Black Lion Claim Ticket, Buy,

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: usernameisapain.7163

usernameisapain.7163

Why not make Black lion claim ticket a buy, for let’s say 100gems for one, it takes impossibly many chests sometimes to get just one weapon. And other times you get really lucky. My point being, there is the possible loss of revenue.
However, there is also a chance that people who are scared away of buying the chests, cause of the low rate for getting a ticket or a scrap, might want to buy it if the ticket is readily available in the Gem Store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Did you open a chest recently? It even looks like a slot machine now. The whole gambling experience is intended. Remove the BL ticket from the BL chest loot table, and no one will ever buy a key again. It won’t happen.

Even if Anet would be remotely interested in this idea, you’d better add a zero to your cost proposal. And replace the word “ticket” with “bundle of ticket scraps” (RNG included, gives 2 to 5 scraps).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

^ I agree

Remove the tickets and scraps and who would pay money or time to get a booster and a couple of low value, account bound items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

^ I agree

Remove the tickets and scraps and who would pay money or time to get a booster and a couple of low value, account bound items.

Well .. The black lion perma trading post and black lion perma merchant i’ve gotten wasn’t to bad either

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

^ I agree

Well .. The black lion perma trading post and black lion perma merchant i’ve gotten wasn’t to bad either

Items that drop so rarely that the percents aren’t listed in the drop table, are not something that most people are going to spend money on. So far the drop tables have records of 3,791 chests. Of all these, only one of the permanent items was recorded. This low of a drop rate makes these items irrelevant to this discussion.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

and yet, that’s what people spend gems for keys on. you really think they buy keys for the mystery tonics? nope. it’s the rare rare chance at something worth 100x what they spent.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Seriously…100gems…for a FULL ticket? It takes roughly 20 to 30 BL chests to generate a full ticket (tho I have gotten 8 with 10 chests before….tis RNG….i.e. GAMBLING).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Gotta admit, I don’t care much for gambling either. To be perfectly honest, I -refuse- to buy keys BECAUSE of that. I’ll just farm them up from time to time. No, Anet, you will NOT be getting my money for those Keys. What you -will- get my money for, is Skins. Like the Armor and Outfit skins. In fact you recently made $50 off of me for those.

Want to make it $100? Let me buy the Weapon Skins too. Want me to sink money into Keys? Ha, no. I never pay for something that isn’t a guarantee. I will not, and never will buy keys. Period. Not unless what I want in the chests (Scraps/Tickets) becomes guaranteed.

You may take that advice to the bank.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

They had the Wintersday weapons for sale in the gem store back then. The fact that they haven’t repeated this tells you how much money they get by selling the chests with the gamble factor as opposed to selling the tickets/weapons outright. They must make significantly more money selling the chests.

In other words, they’ve already tried OPs suggestion, indirectly, and abandoned it.