Black Lion Chest Discussion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I hope its like how I envision the precursor scavenger hunt – that completing every single achievment for the Frost & Flame arc grants a once-per-account molten weapon ticket.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

this is just like what happened during halloween. why can’t anet simply let people BUY the skins on their own at i dunno 500-1000 gems that way people can feel lucky if they buy 5-10 keys and get one from their chests or just say screw it and pay for the one they actually want.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teebonez.8395

Teebonez.8395

I also opened 100 boxes today, and got no coupon. I realize it is RNG, but I am a very upset customer.100 boxes should have been a decent sample size to get 1 at least. I have been with this game since launch, and have spend a decent amount of money in the gemstore. I honestly feel trolled by Anet. Most of the decent skins are not easy to obtain, I understand that. I much rather would have spent my 100$ on just buying gold for Volcanus materials. I thought I was going with a cheaper alternative for something I thought was really cool. With a drop rate this low, Anet is making money like crazy. I will more than likely not spend another dime on this game, and would warn others against it. I accept the coupon drop would be low, but after reading the forum, and seeing a lot of the same stories, I dont get h ow it could be THAT low. Shame on you Anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elentari.9156

Elentari.9156

100 boxes should have been a decent sample size to get 1 at least.

I can understand that you feel 100 keys is a reasonable investment to expect returns, and even though I tend to agree with that sentiment on a subjective level, unfortunately that’s not how probability works. We don’t know what the drop-rate on the vouchers is, but we’ve been told it’s rare so let’s assume it’s in the single-digit percentage points.

If it’s 1%, then the probability that you don’t get any vouchers after 100 tries is (1-0.01)^100 = 0.366. In other words, the probability you get nothing is over 36%.

In order for 100 tries to have less than 1% chance of failure, the drop-rate has to be at least 5%. But even if the drop-rate was 99%, over 100 tries there’s still a chance to fail; true, it’s miniscule, but it is not 0.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If you believe the ticket rate is as high as 1 in 100 (which I’m leaning towards from aggregating massive sample failures and small sample sucesses reported here), 100 attempts is still only about a 64% chance of success. Or put another way, two out of three people who do what you did got a ticket – you just happen to be the 3rd person in that scenario.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RonnerBBQ.7684

RonnerBBQ.7684

Anet, Like so many others I’ve opened about 80 chests and no luck. Sure Pretty bummed out about it, since I feel like ~15 would be average IMO.

However I have a TON of useless boosters, mind making a similarr story how you made to halloween chest, combinding boosters and tonics or w/e to further get a chance of getting the skin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Anyone else have a Willy Wonka scenario playing in their minds?

I would love a trade-in of account bound gem store items; i.e. boosters, etc. for tickets.
Trade in for a ticket…not this chance at a ticket stuff:
20 XP boosters = Ticket
10 XP boosters + 15 PVP Glory Boosters = Ticket
The combinations of items is vast. I have over 100 Karma jugs and a dozen karma boosters…I’d trade them all in for a single ticket. I know people are buying bank space simply to store all of these boosters that are never used, but the space previously occupied by those boosters would be replaced with account bound armor and weapon items that do not stack, hence needing more bank space than with stacking boosters.

There are ways of working the acquisition mechanics to increase gem sales and actually boosting profits higher than what they may be with these current practices that many seem to view as “scams”. Steering clear of RNG and potentially chasing away players from future gem sales, or even from the game itself, ensuring players have an honest ability to acquire the goods they desire, and boosting profit higher (if done properly) in the process while ensuring continued patronage sounds good to me.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grendel.7918

Grendel.7918

topical

Veruca Salt: I wanted to be the first to find a Golden Ticket, Daddy!

Mr. Salt: I know, angel. We’re doing the best we can. I’ve got every girl in the place to start hunting for you.

Veruca Salt: All right, where is it? Why haven’t they found it?

Mr. Salt: Veruca, sweetheart, I’m not a magician! Give me time!

Veruca Salt: I want it now! What’s the matter with those twerps down there?

Mr. Salt: For five days now, the entire flipping factory’s been on the job. They haven’t shelled a peanut in there since Monday. They’ve been shelling flaming chocolate bars from dawn till dusk!

Veruca Salt: Make them work nights!

Veruca Salt: They’re not even trying! They don’t want to find it! They’re jealous of me!

Mr. Salt: Sweetheart, I can’t push them no harder; 19,000 bars an hour they’re shelling; 760,000 they’ve done so far.

Veruca Salt: You promised, Daddy! You promised I’d have it the very first day!

StinVec, you beat me to mentioning it while i was searching for a proper quote.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

It has been in my head, that exact same scene (as well as the teacher’s math lesson about not being able to calculate 2 bars) since I was purchasing keys I was really surprised to see that nobody else has brought it up yet lol Glad to see I’m not alone.

heh, just noticed, “… dawn till dusk” GW2 has both Dawn and Dusk

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VanDracula.7865

VanDracula.7865

Hello, I need break form gw2 but before that :

I hate that in gw2, u can walk backward in your “game-life”. It;s not like gw1 were u where always Aching something ;(

I got 1 break 2 months befor fractal path, i was enyoing game but didn;t had so much time at the time. But when i heard about precursor event from my guild-mates, i was really mad and postpone return.

In the time TP changed ( my 50g was nothing ), lots of people farm cof. Precursor are 600g or more ( and u can sell/buy legendary, wasn;t this weapon for your achievements ? ). And i with my 700h+ of game-play don;t fell so good and awarded like in gw1. ( yea i wish to get legendray as well got all gifts form “playing game” but not any from “farming game” )

I am really enjoy about world in gw2, it;s great. Exploring is not so rewarding so i don;t have much gold.

I hate gambling. Game shoudn’t live bad felling about doing something. ( maybe ending game )

40+ keys and nothing good from black lain chest. ALL of my gold went for it.

At least i got new bioshock infinite. ( complain ting, complaining, complaining but what i can do ; / )

And last thing. i was 2-3 weak ago interview bout gw2 where someone from gw2 team was happy to say that this game don;t have “carrot” [ item hard to obtain, only to attract long hours of “farming” ]. I don’t think so !!!!

Sry for bad English. Hope that some one want to read this ;p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t mind paying for them but I WANT to buy them outright not go thru RNG. All the people who spend money on keys, sometimes 100s of them, just confirms to ANet that they have made the correct business decision.

STOP PAYING FOR RNG AND THEY WILL STOP DOING RNG.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I’m voting with my wallet. You should, too. Every moron who spends dozens of dollars on these gambles is part of the reason that this happens.

Go get a CoF or destroyer weapon and let the keys rot in the gem store where they belong.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

I want to know what sadistic kittens decided RNG was the best means of rewarding players who pay and expect something other than garbage from a black lion chest.

I could spend $5 on candy and be more satisfied…

EDIT: Perhaps my first mistake was expecting anything other than garbage. My second mistake was getting suckered in.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by wookie.8934)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Nobody every claimed that a BLC guaranteed anything good. Ever. When I first showed up here a couple months back there were threads, one that I participated in, that discussed how BLC, their keys actually, weren’t worth the price in actual money or gold. But much like a lottery ticket there is a chance, a small chance, that you could get something awesome from one. And that’s enough to drive some people to play. The trick is to find something awesome to many people and advertise it. And they succeeded, wildly so if the Gold→Gem spike is any indication, with these weapon skins.

Then again it’s like those 50 cent toys capsule toys by the candy and gum machine at the market. Sure you want the one thing that attracts your eye but it’s never a guarantee. You want that big rubber spider or pirate tattoo (temporary) or that cute unicorn key chain, but you don’t. So next week you go to the store you try again.

And yes, it’s a form of gambling. But one that society turns a blind eye to. In Japan there are entire stores with just “Gashapon”, capsule toy, dispensers. Then there are the blind box toys. Here is a box, it could contain any of these 5 little toys you see on the back of the box from some anime series or sport (I have little Toho Kaiju monsters sitting on my monitor), only 500 yen per box. Good luck not getting any duplicates.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

The whole RNG thing makes me really, really distrustful and wary about arena.net, which is sad, because I’d love to support them more fully, but with tactics like this, it’s really hard to do. They know that people will go and spend their money without getting anything in return. Anyone who does this to their customers is really cold, sorry to say :/

It also does nothing to add to the “value” or “prestige” of these items. When I see someone with one of these weapon skins, I don’t think “oh my, what a skilled and successful player!”, I think “how sad, they fell for the scammy technique and accidentally got lucky. Thanks for contributing to a bad system.”

For the record, I’m not interested in these new weapon skins in particular, but I was super duper interested in the Quaggan baby pet on Christmas. Ever since the betas, I’ve wanted nothing more than a Quaggan mini pet, and I was devastated to see that the only option to get one was a gamble. That seemed really heartless. From then on, whenever I see a Quaggan, I feel a bit sad. :/

edit: to expand on what I just said, I’m a player who’s not at all interested in obtaining a legendary weapon, for example. However, I’d spend a terrible amount of ingame time and effort if I could obtain a Quaggan pet that way. For other players, they might do it for a Skritt pet or any other fun or cute items. I’d also easily pay 10$ for it in the gem store. But gambling? No, never. :/

(edited by Awbee.8405)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ed of Death.4819

Ed of Death.4819

Lots of games have successfully made money from selling items in there stores.

Blizzard made 2mill in 4 hours off the celestial steed.

What does that say? Provide things people actually want instead of this horrible mechanic and you will make money. I’m just not seeing the logic here.

Halloween did this. Sucked.

Wintersday sold in game weapon skins. Crappy ones as far as I’m concerned. Probably didn’t sell well.

Now we are back to the RNG chest. Here’s an idea for you Anet. Sell a good weapon skin in the store and see how much you make. I’d be surprised if it made less than the keys.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

I played Guild Wars 1 for about 4 years and during that time I always had positive thoughts and emotions toward the company. They struck me as people who only had what was best for their players firmly in mind.

Sadly that is changing.

Gamble boxes (black lion chests) with a low rate of return are a cynical and heartless way of prying money from people who have poor impulse control, a tendency towards gambling addictions or more money than sense. No doubt studies have shown it brings in more money than straight sales, but there are things more important than money and integrity is one of them.

Every time ANet uses gamble boxes as a way to make money, some of the great respect I had for them slips away. Once you lose your customer’s respect, what have you then gained and how do you get it back? This underlying loss of respect makes the forums more acrimonious, mistakes made by the company are not forgiven and eventually there is bitterness and cynicism on both sides.

As a good book said, what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your soul? What does ANet benefit by gaining more money but losing its soul, it’s moral center.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

Lots of games have successfully made money from selling items in there stores.

Blizzard made 2mill in 4 hours off the celestial steed.

What does that say? Provide things people actually want instead of this horrible mechanic and you will make money. I’m just not seeing the logic here.

Halloween did this. Sucked.

Wintersday sold in game weapon skins. Crappy ones as far as I’m concerned. Probably didn’t sell well.

Now we are back to the RNG chest. Here’s an idea for you Anet. Sell a good weapon skin in the store and see how much you make. I’d be surprised if it made less than the keys.

Absolutely this.

I dropped $25 in a heartbeat for the steed.

I dropped and will drop $0 for RNG.

I bought gems for a character slot and some town clothes. Guaranteed purchase.

I’d pay money for weapon skins, town outfits (even the NPC ones that were supposed to be on a vendor), luxuries, etc, etc. Guaranteed income. But for a random chance at something? No way.

That said, I am mostly convinced that it’s being driven by the monetizers, not ANet. I just don’t see it being their decision, going by their history as a studio. I would imagine lots of them are just as frustrated as the players.

“We have cool weapon skins! Can we put them in the store?”
“Sure, let’s put them in the st—-…. crap, publisher is insisting we put them in the chests so people buy more keys.”
“Cripes, people are going to hate that. Can we at least make it a coupon so people can pick the weapon if they get it?”
“….yeah, they agreed to that. At least we can sneak something in.”

That is my rose-colored theory and I am sticking to it.

Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

As a good book said, what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your soul? What does ANet benefit by gaining more money but losing its soul, it’s moral center.

Corporations don’t have souls, and if Anet was any exception we’d still be on GW1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Corporations don’t have souls, and if Anet was any exception we’d still be on GW1.

A company does not have a soul, true. But it should still have integrity and hold on to a moral center.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Where did they say that these skins were going to be a common item found in the chests? Oh wait, they didn’t.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eternis.1746

Eternis.1746

Not buying keys when they have these stupid RNG events. I. Hate. When. They. Do This. I refused to try and get the mini quaggan, the halloween skins, etc. If I cant buy it directly or have a way in-game to buy it, I refuse to purchase gems.

I do, however, tend to purchase gems when these sorts of things aren’t going on to continually support Anet because they still do good.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Where did they say that these skins were going to be a common item found in the chests? Oh wait, they didn’t.

The community has been asking for skins to buy outright. But instead we get gambling chests.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The community has been asking for skins to buy outright. But instead we get gambling chests.

The “Community” should speak out by not buying the gambling chests then. But based off the fact that Anet is doing gambling chests again, coupled with the constant “I SPENT $100 I got nothing” threads, I’d say the money says otherwise.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

The “Community” should speak out by not buying the gambling chests then. But based off the fact that Anet is doing gambling chests again, coupled with the constant “I SPENT $100 I got nothing” threads, I’d say the money says otherwise.

This is the quintessential guild wars 2 community meme.

Wants to send clear message to ANet that these chests suck.
Buys 200 chests.

For the record, I actually really like rare skins added on a chance basis to chests. I haven’t gone and opened any, because I don’t really feel that kind of compulsion. Some of the fused skins do look cool, though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is an example of why I keep any interaction with the RNG to a minimum.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Oh I agree, being a former CoH player, outfits were a big part of that game. A way to feel unique.

But my statement still stands. They announced in the patch notes that these weapon skins are now added to the rewards that you can get from a BLC but at no time they implied it’ll be as common as, say, heavy bag of coins or even an unidentified dye.

Now I wasn’t here the last time they had skins fall from chests so I don’t know if now it’s extremely uncommon as oppose to Halloween or Lost Shores.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lancuch.6278

Lancuch.6278

I had opened 20 BL chests and no fused ticket! Seriously I see only one reason of putting new skins in BL chest: GREED. In Guild Wars 1 everyone could get event skin via quest or mission and it was nice and in propper way. We DO NOT need to have some special exclusive weapons cuz we have legendaries which suck so bad in becasue of “1 precursor-per-month-per-server” drop rate. Now I hate those fused weps because they are almost unavaible for normal players. You want us to spend dollars on those keys? Cuz gem price for gold is too high, and You know why because you were rising this price due to promotions etc.

What frustrate me more that our “free market” Is not free at all. Just saying… And you can’t buy or sell whatever you want cuz soulbound. Main reason? WE JUST SAY SO and It won’t be logical at all. Ascended rings which i have like 10 and don’t know to sell them for 4s (lol) or keep because maybe arenanet allows me to throw them in mistic toilet just to get another crap.

Oh and one more thing. On black lion key there is note: “you can obtain this key from random monsters”. Now that’s the biggest lie in this game. I have played 1000 hours and no key droped from monsters. All were from TP, missions or map completion. Change this note or change drop rate for keys.

Also I would like to see some npc/mf recipe which will change those @#%* boosters which I do NOT want to have or use cuz they are pointless in the later state of game. They just took valuable place in eq/depo.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I had opened 20 BL chests and no fused ticket! Seriously I see only one reason of putting new skins in BL chest: GREED. In Guild Wars 1 everyone could get event skin via quest or mission and it was nice and in propper way. We DO NOT need to have some special exclusive weapons cuz we have legendaries which suck so bad in becasue of “1 precursor-per-month-per-server” drop rate. Now I hate those fused weps because they are almost unavaible for normal players. You want us to spend dollars on those keys? Cuz gem price for gold is too high, and You know why because you were rising this price due to promotions etc.

What frustrate me more that our “free market” Is not free at all. Just saying… And you can’t buy or sell whatever you want cuz soulbound. Main reason? WE JUST SAY SO and It won’t be logical at all. Ascended rings which i have like 10 and don’t know to sell them for 4s (lol) or keep because maybe arenanet allows me to throw them in mistic toilet just to get another crap.

Oh and one more thing. On black lion key there is note: “you can obtain this key from random monsters”. Now that’s the biggest lie in this game. I have played 1000 hours and no key droped from monsters. All were from TP, missions or map completion. Change this note or change drop rate for keys.

Also I would like to see some npc/mf recipe which will change those @#%* boosters which I do NOT want to have or use cuz they are pointless in the later state of game. They just took valuable place in eq/depo.

I think.. I think I love you..

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Counter argument that nullifies this post: Legendaries, Fused, and Holiday weapons are not required to play this game. They are all optional additions to this game.

Have a nice day!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

Counter argument that nullifies this post: Legendaries, Fused, and Holiday weapons are not required to play this game. They are all optional additions to this game.

Have a nice day!

Just like explaining the person your argument is completely optional and not required for you to continue your life.

??? This argument is really nonsensical.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Have a nice day!

Just like explaining the person your argument is completely optional and not required for you to continue with your life.

Life is optional. But I choose to live mine, since I have a Legendary to shoot unicorns with.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

Have a nice day!

Just like explaining the person your argument is completely optional and not required for you to continue with your life.

Life is optional. But I choose to live mine, since I have a Legendary to shoot unicorns with.

The wording was a little off due my non-nativeness, please check out the edit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lancuch.6278

Lancuch.6278

Yeah okay. I was in great anger after opening that chests and wanted just to shout my point into the web. You were right that my arguement was invalid but legendary or cool looks is a goal that every player want to achieve. I wanted to show You guys that arena’s gem politics is not good for us players. They just harvest dollars on ours will to have something beutiful. I don’t want to be some pro with the only blade on server but a guy with nice looking gear.

They are making thousends of $ because they can. Yeah you dont need to buy or something but I want to ask why event skins politics known from GW1 change so dramatically? You know All those skins and stuff is not necessary to play but if skins or cool look was not a goal, then why should I stay and play this game? It’s like with life. We live just to make our lifes mean something. I play to have cool looking Twilight. You can say that there is more ways to play GW2, but I do not see them. In my opinion PvP sucks (ranks = 100% grind and only reward is ALSO skins or pointless titles) and WvW need a thousend hours spend on 2 diffrent maps recapping the same towers.

To sum up I think the gem store politics and obtaining gems by playing and buying for real money should be balanced and in future it would be nice if you put skins in the TP (like on wintersday) not in some gambling machine.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

whilst the longbow is rather nice,I much prefer the new guild long bow as it’s less flashy
I’ll buy some gems with gold when it calms down a small bit and try my luck with 10 or so.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Midguard.7603

Midguard.7603

So far, I’m sitting at 60 chests opened, using 40$ CAN and 25g converted to gems. I have yet to see a ticket.

Really disappointed in ANET

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

They could actually keep this drop rate as is if they just gave us odds. Right now it’s like playing the lotto only they can randomly add or subtract a digit from the draw.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I learnt from the Wintersday fiasco…. do you honestly think they give a kitten about players whining on the forums? I opened about 10 chests… nothing. I’m done.

Glad i got more mystery tonics because I’m really lacking in those.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bluemonkey.1762

bluemonkey.1762

As luck would have it, I haven’t seen a key in 3 months, got two in the last two weeks. Now if only there was a way to craft BLC keys instead….

Next week all you all should each buy 100 lottery tickets…and then complain to the store manager that you didn’t win & how you never win despite always playing which entitles you to win at least some of the time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

i’ve opened, no lie, easily over 200 chests altogether and have never gotten a rare item, perma item, backpack, fused skin, makeover kit, name change, or anything else special. Correction, i got a chainsaw sword skin for halloween (but that wasn’t a black lion chest and only sold for 4.7 gold). I have a bank full of boosters, harvesting tools, and blue and green dyes…I truly do feel robbed. A percent chance of winning any of these items from the get-go would make it more fair….or better yet just sell them in the gem store. BUT, about the gem store…charging 400 for one stupid hippo mini is ridiculous. for halloween we got 3 cool looking minis for 500, and the super adventure ones were 3 for 500…one mini should never cost 400. And these new weapon skins costing 600 gems each…lame; that’s about $7 of real money for a virtual reality weapon graphic. That’s almost the same cost as a monthly subsription for an mmo. You guys are raking in the dough with your model…but you could at least increase the drop rates on these items for people paying you tons of money. I’ve easily spent over $200 on this game so far. anet has done little to make me feel appreciated other than super adventure box mode and the halloween event being unique and interesting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

You people have a very serious problem.

You’re throwing your money away. You’re throwing it away for nothing in return. If you don’t know the probabilities of winning you can’t calculate risk. Why would you invest your money without knowing the risks involved?

It’s stupid.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

You people have a very serious problem.

You’re throwing your money away. You’re throwing it away for nothing in return. If you don’t know the probabilities of winning you can’t calculate risk. Why would you invest your money without knowing the risks involved?

It’s stupid.

That’s kinda the point… Why continue down this path as a company? There may be a sucker born every minute, but there’s also “fool me once…” It’s just bad form.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

keep defecating on your customers, and they’ll jump ship. bottom line; and it happens often. i would hope they understand we have other options.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LuizFeitosa.4623

LuizFeitosa.4623

65 keys / 00 Tickets

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Asyaru.9280

Asyaru.9280

you guys are just very unlucky, i opened my first bl chest 3 days ago(for free) and got my coupon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Its too bad the drop rate for things and the quality of items dropped from the BLCs are so bad. I have a boatload of those chests in my bank but refuse to spend real life money for the keys. I have gotten only two keys in the past couple of months and neither chest opened gave me another key.

This has got to be the worst offering in the TP in my opinion. Not only way too hard to get keys as drops but when you do get a key the rewards are not worth it…definitely not worth lottery chance for something I “might” get.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Liavain Axon.1972

Liavain Axon.1972

Something I posted in the Fused Ticket thread. It applies here too:

I got 2 Tickets out of $70 worth of keys.
The rest of the stuff I got were pretty much junk taking up my bank space. Not a single useful item or backpack skin.
If I spend real life money, I shouldn’t be playing the RNG with such horrible odds. It is akin to gambling. If you want to use the RNG to help get you guys money, then you should at least help the players a bit more by giving us “loaded keys”. Keys “enchanted” to give us a better chance at getting an item we want.

Enchanted Backpack key (Any of the random backpack skins)
Enchanted Kit key (higher chance of any type of kit or permanent bank/express item)
Enchanted Event key (higher chance of a limited time item)

Things like that would still have an element of randomness, but still allow us to filter through the piles of junk that we don’t want for a chance at an item we do want. Heck, make those keys cost a bit more. That way I could have spent more gems on other things like Minis or limited skins. It would at least help go a long way to boost confidence in a system that is quickly showing its “money grubbing” roots.
I don’t mind supporting GW2. I just don’t want to feel like I’m getting robbed by a “one armed bandit” every time I do.

XOXO
~Lia