Instant Trait Reset
Communal Boost Bonfire
Essence of Luck (50)
Essence of Luck (100)
Metabolic Primer
Scroll of Knowledge
WXP Booster
Gathering Booster

So they remove things that are useful and only available from the chest and add Essences of Luck and Scroll of Knowledge? Anyone other than me feel this was a bad change?

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Besides the karma booster and name change contract, the ones removed were useless. But, yeah essences of luck are less than mediocre.

Serenity now~Insanity later

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I liked the bag of coins and the small and medium guild discoveries. Influence is influence! I could always tell when my guildies bought BL keys- the discoveries would show in the guild history.

Anyone who’s champ farmed for more than 5 minutes has more scrolls of knowledge than they know what to do with. Sure you spend the points with Miyani for stuff to craft, but whose main doesn’t have more than they can spend already?

I was going to buy keys, and if I wasn’t so tired last night, would have done it before logging and going to bed. I want a Zodiac skin for my ascended weapon. However, now I think I should just buy the skin from the TP rather than buy keys, hope I get tickets or scraps, and be happy when I got cash back or influence. And tbh, was hoping for a name change contract for one of my alts. Now, if I spent gems to buy keys, I’d be seriously cheesed off if I got Essence of Luck (50), Essence of Luck (100), and a Scroll of Knowledge.

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ll miss the 1 Copper drops…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Getting one of those name change contracts was a pretty sweet drop if you needed one.

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The trait reset has a 7 day timer in the store. It seems like after this week you won’t be able to buy it directly, you will only be able to get it from random chest drops. That seems pretty lame (then again, the price of the item in the store was ridiculous).

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No increased chance of Scraps/Tickets? Still not buying any Black Lion Keys then. XD

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

No increased chance of Scraps/Tickets? Still not buying any Black Lion Keys then. XD

this

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

So they remove things that are useful and only available from the chest and add Essences of Luck and Scroll of Knowledge? Anyone other than me feel this was a bad change?

So they replaced a mildly useful Karma Booster and replaced it with Essences of Luck and Scrolls of Knowledge (two things that can be found in abundance in just 30 minutes of mindless champion-zerging)? Makes sense to me.

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Diamond Llama.9328

Diamond Llama.9328

I am also disappointed at the changes. The need to buy keys to possibly drop essences you could farm from killig mosquitoes baffles me. Suddenly the gamble isn’t so enticing.

Like playing 1c slots. What is the point precisely?

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

My point exactly, darkace & Diamond Llama! Now, how do you think key sales would go if there was a small chance to get an ascended armor piece, or even an exotic weapon? They’re big on metrics- let them see how we’re not buying keys anymore and hope they make a change for the better next quarter.

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

I’m disappointed at the loss of Name Change Contract. It was one of the few things that I’d actually want and had value.

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Luck… the thing I have no more use for and can’t sell… kitten wonderful… looks like I’ll be saving keys for a while.

If they were at least used in a recipe or something… but no…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I liked the bag of coins and the small and medium guild discoveries. Influence is influence! I could always tell when my guildies bought BL keys- the discoveries would show in the guild history.

Anyone who’s champ farmed for more than 5 minutes has more scrolls of knowledge than they know what to do with. Sure you spend the points with Miyani for stuff to craft, but whose main doesn’t have more than they can spend already?

I was going to buy keys, and if I wasn’t so tired last night, would have done it before logging and going to bed. I want a Zodiac skin for my ascended weapon. However, now I think I should just buy the skin from the TP rather than buy keys, hope I get tickets or scraps, and be happy when I got cash back or influence. And tbh, was hoping for a name change contract for one of my alts. Now, if I spent gems to buy keys, I’d be seriously cheesed off if I got Essence of Luck (50), Essence of Luck (100), and a Scroll of Knowledge.

Those were worthless items, not sure why you would miss them when there are other available efficient options.

Bag of coins gave you no more than silver. Small/medium guild discoveries are pathetic when you compare it to the influence drinks you can buy.

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’m not happy with this change. They removed actually useful items such as the karma booster (which we get so little of since the nerf in September), to replace with items you can get in 5min of playing, the scroll and essences. And mystery tonic is still a common drop, despite it saying otherwise.

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

yep…. the other night I used two keys and got a 2 dumb boosters a stupid dye and 2 annoying tomes of knowlege, and a essence of luck, So i figured I will never do that again.

However my internet was being a pain last night , so i figured I would go farm a key…

and yeah…. One dumb booster, another dye and wait for it ……. and essence of luck —- no more chests for me!

BL Chest content changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SFC Pestilence.1756

SFC Pestilence.1756

Today I got the Tome of Knowledge* the one that gives you a free level. Is that what you meant or are you talking the skill point one? I haven’t really looked at the loot tables or anything for the chests so I’m not sure if the chests drop both of these items or not.

• because I didn’t know if that was the legit name