Basic Ore Nodes locations, just NO!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Even though it’s a complete waste of money, I happily purchased the Ore Node Pack because of it’s sheer convenience. Also, because I’ve been asking for a year to have more and more of a housing type of gameplay. So, I put my money where my mouth is and purchased the node pack. BUT, these ore nodes in Hoelbrak are just ridiculously placed. Who the heck did this??

What logical person placed these things, honestly?
Get them all lined up along the outer East wall where the candy corn node is please.
Especially that Krait Obelisk Shard EYE SORE! Right in the middle of the floor, who does that???

This is really a repeated desk palm moment….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

#firstworldproblems

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swiftness

And i honestly think that people like you should own a desk

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gray Fox.9178

Gray Fox.9178

I understand the housing gameplay part of your buying process, but praytell, what is convenient about paying to waypoint to your home in order to mine these ores? How many ores? Won’t it take eternity to make the cost justified?

Gray Drury, Golemancer of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I understand the housing gameplay part of your buying process, but praytell, what is convenient about paying to waypoint to your home in order to mine these ores? How many ores? Won’t it take eternity to make the cost justified?

Again, how you manage to pay waypoint costs towards your home instance in any mayor city is beyond me. Same goes for your expectation to buy any ptw items on the gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gray Fox.9178

Gray Fox.9178

Again, how you manage to pay waypoint costs towards your home instance in any mayor city is beyond me. Same goes for your expectation to buy any ptw items on the gem store.

I was not aware that you could reach home instances for free, thanks for the information.

I’d also be heavily against pay-to-win items. I currently find the convenience to cost ratio as unfathomable. I also see no convenience, as the ores are easily acquirable via alternatives.

Edit: I’ve been thinking about what you said in that there was no waypoint cost. Would this entail Loading into the mists, loading into Lion’s Arch, walking through a portal, loading into the city, then loading into the home instance? That seems like a considerable time-cost, granted, it is variable for different users.

Gray Drury, Golemancer of Jade Quarry.

(edited by Gray Fox.9178)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

All you have to do to avoid paying to waypoint home is: go to wvw, wait for that to load. Then, take the asuran portal to lions arch. Wait for that to load. Then waypoint for free to the asuran gates. Wait for that to load. Then enter the asuran gate for the city you want to go to. Wait for that to load. Then waypoint to your home instance for free. Wait for that to load. Then go into your home instance. See, it’s simple!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

All you have to do to avoid paying to waypoint home is: go to wvw, wait for that to load. Then, take the asuran portal to lions arch. Wait for that to load. Then waypoint for free to the asuran gates. Wait for that to load. Then enter the asuran gate for the city you want to go to. Wait for that to load. Then waypoint to your home instance for free. Wait for that to load. Then go into your home instance. See, it’s simple!

Purchasing the Royal pass seems mighty good right about nw, doesnt it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not really. I just go to WvW Borderlands which has all the crafting stations, a BL trader, and a Laurel merchant. The one thing that’s missing is a Guild Bank NPC, but I hardly ever use that thanks to my pimped out Bank storage anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Not really. I just go to WvW Borderlands which has all the crafting stations, a BL trader, and a Laurel merchant. The one thing that’s missing is a Guild Bank NPC, but I hardly ever use that thanks to my pimped out Bank storage anyway.

If you can freely craft on your home BL without being shout at or me throwing copper coins at you, I dont want to play wvw with you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

You wouldn’t want to anyway, I’m sure. I’m that useless player in WvW who just runs screaming back to his Keep/Tower whenever confronted by a lone enemy player. XD I occasionally take part in zergs or refresh siege when I pass by Towers, but I generally don’t fight much. Not really a PvP guy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

…and to think i got on the forums to say that my resource nodes had vanished… i even went up the stairs and around looking for them, not realising they were placed all the way to the back.

what bothers me most about their placement is how it makes no kitten sense at all. the only “node” i can think of that is placed in a logical location is the krait obelisk in the sylvari home instance (and maybe in the asura one)

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

This wouldn’t be a problem if we lived in a proper house (like Eir’s) instead of a series of freaking balconies.

WTB – an actual house in which to live.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

To OP, the Asura home instance places them very close together, and I was told the Sylvari one is also similar.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

You can go to any home instances of any big cities even if your curent character is not the same race as that home citiy.

[DONE]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

The Human nodes are also located fairly close together, but I agree that the placement in the Norn home instance is rather awful.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve run around and checked all the other home instances and they are all rather poorly placed. Heck, for gems store items and maybe future ones, they could at least redesign the home instances to accommodate them better.

For Hoelbrak, yes it make NO sense at all other than to make us jump thru hoops. Which is what flames my kitten the most. Here’s a screen shot of plenty of space for 8 more nodes beside the Candy Corn and 6 more along the front wall.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeWolfe.2174

to continue, they have a great wide open area that can easily hold 60 nodes! It can hold 4 rows of 15 nodes across right upstairs. You actually have to run past it to get the other nodes now.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeWolfe.2174

to take it even further, that stair case should be a semi circle to free up the traffic pattern and allow people to enter and walk right up stairs.

(Let me add, I know these are game designers and not architects but, I’m not one either and know better

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeWolfe.2174

So, when I first bought this I was happy to finally get to add a little something toward housing. To be honest, I really want Sims level of customization when it comes to housing. But, since that’s not available and we’re stuck with whatever the dev’s decide, I’d hope they’d at least put a little common sense into the decision.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

There is Guild Bank access through the Guild Registrar. You can also access your personal bank through the guild bank (i.e. if you’re in the other bls where there aren’t crafting stations).

On topic: The ore nodes are in no way worth the financial investment, which is justifiable for convenience items (such as the mining picks). The problem here is that the nodes are actually very inconvenient, so there is no upside at all.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeWolfe.2174

Zinrae!!!!!! I can’t believe I never knew that about the guild Registrar. Great tip! Now I don’t have to load down my character inventory any more for reset.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I don’t think the nodes are necessary unless you are a Jeweler, and even with that, Copper, Silver and Gold aren’t exotic tier materials.
Selling them on the TP is going to be pointless if enough people purchase them obviously.
The convenience makes no sense for me because I practically live at the LA Trader’s Forum. My guildies can meet me there and a lot of events get organized from that spot.

This is just my opinion. It may work well for some folks. =/

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

I bought the nodes and don’t regret it. To me, the more nodes the better as with more nodes there’s more justification. I presume low tier wood will be next which i will also buy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I presume low tier wood will be next which i will also buy.

Now that I would buy purely for aesthetic reasons. A nice snow cherry tree could really pretty up the place.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

Well it could also food nodes which would fall in line with the increases to 500 in certain crafts. This would explain the silver/gold for jewel 500. Hmm..

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeWolfe.2174

#Focus! The thread is for discussing the location of these nodes

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.