Black Lion Harvesting Tools usefullness...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stuckey.5816

Stuckey.5816

Seeing as how a good many of us are opening Black Lions chests lately, and filling our bags with these harvesting tools, I thought I’d ask why they’re only as good as steel tools? The chests drop all the way up to level 80, so I would think they should at least be as good as Mithril tools, yes?

EDIT: I was indeed confusing the BL pick with the Master Pick. I had it in my head that they were the same quality level, but see now that the BL picks work on everything.

(edited by Stuckey.5816)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Uh, the black lion pick, sickle and axe all act as if they’re Orichalcum.
You’re thinking about the green ones that are called master.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I’d like to know this too. The come with so very few uses, and yet cost so many gems compared to ordinary 4 silver, it’s just outright scary to waste even one use. What do you even get for it?

Maybe they’re a way to mine some currently-undiscovered Obsidian nodes or something.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

I doubt ANet would put in “gem store only” obsidian nodes.

That said, the BL tools are supposed to give improved rates of hidden stashes and gems, but they seem to affect it extremely minimalistically (ex: .5% to .6%). The rate should go up fairly drastically for it (.5% to 1.5%) to make them worthwhile.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrazyGoNuts.9536

CrazyGoNuts.9536

considering that they have only 25 uses, your chances of actually getting anything more out of them than any other 25 uses on other kinds of tools is incredibly low. ANet seems to have a very poor grasp of basic probability.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zelot.8276

Zelot.8276

wts 2 bank tabs full of these tools….

oh wait…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DanteZero.3569

DanteZero.3569

wts 2 bank tabs full of these tools….

oh wait…

2 Bank tabs? It would be much easier if they could stack with each other so you can carry more than 10 sickles at a time in one slot…