ones have quite high profits. Yesterday I was flipping some minis within a matter of minutes for ~40-60s profit per.

shrug

Get creative and find your own niche if you truly want to make some moolah.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

it’s only bottlenecked by the speed of the trading post, all you have to actually do is place buy orders for stacks of 250 items, then place sell orders for the same stacks

You need to earn 10g in 10 mins. I have my doubts on that approach, not to mention people undercutting you, etc. Your approach is too slow.

The best way to ensure that you get that within the time limit is to sell through buy orders so you can get your gold instantly.

Your buy orders and sell listings are still active once you log out. The OP wanted ~50g profit with playing 10 minutes 5 times a week.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

every time I’ve bought gold with paypal from the BLTC it takes way less than 10 minutes. And 800 gems make you about 32 gold. So you only have to drop $10 every 3 days.

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yes but it is not reliable since it depends on the amount of supply I can get and when it sells. Most days I consider 10-25g a hour good. Still it is always profitable just not reliable when you get the profits back.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I used to make an average 1.8g a day in about 4 minutes.

I was one of the guys supplying Silver Doubloon to market, and I have a lot of alts .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Your buy orders and sell listings are still active once you log out. The OP wanted ~50g profit with playing 10 minutes 5 times a week.

I am pretty sure that being forced to logout while waiting for hours outside the game is not what the OP has in mind.

Found out something else you can make for an instant 30+g EACH without owning any base account-bound materials.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Parking alts at nodes and selling the materials from those nodes… yet that requires you to be at perma node every day and listing all those 10x hits on a rich node per character by so many characters.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Assuming short time translated to an hour or 2 the only real method to making gold at the pace your wishing is playing the tp as a trader or a farmable material supplier. or doing several dungeons runs really quick.

#ELEtism

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Re- original question: Yes, you can make approximately 10g in a short play time. You need to find one niche in the market and be the guy who fills it. Your best bet is probably crafting, followed by straight flipping.

You will need to spend a bit of time up front figuring out what sells (hint: many lower level gear items sell much faster than you might think), how many you can move in a day and the profit per. I have one market where I am pretty much the only player, move 75-100 items/day in and day out at a profit of usually 6 silver per item. Not quite 10g, but consistent easy money. Say you found a jewelry set that you thought would work – order mats and make one amulet, 2 rings and 2 earrings and post. Next day – did they sell? did you get undercut? If so, by how much and how many items underneath? If they sold, make 3-5 the next day and increase until you find what the market will bear.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

purge your collectables of stuff you don’t need, made almost 30g in 10 mins off stuff i had no use for

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I am pretty sure that being forced to logout while waiting for hours outside the game is not what the OP has in mind.

I’m pretty sure placing buy orders and sell listings then logging out is exactly what OP had in mind. no way are you going to make 10g from 10 min of champ farming.

to OP, I’m going to recommend ecto/inscription/insignia salvaging. place buy orders for select rares and exotics, log out for the day, come back next day, salvage everything, sell list everything, place new buy orders, repeat. you can easily make 10g in 10 min. some items can give 1g profit per item. admittedly, only a few of those go through, but let’s say you place buy orders on 30 different items (maybe 5 items each; costs you around 200g), you will likely have 15 items to salvage the next day = 15g profit.
It doesn’t scale very well: the more you invest, the lower the profit per item, to the point where it’s only like 10s per item, where it’s not really worth your time. 10g/day is easily doable, but 100g/day is much more than 10 times as hard.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

I’m pretty sure placing buy orders and sell listings then logging out is exactly what OP had in mind. no way are you going to make 10g from 10 min of champ farming.

I don’t think I have ever recommended doing champ farming for gold. But depending on the number of available skill points that he has, he can easily get >30g to 200g pure profit based solely on instant buy orders just from the mystic forge, without the need to logout and wait. I am impatient that way.

The problem with people is that they over rely on buggy websites that misled them from actual profits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Simple, work an extra hour per week, buy 800 gems and convert them to gold.

Makes it roughly what you need per week and hey, you won’t even have to login to do some tasks like gathering, flipping or selling mats!!

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

to OP, I’m going to recommend ecto/inscription/insignia salvaging. place buy orders for select rares and exotics, log out for the day, come back next day, salvage everything, sell list everything, place new buy orders, repeat. you can easily make 10g in 10 min. some items can give 1g profit per item. admittedly, only a few of those go through, but let’s say you place buy orders on 30 different items (maybe 5 items each; costs you around 200g), you will likely have 15 items to salvage the next day = 15g profit.
It doesn’t scale very well: the more you invest, the lower the profit per item, to the point where it’s only like 10s per item, where it’s not really worth your time. 10g/day is easily doable, but 100g/day is much more than 10 times as hard.

I would second that. Salvaging exotic insignias and inscriptions that are not craftable is a very profitable business and in my opinion, the best specific advice yet on this topic to make 10 gold (on average) with just 10 minutes of your time.

Why is that so? Because the salvage rate of isnignias/inscriptions is not documented as good on the wiki as for example ecto salvage rates and upgrade salvage rates (which are determined by the salvage kit you use and is fixed). Its also way harder to filter the tp towards a group of gear that offers insignias/inscriptions for salvage due to named armor sets and weapons.

I know that mystic and me have a far higher sample size of salvaging those than the wiki offers, through pms. Personally, i salvaged over 2k exotic sentinel gear (which droprates got reintroduced into the economy after Flame&Frost with the Ultimate Citizens Rescue Bag /UCRB) for defeating Scarlet). This profit scheme is over but i would just like to explain how i profited so much from it.
If you search the tp for sentinel items and put the filter to exotic, you will get 99 items.
18 are crafted for each armor profession, plus 19 for each crafted weapon and plus 3 for sentinels bane and the inscription and insignia. So overall, 49 exotic weapons and armor with sentinel stats got reintroduced through a possible drop from the UCRB. You might have never got a drop of those but in general, the market got flooded with those without being noticed. As their supply was pretty scarce before the last LS updates, nobody knew that you could actually salvage Sentinel Inscriptions and Insignias. I knew because i checked. And in those 4 weeks I salvaged about 2k exotic Sentinel gear, which i got between 1-2g (due to the increased drop rate) and sold them between 7-10g. At the start, i used up all my BL savage kits on this but later found out that master salvage kits would yield the same profit, if not more.
You wonder why i make so much profit? Its because i take a chance and know a market before anybody else. I told this tip to some people in my guild, they bought some sentinel gear directly and salvaged 5 of them for 1 insignia, not making much of a profit.
At that time, I salvaged more than 1000 and they wouldnt believe me that i would make a couple of gold profit per salvage.

If you want to make good profit on the tp, dont look for flipping or speculating, look for items that drop much due to the current game meta and look what profit you can make out of it.

Many people argued that the price of lodestones went down during the Escape/Battle for LA LS due to the 6 champ bags from the Knights or genertal farm. But who of you whould have figured that the mayority of Charged Lodestone Supplies would have come from:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvageable_Twisted_Watchwork_Scrap
and
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvageable_Aetherized_Metal_Scrap
which both dropped aplenty from regular mobs in that time?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

10 min of work at $10/hour = $1.66 = 133 gems = 8.8g
10g > 8.8g
not to mention that most jobs that pay $10/hour or more you can’t just pick up an extra hour whenever you want.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

the other great thing about salvaging is this:
you’ll buy maybe 50 various weapons, salvage them, and end up with 3 different inscriptions, 8 of each, which each sell for 4g. point being that you get less than one inscription per item, and the inscription sells for more than the item. the salvaged materials are easier to sell than the item is to get. So once you have the item, you’re basically home free. the only holdup is wait time for buy orders, which you can cancel at any time. so there’s very little risk – only time required to place buy orders and sell listings.
note that this works best for low salvages. If you salvage a lot, I recommend selling in stacks of 10 and sell another 10 when those sell – that’s about how quickly those get bought per ~day.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pie Flavor.1647

10g > 8.8g
not to mention that most jobs that pay $10/hour or more you can’t just pick up an extra hour whenever you want.

the comparison between game time and working time is completely stupid, it assumes people are incapable of both working and playing GW2 at the same day.

It also assumes all income from the job has to go to GW2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

10g > 8.8g

the comparison between game time and working time is completely stupid, it assumes people are incapable of both working and playing GW2 at the same day.

It also assumes all income from the job has to go to GW2.

Sorry, the reference got lost from Wanze’s post. I just don’t like wasting space quoting people when it’s not needed… except I took a min too long to write it and it was no longer right next to the post I was responding to. I was responding to this suggestion:

Simple, work an extra hour per week, buy 800 gems and convert them to gold.

Makes it roughly what you need per week and hey, you won’t even have to login to do some tasks like gathering, flipping or selling mats!!

and I was on the side of “don’t do extra work as a supplemental GW2-income”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

I would second that. Salvaging exotic insignias and inscriptions that are not craftable is a very profitable business and in my opinion, the best specific advice yet on this topic to make 10 gold (on average) with just 10 minutes of your time.

Why is that so? Because the salvage rate of isnignias/inscriptions is not documented as good on the wiki as for example ecto salvage rates and upgrade salvage rates (which are determined by the salvage kit you use and is fixed). Its also way harder to filter the tp towards a group of gear that offers insignias/inscriptions for salvage due to named armor sets and weapons.

I know that mystic and me have a far higher sample size of salvaging those than the wiki offers, through pms. Personally, i salvaged over 2k exotic sentinel gear (which droprates got reintroduced into the economy after Flame&Frost with the Ultimate Citizens Rescue Bag /UCRB) for defeating Scarlet). This profit scheme is over but i would just like to explain how i profited so much from it.
If you search the tp for sentinel items and put the filter to exotic, you will get 99 items.
18 are crafted for each armor profession, plus 19 for each crafted weapon and plus 3 for sentinels bane and the inscription and insignia. So overall, 49 exotic weapons and armor with sentinel stats got reintroduced through a possible drop from the UCRB. You might have never got a drop of those but in general, the market got flooded with those without being noticed. As their supply was pretty scarce before the last LS updates, nobody knew that you could actually salvage Sentinel Inscriptions and Insignias. I knew because i checked. And in those 4 weeks I salvaged about 2k exotic Sentinel gear, which i got between 1-2g (due to the increased drop rate) and sold them between 7-10g. At the start, i used up all my BL savage kits on this but later found out that master salvage kits would yield the same profit, if not more.
You wonder why i make so much profit? Its because i take a chance and know a market before anybody else. I told this tip to some people in my guild, they bought some sentinel gear directly and salvaged 5 of them for 1 insignia, not making much of a profit.
At that time, I salvaged more than 1000 and they wouldnt believe me that i would make a couple of gold profit per salvage.

If you want to make good profit on the tp, dont look for flipping or speculating, look for items that drop much due to the current game meta and look what profit you can make out of it.

Many people argued that the price of lodestones went down during the Escape/Battle for LA LS due to the 6 champ bags from the Knights or genertal farm. But who of you whould have figured that the mayority of Charged Lodestone Supplies would have come from:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvageable_Twisted_Watchwork_Scrap
and
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvageable_Aetherized_Metal_Scrap
which both dropped aplenty from regular mobs in that time?

That depends, I have been salvaging cheap exotics from the TP for a long time now. If you are using a BL Salvage kit, that would be about the cost of 1g/salvage. Most of the time, you need to place buy orders to be profitable. And there is at least 1 auto-outbidding bot that is frequently on that “cheap exotic with worthy salvageable rune/insignia/sigil/inscription” market and it usually buys in quantity of 2. It would auto outbid you very quickly. Your best bet is to do this while the east coast of the US is sleeping since the botter doesn’t seem to run it overnight for fear of detection by ANet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rovaeden.8546

Rovaeden.8546

…pure profit based solely on instant buy orders just from the mystic forge…

What do you mean by this? Can you explain this further please?

Thanks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Thanks.

4 words: “Vision of the mists”
Go earn your profits…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rovaeden.8546

Rovaeden.8546

Thanks.

Go earn your profits…

uhh, so you are suggesting that you create “Vision of the mists” at the mystic forge and sell it with a buy order and that is how you (at least one way) make your money?

I’ve never used the mystic forge before, seemed like a huge waste of time and mats to me tbh (pour in a ton of mats for … something? …maybe? What a crock of kittens)

So while your riddle of an answer prompted me to google that weapon, it did not totally answer my question in a way that is understandable to me, given my lack of experience with the mystic forge (loot toilet?)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Thanks.

Go earn your profits…

By my calculations, it costs about 186g to make one and they are going for 208g and after taxes you’d make 177g, how is -9g a profit?

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Thanks.

Go earn your profits…

By my calculations, it costs about 186g to make one and they are going for 208g and after taxes you’d make 177g, how is -9g a profit?

I am at work now so I can’t check for you. It has been profitable for a few days now but if you are looking at that website for profit values, it is buggy. Either that or somebody else who read this post has beaten you to it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Thanks.

Go earn your profits…

uhh, so you are suggesting that you create “Vision of the mists” at the mystic forge and sell it with a buy order and that is how you (at least one way) make your money?

I’ve never used the mystic forge before, seemed like a huge waste of time and mats to me tbh (pour in a ton of mats for … something? …maybe? What a crock of kittens)

So while your riddle of an answer prompted me to google that weapon, it did not totally answer my question in a way that is understandable to me, given my lack of experience with the mystic forge (loot toilet?)

Ok so crafting cost is about 119g. From:
100 mystic coin = 1g 68s 00
250 ectos = 96g 35s
250 Orichalcum Greatsword Blades crafted from 750 Orichalcum Ingot (upgraded from Mithril) = 21g 13s 59c
1 Eldritch Scroll = 50 skill points

Buy order price = 190g
Profit = (190 * 0.85) – 119 = about 42g 50s each instant gold

If you still don’t believe in the profit then count it as an early April Fool’s joke.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

10g in ~10 min is completely doable, but it requires some forethought and some risk. The key is crafting, but you need to have placed orders the day or two before, and know when in the week to place orders to prepare for your 10 min.

There are foods and intermediate crafting mats on which you can make 1-5s per craft. If you have all the mats ordered and waiting for pickup, you simply craft around 1000 item (which is quick if you do +/- 50 of 20 items. Then post at a price they will likely sell over the next few days. Easy peasy. And while you are crafting you can even bid for tomorrows mats and other flippable items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

250 Orichalcum Greatsword Blades crafted from 750 Orichalcum Ingot (upgraded from Mithril) = 21g 13s 59c

Hm .. how do you do that ? You need 1500 Orichalcum .. they cost a little over 75 Gold at the moment.
Can’t see how you do that so cheap with the Mystical Force Receipes :

Orichalcum Ingot
Source Mystic Forge
Type Ingot Promotion
Output qty. 10 – 40

Ingredients
250 Mithril Ingot
1 Orichalcum Ingot
5 Pile of Crystalline Dust
10 Philosopher’s Stone

If you get 25 Ori, you have to do that 30 times
thats 150 Crytsaline Dust and 7500 Mithril Ingot

30g for the Dust
59g for the Mithril

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Hm .. how do you do that ? You need 1500 Orichalcum .. they cost a little over 75 Gold at the moment.
Can’t see how you do that so cheap with the Mystical Force Receipes :

Orichalcum Ingot
Source Mystic Forge
Type Ingot Promotion
Output qty. 10 – 40

Ingredients
250 Mithril Ingot
1 Orichalcum Ingot
5 Pile of Crystalline Dust
10 Philosopher’s Stone

If you get 25 Ori, you have to do that 30 times
thats 150 Crytsaline Dust and 7500 Mithril Ingot

30g for the Dust
59g for the Mithril

I found a bug in my generated mystic forge recipe due to the way jewelry ores are treated versus common ores. My bad.

Here is a replacement: Jormag’s Breath.

Crafting Cost: 576800
               0 Karma
               80 Skill Point[s]
1x Jormag's Breath   CRAFT(576800)
  50x Mystic Coin  TP(7900)
  100x Orichalcum Sword Blade     CRAFT(301500)
    300x Orichalcum Ingot  TP(301500)
  50x Corrupted Lodestone   CRAFT(267400)
    100x Corrupted Core    TP(41900)
    50x Bottle of Elonian Wine     VENDOR(128000)
    50x Pile of Crystalline Dust    TP(97500)
    50x Crystal    SKILLPOINT VENDOR(30)
  1x Eldritch Scroll       SKILLPOINT VENDOR(50)

Profit = 8g 43s 10c instant gold from buy order

Not quite 10g but you can always make more than 1 of them if you have the available skill points.

You can always make Foefire’s Essence or The Crossing instead for a better Profit-to-skill point ratio but for that, you need the Gift of Ascalon or the Gift of Knowledge respectively.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Or you craft Destroyer Weapons that don’t even need Skillpoints. The question is however how long it takes to sell them. The last i crafted was shortly before Queens Jubilee and that one was finally sold after 6 months or so .. lol

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Or you craft Destroyer Weapons that don’t even need Skillpoints. The question is however how long it takes to sell them. The last i crafted was shortly before Queens Jubilee and that one was finally sold after 6 months or so .. lol

The most profitable items to craft are not destroyer weapons, especially if you are going for instant gold through buy orders so that you wont be undercut by others. You can be misled by gw2spidy if you don’t know how they arrived at their profit calculations. Furthermore, strictly speaking, gw2spidy profits only apply to crafting 1 item because the prices of your ingredients can change as you buy up your cheapest ingredients to craft more.

Not counting those that require dungeon tokens, I would say that Queen’s Jubilee recipe items are among the most profitable (e.g. Superior Rune of Resistance or Minor Sigil of Renewal). After that, comes the ascended inscriptions like Angchu Cavalier inscription or Grizzlemouth’s Rabid inscription, if you have the Dark matter. Then comes things like Deldrimor Steel Ingot or Deldrimor Steel Legging Panel, etc.

Don’t just look at one price, look at the total number of buy orders that you can profit from. This is why the gw2spidy profit numbers are not good enough, you have to also look at the actual total offers that you can profit from, not just the best single offer as you can usually craft more than one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

That depends, I have been salvaging cheap exotics from the TP for a long time now. If you are using a BL Salvage kit, that would be about the cost of 1g/salvage. Most of the time, you need to place buy orders to be profitable. And there is at least 1 auto-outbidding bot that is frequently on that “cheap exotic with worthy salvageable rune/insignia/sigil/inscription” market and it usually buys in quantity of 2. It would auto outbid you very quickly. Your best bet is to do this while the east coast of the US is sleeping since the botter doesn’t seem to run it overnight for fear of detection by ANet.

As a general rule, I would use a Master SK to salvage anything you buy for under 4g. Above 4g, and it might have something about it that would benefit from a BLSK. BLSK do cost around 1g each use, so you should make their uses count. BLSK vs. MSK is actually based on what the salvaged materials are worth, but that’s harder to calculate, especially quickly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Do you want 10 gold in 10 mins or waiting…. Or just 10 gold in 10 mins of time?

The latter is completely possible, you just need to have some patience :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

As a general rule, I would use a Master SK to salvage anything you buy for under 4g. Above 4g, and it might have something about it that would benefit from a BLSK. BLSK do cost around 1g each use, so you should make their uses count. BLSK vs. MSK is actually based on what the salvaged materials are worth, but that’s harder to calculate, especially quickly.

I don’t see the logic of your general rule. Take the Carrion Acolyte Pants of Divinity, right now you can buy it with a buy order of 5g 20s 69c. If you use a BLSK, you are guaranteed to be able to obtain the Superior rune of divinity from it, which you can sell for 8g 41s 50c sell order. Sure you can be lucky and still get the upgrade with 80% chance from your MSK, but if not, you may not be able to turn a profit.

With BLSK you have a 61% chance of salvaging the insignia/inscription too if you buy an exotic with a salvageable insignia/inscription. With MSK, that chance drops to about 42%. You can sell a salvageable insignia for about 3g+.

Plus you get 1.75 ectos/salvage on average with a BLSK vs 1.27 ectos/salvage on average with MSK on a level 68+ exotic. Therefore, for the guarantee of getting the upgrade, you can still turn a profit if the calculations are right.

=

Another example, you can buy Yakkington’s Pauldron for 8g 33s 11c and sell the Superior rune of the Traveler for 9g 85s 97c. Not quite a profit considering the high price of salvage of the BLSK. But if you do get the Dire insignia from it (61% chance), you can sell it for 3g 11s 93c which would more than cover for the cost. Otherwise, hope to get 3 ectos.

Salvaging exotics is a way of getting ectos and dark matter. But it is risky with low profits, and you are not guaranteed to turn a profit. Furthermore, it is a highly competitive market with an auto outbid bot watching over the buy orders. It is not a good market for profits but I take that risk sometimes for dark matter and ectos. It is certainly not my main source of income that’s for sure. Definitely not a 10g in10mins investment, regardless of whether you logout or not. And if you do logout, good luck getting the exotic with your buy order as the bot and others would outbid you when it comes to a good deal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

Where are you getting these 61% chance? It clearly says on the kit that you have a 50% chance at recovering rare materials.

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division