Are you happy with BLC rewards?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

If you are not happy with the contents of the Black Lion Chest rewards please say what you don’t like or what you don’t feel is useful to have in the loot table.
What rewards from the BLC just end up sitting in your bank for months without being used?

I know the BLC is a dice roll on something valuable/useful and not all rewards can be the most valuable in the game, but they should at least all be useful in some way with a level 80 character.

I’m sure anet would appreciate our feedback.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest

Some examples I can think of:

Killstreak Experience Booster
Gathering Booster
Instant Repair Canister
Essence of Luck
Mystery Tonic

I know some people will find the above useful but I find it hard to believe the the majority of players will be happy with these rewards, but I could be wrong.
Personally I’d much rather have any of the previously removed items than the above.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

Repair Canisters are amazing. I would never for one second think that they should go away from BLCs. The other items I more or less agree with, but the next person who comes along may be a gathering maniac and completely disagree with us both.

And really? You’d rather have 1 Copper than any of those items?

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i LOVE black repair canisters

and all boosters except strength armor and magic find r pretty useless

but above all i HATE mystery tonics i dispose of them instantly….maybe if they just had more monsters in them? or more uses?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

but above all i HATE mystery tonics i dispose of them instantly….maybe if they just had more monsters in them? or more uses?

You can actually forge mystery tonics into specialized account bound tonics by combining them with t1 mats in the mystic forge.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Miscellaneous#Tonics

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I primarily care for the ticket scraps, which have an insanely low drop rate. It should be at least a 1 in 2 ratio, as the current system of buying a skin off the TP is far more profitable than buying keys. And as a business I’m sure they’d prefer making real money instead. And as a buyer I’d feel less “robbed” when I bought stacks of keys only to get 1 scrap in 10 chests.

Items I think BLC could do without are the recently added essences, the scrolls of knowledge and unidentified dyes. Killstreak boosters. Gathering boosters barely render 1 extra log every 5 trees and are practically useless. Personally tested and compared against 3 chars harvesting the same nodes.

Items that are a maybe are Tomes of Knowledge, which is useful only if leveling chars. I’d be happy to see this eventually replaced with one of those anniversary scrolls giving 20 levels. Or maybe even less. 10 or 5 levels. But still one is just so easy to achieve with a few mins of gaming. Obviously set as a rarer drop in BL chests. The scrolls should ideally be replaced with their rare version that gives 5 skills, not 1. As the existing scrolls are just so easy to obtain from killing 2-3 champs.

I’m also not fond of tonics, as I have a big stockpile of 60+ unused and I get infinite brawl skills from my Bouquet of Roses and now Box of Chocolates, but I can see it be something players can use here and there for Costume Brawl dailies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

The rewards are not, and never were, worth the gem cost of a key. That is the simple nature of RNG. However, the return of keys found via PvE has gotten noticeably better over the course of GW2 history.

Example: I had obtained and used over 50 keys purely from mapping and story of new chars, all prior to the wonderful workshop of toymaker tixx (dec 2012), and yet all of my best drops (best being relative, keep in mind) have been in the past half-year.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m perfectly happy with the rewards from the BL chests. If good stuff dropped with any greater frequency, it wouldn’t be as fun anymore and it would it devalue the coin-worth of those items (as well as other items in the gem shop).

I consider BL Keys to be a lotto ticket for luxury items and if I really want something that drops from the chests, I save up to buy them on the TP.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Before they added tickets/scraps or any other “chance for” lure the BLCs were the Whitman Sampler of Gem Store items. And they always will be. It’s just now there’s a “Chance to enter drawing for $1 million dollars” sticker on the box.

They didn’t get more expensive. They still have, for the most part, the same selection of items, most you don’t care about. But too many people have convinced themselves it’s worth the expense to buy a “sampler of chocolates, most which you don’t like” just for that chance. On top of that the random nature and questionable odds hides the true price of ticket skins. Eve players got into a tizzy over an $80 costume item, here we are talking $100s just to get a popular skin.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

…the BLCs were the Whitman Sampler of Gem Store items. And …now there’s a “Chance to enter drawing for $1 million dollars” sticker on the box.

Awesome description of the contents. I’ve been referring to them as a lotto ticket, but your metaphor is more accurate.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”