Black Lion Chests Broken?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wojtekk.9361

Wojtekk.9361

Hi i have opened 20-25 blk lion chests and recive just 4 opened. What is wrong?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Max.4786

Max.4786

about 1/5 to 1/4 of the chests were bugged and only returned 2 items. you get returned a number of chests based on their database record.

there is nothing wrong.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: King Jon.3128

King Jon.3128

What is wrong is that the chest now gives useless crap making it not even worth buying anymore. (buying keys)

All of the boosters are pretty much junk, especially for that price.
People say crafting booster is great, it doesn’t actually help me at all. Nearly same results without using one.

The only valuable thing is a black lions salvage kit.
But I am sure they’re much more harder to get now.

I don’t understand the move or switch to this uselessness.
And seriously, 1 copper counts as an item?

In the past, I used to open a chest and then see the content, and go “ooo” on well, just a black lions kit. Now, I open them and think, wtf is this kitten doing in this box, get it out?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

I opened 12 boxes and didn’t get any boxes back yet, so I hope someone is paying attention to this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lazy.2389

Lazy.2389

I appreciate this as a step in the right direction. I was pretty much certain Anet had allowed this BLC bug on purpose and wouldn’t compensate people for what they missed out on but I am happy to be shown otherwise. Hopefully at some point BLC will contain more useful items and a higher proportion of the already useful items but with people buying hundreds and only then complaining about it despite the plethora of threads about the uselessness of the chests/keys, I fear this will never happen. Hopefully Anet will decide to show appreciation for those who decide to further support them monetarily (while of course taking in consideration that those who don’t should not feel majorly disadvantaged).

I look forward to seeing how this is dealt with.

Kind regards.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

Can I get my logs checked as well please?

I open couple black lion chests once in a while prtty often.

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Have not seen any black lion chest keys recently. I think in the past 2-3 weeks I’ve only seen 3 or 4 keys total. When I used them I did not get much out of the chests.

I personally will not use any of my gems to purchase the keys since I do not feel the reward is worth the cost of the keys.

If the keys dropped in the game more often, and the chest rewards were worth more than they are, I might consider purchasing some keys. However, not as it is currently setup.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drakkonis.2768

Drakkonis.2768

I was thinking on spending some gems on keys but I wanted an informed opinion beforehand. Are the chest worth the investment? I mean, the Mystery Tonic is probably the biggest piece of crap I’ve seen in a game so far, but I do remember they said something about chests giving better rewards. Is it true or not?

Chaos is the only true answer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I was thinking on spending some gems on keys but I wanted an informed opinion beforehand. Are the chest worth the investment? I mean, the Mystery Tonic is probably the biggest piece of crap I’ve seen in a game so far, but I do remember they said something about chests giving better rewards. Is it true or not?

Depends, you have… if I remember now it is 1 in 4 chance to get 3x Mystery Tonic vs previously always getting Mystery tonics. Their drop rate was adjusted to match some of the other items (check patch notes), which means that rather than wasting an item slot to Mystery tonic there is now 75% chance to get something kind of useful as the third item.

As for the other drop rates it is kind of difficult to tell, the rare items are still rare, and like someone said it seems as if the BL salvage kit is not as frequent. In my opinion it is worth it to spend any keys you may have saved up, but not necessarily to buy (whether it is gems bought with money or gems converted from gold) new ones.

If Lionguard Lyns still has keys in stock when she comes back it may be worth it to check whether gold to gems conversion or using the badges and TP to get keys is cheaper, but I wouldn’t put real money on the chests at this time (it is a gamble, so if you do it be prepared to loose, I bought 5 or 10 keys with money, and while my gamble paid off… it did so in the most useless way possible ie. I am now a proud owner of an endless mystery tonic :P).

tl;dr: It is still a gamble, and you should never gamble money you are not prepared to loose… whether it is real money or in game gold (through currency exchange).

(edited by Crise.9401)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Black lion chests are back to the borked drop rate (right after this last update).

1 copper (hot diggity dog!!!!)
1 repair canister
1 boost item
3 mystery tonics

Serious blah crap again. Get it together Anet….

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I got a bunch of chests in the mail, good job anet, you did the right thing and very quickly I might add. Thanks!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Black lion chests are back to the borked drop rate (right after this last update).

1 copper (hot diggity dog!!!!)
1 repair canister
1 boost item
3 mystery tonics

Serious blah crap again. Get it together Anet….

3 items in a chest. Working as intended.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

What I don’t understand is why you people are still buying keys.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Anet will not get any money from me for the keys. The chests are a rip off.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Well, I will be looking forward to some compensation. I opened close to 300 chests.

Where did you get keys for 300 chests?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rue.2049

Rue.2049

This happened to me a couple of days ago with a key from map completion. I reported it as a bug because I only received 2 items and 1 copper

Lhaon – Sea of Sorrows