BLT and the junk you keep!!!!!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cornish.8472

Cornish.8472

ok so i looked at items sold and it took me a good 1min to load (sold) stuff, Do you realy need to keep things that you have sold on record for a year i realise its kept server side but is ther a chance that this type pf info DL all the time is a drain on a failing system, by failing i mean lagging. What would happen if 1million gw2 launch players all pressed items sold at the same time? Bought is the same why do i want to know what i bought a year ago i dont the most i want to look back is 1mth at tops tbh normally 2 days or a few hrs to save me typing / running back to the back to right click bank inventory.

My point as i have already said is it possible that when alot of ppl are TPing useing items bought/ sold is it slowing gw2 down and creating more lag throughout?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

TP servers are different from game servers (thus the delay when you open the TP window), so the TP computations should not effect game servers in the least. Now, how the networking of the servers is configured COULD potentially effect the game server bandwidth, but I would hope the Devs took this into account when they connect the servers to their network and the internet.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

I think they make new server request for each page. So it does not matter how many pages with items you have.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the weird part: why does it load all 300,000 sales I’ve ever made, then only need to show me 10. at the least, it should only do the 10 currently visible and the 10 on either side of that page.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

Are you sure it loads all 300,000 sales you have made? I mean it looks like a paginated grid which normally do not load everything for every page. They normally load the page you are on and get a count of how many pages there are so they can render the next buttons if applicable. Then when you click on the next page button it goes and fetches the next pages results.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if it didn’t, it would take the same time to load the 2nd page as the first. what I observe is that it takes 2 minutes to load the first page, then instant for all future pages.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I’d rather they keep the history forever, but add a “search” feature so I can find something more easily than scrolling through a few hundred pages.

If you speculate on various items, it’s nice to dig up your original price — rather than having to keep a log book with gasp paper and pencil.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

if it didn’t, it would take the same time to load the 2nd page as the first. what I observe is that it takes 2 minutes to load the first page, then instant for all future pages.

That doesn’t mean you actually download all of it. The first, longer time, is probably the time it takes to initiate the session and the query, server side.