Black Lion Claim Ticket- New Skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

So despite my better judgment, I spent way to much money on black lion keys (complaints found at other topics) and eventually managed to scrap together one full black lion claim ticket.
I was hoping with this latest patch, kicking off the end of our living story, we might see some new skins offered. Sadly not. Any idea how long we have to wait before we might see some??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would like to know this as well. I missed out on the dreamthistle staff just a few days AFTER I finally managed to assemble 1 golden ticket, then of course I get another full ticket by fluke, from a chest. So now I have 2 golden tickets to use, but nothing to use them on.

I would have thought there’d be new skins in December – got none. I thought, oh well, perhaps in the first month of the new year – SURELY!? But nope.

:-/

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

mmm? does the ticket vendor not have them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

mmm? does the ticket vendor not have them?

There were no new weapon skins introduced through the vendor with this week’s patch. The one-week-only sale is long gone and existing skins cost 5 tickets each, except sclerite (3 tickets) and fused (7 tickets) so having one or two tickets means there is nothing you can buy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I would very much like to know this as well a I have several skins sitting in my bank already and another 9-10? Full tickets, yes you heard right full tickets not scraps, to use xD

Isle Of Janthir

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Patience
It’s been some time since DreamThistle was offered. Anet tended to put new skins out fairly regularly during the run of the living story .
If I were a betting man, I’d wager we’ll see something on or before this Scarlet LS concludes in March.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m a tad surprised by the lack of new weapon skins lately as well. I mean, in summer and fall of last year we were getting full sets of new skins every month, sometimes even overlapping with one another.

Yet all of a sudden it seems like they’ve hit a lull, so to speak. There were no Wintersday weapons at all introduced (which was more disappointing for me), and now nothing in this update either.

There are a number of possible reasons that I can think of, though.

One could be legendary weapons. They’ve already said they plan on introducing more, so maybe those are in the works and they have their modellers hard at work on those instead of making other new weapons. On the same note, its also possible they’ve pulled some of them to work on the “other projects” they’ve mentioned. If that means something like an expansion, they’d likely need to build up a pretty good array of weapons and armor. Particularly if that means completely new weapons, which would entail creating a whole lot of skins.

Another could be that many of the weapons we’ve gotten up until now were already partially completed but not finished, but now they are out of partially-done designs and have to make them from scratch. So it may to take longer for new sets to be introduced from now on, if that’s the case.

Yet another could just be that they don’t have any reason to introduce new weapons. With a few exceptions, most of the weapons they add get introduced for a reason, to coincide with an event of some sort. There’s really nothing in this particular release that would really tie in with new weapons being introduced, no new enemy types or any sort of festival type reward they could be giving (unless they did a full set of the wurm weapons, I guess). Though that wouldn’t explain the lack of Wintersday stuff.

All complete guesses, mind you. I wouldn’t put too much stock in any of those theories, just floating some possibilities.