Armor Skins in the Gem-store

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

You released three sets of Armor Skins in the Gem-store.

One is Heavy.
One is Medium.
One is Light.

The heavy armor skin looks awesome, just like it did in GW1.
The medium armor skin also looks awesome, just like it did in GW1.
The light armor skin look like what? the only thing on the set that looks acceptable is the shoulders, other than that i rather run in my starter armour. As i can remember, this light armor didn’t exist in GW1, please right me if i’m wrong.

You should look at the armours and only put out attractive Armor Skins. Do not put out mediocre Armor Skins like the light armour. No one will buy it.

Now for the second.

The Armor Skins cost alot and only have 1 use. This is very frustrating and will only become of use on lvl 80 once you got your Exotic sets. The thing is you will outlevel the gear at lvl 1-79. I would like to see an improvement to this and make it atleast character-bound with infinite uses. Account-bound would be to much to ask for and you would lose alot of income.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jasumasu.5186

Jasumasu.5186

Bump, for I too would like to see the armor skins character-bound with infinite uses

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BronxBrew.8743

BronxBrew.8743

Just transmute the armor. Seems simple enough.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

On point 1 – yes the light armor looks plain weird instead of awesome – it makes you look like some sort of home made superhero or something. First time i checked them out i really wanted the medium for my elemental (tell me that set doesn’t look like it should fit the magic classes!) and was shocked it wasn’t for the light classes, then i looked at the light version and it was just LOL – it’s shockingly bad.

Just purchsed the heavy one for my guardian (earned with gold, not money) and it is fantasic.
-
On point 2, you can re-use the skins – you just have to use transmutation stones to do it. Basically the 1st use is free and after that you need to earn/buy stones to keep the look without having to rebuy the entire set again.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Yes trans stones are there (until 80 then you need fine trans stones) but it simply doesn’t feel right to buy a skin (not actual gear just a skin) and only have 1 use out of it. and yes I’m swimming in trans stones too… still I won’t buy skins until they work like HoM rewards, soulbound of course.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

It’s all a matter of preference. Just cause you don’t like something, doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t like it and it shouldn’t be there.

And just an FYI, that armor was in GW1. And I’ve seen a lot of people using it on my world. It was called Profane in GW1.

Attachments:

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Didn’t know transmutation stones worked. I heard alot of complaining that you only can transmute it once.
Never mind then, i got mis-informed.

It’s all a matter of preference. Just cause you don’t like something, doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t like it and it shouldn’t be there.

And just an FYI, that armor was in GW1. And I’ve seen a lot of people using it on my world. It was called Profane in GW1.

The Profane armor looks odd, everyone i have talked to in-game feels the same. Sure there is always some that like it, sadly not the majoirty. If something is attractive for the majority in the Gem-store, ArenaNet will make more cash(and we will get more and faster Game updates). Pretty logical.

The Krytan and Prime armor skins looks like lvl 80 armor and you can transmute it to use it at lvl 1. The profane armor skin look more of a lvl 11 armor, with the shoulders on.

(edited by Zoid.2568)