Average wealth of players

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: iLuvCookies.7128

iLuvCookies.7128

I would like to ask how much gold people have. Just out of curiousity. Also, if you do not mind sharing, pls state your main method for earning gold.
Edit : I have 200G in my bank currently

(edited by iLuvCookies.7128)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WSTProphecy.9428

WSTProphecy.9428

Currently 57gold, have about 150gold+in my armors and weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

71 gold in the bank (saving to unlock “Golden” title – ussualy I only keep about 20g on hand for whims)

+ I have hundreds of gold in t6 materials as I slowly build up to being able to create gifts of might and magic.

+ 2 characters in full exotics and 3 more in near-full exotics. Most of those 80s keep 1g in their individual wallets for sudden expenses.

And 56 charged lodestones… my precious stash as I work towards Infinite Light.

I am a harvester – I go out on loops with one 80, find all the good nodes, then come back with 2-5 other characters and grab them repeatedly (corriander seeds for the win). I do a random dungeon now and then by answering PUG requests in LA (1 a day maybe). I do a level 10 or 20 Fractal daily when friends are on and ask me to come.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Around 55g right now. Probably spent another 20 lifetime on gems and items.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Keeping around 20g right now.. stopped playing alts and focused on 1 character.. started having a bit of money lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

I have spent over 380 gold last week while gambling in the toilet, for an overall loss of 140~150 gold. Kittening RNG bullkitten!

This week, I’ve spent over 280 gold on gems to try get ticket(s) for fused weapon skin(s), and then called it quits because I got none, while I know people who got 1~2 ticket(s) out of only 5 chests. Kittening RNG bullkitten!

Overall, I’m getting fed up extremely fast with ANet taking this RNG route to most things. I never encountered this issue in GW1. Get your act together ANet. That’s all I have to say.

Extremely disappointed about how this fused weapon skins issue is being handled at this point.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

I can’t imagine thinking so little of ~700g as to throw it away like that.

Maybe I’ll think that way in a few years, but not now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

67 Silver.
I go on t6 gathering runs everyday, I do Hotw path 1 and CoF path 1 everyday,
I sell my fine crafting mats every week.. I play too much WvW.

As a side note I have all the mats for Vision of the mists just levelling my Mesmer for it.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I was rich, but just finished my legendary. Ive got about 50g now. I regularly sell everything I have. I try to jump on each night and farm either Cursed Shore, Frostgorge or Southsun Cove and sell everything I get. I mostly want to WvW though, so its hard to be rich I imagine there would be some people out there with 10,000+, I could be in that boat but its not the way I play the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

39, mostly WvW.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WSTProphecy.9428

WSTProphecy.9428

Also my main method for earning gold is farming Shelters/Penitient camp event chain and selling the mats and salvaging any rares for there ectos. I also try to get to most of the daily chest bosses and if i get an exotic sell it if not salvage the rares for there ecto.

I keep all my greens for the day and when I’m about to get off and go to bed I put 4 in the Mystic Forge and salvage any rares I get out of it. Generally make more doing this then vendering the greens as they sell for so little. One ecto is roughly 26s in profit most greens are around 1.5s.. That means you can put 17.5 greens into the forge and if you get a rare and it yeilds an ecto you at least broke even. Works for me generally getting 2 rares from 14 or so greens. But it’s all about the RNG.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

9g, over 350g in gear/accessories.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

78 gold. 4 characters in full exotics. 4 more need to be done so I will be poor pretty soon. Mostly get gold by farming level 80 zones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

I have about 80 gold or thereabouts in the bank. Never seen three figures.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

About 365g at the moment, with a lot more in mats. I don’t play the TP I simply just don’t spend most of the time.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: andeysmandey.1647

andeysmandey.1647

Im almost done with my eternity, 3000g +

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I currently have about ~9 g. I usually have between 15-30g.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Persepolis.6295

Persepolis.6295

I have Eternity, Bolt, Infinite Light. My current gold is at 681g and
I listed a third Incinerator up on the tp. Pretty much future proof for new stuff.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I have about 90g. Slowly working toward legendary. I also still have a few crafting professions to master, so I’m hanging on to most of my materials. I do lots of chest events every day for money. I sell the blues and greens to the vendor, salvage the rares, and sell the resulting upgrades on the TP (saving the ectos). Any exotics I can’t use I sell on the TP, usually for 1-3g.

From the few dungeons I’ve done, that seems like a much faster way to make money, but is more hassle for me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Captain Hero.1230

Captain Hero.1230

got around 4-5 silver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

2.8k in pocket 3.1k on the post, all mats stacked high etc etc, goal is to hit 10k

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

There is going to be a huge wealth gap between players much like in rl. Those that play varied content will have 0-100g on avg and then there will be those that play the TP and grind things like Cofp1. For those I would have to reason based off experience, but I would venture to say 1,000-10,000g.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Only got 20 gold in my pocket

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Wow, I always thought I was abysmally poor, but the replies in this thread are making me feel rich. o_O

I have about 200g. I honestly thought that was very little for someone who has played ~20 hours a week since September. I’ve actually struggled to find ways to make more gold. What I have is mostly due to selling everything and buying little to nothing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I have 75 gold in my pocket.

I have 150 gold in the bank in my “Items for Sale” which I would consider potential income.

I have about 200 gold worth of cashable in my collectible tabs.

My gear on my two main characters is probably only worth like 50 gold though. But you can’t “cash out” that, so I wouldn’t really count it. Plus ascended stuff for example is more worth time than money.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

Wow, I always thought I was abysmally poor, but the replies in this thread are making me feel rich. o_O

I have about 200g. I honestly thought that was very little for someone who has played ~20 hours a week since September. I’ve actually struggled to find ways to make more gold. What I have is mostly due to selling everything and buying little to nothing.

I have ~1,400 hours played. As was pointed out in a nearby thread, players who do a variety of activities have wildly less money compared to similar play times focused on using the TP or farming the heck out of 2-3 extremely fast dungeon paths.

I’m one of the people that plays to PLAY (as in liesure activity with some light cognitive demand) rather than playing with gold as a scoring mechanism. So I don’t have an amazing amount of gold, but I also don’t complain about it (…much – I still gripe about core and lodestone drop rates just a little).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Caledore.6271

Caledore.6271

About 30 gold. I don’t play a ton and when I do, it’s never to grind money, as for me, grinding of any sort (and playing the TP) is less fun than watching paint dry. I can’t even fathom how some people have made so much gold.

I do have full exotics on my main, so there’s not anything in particular I really need money for until I get alts to 80 (my next highest character is only 47, so I have a while to go). I may eventually buy the mats for an Ascended backpack, or maybe another character slot. I have zero interest in the legendary grind, so I don’t really have to worry much about that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I guess I should make note that I play a lot (an average of 2 hours a day), but it’s mostly for fun. I spend about a minute a day on the trading post. I check on the few items I keep tabs on. I find with even casual investments, you can make decent money in the long run. But really, just playing and not spending your money on crazy stuff nets you a lot of money in the long run.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I’m one of the people that plays to PLAY (as in liesure activity with some light cognitive demand) rather than playing with gold as a scoring mechanism.

I am normally the same, but since the buff to boss event chests I have added farming some of them into my routine, which often helps complete some of the daily achievements as well. It assures me of a modest ~2g/day income (since the subsequent account bound nerf), which is substantially more than I was making prior. There isn’t much gold to be had from being an altoholic who enjoys roaming about the world doing random DEs and map completion, sadly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

from around 700 Gold to 7G due to gearing and leveling new alts and getting t6 mats since I dont like RNG

now my WvW income is for food and if I get a exotic I get myself some nice stuff

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve probably got around 8 gold across all 5 of my level 80 characters, at the moment.

That number will not be going up any time soon (and will in fact probably be going down) since I just hit level 80 with all of them, so I’ve got a LOT of gear to buy over the forseeable future. Full Exotic gear sets for every character just for starters (though I just bought Masterwork gear until I can afford that). I’ve also got my eye on a number of expensive “luxury” items such as 2 sets of T3 cultural gear, a number of Order weapons, and eventually hoping to make both Arachnophobia and The Crossing.

At this point the only thing that will get me out of the “hole” any time soon would be a lucky precursor drop that I could sell. Definately not counting on that, though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RetiredBard.5294

RetiredBard.5294

~840g cash on the character I use for most of my trading, 2-6g on each of my others (I currently have 10 characters, including 8 at level 80), full exotics on three of them. All crafting maxed over 4 characters, lots and lots of mats, some money invested at any given time…

I’d probably be at around 1100-1200g right now if I hadn’t found trading to be so tedious and taken a break from it. As it stands, I have more gold than I can ever imagine spending, and I don’t care to get a legendary, so I almost never spend any of it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

In defense of my abysmal wallet, and poppin tags now, I’ve spent quite a LOT of gold on gear, gems, crafting, etc, etc. However, since most of that is soulbound now and not liquidate-able, I don’t count it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoey Hellry.7298

Zoey Hellry.7298

Around 170 in gold and a few hundred gold in non-gold holdings.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoey Hellry.7298

Zoey Hellry.7298

Around 170 in gold and a few hundred gold in non-gold holdings.

I make gold by dungeons, gathering, and orr farming, dailies and monthlies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

I have a little over 200g across 6 lv 80s, not including mats and gear. I’d say I’m dirt poor for someone with 1.5k hours in the game…although I spend most of my time not doing anything productive :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I have a little over 200g across 6 lv 80s, not including mats and gear. I’d say I’m dirt poor for someone with 1.5k hours in the game…although I spend most of my time not doing anything productive :p

I hear you.

I’ve stayed logged just running circles around Lion’s Arch for hours while chatting on the phone with someone before.

I love mesmer-boarding, I’ve probably spent hours just doing that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I have Sunrise, Bifrost and FSP, have about 100g now. Spent 150 on the forge two days ago, got nothing.

I have invested in Storm, so that’s about 200g in liquidity

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

I just bought Guild Quickshot and chest + pants cultural t3, and now i have 30 gold left.
No legendary, no superpricey stuff, i made my money by playing, most on wvw during the 2-3 hours per day i can play GW2.
Do i have any problem about that? Absolutely no. i can Prybar the heck out of people showing off legendaries in wvw, so i don’t feel like i have something less then them

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Flip and be rich, 1600g+ here and legendary go go.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Been bouncing between 700 and 800 gold in cash for a while now. It’s more cash than I need to play the TP with (can take all the positions I want for <500G), and I’ve been dumping additional cash into a variety of other assets to hedge my bets against economic changes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

~2500g current TP value of items equipped but I spent 1900g. ~200g on me, 200g on TP in some from. The amount of money you have depends on how much time you have played and your farming methods: ~5g per hr from Orr, 7-15g per hr from Cof speed runs, or 1-35g per hour from TP. Trading post is not always profitable but when it is you can make alot.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

7-15g per hr from Cof speed runs

Estimate is very wrong. Your make believe farming data is so wrong that it makes me believe the only per hour you are dealing with is how many times you can charge your parents cc per hour.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

7-15g per hr from Cof speed runs

Estimate is very wrong. Your make believe farming data is so wrong that it makes me believe the only per hour you are dealing with is how many times you can charge your parents cc per hour.

The 7g per hour was the average amount of money I made per hour when I did CoF. The 15g per hour is how much my friend saids he makes with his 4warrior 1 mesmer group. The faster your CoF runs to more money you make and gold buffs help too. Also, he uses the dungeon tokens to buy and salvage the rares for ecto.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pariah.1457

Pariah.1457

I only keep around 30-40g in my bank, always spending the extra on weapon/armor skins for my 8 characters…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Broke. I have all my gifts for the legendary though, and two fully geared 80s, every crafting profession maxxed and a few mats. I spend all my gold to throw in the forge for my precursor. So ima be broke for a very long time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

~715g

Got a lucky drop from the toilet xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sorcerer.3095

Sorcerer.3095

Wow, most of you guys are rich. I have around 15g across all my chars. No expensive mats (I sell them all – I only craft for levels)

No expensive gear on characters either, all token/karma/laurel/dropped gear.

I’ve only been playing for 3 months and needed to convert a lot of money to gems, so that’s why I’m still poor ;-)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

0g.

I spent it all buying 106 Black Lion Chests and not getting a Fusion weapon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

currently ~400g. after my buy order for a precursor goes through ~10g.
in decreasing order of influence: crafting, dungeons, boss chests