BLTC typing bug w/ crafting window open

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VforVendetta.4328

VforVendetta.4328

When I have my crafting window open and I also open the black lion auction house I am having an issue with only being able to type once in the search window for the auction how.

Example

I am looking at my crafting window for Armorsmith. I have a pattern targeted on my crafting window to look what mats or inscriptions I need.

I then open the black lion trading company and search for say an inscription and hit search.

I then click back on my window for my armorsmith crafting window and select another pattern or inscription to look at its mats.

I think click back into the black lion trading company search window (that is still open) and try and type that inscription name in the search window.

The result in the black lion trading company search window is it loses focus and acks like my keyboard is now NOT in the search window. My cursor shows its in the search window inside the black lion trading company but if I type any letters, it gives me functions as if I WAS NOT in that search window.

Example I start to walk with my character..

The only way to fix this which is really annoying is to click on another black lion trading company window like check my items up for sale and then click back on the search window icon to search the black lion trading post.

THIS HAS NOT always been this way. Also seems to be broken within the last 3 weeks to a month and REALLY makes it hard to search for items with your crafting skill and black lion trading company window open at the same time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Clicking search again allows you to type in the BL window again

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Clicking search again allows you to type in the BL window again

^^This. This is a good workaround atm.

But yeah, Anet needs to fix that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I agree. It’s very very annoying. I’d love for it to be fixed. Seems like it’d be a simple QoL improvement.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

This may not completely solve your issue, but it’s something I stumbled upon the other day while crafting….

If I understand correctly, you have the Crafting window open and the BLTP window open. You’re looking at a recipe in the Crafting window, you see that you don’t have any, or a lower amount than you need, of one or more of the components, so you type into the search window of the BLTP window to see how much it will cost to get more. If this is the problem, I have a solution that requires ZERO searching or typing into the BLTP window…..

In your crafting window, with the recipe active, right click on the item in question. You should get a “Buy more at Trading Post” option. Click that and you’re there.

I hope this helps.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Easier way to reproduce this problem:

Open the TP window, click third icon to show the search box.

Then go in your chat box and say anything, anywhere (map, whatever).

Then try to type back into the TP search box – you’ll find that you can’t.

To fix it, click “Show Filters”, then you can type in the search box again, or you can close and reopen the trading post window.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

In your crafting window, with the recipe active, right click on the item in question. You should get a “Buy more at Trading Post” option. Click that and you’re there.

Useful, although another reason I have this issue is that I tend to use crafting menus as a replacement for the bank menu, when going to the nearest bank vendor is a hassle. In this case I’m looking at active inventory and comparing it to the TP. This bug makes doing that a hassle.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

(edited by Ohoni.6057)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

Go to Tailoring station → start crafting something → Open the TP window, while you are crafting and try to do something, anything different than just looking. The lag is eternal. If you have to craft 1500 bolts … gratz! Go take a 15 minutes break or alt+tab the game.
I haven’t tried this with another crafting profession, but i believe it is the same.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

This happens to me when I use the Click & drag method of highlighting the text and deleting it. Something about highlighting text causes it to not actually give focus to the search box. Instead, click the button with the X in it to clear the existing words.

I have reported it as a bug but it’s one of those things that will never get fixed. An L2P (Learn To Put-up-with) issue.