Basic Cloth Rack gives only jute scraps?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ztepam.9327

Ztepam.9327

Why Basic Cloth Rack gives only few jute scraps? and why jute scraps and not wool and cotton as it supposed? (considering the other ones)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It does. Likely RNG.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I got 3 jute, 3 wool, 2 cotton. I think you just had bad luck, or maybe it has something to do with Tools, I forgot to check that.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What is a basic cloth rack? I assume a new node for the home instance. Where do you get it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Gem store like everything else.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

1 jute 2 cotton, 2 whool.

@ Donari, you get it from cash shop. 800 gems, or about 120gold.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ahah, thanks. Since I’ve collected everything for the home instance so far, I’m adding that. Everything but the treasure chest thing, anyway. Hooray for having cleared my bank out of some valuable cruft the other day, I didn’t have to toss cash at it!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Got 2+2 jute scrap and 1 cotton. So seems to be random, just like the vegetable ones

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

120g to get some jute scraps xD

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I got 3 wool, 1 wool, and 1 cotton the first time I mined mine.

I suspected that I was really lucky.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

If you average 10 silver worth of light materials every day it’ll only take about 3.25 years to recoup the 120g.

in Black Lion Trading Co

lordkrall.7241

Why do people still keep thinking about these kinds of things as earning/saving money?
They were never supposed to be that. They are simply there for convenience. I for one love having a easy daily gatherer in one (small) place.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

my only complaint about this item is why is it on the other side of the Hoelbrak instance? when you enter the home instance there you have nodes right in front of you, but not the cloth rack

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amanda.5714

Amanda.5714

I like the new cloth’s rack i was surprised when they put this on gem store i hope they keep it up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Why do people still keep thinking about these kinds of things as earning/saving money?
They were never supposed to be that. They are simply there for convenience. I for one love having a easy daily gatherer in one (small) place.

I agree for things like the salvage-o-matic because that is a convenience item that keeps bag space clear.

BUT, it’s just as convenient (if not more so) to spend that money on the TP and it costs considerably less so, in this case, I think it’s a pretty fair comparison.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I really wish they put all these nodes near each other in a convenient spot in all the homes. it defeats their purpose to spread them out so much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

I agree for things like the salvage-o-matic because that is a convenience item that keeps bag space clear.

BUT, it’s just as convenient (if not more so) to spend that money on the TP and it costs considerably less so, in this case, I think it’s a pretty fair comparison.

It also comes down to usability, a salvage-o-matic provides different levels of convenience depending on how much you intend to use it, because the action of salvaging is repeatable, up to thousands of times a day if you were so inclined.

Same for an infinite harvesting tool, you can run around the open world harvesting for 8 hours a day if you wish.

These home nodes are novelty items, not convenience items. They provide exactly one use every 24 hours, incredibly limited usability. And essentially they save you from tapping your “O” key and buying up to 12 T1 – T3 light scraps once a day. Which, arguably, I think is actually the more convenient option.

Now if these worked like regular nodes, where they refreshed every hour, then I would consider them convenience items. And they’d work similarly to salvage-o-matics and infinite tools in that what you get out of them is essentially what you’re willing to put into them. I think very few players would actually be disciplined enough to swap to their Home character and mine them every hour on the hour.

But as novelty items, that makes it no different from spending 200g on one skin versus a free to apply skin. If that’s what you’re into, go for it.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

But a skin is something you would actually get use from considering GW2 endgame is basically dress up wars 2. The harvesting tools and salvage tools are great convenience items.

The node packs, OTOH, are a waste of time and money. Going to the TP and buying 200 scraps at once rather than 5 minutes a day for 2 months to get the same thing is silly. I don’t care if you buy them, but my original point is it’s a fair comparison to make with the amount of gold/gems they cost.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Today 2 whool + 1 whool + 2 Jute.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

So from what I read here, no linen?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ztepam.9327

Today I got 3 jute 2 wool 2 cotton, but I realy think this should be fixed like the others: 3 of each

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

So from what I read here, no linen?

Well, it’s the Basic Cloth Rack, there really isn’t any reason to believe it would be any different from the Basic Lumber and Basic Ore Nodes packs: a pittance of the lowest three tiers every 24 hours.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ztepam.9327

I hope in the near future they will put next ones to:
for mining iron/platinum,mithril, orichalcum ;
for logging hard, elder and ancient wood;
and for clothing linen, silk and gossamer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

If they would offer a bank for the home instance, than it would be for convenience yes. But nodes, no. A node is simply for profit. I can imagine that it could offer some convenience IF it was certain what you will get. That is not the case. So again: no, this is not for convenience.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I bought it immediately when it came out. Sure, it’ll never pay for itself, but I like having that extra source of cloth and the idea of my mule just wandering over each day and stealing clothes off some poor merchant’s rack is hilarious. XD

As far as actual mechanics, the item appears to work like this:

The rack gives you 3 random items, drawn from the following pool:

- 1 – 3 Jute Scraps
- 1 – 3 Wool Scraps
- 1 – 3 Cotton Scraps

My first two days of “harvesting” got me the following results:

- 1 x Jute Scraps, 3 x Cotton Scraps, 2 x Jute Scraps
- 1 x Jute Scraps, 3 x Jute Scraps, 2 x Jute Scraps

So judging from that, it may be possible to get 3 × 3 × 3 Wool, or 3 x Cotton, 2 x Wool, 1 x Jute too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Eric.6109

i got it… because i wanted to, and it looks nicer than the other nodes (with exception to the sprockets node, which is quite nice).

anyway, on 1st day: 1 jute, 5 wool.
2nd day: 1 jute, 3 wool, 2 cotton.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Day 3’s stolen cloth for me was:

- 3 x Cotton, 2 x Jute, 2 x Cotton.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

According to the wiki this does NOT count toward Daily Gatherer.

If people want to buy it, fine, but I really can’t see the use. Is there really some game-spanning shortage of cloth that people need this? Although looking at the bizarre way that the low level crafting mats are worth so much more than higher level ones, maybe this is intended to try to re-balance those absurd imbalance examples like how cotton is worth so much more than gossamer.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

At least in the case of the cloth rack, it seems to me that helps people who have only high level characters get some low-level cloth without buying it off the TP, since loot drops will mostly be higher level stuff.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Black Lion Trading Co

lordkrall.7241

According to the wiki this does NOT count toward Daily Gatherer.

If people want to buy it, fine, but I really can’t see the use. Is there really some game-spanning shortage of cloth that people need this? Although looking at the bizarre way that the low level crafting mats are worth so much more than higher level ones, maybe this is intended to try to re-balance those absurd imbalance examples like how cotton is worth so much more than gossamer.

Indeed. It is still a convenient way to get a bunch of low level crafting materials though. The daily gathering part was more to the nodes as a whole in the home instance, seeing as we have had the exact same thread every single time one of these were released.

Low level cloth items are harder to get due to scaling. High level characters usually don’t get low enough stuff to salvage into the lower tier materials.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

I really thought I’ll have 3 of each when I bought it. I mean, all of the others stuff like that works that way, and costs 1000 gems. I’m really disappointed can we ask for a refound or something ? I’m so tired of all RNG mechanics in this, and now even the stuff we buy on TP provides us RNG based results…

in Black Lion Trading Co

lordkrall.7241

Actually no.
Firstly it costs 800 gems.
Secondly the harvesting nodes are RNG as well.

They usually never issues refunds for buyers remorse.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

My bad, 800 gems (I also bought the wood-o-tron at the same time xD)
Yeah harvesting nodes are RNG, but I mine Copper, Silver AND Gold each time, and I have at least 3 of them

It’s so expensive comparing to what it does, if the description was better, I would never bought it (I’m french, so the translation can be really… bad…)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Honestly they need to remove RNG from this item, It should straight up give 3 of each everyday.

RNG should not be a factor when we are paying for an item…considering how long it will take to get our money back from it…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

If you average 10 silver worth of light materials every day it’ll only take about 3.25 years to recoup the 120g.

This. I feel SO RIPPED OFF by Anet over this item. If I could do a return and get my gems back, I would!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

Actually no.
Firstly it costs 800 gems.
Secondly the harvesting nodes are RNG as well.

They usually never issues refunds for buyers remorse.

True, but if one person were to really want their gems back, take a look at how the clothrack looks both on the bltc AND in your actual homeinstance… it actually shows sheets of both silk and linen!
Thera is nothing telling the consumer that these items are not being gatherable from this node, hell some could even believe these are guaranteed drops, from the look of it.
So having these sheets of unobtainable materials hang there could be seen as false advertising, something that isn’t legal in most countries.

If you were to point this out you could perhaps get a refund

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

True, but if one person were to really want their gems back, take a look at how the clothrack looks both on the bltc AND in your actual homeinstance… it actually shows sheets of both silk and linen!
Thera is nothing telling the consumer that these items are not being gatherable from this node, hell some could even believe these are guaranteed drops, from the look of it.
So having these sheets of unobtainable materials hang there could be seen as false advertising, something that isn’t legal in most countries.

If you were to point this out you could perhaps get a refund

ANet, please upgrade my Cloth Rack so it also gives out Linen and Silk, kthx.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Eric.6109

it gives everything up to silk