Black Lion Chest demand drop

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I noticed they always had a buy order of 4c and sell price of 6c, and huge stacks on each of those.

Today, the buy order is 2c. The demand went from about 950,000 to 184,000 in 6 hours.

Strange huh?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Not really strange. They didn’t put out any 1 ticket skins in this update like they did in all the others recently. Very few are going to bother buying or farming enough keys for 50 scraps for a single skin and those that do farm for keys don’t need to buy that many chests as they get a fairly high rate of chests to go along with the keys they farm anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Doesn’t take more than one person to put up a couple of hundred thousand buy orders at 4c.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Am I the only one boggled WHY people would even place a BUY order on a chest? XD I get stacks of these and try and get rid of them!

Duty is heavier than death.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tecca.4036

Tecca.4036

Saving that 1c, it’s uber important!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I’d wager the vast, vast majority of those buy and sell orders are coming from a handful of people making a copper at a time on the bid/ask spread.

I’d guess their inventories were piling up excessively enough that they couldn’t sell at 6c fast enough and had to pull the buys to limit exposure.

That has to be a really odd market to trade in.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Clark Skinner.4902

Am I the only one boggled WHY people would even place a BUY order on a chest? XD I get stacks of these and try and get rid of them!

I know right! Why even?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

When there was a 4c – 6c spread, you’d buy or sell at 5c because those buy or sell orders would often fill in seconds.

You’d buy order at 4c because you’re ordering 100,000 of them to put up for sale for 6c each and pocket 10g for your trouble.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Just because you have money, it doesn’t mean you’re smart.

I don’t know how exactly the TP tax is applied to items <10c, but even if you only make 1c per sale it does add up, and since there’s no competition (one person buying 800,000 chests) it’s a small but steady income.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

John is giving a hint. Commence relevant speculation, please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

So 15% of 2c is rounded up to 1c or is it rounded down to zero?

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

New MF recipe: Combine stacks of Black Lion Chests to get Shiny Black Lion Chests with a higher chance for tickets and rare loot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

I delete them whenever I get them now lmao. Post them for 8c and people will buy them in a week or so

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Doesn’t take more than one person to put up a couple of hundred thousand buy orders at 4c.

Imo there should be a limit put into place to curtail activities such as this. Really who needs several hundred thousand of anything? There is only one reason for it and that is to play the only non restricted aspect of the game and profit from it in a way that no other avenue allows. I wonder why………….

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Imo there should be a limit put into place to curtail activities such as this. Really who needs several hundred thousand of anything? There is only one reason for it and that is to play the only non restricted aspect of the game and profit from it in a way that no other avenue allows. I wonder why………….

There are probably a few reasons why, but I think liquidity would be the prime reason.

And I don’t see any benefit for imposing a limit on volume of trades a player can make.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I’ve been saying for ages now they need a volume limit for traders on the TP. The daytrading aspect has picked up with so many people imposing a limit gives newer players a better chance to make a little money on the tp and limit those with tens of thousands of gold from making ridiculous amounts and crowding up markets with their excessive amount of money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

@Magnus: Can you point to any cases where new market players are being shut out by already wealthy players? Because I only recently started up playing the TP again after a break from doing so, and I had no problem making decent profits from a small initial amount of gold (< 50 gold).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

New MF recipe: Combine stacks of Black Lion Chests to get Shiny Black Lion Chests with a higher chance for tickets and rare loot.

I think they are called rusty black lion chests actually according to the datamined info.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I thought you could only order a max of 1 stack of something at a time? 100,000 chests means 400 orders. That’s a lot of clicking!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryan.4786

Ryan.4786

I bought twenty five thousand chests for my guild vault. 10g worth of speculation.

All because of that datamined “rusty chest” string.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

18.3% profit from resale

(if you get 250 of them at 4c and sell at 6c it’s 2s73c for doing basically nothing)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

The time it takes to play 250 unit orders and sell them makes the return rate much less than relevant…

Ryan makes a much better point,

in Black Lion Trading Co

Clark Skinner.4902

Correction: Doesn’t take more than one botting program to put up a couple hundred thousand buy orders at 4c.

I removed a couple hundred buy orders today from months back. Clicking Remove over and over and over again took forever and made me wish I was watching Sally. Yes from the 90s.

The time it would take to do that is insane, as well as extremely lengthy. I’m sure you know if this was one person doing it that they used an automatic bidding management program. Is there any hope that these are going to be stopped? It makes me just want to leave the TP to the bots because I can’t compete.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I removed a couple hundred buy orders today from months back. Clicking Remove over and over and over again took forever and made me wish I was watching Sally. Yes from the 90s.

The time it would take to do that is insane, as well as extremely lengthy.

It’s just another form of grinding. Except you have a bit more security knowing they’ll never nerf the TP.