Best item to craft and then sell

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

Hi guys,

I was wondering which item I could craft which will give the most gold when I sell it on the trading post? but of course doesn’t cost to much materials to craft?

For example few months ago I made tons of Mystic barricades. It doesn’t cost to much Orchicalcum ingots, and the gold you get per barricade was OK.
I have enough skill points for the eldritch scrolls.

Can someone tell me which cheap craftable item (probably MF) I could make and sell for a nice gold return on the TP?

thanks for the help.

Regards.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The best item to sell will instantly become one of the worst as soon as one of us posts the suggestion. So, alas, you’re on your own for this.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

You are right about that

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Armed Silon Il.4597

Armed Silon Il.4597

best RNG return on skill point is bolt of jute to bolt of wool.

or at least it was

Znaaff (Ele)
Jinxta Fleshrender (Necro)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Rusttooth
Sword
1 Eldritch Scroll
10 Mystic Coins
10 Steel Ingots
10 Seasoned Wood Planks

Either sell the sword or salvage for the Superior Sigil of Force, and sell that

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

You can look at gw2spidy.

I make bolts of damask and the new Huntsman plant food.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Easy. The best returns for craftable items are usually those that require ingredients that are not buyable (therefore they have 0 cost to acquire), or require some other currencies to acquire (therefore they have 0 cost to acquire), or that you can only create a limited number of these ingredients per day per account.

For example:

- Craftable items that require dungeon tokens. Since these tokens are not buyable with gold, therefore they have 0 cost in gold. But of course, they require effort to acquire which is not easily quantifiable.

- Craftable items that involves ingredients that require lots of karma/skill points/laurels/etc. to acquire. Since these ingredients are not buyable with gold, they cost 0 gold but they do cost in terms of other currencies.

- Craftable items that involves ingredients that you can only craft a limited quantity per day per account. (e.g. Bolt of Damask)

- Craftable items that involves ingredients or recipes that are now hard or impossible to find as they were introduced only from previous living stories (e.g. the recipes only obtainable from the first Queen’s Jubilee)

High demand craftable items belonging to the above categories, tend to give the best returns in terms of gold.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s usually the components that sell for the best profit margin, not the finished items.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Nice job.

Silk to gossamer is amusing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Current top-6 most profitable things to craft and top-2 legendaries: (I take percent profit and actual profit into consideration; so spending 2k gold to make 500g profit is lower down the list than spending 100g to make 400g profit)

Ring of Blood – cost 50s16c, sell for 9g90s32c (1578%)
Vallog’s Demise – cost 40s85c, sell for 6g49s95c (1252%)
Koda’s Gift – cost 40s85c, sell for 6g40s62c (1233%)
The Zealot’s Amulet – cost 59s86c, sell for 7g97s84c (1033%)
Rabid Beaded firearm – cost 6s12c, sell for 83s74c (1063%)
Rabid Beaded Trident – cost 5s91c, sell for 79s97c (1050%)
The Bifrost – cost 2474g, sell for 4099g (41%)
Bolt – cost 2732g, sell for 4343g (35%)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s only profitable if someone buys it at that price.

Ignoring the legendary weapons, the two beaded weapons require a karma bought material (1575 Karma each) that you need to unlock the seller, plus it’s a pain because you need to click 75 times per Sun Bead. The high bid for those two items are in the 30-35s range.

The other four require dungeon bought items as one of the ingredients which is why the coin cost of mats is so low.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Beaded weapons always sell out, but often that takes a few weeks. The dungeon-specific trinket recipes don’t sell well, because there are generic alternatives that are much cheaper.

Legendaries: those are only almost always profitable, especially if you consider labor as well as parts. But regardless, one can only build so many.

@OP: I bet if you PM most of us who have replied, we’d be willing to provide you some assistance in figuring out your investment niche. I am “teach them to fish” type of mentor, so I would ask you questions or point you in general directions. Others might ask you what you’re considering and offer a “good idea” or “um, maybe not so much” in response. And you might get lucky and find someone who is willing to offer specifics.

Another good way to turn karma into gold: chef-crafted unidentified dyes. Rare unID grays can be worth over 100s/1,000 karma while other colors vary more. Some of the profit is due to the fact that (last I checked) spidy had the wrong karma costs associated with the recipes, which tends to keep out any competition that hasn’t done the research.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

It’s only profitable if someone buys it at that price.

Ignoring the legendary weapons, the two beaded weapons require a karma bought material (1575 Karma each) that you need to unlock the seller, plus it’s a pain because you need to click 75 times per Sun Bead. The high bid for those two items are in the 30-35s range.

The other four require dungeon bought items as one of the ingredients which is why the coin cost of mats is so low.

I am fully aware of this OP just wanted the highest profit. he even said he’s made Mystic items, so non-purchasables are clearly on the table with this question.
I mostly provided that to show the question needs some work. what the most profitable thing is changes every day, and the things that were profitable yesterday might be costly today. It’s sometimes worse if you make something when it’s super profitable, because then the price will just drop and drop and drop back to normal, and you’re stuck relisting it 6 times. And as you said: knowing an item is very profitable doesn’t help much when you need to run a dungeon 4 times over 2 days just to be able to make one, or need a recipe that you can only get as a rare drop. I’ll even point out that if you don’t use dungeon tokens to craft these items, you’d use them to get ectos or something, so you’d have to compare this profit to how much you would normally get, and that might make this not nearly as attractive.

@OP: I bet if you PM most of us who have replied, we’d be willing to provide you some assistance in figuring out your investment niche.

+1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Yes, but it’s a legitimate caveat when one required element is difficult to obtain, relative to acquiring it off the TP. Plus the warning that simply because there’s a low sell price that would imply a huge payoff doesn’t mean it’s a legitimate price.

http://www.gw2tp.com/item/41711-sentinels-soft-wood-warhorn

I imagine that some novice flipper was attracted by it’s profit margin of over 63,000%.

But as for crafting it’s more often like this.

http://www.gw2tp.com/item/13553-amethyst-gold-earring

Where the GW2Spidy reported cost is 33.68s and high bid is 33.83s. Good luck selling it at 64.74s GW2Spidy has as low sell offer for the 21s profit.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

http://www.gw2tp.com/item/13553-amethyst-gold-earring

Where the GW2Spidy reported cost is 33.68s and high bid is 33.83s. Good luck selling it at 64.74s GW2Spidy has as low sell offer for the 21s profit.

scroll down that page a bit. the supply is constantly changing, going up and down. that means it actually is selling at 64s74c. when supply goes up, 99% of the time that’s because someone listed one. when supply goes down, 99% of the time that’s because someone bought one. just in the last 24 hours, the supply went down 21 times. so 21 purchases in the past 24 hours.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Yes, I know that. I didn’t want to spend all day looking for a better example. Too many times when I was crafting that I didn’t spend the time to realize the so call profit was wishful thinking, that the supply already far exceeded demand and that break even was doubtful. But you can’t trust demand either. You need to bring up the TP to see what the demand/price entries are and see if they aren’t vendor+1c or a minority of the reported demand on items without a vendor price (1c bid stuffing).

That’s my word of warning on the subject of crafting. Once bitten, twice shy.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

In reply to the OP, you can also often make a profit on things that are time gated. This is because the people who pay attention to the market will try and exploit it for maximum profit as soon as they see the niche. Time gating prevents that. Several items related to the new back piece have been quite profitable, especially if you had a backlog of charged quartz crystals.

Keep an eye out for updates which require crafting, even if you don’t want to craft it yourself because there is a chance that you will be able to make money out of crafting the components and selling them to the people who want the product right away.