Basic Ore Node Pack

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

What do you guys think about this item? I feel it’s way too expensive, not worth it in the least. It takes over three years to make back the money it costs if you mine it daily.

800 gems + not rich ore + account daily, pick two not three :/

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

These convenience items are never intended to be profitable.

They are intended to be convenient.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Knaifhogg.5964

Profiting is in the other side of the spectrum. The only thing this does is help partly with daily gathering. 800 gems for part of a daily achievement is not reasonable. Especially since it’s so easy to get anyway. It’s like buying that Royal Terrace Pass for the daily laurel achievement, but at least that saves you more money in the long run since it’s a free-travel item, and it also includes every NPC you might need.

There’s always a way to “justify” a price, but that doesn’t mean it’s reasonable. I don’t want future content to be as meaningless and overpriced.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Profiting is in the other side of the spectrum. The only thing this does is help partly with daily gathering. 800 gems for part of a daily achievement is not reasonable. Especially since it’s so easy to get anyway. It’s like buying that Royal Terrace Pass for the daily laurel achievement, but at least that saves you more money in the long run since it’s a free-travel item, and it also includes every NPC you might need.

There’s always a way to “justify” a price, but that doesn’t mean it’s reasonable. I don’t want future content to be as meaningless and overpriced.

Meaningless and overpriced… to you.

Other people will find the convenience of hitting those nodes to far outweigh the cost of acquisition and those people will happily buy this item.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Knaifhogg.5964

Some people might find a face tattoo for 500 gems is completely worth it, even though a complete 6-piece armor set is 800 gems. It’s still the wrong direction for the Gem store. If they go on releasing worse and worse items for absurd prices nobody will bother buying anything. I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that those 6 gold trait resets don’t fly off the shelves.

They should release items people actually really want. Give us a reason to instantly buy something instead of “Oh I guess I could get that but I don’t really need it.. oh wow look at that price tag. No way.”.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I think it’s worthless.

It’s not even convenient!

There are several nodes, let alone rich ore nodes across the world that actually have set spawns that would give you more value if you WP’d to them.

This gem store item is just as irrelevant as Swim Boosters.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

I think it’s worthless.

There are several nodes, let alone rich ore nodes across the world that actually have set spawns that would give you more value if you WP’d to them.

It might be a one stop for daily gatherer though. Lo.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I don’t think its convenient. I do not visit my home instance, ever. If it appeared for me in LA which I visit at least half a dozen times a day then yes, I would definitely purchase it. But my home instance? Nope.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Might be a prep for increased need when jeweler is raised.

With the candy and crystal node those three would only bring you to 75% of the daily gatherer in total. I mean you gather anyways heading toward doing the other dailies …

I guess for some that don’t want to be bothered to jump around gathering this is a “little” timesaver. Not that it will get you anywhere fast. I’ll pass.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Of course overpriced, but you also simply don’t need it.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I was kind of hoping that upgrades like these could be earned through in-game rewards in the future once they add in player housing. You know, like a personal spot outside of your house with several mineral nodes to mine after you completed a player housing achievement or earned some “Gift of Copper/Silver/Gold/etc” through mystic forge crafting/RNG from mining nodes throughout the world. Then the same could be done with vegetation nodes through seeds for different plants, saplings for different trees, giving birth to a garden/forest somewhere around the player home.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Wildstar will have nodes that can be harvested in the land around their player homes, just thought it would have been a really neat thing to consider for GW2 as well.

Oh well.

I can mine these nodes more than once per day out in the game world and it wouldn’t cost me 800 gems. Unless this upgrade is only available for a limited time until it’s gone forever I don’t think it’s worth it.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think it’s worthless.

This is pretty much my feeling on the matter as well. This item isn’t even convenient.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I think it’s worthless.

Yeah, when I first saw that they were releasing the swim boosters at the same time they were heading back to Southsun I was excited. I was anticipating some more underwater action.

I was let down and those Swim Boosters are about as useful as a ruined ore chunk.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

http://new.gw2nodes.com/ would get you a lot more ore(and logs) and it doesn’t cost anything.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Not quite.

These three nodes, plus the Quartz Crystal Node and Candy Corn Node (if you have them) is five nodes. You mine them three times each. Each mining hit is 5% towards the achievement. At most you get 75%.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Meaningless and overpriced… to you.

Other people will find the convenience of hitting those nodes to far outweigh the cost of acquisition and those people will happily buy this item.

You can’t even get a daily out of it. You need 20 gatherings for daily. The three nodes will give you 9 than if you include Quartz and Candy Corn (which were acquired the right way IMO), you end up with 15. Any way you look at it, you still need to go out and gather.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

LittleLepton.8915

Not quite.

These three nodes, plus the Quartz Crystal Node and Candy Corn Node (if you have them) is five nodes. You mine them three times each. Each mining hit is 5% towards the achievement. At most you get 75%.

Meh, that’s 75% I don’t have to do… But yeah, right now not so much. I would suspect, however, that the next pack would make that the case. The next pack would be worth it due to it having expensive metals, though. However I would predict a tree being the next node.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Wait… what?

Don’t hear them Michelle Philps, you will surely beat them on the Tyrian Olympics swimming competition… just you wait and see…

After using our speed boosters for the racing part we’ll just need to figure out what to do on the jumping competition… I can already feel the booster coming.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Why not earnable, Anet?

I think it’s worthless.

Yeah, when I first saw that they were releasing the swim boosters at the same time they were heading back to Southsun I was excited. I was anticipating some more underwater action.

I was let down and those Swim Boosters are about as useful as a ruined ore chunk.

At least ruined ore chunk is sellable.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

My guild’s reaction:

‘I really do think they sat around at christmas, drunk, and went
“You know what would be great, guys? Low level ore in your home instance.”
“That’s amazing. Put that kitten up for 800 gems on the gemstore."
collective cackling
“kitten Jenkins, you’re a genius! Give this man a raise!”

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

And here I was hoping we’d eventually get to grow a small farm in the home instance by collecting rare seeds and ‘oreberries’. Calling it now, lets just rename the home instance the gem post.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

really? we have to buy the rights to mine a whole 3 copper, 3 iron, and 3 gold a day… this is a joke on every level. Is anet planning to strip the game of these 3 nodes or something to make these exclusive?

#ELEtism

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Yeah, as far as I can see, these nodes are almost completely worthless. For 400 gems, sure. For 800? No. They don’t reset, so they’re once per day, and only 3 ore per. Anet, tell us, why do YOU think this item is worth 10 dollars?

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I must concur with the general consensus here. Had they been rich nodes (guaranteed daily) or a complete set of all nodes, they might be worth the cost in convenience. As it sits now even if silver and gold skyrocket to the heights of silk, their normal harvest rate is pathetic and this player would much prefer to just mine them as I see them in the open world.

Thanks but no thanks ANet, I bought the unlimited tools and unlimited salvage kit (see the correlation) but I won’t fall for this one at this price.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

really? we have to buy the rights to mine a whole 3 copper, 3 iron, and 3 gold a day… this is a joke on every level. Is anet planning to strip the game of these 3 nodes or something to make these exclusive?

No, you can go out and get it yourself. Pffft, buy the rights.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

For 3x copper, silver, and gold ore once a day comes out to be around 9 silver. 800 gems average right now you can say 50g. Take you well over a year, close to 2 years before you see any type of profit from spending the gems instead of converting them to gold.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Not quite.

Just a note that you can get bonus strikes on nodes from Power of the Mists

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists

Gatherer: 1-20% chance of additional gathering node uses.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

If they were all possibles ores, rich nodes, I might see it for 800 gems.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crestorial.1869

Crestorial.1869

So, the nodes are available for each and every character you have or just limited to one account per day?

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

So, the nodes are available for each and every character you have or just limited to one account per day?

Once per account. So they cost money, and are worse than the in-world nodes.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Wait… what?

Don’t hear them Michelle Philps, you will surely beat them on the Tyrian Olympics swimming competition… just you wait and see…

After using our speed boosters for the racing part we’ll just need to figure out what to do on the jumping competition… I can already feel the booster coming.

I think you mean Michael Phelps :-P Anyways it’s obvious he was on the roids – you can see it in their face when they go to the winning podium and they have that ‘I can’t believe I got away with it’ look… it’s the same look I saw in Lance Armstrong, and it’s the same look I see with a fellow kiwi I honestly believe cheated – Hayden Roulston. And I haven’t been wrong yet.

Either way, swim boosters are so useless that it’s laughable. And the ore nodes would be ‘convenient’ IF you could get all 20 gatherings in 1 go, and it doesn’t even do that. And just going to WvW Eternal Battlegrounds (or even your home borderland and heading to the north camp which has quite a few) and walking round a bit, you get your gatherings with absolute ease – I don’t know why people complain about it being so hard?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I bought them. Even though I think it’s overpriced, I eventually want my home instance to be pimped out in a couple of years.

My only complaint is that in the human home instance… they’re not even by the candy corn / quartz node. They’re growing on a sidewalk about 50 yards away…. ON A SIDEWALK? come on…

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Add in iron, and make each node a rich one, and this would be well worth it. Later down the line you can add in a 1000-1200 gem ore node pack for rich platinum/mithril/orichalcum nodes and I guarantee that will sell as well. Basic nodes and leaving out iron (which I guarantee was deliberate) are both poor choices. Add iron and make them rich nodes and I guarantee you’ll see a spike in sales.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The problem with making them rich nodes is that means it’s a guarantee achievement point a day, if mined and if you care about such things.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Who says it has to be a “rich” node like the ones in PvE, it could behave like the rich ori node in Obsidian Sanctum where it merely has a high chance of 2 ores and a orb/crystal per swing, also these nodes will likely be hard capped at 3 swings, with 0 chance for bonus swings.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

I feel kinda dumb for buying these. I some how thought they were rich nodes for the price. Dumb me.

If ANet keeps doing silly things like this, I won’t be spending anymore of my gold in the TP.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I bought it, and don’t regret my decision. My mule already has a Molten Pick and he sits in the Home Instance 24/7 to mine every day, so why not?

I do agree that for the price, making them Rich Veins would be much more appealing though.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

LittleLepton.8915

Yes, and for those who bought it, the Asura home instance has these nodes and the crystal/candy corn very close together. Easy mining!

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azarhiel.4579

Azarhiel.4579

With rumors of scarlet wanting to destroy races zones in living story, i honestly don’t understand why they are selling this item. in short terms, if we don’t find anymore of theses ores in outside landscapes, i totally disagree with that item and the way it goes in the gemstore…

If it is a convenient item and we still find ore outside, it is still a borderline item and with players that are seems ok with this, we will then see some more advanced packs in the same way, and i don’t find it quite good for a mmo where you have to move yourself to get what you need.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Norn – Great Lodge
The nodes are about as far away from the entrance as possible on the ground level.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

ghost.3208

Wait… what?

I think you mean Michael Phelps :-P Anyways it’s obvious he was on the roids – you can see it in their face when they go to the winning podium and they have that ‘I can’t believe I got away with it’ look… it’s the same look I saw in Lance Armstrong, and it’s the same look I see with a fellow kiwi I honestly believe cheated – Hayden Roulston. And I haven’t been wrong yet.

Either way, swim boosters are so useless that it’s laughable. And the ore nodes would be ‘convenient’ IF you could get all 20 gatherings in 1 go, and it doesn’t even do that. And just going to WvW Eternal Battlegrounds (or even your home borderland and heading to the north camp which has quite a few) and walking round a bit, you get your gatherings with absolute ease – I don’t know why people complain about it being so hard?

No it’s Michelle Philps (yeah swapped some words ), my human character with a stack of swim boosters which will make Bubbles cry about not being able to catch her, that will show all the nay-sayers in LA!!

And yeah the ore pack isn’t worth it, but I’m tempted to get it just to provide some extra value to my home instance… But still it’s way too expensive (the alternative would be to work an extra hour… but that’s a lot of gold in conversion :/).

#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Does this allow party members to mine if they enter the instance with you to mine as well?

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

ghost.3208

Does this allow party members to mine if they enter the instance with you to mine as well?

Hmm haven’t tested it but it is possible with the Candy Corn and Quartz, I suppose it should be the same with this ones. Will check later tonight but someone can probably confirm faster now :o

#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Melborne.1476

Melborne.1476

Yes, you friends can gather your nodes and skill point(s).

I am deeply upset that this node pack isn’t for all home instances. Please fix, aNet. I sure feel as if I wasted my gems on this now.

(edited by Melborne.1476)

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m having serious buyers remorse on these kitten bleeping kitten bleeps! Less about the nodes and more about where they were placed. As it was mentioned above, in Hoelbrak they are placed furthest from the entrance and the Candy Corn and Quartz node. It’s like someone on the design team SPECIFICALLY wanted to make it NOT that convenient. More than likely someone said during the design phase, “Well, we have to make them work for it.” Well I’ve got a lot of opinion for them and THAT! Grrrrrr…… an 800 gem annoyance is what these are.

GG… plenty of easier and more localized node in zones than the ones we actually paid for.

ps… yes, they give 75% of the daily.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quiznos.4296

maybe the other “nodes to come” will fill the gaps between. If you figure there’s at least 6 more going in.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It does make you wonder if a Basic Arborist Pack and a Basic Garden Patch gemstore item is in the works, doesn’kitten

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

maybe the other “nodes to come” will fill the gaps between. If you figure there’s at least 6 more going in.

No…. I went to the other cities to check out the home instances. There’s a much larger gap between nodes than just spacing for future ones. For Hoelbrak, which I call my home instance and use daily, it’s bizarre. I’ll post a screen cap to show the available space next to the Candy Corn node. There’s room for 8 more nodes and there’s only of total of 7 different ore’s in the game. There’s plenty of room on the front wall adjacent to it for at least 6 nodes too. To put them across on the other side of the room is just for annoyance sake.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quiznos.4296

Room for 13 more. 4 more ore, 7 wood, and all kinds of foods. You’ll run out of room soon enough