Balthazar Back Piece

Balthazar Back Piece

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raiga.4508

Raiga.4508

Good day everyone.
First of all, I don`t know if this is the right section to post this in to, so my apologizes if it isn’t.
So what’s my problem? Well, as many of you know with the Feature Pack Update, reward tracks have been introduced. The first “unique” reward track was the one for the Balthazar Back Piece. I completed that one within the first couple days and got the back piece skin, which I thought was really cool.
However, I noticed that it was a trade able thing and so I watched the prices for the item on the TP and I realized that it sunk every day – when I first checked it was at over 60 gold, then 40, 20… my plan now was to sell the pack piece as early as possible, before the price sunk too much, and then in a couple of days/weeks re-buy it, when it was cheaper, in order to make a few gold.
Not a big deal, I sold it, and was pretty happy about the plan until the next day when I checked on the price again and the Balthazar Back Piece skin wasn’t found by my TP anymore – I relogged a few times, it surely had to be a bug on my end here, but no – the skin was removed entirely from the TP.
Now my problem is, that if I would have known in before hand that the skin would be account bound one day, I never would have sold it in the first place, as I find the skin to be really neat, and as far as I’m concerned, there haven’t been any posts or indications of the item being removed in the near future (?).
I asked the support about this and they told me that they don’t have the tools to refund items, that are sold on the TP, which is fair enough and I won’t complain about that.
But still, do I miss something here ? Is there still a way to acquire the skin somehow ? Was it announced that the skin would be removed from the TP later on ? Is there anything I can do ?
Thanks for your patience and for reading the comment. If there have been any similar posts about this, sorry, but I didn’t find anything when I was searching the forum for the tag “Balthazar”, so..
Greetings.

Ultimate power corrupts ultimately.

Balthazar Back Piece

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Some people might argue here and say that you made some gold on an items other will never be able to but the truth is that this will result in your locker to always be missing that one spot.

This is definitely one of those things Anet did overlook when they decided to make it Account bound on acquire.

I was planning to do the same as you but at the same time was aware that this reward track was not repeatable and hence did not sell mine.
You can try and ask for a roll back, i doubt they will do it thought but if they did technically it should reset all your progress, with that you will also lose any items/gold you have acquired since. Good luck!

Balthazar Back Piece

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s no use contacting support and asking for a rollback. They only do that to fix hacked accounts that have lost characters, gold and items. They will not do it to replace an item.

As for your backpiece, that’s too bad. I never looked for it on the TP as I assumed from the description that it was account bound. It was meant to be so and ANet fixed a bug.

as this thread in structured PvP announced on April 18th
Mark Katzbach
Community Special Operations
After this week’s update, it came to our attention that the Balthazar back piece was not account bound when it went live and players have been selling it on the trading post.
This was not intended and will be fixed in the next hotfix. To prevent players from continuing to sell the item, it has been removed from the trading post. Existing orders and sells have been canceled and will be available in your pickup tab.

Since this was a mistake they made, perhaps put a thread up in the Discussion forum asking for them to send out another. It’s possible that they don’t have the tools to send people reward items, but you can ask.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Balthazar Back Piece

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I specially did Balthazar track to get this piece to make gold, then this happened. I wondered why i couldn’t sell mine. Wish i could revert the reward for a better track. This explains a hell of a lot.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Balthazar Back Piece

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raiga.4508

Raiga.4508

Thanks everyone for your advice.
I’ll put up a thread on the discussion forum and see how it’ll go from there.

Ultimate power corrupts ultimately.